IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sins of masturbation?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sins of masturbation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 12:34am
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

Originally posted by pure_columbian pure_columbian wrote:

... Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Msturbation makes you blind???????? really????? Can't be true or most teenagers would be walking around with the aid of a white stick. [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />

Is a weak eyesight the same as blindness?

More a sign that one needs to slow down on the frequency of masturbation, lol

abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:08am

... Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.
Msturbation makes you blind???????? really????? Can't be true or most teenagers would be walking around with the aid of a white stick. [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />

So you believe in poor eyesight as one of the effects of masturbation!
pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:20pm

So you believe in poor eyesight as one of the effects of masturbation!

lol, poor eyesight is more a sign of something being wrong with the eyes than what one does with ones hands and the gentilia
HalaHala2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HalaHala2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Ron
I love your lashing out on my recommendation LOLwithout considering the extenuating circumstances!
My advice was based on domicile of the subject i.e., Iran, with mullah rule how he is going to fulfill "a stable and loving relationship beforehand"? If caught in that situation he would end up in hot water!
Did you think about that situation?
Islamic marriage is a contract not a love affair... you might like to know!
The high divorce rate in the west doesn't reflect guarantees on continuity of that feigned love based on the premarital carnal desire! Just look at lives of Clintons and Gores for example...Say it again, why did they marry?

And that sacrament part is a stretch...LOL
I think mostly men are replying on this topic..I am a married woman,married for more than 10 years. Sexual relations with my husband have always been difficult. He does not  enjoy it,and now refuse's be intimate with me in that way. I am very healthy and fit,and I find the need for him frustrating to me because he refuse's me this part of our marriage.So,I have been encouraged by my sisters to 'take care of myself',so I won't  feel nervous about this part of our marriage that is non-existent. Divorce is not an option I wish to think about. Despite this problem in our marriage,we love each other. I am a good Muslim woman and although the thought has crossed my mind,I can not bring myself to seek out another man to fill this wanting in me for my husband.
cookie View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 1:39am
Hello brothers and sisters,

I would also like your help on this topic. I am currently 16 years old and I am in a university in the United States (dont ask how i ended up in this position lol). I am very conflicted with this subject. I wish I could get married but I don't think that I am in a good position to do so right now (right in the middle of my studies and I am very young compared to everyone else). I feel very guilty when I do it. it is also in no way a habit. I do it very rarely when I have a hard time controlling myself. When I am in Saudi Arabia, my home country, the thought never even crosses my head and I feel very good. however, when I am in the United States and in college, sexual tension is everywhere. You cannot go an hour without sex being mentioned. I keep reading all the forums that mention how chronic masturbation is very bad and I agree. However, I am afraid that I might commit a larger sin if I do not masturbate,  especially in the United States. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, especially if someone has faced a situation similar to mine, where they are in a western society and too young to marry.

Thank you and may Allah be with you.
Al-Raheem View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al-Raheem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2012 at 5:42am
Originally posted by cookie cookie wrote:

Hello brothers and sisters,I would also like your help on this topic. I am currently 16 years old and I am in a university in the United States (dont ask how i ended up in this position lol). I am very conflicted with this subject. I wish I could get married but I don't think that I am in a good position to do so right now (right in the middle of my studies and I am very young compared to everyone else). I feel very guilty when I do it. it is also in no way a habit. I do it very rarely when I have a hard time controlling myself. When I am in Saudi Arabia, my home country, the thought never even crosses my head and I feel very good. however, when I am in the United States and in college, sexual tension is everywhere. You cannot go an hour without sex being mentioned. I keep reading all the forums that mention how chronic masturbation is very bad and I agree. However, I am afraid that I might commit a larger sin if I do not masturbate,� especially in the United States. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, especially if someone has faced a situation similar to mine, where they are in a western society and too young to marry. Thank you and may Allah be with you.

To my Muslim brother cookie,

The only way to control the urge is to fast as mentioned in the Quran. For those who could not afford to get married the only solution to control your lust is to fast. The act of masturbation is due to lust and syaitaan is there to guide us to the wrong path. I have been sinfully masturbating for the past 18 years and just recently stopped totally because of a sermon I heard from an Ustaz regarding this issue. I pray to Allah to forgive me for the sins I have committed the last 18 years and I have repented ever since.
mazher0 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazher0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2013 at 11:08am
HI,
Can my wife masturbates me with her hands? Is it Halaal?
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 5:06am
Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic