IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reason why there are no homosexuals inIsl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

I am saying that christians have no authority to punish crime in Christianity. They report the matter to the relevant authorities (the police, the state etc), who have the authority to punish crime.

Ok, who are these relevant authorities in Christianland who have the authority to punish crime - non christians?

Saladin, this is what you muslims just don't get - there is no "christianland", ok?  Christianity is not like Islam, it has no authority to wield temporal power (not that christians have not tried it).  Christians can excommunicate immoral people from the church, indeed they should do, but have no power to sentence criminals.  If a judge, for example, happens to be a christian, then he sentences the criminal in the name of the state, according to the laws of the state, and not in the name of Christ. 

The relevant authorities, to answer your question, are the enforcers of the law in the framework of the state.  Christians must obey the laws of the land - Romans chap.13 - unless of course in doing so, they are asked to disobey God through sin.  In such an eventuality, they are still subject to the laws of the state, and are punished according to those laws, if their beliefs conflict with the laws in question.  This they should accept, knowing that God is Final Judge and Arbiter.

And yes, not only could the relevant authorities be non-christian, they could be vehemently anti-christian, as was the case when Paul wrote Romans 13.  The relevant power then was pagan Rome, which slaughtered countless christians, including Paul.  It was very hard being a christian then, but christians have similar problems today, in places like Saudi Arabia and Orissa state, India.

Edited by Doo-bop - 16 April 2009 at 4:25pm
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:48pm
I am saying that christians have no authority to punish crime in Christianity. They report the matter to the relevant authorities (the police, the state etc), who have the authority to punish crime.

Ok, who are these relevant authorities in Christianland who have the authority to punish crime - non christians?

Edited by Saladin - 16 April 2009 at 2:51pm
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2009 at 3:52am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"Did I say that the Lord Jesus abolished all punishment for all crime?"

"when the New Covenant of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was established, there being no law on punishment (by human hand)for anything in this (final) covenant, since it is not a legal system." 

Doo-bop:  The Quran does not state that men and women committing adultery or fornication except homosexuals must be punished with 100 lashes.
I am sure that even you must understand that anyone engaging in sex without being married is committing fornication and anyone engaging in extra-marital sex is committing adultery.

If you still don't understand this simple point, perhaps you could seek a member of YOUR clergy to explain it to you. Just ask them if a man and woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman were to engage in sexual relations without marriage would they be committing fornication.
In the meantime, I am sure everyone else reading this thread has gotten it and probably wishes to move on.

"........there being no law on punishment (by human hand)for anything in this (final) covenant, since it is not a legal system."  --once again, I suggest you read what is written, instead of twisting it.   When I refer to "this (final) covenant", I am referring to Christianity.  I am saying that christians have no authority to punish crime in Christianity.  They report the matter to the relevant authorities (the police, the state etc), who have the authority to punish crime.  Sadly, under the Islamic system, the muslim claims to have the authority for everything, even when  he can't make their minds up his law is.....

As for the verse you quoted from the Quran, purporting to point to punishment for homosexuality (and this, hopefully, is my final word on this verse) - it is perfectly obvious to me that a man and a woman committing adultery/fornication, being caught, and each of them being punished, the man as well as the woman, are not being punished for homosexual activity.  If you cannot see that then you must be blind.  All this talk of homosexuality being the same as fornication is just your way of not looking at what the verse is actually saying.

So, a legal loophole has been discovered for gays in Islam.  Al-Fatiha should be happy about that.  They probably already know about it of course.

oh and btw Shasta's, I'm not raging.  Just a nice friendly person, loving, caring, fond of children, animals etc...........Smile

Edited by Doo-bop - 16 April 2009 at 4:23am
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 2:44pm
"Did I say that the Lord Jesus abolished all punishment for all crime?"

"when the New Covenant of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was established, there being no law on punishment (by human hand)for anything in this (final) covenant, since it is not a legal system." 

Doo-bop:  The Quran does not state that men and women committing adultery or fornication except homosexuals must be punished with 100 lashes.
I am sure that even you must understand that anyone engaging in sex without being married is committing fornication and anyone engaging in extra-marital sex is committing adultery.

If you still don't understand this simple point, perhaps you could seek a member of YOUR clergy to explain it to you. Just ask them if a man and woman, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman were to engage in sexual relations without marriage would they be committing fornication.
In the meantime, I am sure everyone else reading this thread has gotten it and probably wishes to move on.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Salaams Chrysalis:

This is another "at this point" threads, where anyone reading, except one apparently, has it figured out that a fornicator is a fornicator, and I am just gonna stop. 

It is interesting to note that this thread started out with Christians raging because a Muslim called for the death of homosexuals and now a Christian is raging because Islam doesn't call for the death of homosexuals. A very telling thread, indeed.

Of course, I also find it interesting that Jesus Christ abolished all punishment for all crime, that would explain a lot..... however I just can't seem to remember Jesus saying this.

A very telling thread indeed.  According to you, I've been "agitated", angry, then "raging".  I think that says more about whats going on in your head than anything else and possibly also on your view on the non-muslim world

Did I say that the Lord Jesus abolished all punishment for all crime?

Perhaps you could also inform me exactly how a man and a woman who have committed adultery/fornication, with both of them being punished for it, have in the process also engaged in homosexual activity, when they are of the opposite sex

LOL
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

[Quote] 
So still no proof of what you are saying.  The verse you quoted in no way relates to homosexuality, as anyone reading it can see. 

The verse clearly relates to immoral sexual sin between a man and a woman.  That's what it says.  It's a woman and a man who are guilty, not a man and a man.  That's why it says flog each of them with a hundred stripes,  because it is both of them, the man and the woman, who are involved.  You are saying that it relates to all pre-/non-/extra-marital sex.  But it does not.  This verse relates to sexual sin between a man and a woman.

The verse talks of Fornication. . . . . according to the dictionary:

BTW - FYI Shasta & I did not come up with the meaning of fornication (niether did other muslims)

for⋅ni⋅ca⋅tion

/ˌfɔrnɪˈkeɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-ni-key-shuhn] Show IPA
�noun
1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.

In case u didnt notice:  it does not mention sexual orientation. ANY SEXUAL ACT B/W UNMARRIED PERSONS IS FORNICATION.

You are having difficulty in understanding something that Shasta seems to have repeated more than twice here. Lets make it simpler, and repeat once again, shall we?

Homosexuality = Fornication. (by definition)

So what does the Qur'an say about Fornicators? I think Shasta already answered that question.

Summary: (Qur'an/Islam forbids, prohibits, bans, discourages Fornication. There is punishment for Fornication in the Qur'an. Homosexuality is fornication)

Unless ofcourse, you disagree that Homosexuality falls under the category of fornication. Do you?

Oh dear......what can I say?  Look - when a man and a woman commit fornication/adultery, and both of them get punished for it, then it is not for homosexuality that they are being punished for......

Edited by Doo-bop - 15 April 2009 at 1:43pm
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:33am

Salaams Chrysalis:

This is another "at this point" threads, where anyone reading, except one apparently, has it figured out that a fornicator is a fornicator, and I am just gonna stop. 

It is interesting to note that this thread started out with Christians raging because a Muslim called for the death of homosexuals and now a Christian is raging because Islam doesn't call for the death of homosexuals. A very telling thread, indeed.

Of course, I also find it interesting that Jesus Christ abolished all punishment for all crime, that would explain a lot..... however I just can't seem to remember Jesus saying this.

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 15 April 2009 at 11:37am
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

[Quote] 
So still no proof of what you are saying.  The verse you quoted in no way relates to homosexuality, as anyone reading it can see. 

The verse clearly relates to immoral sexual sin between a man and a woman.  That's what it says.  It's a woman and a man who are guilty, not a man and a man.  That's why it says flog each of them with a hundred stripes,  because it is both of them, the man and the woman, who are involved.  You are saying that it relates to all pre-/non-/extra-marital sex.  But it does not.  This verse relates to sexual sin between a man and a woman.

The verse talks of Fornication. . . . . according to the dictionary:

BTW - FYI Shasta & I did not come up with the meaning of fornication (niether did other muslims)

for⋅ni⋅ca⋅tion

/ˌfɔrnɪˈkeɪʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [fawr-ni-key-shuhn] Show IPA
�noun
1. voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other.

In case u didnt notice:  it does not mention sexual orientation. ANY SEXUAL ACT B/W UNMARRIED PERSONS IS FORNICATION.

You are having difficulty in understanding something that Shasta seems to have repeated more than twice here. Lets make it simpler, and repeat once again, shall we?

Homosexuality = Fornication. (by definition)

So what does the Qur'an say about Fornicators? I think Shasta already answered that question.

Summary: (Qur'an/Islam forbids, prohibits, bans, discourages Fornication. There is punishment for Fornication in the Qur'an. Homosexuality is fornication)

Unless ofcourse, you disagree that Homosexuality falls under the category of fornication. Do you?

Edited by Chrysalis - 15 April 2009 at 9:10am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic