IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Request for a new forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for a new forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 2:52am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Quote You might well try Mockba, but by inferring that the west is arrogant, aren't you being a touch arrogant yourself?

In this context, not at all. Though i would be interested to know whats your west. 

Mockba, what do you mean by "whats your west"? If you are asking where I am from, I don't think that matters too much. At least it doesn't to me. I like to be universal in outlook. So in order to avoid the dangers of getting too geographically fragmented, I'd rather not say at this point....But I'll give you a clue...It's not Antarctica. :)

Edited by Colin
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:15am

[moderator edited]

Surely not Mr Suleyman sir... Although I suppose I could be cited for breaching guidelines by not responding in a particularly Islamic way...Even though the guidelines could be seen as a little unfair on non-Muslim members of this forum. Still I'm sure it is possible to be contentious and at the same time polite... If however contention is a breach of the rules, I can't see the point of having a discussion forum....Perhaps we could have an "agreement forum" instead...

Edited by rami
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:40am

Bismillah

Colin, i completely agree with you on the needless mention of the geographical position data. What i tried to ask is what do you mean when you mention the word west, or what is west in your perception... hence, "what's your west"?

It would be premature to lay ground for disagreements, before ensuring that we are on the same case.

Secondly, "you-are-either-with-us school of thought" came from the west, i presume, and i still do  not find it very friendly... the war with Iraq started against the decision made by the UN, which eventually reduced them to United Nothings... not a sign of togetherness either...  Why do you think this could not be, at some instance, seen as characteristic of west's arrogance?

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Colin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:37am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Colin, i completely agree with you on the needless mention of the geographical position data.

That's good Mockba. :)

Quote What i tried to ask is what do you mean when you mention the word west, or what is west in your perception... hence, "what's your west"?

To me east and west, south and north are irrelevent. We are all humans with similar hopes and fears. Most people would dearly love to live peaceful, law abiding lives with the freedom to get on with their lives without others dictating what they should be thinking. I know that sounds simplistic and hopelessly idealistic, but in my opinion, that is how things should be. 

Quote It would be premature to lay ground for disagreements, before ensuring that we are on the same case.

Indeed it would.

Quote Secondly, "you-are-either-with-us school of thought" came from the west, i presume, and i still do  not find it very friendly... the war with Iraq started against the decision made by the UN, which eventually reduced them to United Nothings... not a sign of togetherness either...  

It came from Bush, he may think he speaks for everyone, but he doesn't.

Quote Why do you think this could not be, at some instance, seen as characteristic of west's arrogance?

I see it as a characteristic of Bush, and the Bush administration's arrogance.

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:47am
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

And I have been all over the world and some hate Westerners and some do not. It all evens out.

That is half-truth and worse than a lie. Although everyone does not hate the Westerners, a very large number of people in the world hates them and their number is rapidly increasing. NO other group of people is hated as much as the Westerners. Very few Brazilians hate the Indians, very few Chinese hate the Muslims but a great proportion of all of them hate the WEst.

Actually, I have been all over the world and that is not what I hear. What I hear is that they hate the West's government but do like the people they have met.  I think people hate due to government and ASSUME that everyone else in the country is like that. Most people are doing what every other person in the world is doing which is just trying to live.

Ummmmm and the Pakistanis and Indians? They love eachother?

You hate over government and use it to justify a whole people.

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 5:15am

Bismillah

When you take pride in democratic pillars of the state of the western civilization you should be aware that the leader (or President Bush, in this case) of such state represents people's choice. Or perhaps the definition of democracy has also been recently edited. Please update, then.

MOCKBA
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 5:23am

MOCKBA,

Yeah that is not correct. The West has no control over their government. It is nice to think and even to tell everyone that you own your government but in reality, your government could care less what you think. Do you think your government listens to you?

President Bush asked Congress for $70 billion for his war effort and in the same breath took away severly needed health care for senior citizens. Do you really think the people had a choice in this? And also, Bush is out of favor in the USA. To many people dying and he found nothing and tried to blame others. He is a coward and I especially hope he rots in hell.

The government does what it wants and then attaches the names of all it's citizens. I am not saying that everyone is against the war but the majority are. It has gone on to long and people are disgusted. But to go to Congress and tell them you want it stopped, well, did it work for Vietnam? No. They were just arrested and threatened.

Go to your government and tell them you no long want to pay taxes and throw a fit and see what happenes. Verbal abuse, jail and fines. Why? The could care less what you think.

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 6:02am

And who needs to be liberated?

MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic