IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic values and Western 'culture'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic values and Western 'culture'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 5:07am
Oh, thanks a lot for choosing to say nothing because you have nothing sensible to say.

Hmm that is your opinion... she has lots to say that is sensible... now you on the other hand... well... considering you've never been here.. its like I keep my mouth shut when discussing India much, never been there, can go on what I read, but how accurate is  anything anymore.. you of course, know about everyone.. all over the world..  like discussing African - Americans... how many do you know?? Now many African- Amricans are 'illiterate' and would be the first to tell you how AIDS is transmitted.. they are not dumb people.  UGGH  You are operating in stereotpes abound...
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
candid_new View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2009 at 1:55am
Oh, thanks a lot for choosing to say nothing because you have nothing sensible to say.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by candid_new candid_new wrote:

"Even in US AIDS is more prevalent amongst Blacks because many of them are not adequately educated."
What do you think about the link below
http://www.aegis.org/news/dmg/2004/MG040413.html

"Here in India illiterate people don't use soap and toothpastes. They don't know smoking and drinking is injurious to health."

or:

"Rich Muslims are certainly getting decadent and immoral"

Since when did rich Muslims and itlliterate Indians become a race?

You know, if you choose to denigrate people, whether it is their race, their intelligence, their morality, it's up to you.
In the west we have a saying: If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
At this point I choose to say nothing at all........
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 10:15pm
"Even in US AIDS is more prevalent amongst Blacks because many of them are not adequately educated."
What do you think about the link below
http://www.aegis.org/news/dmg/2004/MG040413.html

"Here in India illiterate people don't use soap and toothpastes. They don't know smoking and drinking is injurious to health."

or:

Since when did rich Muslims and itlliterate Indians become a race?

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 5:25pm
"Hey, you forgot to mention that I also said Westerners are promiscuous and drunkards.
Besides, you should, at least, take care to quote me accurately even when you do it out of context. "

Sorry, thought I was fairly accurate. Which statement are you questioning?

Perhaps:

or maybe:

or:

I can go on....

I wonder how all of the above observations fit in with the "Muslims are NOT racists" topic you started? Perhaps it should have been "Some Muslims are NOT racists". 

But you should be proud, you form an opinion about large groups of people, and you are not afraid to voice it...

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 18 March 2009 at 5:27pm
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 8:00am
I haven't been out of India, but I have interacted with many foreigners and Indians, who have been out of India, in person. I have also chatted with many people from around the world on IRC.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:53am
Candid, have you ever been out of India? Just curious.. as Mark Twain once said " be careful of health magazines you may die of a misprint"

be careful about what you read..

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candid_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2009 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Originally posted by candid_new candid_new wrote:

Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

You and Sagan no doubt know more than Allah.

HAHAHAHA. So, by your logic, Muslims should all be illiterate because Prophet (SAWS) was also illiterate. And also ride camels. [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" />

I'm not the one stereotyping here.

Candid's greatest hits:

illiterate people are dirty

black people are uneducated

westerners are overly materialistic, decadent,�immoral,�and believe religion to be a burden

rich Muslims are decadent and immoral

Israel and America are evil

Pakistanis "Majority of the people are illiterate. They have limited access to information and hence, they can't think for themselves."

Indians are hypocrits, filthy,�and fascists

European women are selfish and materialistic

Hey, you forgot to mention that I also said Westerners are promiscuous and drunkards.
Besides, you should, at least, take care to quote me accurately even when you do it out of context.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic