Print Page | Close Window

sins of masturbation?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Men (Brothers)
Forum Description: Groups : Men (Brothers)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13125
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 3:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: sins of masturbation?
Posted By: Nabil
Subject: sins of masturbation?
Date Posted: 07 September 2008 at 5:45am
Hi

I know people say that generally in Islam masturbation is considered bad and not allowed but they dont mention whether it is sinful or not?Is it?

And teenagers are lot troubled cuz theyre not married and they can only masturbate.So can teenagers masturbate cuz they can not have sex,ofcourse.

Please help.

Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 09 September 2008 at 9:49pm
I really haven't heared a suitable argument on why masturbation is not allowed. I have read references from Hadith but nothing that outright explicitly forbids it. Masturbation is not genital intercouse so I don't see how that would violate the "no sex before marriage" policy. In fact masturbation is safer than genital sex between married couples, but that is the medical aspect of it. As far as religious I have yet to discuss this with an Imam or an Alim regarding the issue. I've come up with the conclusion that masturbation is seen as a cultural taboo because in certain cultures the appreciation of the body was not accepted. In most conservative socieities men don't express themselves or discuss their sexuality between themselves.

Posted By: abudawud
Date Posted: 21 September 2008 at 8:46pm
Sharing with all bros..

What is the punishment for masturbation in Islam?

Answer 165

2000-08-27

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/ask.pl?act=email&q=165">
Email%20this%20question%20to%20yourself%20or%20a%20friend
Tell a friend

http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/ask.pl?q=165&act=print">Show%20a%20printer%20friendly%20version%20of%20this%20question
Printable Copy

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/search.shtml">Search%20through%20the%20Fatwa%20Q%20&%20As
Search Q & A's 

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/">Browse%20through%20the%20Fatwa%20Q%20&%20As
View Q & A's 

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/form.shtml">Ask%20Imam%20your%20question,%20online
Ask a Question 

Masturbation is Haraam (unlawful).

This is the ruling of the four Madhaahibs viz. Maliki, Shaf�e, Hanafee and
one riwaayah (narration) from Imaam Hanbalee. They have drawn their
conclusions from the following proofs:

PROOFS FROM THE QUR�N
* Allah Ta�la says:
'And those who guard their private parts from their wives and those
(slave-girls) which their right-hands own - so there is no blame upon them.
Then whoever seeks beyond that (which is lawful), they are the
transgressors.

The intended meaning of these Aayat is clear. Allah Ta�la has praised the
believers for guarding their private parts from that which He has made
forbidden for them. Allah has permitted them to approach their wives and
slave-girls. Thereafter, these words of Allah Ta�la follow: 'Whoever seeks
beyond that which is lawful are oppressors who overstep from Halaal
(permitted) towards Haraam (prohibited).

Hafiz ibn Katheer (RA) writes Imaam Shaaf�e (RA) and those who have agreed
with him have concluded that masturbation is Haraam from this Aayat.' He
says: 'Masturbation is excluded from these two types which Allah has made
Halaal, viz. wives and slave-girls.

* Similarly, these Fuqahaa (Jurists) have drawn their conclusion from the
following Aayat:
'And those who do not find the means to marry should remain chaste until
Allah gives them resources by His grace.'

This Aayat shows masturbation to be Haraam because of two reasons: Firstly,
in this Aayat Allah Ta�la has given the command of chastity and, according
to the principles of Fiqh, a command (an imperative) denotes Wujoob
(incumbency, obligation). Hence to remain chaste is Waajib (compulsory) and
wherever chastity is Waajib it becomes Waajib to refrain from that which is
contrary to it, for example, adultery, fornication, and sodomy. This is due
to the fact that obligatory chastity will not materialise except by complete
refrainment from all that which is contrary to chastity.
Secondly: in this Aayat, Allah Ta�la has made chastity obligatory on those
who are unable to execute the command of Nikah. Here Allah Ta�la has not
determined any connection or link between marriage and chastity. Hence, this
demands that masturbation should be Haraam. And if assuming, it was
permissible, then Allah Ta�la would have mentioned it at this point because
this was the place of explanation. The silence maintaned by Allah Ta�la with
regard to it at a place which requires its explanation, denotes that
masturbation is Haraam.

Imaam Qurtubi (RA) has written in the Tafseer of this Aayat: 'And when Allah
Ta�la has not determined any order between Nikah and chastity, then this
shows that besides these two, everything else is Haraam. However, this
Hurmat (unlawfulness) does not include slave-girls because another command
of the Qur�n makes them Mubaah (permissible), viz.
'That which the right-hands earn (i.e. slave-girls).' Hence, in this manner
an addition of slave-girl has come. Masturbation, however still remains
Haraam.
'Those who seek beyond this (i.e. wives and slave-girls) are transgressors.'
(Ma�rij 31)

Under the Tafseer of this Aayat, Qaadhi Thanaullah Paani Patti writes:
'Imaam Baghawi has deduced from this Aayat that masturbation is Haraam.'

PROOFS FROM AHAADITH
* Similarly, the Fuqahaa have drawn their conclusion from a Hadith reported
by Abdullah bin Mas�od (Radhiallaahu �nhu) in Bukhari and Muslim. He reports
that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) said, 'O group of youth!
Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low
and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it
compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.'
Nabi (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) directed the person who is incapable of
bearing the burden on Nikah towards Sawm (fasting). If assuming,
masturbation was permissible, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) would
have mentioned it at this point. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam)
however maintained silence. Hence, this indicates that masturbation is
Haraam because silence at the place of explanation gives the benefit of
restriction.

* Some of the Fuqahaa have drawn their conclusion from a narration reported
by Hasan bin Arfah that Nabi (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) said, 'Seven
persons are such that Allah will not look at them on the Day of Qiyaamat nor
will He purify them nor will He include them among the learned and Allah
will enter them into Jahannam. They will enter Jahannam first except for
those who repent. As those who repent Allah will accept their repentance.

1. A person who masturbates.
2. A person who performs the act of sodomy.
3. The person upon whom the act of sodomy is performed.
4. A perpetual drunkard.
5. The person who hits his parents so much that they appeal for help.
6. The person who harms his neighbours so much so that they curse him.
7. The person who commits adultery with his neighbour's wife. (Ibn Katheer
vol. 5 p. 458)

Hadhrat Anas (Radhiallaahu �nhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu
�layhi Wasallam) said, 'The person who performs Nikah with his hands (i.e.
masturbates) is cursed. (Tafseer Mazhari vol. 12 p. 94)

SAYINGS OF OUR PIOUS PREDECESSORS WITH REGARD TO MASTURBATION
* Sa�ed bin Jubayr (Radhiallaahu �nhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu
�layhi Wasallam) said, 'Allah Ta�la will inflict a punishment on a group of
people because they played with their private parts.'
* Attaa (RA) says, 'Some people will be resurrected in such a condition that
their hands will be pregnant, I think they are those who masturbate.'

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Date Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:05am
Thank you for the answer.

But we need to create awareness about it.People are shy to discuss such topics.In my school and college almost everyone talks about it and doing it.

Yes,we need to create awareness about it then because all youn unmarried people are doing it.And it has become a habit so quiting it is just like quiting smoking.

So how can we quite it now because its temptating to control.Ive managed to last about 2 weeks not doing it,so far.

Posted By: Ruhi Islam
Date Posted: 11 October 2008 at 12:49pm
Allow sw declares one must protect their chastity until they get married, masturbating is not protecting your chastity. And Allah sw knows best. If I wasn't so busy, I would have loved to expand on this...take care

-------------
Judge the deed, not the breed. Islam & Muslims are two different things, a Muslim should not necessarily be associated with Islam.

Date Posted: 29 October 2008 at 3:16pm
How can a man be chaste? Masturbation is not vaginal intercourse...

Posted By: Saladin
Date Posted: 30 October 2008 at 9:00am
Being chaste is being pure in spirit. Its not neccessarily a physical state. A chaste woman who's raped, remains chaste.

Masturbation is certainly haraam, considered to be a lesser form of zina. However as some scholars opine, if a person is in a situation that will lead to zina and had to chose between zina and masturbation, the lesser of the two evils may be chosen and Allah is Most Forgiving. Habitual masturbation is not excusable.

-------------
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 30 October 2008 at 5:27pm
Okay, I'm not a Muslim, but I have to comment on this because it's just plain illogical:
Quote This Aayat shows masturbation to be Haraam because of two reasons: Firstly, in this Aayat Allah Ta�la has given the command of chastity and, according to the principles of Fiqh, a command (an imperative) denotes Wujoob (incumbency, obligation).
Okay, but what does masturbation have to do with chastity?  Isn't that just begging the question, i.e. assuming the conclusion you are trying to prove?

Quote And if assuming, it was permissible, then Allah Ta�la would have mentioned it at this point because this was the place of explanation. The silence maintaned by Allah Ta�la with regard to it at a place which requires its explanation, denotes that masturbation is Haraam.
But again, doesn't this assume the conclusion?  Why does masturbation "require an explanation" in a passage discussing marriage and chastity?

If the mere silence of the Quran on a subject is sufficient to declare it haram, then the list of things that are haraam becomes endless.  I guess even using a computer would be haraam.

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:23am
Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 October 2008 at 6:33am
im unable to quit it.Is it really a sin?I read somewhere that it is in no case a sin but I still pray to Allah every night to help me direct on right path.

I last max 10 days but then loose control.

Date Posted: 31 October 2008 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Saladin Saladin wrote:

Masturbation would have nothing to do with chastity IF it could be done with a blank mind. Could it?
Confused I'm not sure I follow you.  It can be done without lusting after a particular person, if that's what you mean.  It can also be done while fantasizing about a perfectly legitimate relationship with a future wife -- or with a slave girl, which (remarkably!) I understand is permissible in Islam.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 October 2008 at 8:35pm
so...is it allowed or not?!

Date Posted: 02 November 2008 at 11:22pm
Nabil according to scholars it is not. But I' incline that masturbation was held as a cultural taboo than as a legitimate problem. Masturbation is antural phenomena even among babies. As adolescence children tend to explore their sex organs. again masturbation has nothing to do with chastity even on the pure metaphysical sense as Saladin explains. Again, how do we identify men being chaste has pure minds? Are you suddenly unchaste if you have a 'dirty mind?' Because men haven't been questione don their chastity I believe this issue is quite difficult to comment on. Because again unlike women we do not possess a hymen where according to some culture justify their "honor killings" if the hymen is not intact. But Nabil to answer your question whether masturbation is perimitted or not in Islam it is held to be impermissible.

People here know me for my seemingly unorthodox seemingly unislamic views but if you asked me as a professional I'd say masturbation is perfectly healthy and normal (depending on your age). I'd rather encourage you to masturbate then have reckless pre-martial sex and possibly contract an STD.

As a regular person I wouldn't care what you do. But before you do anything consult with God on these matters first, but do so if you honestly feel what you are doing is really a sin. Everyone here has an opinion but really you are the person dealing with the issue and if you are a good listener listen to your heart.

Date Posted: 01 December 2008 at 5:56am
so its fine ? cuz im doin it...

man,im still confused.

Posted By: tlduker
Date Posted: 07 December 2008 at 7:58pm
Nabil

Posted By: Talib_Asadullah
Date Posted: 18 January 2009 at 11:26am
Narrated An-Nu'man bin Bashir: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.  (Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=2&translator=1&start=0&number=49 - #2 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=2&translator=1&start=0&number=49#49 - #49 )

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: abosait
Date Posted: 18 January 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Nabil Nabil wrote:

...........So how can we quite it now because its temptating to control..............
The following is a CP of a Fatwa issued by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid.

As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:

1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah�s orders and fearing His punishment.

2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet�s hadeeth.

3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.

4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden).

Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet�s hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings):
"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ..... " 24.30-31
Allaah�s messenger said:
"Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look." Al-Tirmidhi 2777.
This is a general instruction by the Prophet to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).

5) Using one�s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbation is permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.

8) Strengthening one�s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet when he said
"Do not spend the night alone" Ahmad 6919.

9) Following the Prophet�s aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one�s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one�s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one�s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one�s sexual desire is strictly prohibited because it might permanently affect one�s sexual ability.

10) Trying to follow the Prophet�s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).

11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet explains in the following hadeeth:
"Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him, and no one has ever been given anything better than patience." Bukhari:1469. 12)
Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.

13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah�s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will. Wallahu a�lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct.

Date Posted: 19 January 2009 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain.
LOL

-------------

Posted By: moekalsoon
Date Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:18am
this is a great extract that i have found, i think there is alot of confusion on this topic presented by the more strict muslims, Rassullah(PBUH) ordered us to be moderate in all of our affairs,

It is reported that Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal regarded semen as an excretion of the body like other excreta and permitted its expulsion as blood letting is permitted. This view is also held by Ibn Hazm. (1) According to Hanbali jurists masturbation is permitted if one fears that not doing so would lead to fornication or adultery (2), this view is also held by some Hanafi jurists (3). Hanbali jurists also allow another condition of permission which is if a man does not have a means to marry. (4) However according to Ad al Rahman al Juzayri this view is weak and it should not be relied upon. (5)

According to Yusuf Al Qaradawi "We are inclined to accept the opinion of Imam Ahmad in a situation where there is sexual excitation and danger of committing the haram. For example, a young man has gone abroad to study or work, thereby encountering many temptations which he fears he will be unable to resist, may resort to this method of relieving sexual tension provided he does not do it excessively or make it into a habit."

the link to the full article is listed below just incase anyone wants to read it,

jazakumuallahu khayr.

http://www.angelfire.com/la/IslamicView/Mastur2.html

Date Posted: 19 March 2009 at 9:05am
[QUOTE=Ron Webb] It can be done without lusting after a particular person, if that's what you mean.

Really? Got any tips?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:51pm

Originally posted by moekalsoon moekalsoon wrote:

.............Rassullah(PBUH) ordered us to be moderate in all of our affairs,.............

Please provide proof such as name of the Sahih, narrator etc to prove itw authenticity. Above all the context in which it was said isalso necessary to fully understand a Hadith.

It is reported that Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal regarded semen as an excretion of the body like other excreta and permitted its expulsion as blood letting is permitted.

An excretion of the body like other excreta and blood letting does not necessitate in the person concerned taking a full bath before standing for prayers or entering a masjid. Whereas this is not the Ruling if Semen ejects out of the organ. How then could you equate the two?

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:51am
Salamz I am not the one equating both together. Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal is, and brother I don't think that u are wiser or know more than imam Ahmad bin hambal owner of one of the 4 schools of thought. Blood letting invalidates ones wudu and hence the person is required to do wudu again purifing himself for salah, so I would assume that there is a link between both

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:57am
And I am by no means telling everyone that this action is ok don't get me wrongg but for every argument there are 2 sides everyone has heard one side now let them here the other so that they can make their own decision based on the complete evidence, I personally don't encourage this action but in the end we are all sinning humans and the best of the sinners are the repenters and escpecially being a man which has lived his whole life in Australia I know how hard it is foryoung men to fight the temptations but according to both the hanbali and hanafi schools it is better to comMit a small sin and repent then commit a great sin such as zina

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 6:10pm

...........Blood letting invalidates ones wudu and hence the person is required to do wudu again purifing himself for salah, so I would assume that there is a link between both.........

On what authority do you
  • equate wudhu with Gusul?
  • Brand a great Imam as 'owner of a school of thought'?
No human is infallible. Only the Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam was specially protected from wrong doing by the Grace of Allah.

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 7:05pm
one requires either wudu or ghusl to do all acts of worship, however they 2 levels of purification, the latter is needed for greater impurities which are usually associated with the private parts of males and females whilst wudu is a another form of purification which allows a person to be in a state of purity for salah or inorder to read the quran. HENCE both are forms of purification. they both come under the umbrella of the forms of purification which include, wudu, ghusul and tayamum.

there are 4 schools of thought, the Maliki, Shafii, Hanafi and Hanbali,

imam Ahmad Bin Hanbal is seen as the initiator and greatest contributor to the hanbali school of thought., even though they were all students of one another their views varied and the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had fortold us this and he continued to say that their differences are all correct and because of this they are a Rahma (mercy) to muslims.

so under what authority do you have to claim that he is wrong if the prophet Pbuh said that neither are wrong, and He (pbuh) also taught us if we should come across 2 paths we should choose the easier path, aslong as this path is within the limits of the religion. and i doubt imam Ahmad bin Hanbal would teach anything that goes beyond the bounds of islam.

i have not branded anyone with any term, you yourself are doing the same thing that has caused us to hate the western media, you are jumping to conclusions forgetting the context and trying to vilify and incriminate me inorder to make seem like a person without understanding of this topic. just to let you know i have done countless hours of study on this topic asked different scholars on this topic and have searched long and hard to find all the information that one needs to come to an informed decision. if you can compete with that then by all means the world is wide and open, you can do what ever you want for i have no control over you however notice that Allah is the one that sees all and his eyes do not sleep and he knows what is in your heart. you have offended me infront of the world so that you can push a bias point of view and i am your muslim brother, all i can say is may Allah have mercy on you and forgive you.

salamz.

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 9:36am

one requires either wudu or ghusl to do all acts of worship, however they 2 levels of purification, the latter is needed for greater impurities which are usually associated with the private parts of males and females ................

Why only the latter?

Wudhu is also associatedwith private parts.

Please try to understand the difference brtween the two and you will come o know that  all excretions other than sexual discharges necesitate minor purification. That is why I said your contention was wrong.

..................Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) had fortold us this and he continued to say that their differences are all correct and because of this they are a Rahma (mercy) to muslims...................

please povide the reference such as hadith no, narrator etc. and the Sahih in which the above infomation is recorded if you are truthful in your claim.

As far as I know the prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam did not mention only 4 sects but more than that. .

There are many groups who claim that they represent Islaam. However, when their teachings are investigated one finds that they are far from the straight path which was so clearly defined for us by the Messenger (S).

This should not come to us as a surprise because the Messenger of Allaah (Saws) predicted that his Ummah would divide into many sects. He (Saws) said:

The Jews divided into seventy-one sects, and the Christians divided into seventy-two sects. My Ummah will divide into seventy-three different sects, all of which will be in the Fire except one: Those who are on the like of what I and my companions are on at this time. [at-Tirmidhi; hasan

.........and He (pbuh) also taught us if we should come across 2 paths we should choose the easier path, aslong as this path is within the limits of the religion..... .

Again no proof for your statement.

Surah An-Nisa 4:59.
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِي الأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلاً (4:59)
  • 4:59 (Y. Ali) O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

Allah said,

[فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِى شَىْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ]

((And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger).

Mujahid and several others among the Salaf said that the Ayah means, "(Refer) to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger.'' This is a command from Allah that whatever areas the people dispute about, whether major or minor areas of the religion, they are required to refer to the Qur'an and Sunnah for judgment concerning these disputes. In another Ayah, Allah said,

[وَمَا اخْتَلَفْتُمْ فِيهِ مِن شَىْءٍ فَحُكْمُهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ]

(And in whatsoever you differ, the decision thereof is with Allah).

Therefore, whatever the Book and Sunnah decide and testify to the truth of, then it, is the plain truth. What is beyond truth, save falsehood This is why Allah said, u

[إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ]

(if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day.)

meaning, refer the disputes and conflicts that arise between you to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger for judgment. Allah's statement,

[إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ]

(if you believe in Allah and in the Last Day. )

indicates that those who do not refer to the Book and Sunnah for judgment in their disputes, are not believers in Allah or the Last Day. Allah said,

[ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ]

(That is better)

meaning, referring to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger for judgment in various disputes is better,

.....i have done countless hours of study on this topic asked different scholars on this topic and have searched long and hard ....................

Surprising it is that the different scholars you consulted have not shown you the above Verses during the course of your search.

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 12:45am
Umar saw how the Prophet , whenever he was faced with a choice between two things, would always choose the easier of the two;

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 760: (sahih bukhari)
Narrated 'Aisha:

Whenever Allah's Apostle was given the choice of one of two matters, he would choose the easier of the two, as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful to do so, he would not approach it. Allah's Apostle never took revenge (over anybody) for his own sake but (he did) only when Allah's Legal Bindings were outraged in which case he would take revenge for Allah's Sake.

these are my proofs that you asked for.

i am not going to bother continuing this conversation with you as i have noticed that you are most likely of the extreme salafi sect. i still love you for the sake of allah but i know regardless of how much evidence i bring forward and regardless of how much i make things clear to you you will never accept my thoughts and opinions on this topic and will always find a way to conceal the truth. a big example is you degrading the 4 mathahib, some of the greatest scholars that ever existed into the ranks of sects, i dont follow no sect, i follow the orders of allah set out in the quran and i follow the sunnah of the prophet muhammad PBUH, i utilize and draw my knowledge of the hadith and shariah explained by the 4 mathahibs as a guide to how islam should be and how i as a muslim should act. the prophet PBUH said islam is moderate so be moderate in all you affairs, what you are doing brother is going beyond what the prophet pbuh has set out for man, you are going to extremes, to an extent where you have insulted the scholars of islam. you have pushed the bounds with your ideologies, a little wake up call brother, regardless of how much you study no matter how much you argue and no matter how much you try to conceal the truth, the truth is out there and you will never succeed and by Allahs will, he knows what your intentions are, you will never amount to the toe nail of one of these 4 great scholars whom you have disrespected and dishonored.

may allah have mercy on you and me and may allah forgive us all, if i have offended you brother i ask for your forgiveness in front of allah the all mighty.

salams

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:34am

.........., as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful to do so, he would not approach it. ..................

Now you have come out with the Hadith in full. If you have read the highlighted portion, which you conveniently eleminated in your earlier Post you would not recomend the sinful act of masterbation to save oneself from fornication.

..............and will always find a way to conceal the truth..................

Isnt it you that concealed the Truth in the above Hadith?

And in your own words,

.............. and no matter how much you try to conceal the truth, the truth is out there and you will never succeed and by Allahs will, ..........

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 11:53am

.........., as long as it was not sinful to do so, but if it was sinful to do so, he would not approach it. ..................

Now you have come out with the Hadith in full. If you have read the highlighted portion, which you conveniently eleminated in your earlier Post you would not recomend the sinful act of masterbation to save oneself from fornication.

And where does it say that it is sinful to do so?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

And where does it say that it is sinful to do so?

It has already been explained here on page #1. of this thread. Here is a copy:
Originally posted by abudawud abudawud wrote:

Sharing with all bros.. .........

Masturbation is Haraam (unlawful).

This is the ruling of the four Madhaahibs viz. Maliki, Shaf�e, Hanafee and
one riwaayah (narration) from Imaam Hanbalee. They have drawn their
conclusions from the following proofs:

PROOFS FROM THE QUR�N
* Allah Ta�la says:
'And those who guard their private parts from their wives and those
(slave-girls) which their right-hands own - so there is no blame upon them.
Then whoever seeks beyond that (which is lawful), they are the
transgressors.

The intended meaning of these Aayat is clear. Allah Ta�la has praised the
believers for guarding their private parts from that which He has made
forbidden for them. Allah has permitted them to approach their wives and
slave-girls. Thereafter, these words of Allah Ta�la follow: 'Whoever seeks
beyond that which is lawful are oppressors who overstep from Halaal
(permitted) towards Haraam (prohibited).

Hafiz ibn Katheer (RA) writes Imaam Shaaf�e (RA) and those who have agreed
with him have concluded that masturbation is Haraam from this Aayat.' He
says: 'Masturbation is excluded from these two types which Allah has made
Halaal, viz. wives and slave-girls.

* Similarly, these Fuqahaa (Jurists) have drawn their conclusion from the
following Aayat:
'And those who do not find the means to marry should remain chaste until
Allah gives them resources by His grace.'

This Aayat shows masturbation to be Haraam because of two reasons: Firstly,
in this Aayat Allah Ta�la has given the command of chastity and, according
to the principles of Fiqh, a command (an imperative) denotes Wujoob
(incumbency, obligation). Hence to remain chaste is Waajib (compulsory) and
wherever chastity is Waajib it becomes Waajib to refrain from that which is
contrary to it, for example, adultery, fornication, and sodomy. This is due
to the fact that obligatory chastity will not materialise except by complete
refrainment from all that which is contrary to chastity.
Secondly: in this Aayat, Allah Ta�la has made chastity obligatory on those
who are unable to execute the command of Nikah. Here Allah Ta�la has not
determined any connection or link between marriage and chastity. Hence, this
demands that masturbation should be Haraam. And if assuming, it was
permissible, then Allah Ta�la would have mentioned it at this point because
this was the place of explanation. The silence maintaned by Allah Ta�la with
regard to it at a place which requires its explanation, denotes that
masturbation is Haraam.

Imaam Qurtubi (RA) has written in the Tafseer of this Aayat: 'And when Allah
Ta�la has not determined any order between Nikah and chastity, then this
shows that besides these two, everything else is Haraam. However, this
Hurmat (unlawfulness) does not include slave-girls because another command
of the Qur�n makes them Mubaah (permissible), viz.
'That which the right-hands earn (i.e. slave-girls).' Hence, in this manner
an addition of slave-girl has come. Masturbation, however still remains
Haraam.
'Those who seek beyond this (i.e. wives and slave-girls) are transgressors.'
(Ma�rij 31)

Under the Tafseer of this Aayat, Qaadhi Thanaullah Paani Patti writes:
'Imaam Baghawi has deduced from this Aayat that masturbation is Haraam.'

PROOFS FROM AHAADITH
* Similarly, the Fuqahaa have drawn their conclusion from a Hadith reported
by Abdullah bin Mas�od (Radhiallaahu �nhu) in Bukhari and Muslim. He reports
that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) said, 'O group of youth!
Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low
and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it
compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.'
Nabi (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) directed the person who is incapable of
bearing the burden on Nikah towards Sawm (fasting). If assuming,
masturbation was permissible, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) would
have mentioned it at this point. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam)
however maintained silence. Hence, this indicates that masturbation is
Haraam because silence at the place of explanation gives the benefit of
restriction.

4. A perpetual drunkard.
vol. 5 p. 458)

SAYINGS OF OUR PIOUS PREDECESSORS WITH REGARD TO MASTURBATION
* Sa�ed bin Jubayr (Radhiallaahu �nhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu
�layhi Wasallam) said, 'Allah Ta�la will inflict a punishment on a group of
people because they played with their private parts.'
* Attaa (RA) says, 'Some people will be resurrected in such a condition that
their hands will be pregnant, I think they are those who masturbate.'

And Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:18pm

4. A perpetual drunkard.
vol. 5 p. 458)

according to the majority of ulammar these hadith are weak and thus can not be taken form. if it wasnt the case, and these hadith were sahih, then i doubt that great scholars like Al qradwai would not have known these hadith when they released their fatwa in the first post that i released. also i have concealed nothing, my words have not been included in any of the hadith as i know that the one who changes a hadith or quranic verse and claims that it is from allah and his messenger have a great punishment, so why would i put myself in such a situation, the words are there just as they are in the sahih bukhari books, so dont go around and claim that i am trying to conceal the truth. as allah is my witness i have not concealed anything that was in the soucre that i got the hadith from.

salams,

p.s brother i am not going to argue with you anymore, it is a waste of time and it is creating hate in my heart which i dont want, allah will judge between us on the day of judgement.

salams

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:48pm

It has already been explained here on page #1. of this thread.

Yes, I read that six months ago.  I asked at that time what masturbation has to do with chastity and got no answer.

In the normal sense of the word (at least in English), "chastity" refers to refraining from sexual relationships with others, not to actions of individuals alone and in private.  The quotations offered from the Quran seem to support that.  Moreover, the potential risks of unchaste behaviour (pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, social disorder) do not apply to masturbation.

It seems to me that masturbation is a healthy alternative to preserve chastity, especially for young men (maybe women too) who do not have a legitimate sexual partner.  Where in the Quran or in the Hadith is it said that masturbation is unchaste?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:35pm

.........................according to the majority of ulamma these hadith are weak and thus can not be taken form........................

Well, thats a serious issue. Could you name a few of those from among majority of ulamma who say so and on what grouds.

Anyway there is difference between weak and mowdoo'.

Posted By: kabulkhan
Date Posted: 09 April 2010 at 3:40pm
"6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain"
there is no medical proof of the claim from the molvi above! medically masturbation and having sex are exactly the same!

this mufti gave a fatwa, something that people will follow and included information that is not vaild, which voids the fatwa and sends the molvi back to madrissa to start learning again!

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:26am
Originally posted by kabulkhan kabulkhan wrote:

..............medically masturbation and having sex are exactly the same!.......... 
On the surface, masturbation would seem to be harmless. After all, it's just sex with yourself. But there is more to masturbation than meets the eye since masturbation is nearly always accompanied by lustful thoughts

The more advanced forms of sexual addiction, such as multiple affairs, sex with prostitutes, or other illegal activities, generally have their beginnings in masturbation.

Masturbation addiction is referred to as a "process" addiction, as opposed to a substance addiction like alcohol, or drugs.

In a process addiction, the euphoric feeling, or high, comes from chemicals released into the brain, rather than from an external source. As the mind becomes accustomed to the release of these chemicals, it searches out for continued sources of that high.

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:06am
Pleasae help me on how to control my addiction. I just want to STOP. The moment I give in, I regret deeply but I cannot maintain that strong mechanism for a long time. At work, everyone says its NORMAL but I know its not. Allah help me!

Posted By: haris30432
Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:00am
Peace!

[4:31] If you refrain from committing the gross sins that are prohibited for you, we will remit your sins, and admit you an honorable admittance.

42:37] They avoid gross sins and vice, and when angered they forgive.

[53:32] They avoid gross sins and transgressions, except for minor offenses. Your Lord's forgiveness is immense. He has been fully aware of you since He initiated you from the earth, and while you were embryos in your mothers' bellies. Therefore, do not exalt yourselves; He is fully aware of the righteous.

Adultery is a gross sin but mastrubation is not classified as a gross sin in the Quran.Therefore has to be a minor offense or simple sin.Surah 4 :31 says that GOD will forgive our sins if we refrain from gross sins.

So as i understand if mastrubation can prevent a person from committing a gross sin like adultery i dont see any harm in it.However,making it a regular practice is also not recommended.Finding a believeing partner and getting married is the best remedy :D!!!

-------------
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!

Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:49am

Pleasae help me on how to control my addiction. I just want to STOP. The moment I give in, I regret deeply but I cannot maintain that strong mechanism for a long time. At work, everyone says its NORMAL but I know its not. Allah help me!

Please scroll back and read my Post dated: 18 January 2009 - 6:58pm

Posted By: Gibbs
Date Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:42pm
Ok first off I'm not Muslim so you can either accept what I'm saying or don't. As far as masturbation is concerned it is NOT the same as having sexual intercourse with a woman. You are not inserting a penis into a vagina and you cannot conceive with your own self if you masturbate. Masturbation is nothing more than self sexual stimulation which some physicians say its quite healthy and normal.

I hear Christians say that when you lust in your heart or mind and masturbate it is the same as adultery. It is not. Ideas don't always turn into action. If a man has a sexual thought of someone else's wife that is the thought, it remains harmless until it is actually done.

The only problem I see with masturbation among Muslims is that it is considered bizarre behavior among the people since it is assumed marriage with the opposite sex is supposed to fulfill those sexual desires. But its bad advice telling someone saying its the same as having intercourse.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 1:53am

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

For now start fasting with minimal meals... volunteer all your extra time, have a heavy gym work out plan and report back in three months!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:30am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

It has been 22  months since the start of this thread you did not work on finding a woman to settle down! Why not? you are working you have no excuse if system is demanding the normal sexual outlet!

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

-------------

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 3:23pm
A sacrament? Huh - interesting.

Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

A sacrament? Huh - interesting.

Well, whatever is the opposite of a sin, at any rate.  Pure pleasure, a gift from God with no strings attached, and a providential alternative to Nabil's endless frustration, as well as to promiscuity and the desperate loveless relationships (married or not) that Sign*Reader seems to be encouraging.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 5:25pm
Thumbs%20UpLOL

Posted By: nu001
Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 9:41pm

This is spectacularly bad advice (even from you, Sign*Reader).  Urging a young man to rush into marriage regardless of whether he is emotionally or financially ready for such a commitment, instead of waiting to find a truly compatible match and building a stable and loving relationship beforehand, is about the worst suggestion I can think of.

Masturbation has absolutely nothing to do with chastity.  It is not mentioned in the Quran or the Hadith, and it harms no one, so I don't see why it should be a sin.  On the contrary, if it can save a young person from rushing into a loveless, ill-considered marriage, which can can do serious harm not just to the unfortunate couple but (even worse) to any children that might arise, then IMHO it should be regarded as a sacrament.

Thumbs%20Up

-------------
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"

Date Posted: 26 June 2010 at 11:13pm
with pray and help from Allah, I no longer feel compelled to do it and have officially stopped doing it.

U people can stop now.

Date Posted: 28 June 2010 at 12:59am
NabilClap

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:34am

Ron
I love your lashing out on my recommendation LOLwithout considering the extenuating circumstances!
My advice was based on domicile of the subject i.e., Iran, with mullah rule how he is going to fulfill "a stable and loving relationship beforehand"? If caught in that situation he would end up in hot water!
Did you think about that situation?
Islamic marriage is a contract not a love affair... you might like to know!
The high divorce rate in the west doesn't reflect guarantees on continuity of that feigned love based on the premarital carnal desire! Just look at lives of Clintons and Gores for example...Say it again, why did they marry?

And that sacrament part is a stretch...LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2010 at 8:22am
SignReader ya'll still talking about spanking the monkey?

Posted By: HouseDoctor
Date Posted: 11 October 2010 at 8:00am
An interesting discussion.

Posted By: Revolution777
Date Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:27pm
Mastrubation Is a Sin (Haram) if :

*It Hurts your Own Body. I think it does, like Reducing the Quality of Smen.
*It Weaken your Iman. And it Does, Masturbating Will makes you Desire women even more, You'd be wrong if you thought it Calm down your Desire...So i guess Forget about it.

i don't don't see why you need to masturbate Since One in a while God made us so we can have a wet dream (Istihlam) which would let us Have a virtual Sex activity and Also Freeing the Old Produced Smen.
Masturbating wasn't needed before Cause everyone Married at a young age (except slaves, Because of their misery they don't think much about that).

Posted By: John Mohammad
Date Posted: 30 December 2010 at 6:38pm
My personal take on the issue- and don't ask me to back it up with proofs  or any documentation, for I have none.

To put it in perspective, consider how the Jews regard masturbation: it is a sin because the act of sex is a) a gift from God, and b) meant for procreation. In their view, 'spilling one's seed on the ground' i.e., masturbation, does not fall under either of these categories, and is frowned upon as it is a waste of semen with regard to procreation.

Now, on the other hand, we already know under our laws masturbation is permitted- even recommended- under certain conditions, but is always subject to the ideal of self-control. If you are unmarried and have no outlet (or married and your wife- or husband, for that matter- is unwilling or incapable of performing) and you just can't stand it to the point of distraction, go ahead and get it out of your system and drive on. Just don't make it regular or habitual and thank Allah(swt) for the gift of release and ask for guidance in the future. The last thing you want during prayers is to have misdirected thoughts breaking your concentration, so the sooner you take care of the problem, the less chance you have of messing up during prayers or in other daily activities.

This ties into the role of the partner as well- each partner must understand the others' needs and be ready to satisfy those when asked. If your wife asks you for sex, by all means take care of her- the same applies to wives. If your husband comes to you, take care of him as well. Even if you're not particularly 'in the mood', your partner certainly is and it's a loving thing to take care of their needs like that. In the most happy circumstances, both will want it and both will be satisfied and all will be well.

Note, too, that this conditional allowance for masturbation is not meant to include looking at pornography on the internet or movies or magazines or whatnot- those are covered quite clearly under other rules of behavior. If you're that much in need, you shouldn't need those things to take care of yourself in short order- by creating the need or desire to look at pornography in order to masturbate, you have only proved you are not in that much need to begin with.

Date Posted: 09 February 2011 at 6:44am
Masturbation is bad because it hurts your body? Who came up with that dumb advice?

Posted By: pure_columbian
Date Posted: 10 February 2011 at 2:52am
Gibbs, i suppose it could hurt your body if you were driving at the same time or using some kind of power tool LOL

Date Posted: 10 February 2011 at 2:58am

...........So how can we quite it now because its temptating to control..............
6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Msturbation makes you blind???????? really????? Can't be true or most teenagers would be walking around with the aid of a white stick. Big%20smile

Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by pure_columbian pure_columbian wrote:

... Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Msturbation makes you blind???????? really????? Can't be true or most teenagers would be walking around with the aid of a white stick. [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />

Is a weak eyesight the same as blindness?

Date Posted: 03 March 2011 at 12:34am

... Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Msturbation makes you blind???????? really????? Can't be true or most teenagers would be walking around with the aid of a white stick. [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />

More a sign that one needs to slow down on the frequency of masturbation, lol

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:08am

So you believe in poor eyesight as one of the effects of masturbation!

Date Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:20pm

So you believe in poor eyesight as one of the effects of masturbation!

lol, poor eyesight is more a sign of something being wrong with the eyes than what one does with ones hands and the gentilia

Posted By: HalaHala2012
Date Posted: 15 April 2012 at 10:25pm

Ron
I love your lashing out on my recommendation LOLwithout considering the extenuating circumstances!
My advice was based on domicile of the subject i.e., Iran, with mullah rule how he is going to fulfill "a stable and loving relationship beforehand"? If caught in that situation he would end up in hot water!
Did you think about that situation?
Islamic marriage is a contract not a love affair... you might like to know!
The high divorce rate in the west doesn't reflect guarantees on continuity of that feigned love based on the premarital carnal desire! Just look at lives of Clintons and Gores for example...Say it again, why did they marry?

And that sacrament part is a stretch...LOL
I think mostly men are replying on this topic..I am a married woman,married for more than 10 years. Sexual relations with my husband have always been difficult. He does not  enjoy it,and now refuse's be intimate with me in that way. I am very healthy and fit,and I find the need for him frustrating to me because he refuse's me this part of our marriage.So,I have been encouraged by my sisters to 'take care of myself',so I won't  feel nervous about this part of our marriage that is non-existent. Divorce is not an option I wish to think about. Despite this problem in our marriage,we love each other. I am a good Muslim woman and although the thought has crossed my mind,I can not bring myself to seek out another man to fill this wanting in me for my husband.

Posted By: cookie
Date Posted: 25 April 2012 at 1:39am
Hello brothers and sisters,

I would also like your help on this topic. I am currently 16 years old and I am in a university in the United States (dont ask how i ended up in this position lol). I am very conflicted with this subject. I wish I could get married but I don't think that I am in a good position to do so right now (right in the middle of my studies and I am very young compared to everyone else). I feel very guilty when I do it. it is also in no way a habit. I do it very rarely when I have a hard time controlling myself. When I am in Saudi Arabia, my home country, the thought never even crosses my head and I feel very good. however, when I am in the United States and in college, sexual tension is everywhere. You cannot go an hour without sex being mentioned. I keep reading all the forums that mention how chronic masturbation is very bad and I agree. However, I am afraid that I might commit a larger sin if I do not masturbate,  especially in the United States. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, especially if someone has faced a situation similar to mine, where they are in a western society and too young to marry.

Thank you and may Allah be with you.

Posted By: Al-Raheem
Date Posted: 16 September 2012 at 5:42am
Originally posted by cookie cookie wrote:

Hello brothers and sisters,I would also like your help on this topic. I am currently 16 years old and I am in a university in the United States (dont ask how i ended up in this position lol). I am very conflicted with this subject. I wish I could get married but I don't think that I am in a good position to do so right now (right in the middle of my studies and I am very young compared to everyone else). I feel very guilty when I do it. it is also in no way a habit. I do it very rarely when I have a hard time controlling myself. When I am in Saudi Arabia, my home country, the thought never even crosses my head and I feel very good. however, when I am in the United States and in college, sexual tension is everywhere. You cannot go an hour without sex being mentioned. I keep reading all the forums that mention how chronic masturbation is very bad and I agree. However, I am afraid that I might commit a larger sin if I do not masturbate,� especially in the United States. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated, especially if someone has faced a situation similar to mine, where they are in a western society and too young to marry. Thank you and may Allah be with you.

To my Muslim brother cookie,

The only way to control the urge is to fast as mentioned in the Quran. For those who could not afford to get married the only solution to control your lust is to fast. The act of masturbation is due to lust and syaitaan is there to guide us to the wrong path. I have been sinfully masturbating for the past 18 years and just recently stopped totally because of a sermon I heard from an Ustaz regarding this issue. I pray to Allah to forgive me for the sins I have committed the last 18 years and I have repented ever since.

Posted By: mazher0
Date Posted: 28 July 2013 at 11:08am
HI,
Can my wife masturbates me with her hands? Is it Halaal?

Date Posted: 29 July 2013 at 5:06am
Yes.

Posted By: abbyh
Date Posted: 17 February 2014 at 2:20am
If any other brothers find it absolutely unavoidable due to circumstances in their lives please say so....I just cant stop doing it though. If I dont find that relief I am worried I'd go for the physical satisfaction with someone I shouldnt and thats the last thing I wanna do.
Without the web to help I'd be completely at a loss.

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 23 May 2014 at 2:35am
Assalamalecum,there is no direct verse related to this but brother u said that u will find someone for physical satisfaction, make sure that that someone shud b ur wife, because Allah in ch 23 v 6 says sex between husband and wife only is acceptable to Allah, Allah forbids adultery and fornication in ch 17 v 32 of Quran.

Posted By: Abdullah Saqib
Date Posted: 16 December 2014 at 11:34pm
Masha Allah very nicely written indeed. May Allah give you reward and Ajar for that. Ameen!

Posted By: sanjaychange
Date Posted: 01 June 2016 at 6:30pm

Thank you for the answer.

But we need to create awareness about it.People are shy to discuss such topics.In my school and college almost everyone talks about it and doing it.

Yes,we need to create awareness about it then because all youn unmarried people are doing it.And it has become a habit so quiting it is just like quiting smoking.

So how can we quite it now because its temptating to control.Ive managed to last about 2 weeks not doing it,so far.

as far I know it is only makrooh

-------------
You always have a choice to choose what is right.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net