IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God and Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God and Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 6:41am

5. Understanding Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. As The Messenger Of Allah s.w.t.

Muslims need to know the lineage of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. whether from his father�s side or from his mother�s side. The lineage from his father�s side is: Muhammad Rasulullah s.a.w. Bin Abdullah Bin Abdul Mutallib Bin Hashim Bin Abdul Manaf Bin Qushay Bin Kilab Bin Murrah Bin Ka�ab Bin Luay Bin Ghalib Bin Fihir Bin Malik Bin Nadhar Bin Kinanah Bin Khuzaimah Bin Mudrikah Bin Ilyas Bin Mudhar Bin Nizar Bin Ma�ad Bin Adnan who lived in the era of Prophet Moses a.s. After Adnan until Prophet Adam a.s., there are no authentic sources that can be taken for verification.

The lineage from his mother�s side is: Aminah Binti Wahab Binti Abdul Manaf Binti Zuhrah Binti Kilab and so on. The lineage of Aminah further on met at Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.�s lineage on his father�s side, that is at his great grandfather named Kilab.

All Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.�s lineage until Prophet Adam a.s. was from good people who uphold �At-Tauhid� and none of them were unbelievers. Their marriages were also based on the teachings of �At-Tauhid�. Allah s.w.t. said in the Holy Quran which means:

�And thy movements among those who prostrate themselves.�

[Chapter Ash-Shu�ara: Verse 219]

Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. has a well named �Al-Kauthar� which is prepared for man and genies to drink when they enter Paradise. The nature of the water is clearer than water, the odor is more fragrant than musk and the taste is sweeter than honey. Anyone who drinks from �Al-Kauthar� well will never feel thirsty forever.

Indeed, Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. will give his �Shafa�at� (Intercession) to all mankind in the Hereafter so that they may be judged speedily to separate those who are to enter Paradise or Hell. Rasulullah s.a.w.�s Intercession is called �Shafa�atul �Uzma� which means the Great Intercession. This Intercession of Rasulullah s.a.w. is for the whole of mankind and genies who are believers and non-believers, including all the Prophets and Messengers since Prophet Adam a.s. and also all the Angels.

From Anas Bin Malik who reported that indeed Rasulullah s.a.w. has said which means:

�When Allah s.w.t. gathered the whole of mankind and genies in the Hereafter at a place called �Mahshar�, they felt afraid of the flames of Hell until they cuddle close together between them. Fortunately, they are still shielded by the Hell�s keeper named Malik (the angel).�

[Hadith]

The best time is during the time of Rasulullah s.a.w., then the time after that and then the time after that. Like what Rasulullah s.a.w. has said which means:

�The best of my �ummah� is the one that lived near my generation, then the generation that followed after that, and then the generation that followed after that then.�

[Hadith]

Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. had 7 children altogether and they were:

1. Sayyid Qasim r.a.

He is the eldest child of the Prophet s.a.w., until the Prophet s.a.w. was nicknamed Abul Qasim. Sayyid Qasim r.a. only lived for 17 days.

2. Sayyidah Zainab r.a.

3. Sayyidah Ruqayyah r.a.

4. Sayyidah Ummu Kulthum r.a.

5. Sayyidah Siti Fatimah r.a.

6. Sayyid Abdullah r.a.

He was nicknamed Tayyib and Tahir.

7. Sayyid Ibrahim r.a.

He only lived for 70 days.

All of the Prophet s.a.w.�s children were born to Sayyidatina Siti Khadijah r.a. except Sayyid Ibrahim r.a. who was born to Sayyidatina Mariyah Al-Qibti r.a.

Our Hope

After knowing �At-tauhid�, implementing and safeguarding it, we now know Rasulullah s.a.w. who is the dearest to us above all human beings. By reliving this faith, it should be suffice for us to form a base to move forward in starting a path of excellence to be the best �ummah� (nation) for mankind. The pre-requisite to be the best �ummah� of course is to carry on the work of the Messengers of Allah s.w.t., amongst them is �amar ma�ruf nahi mungkar� (enjoin good and forbid evil), which we will touch on in our next article �Risalah Tauhid�.

http://bukit-chandan.blogspot.com/2008_03_04_archive.html

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 7:03am
Wow, I though Muhammed had no sons save the one to Mariyah.  I didn't know he had so many children.  That's cool to learn.  
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 10:45am

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

According to the given, agreed upon definition in Islam of "infallible", there is no evidence to suggest that the prophet (saw) was anything to the contrary.

The evidence is that Muhammad was human, and every human that I know of is fallible.  What is the evidence that he was not?  Aside from Sura 53:3 ("nor does he say aught of his own desire"), which as far as I can see refers only to the revelation of the Quran.

Quote Since judgement is only as good as the experiences by the judgee, I would say that your judgement would not have any degree of confidence. In other words, having books on brain surgery would not allow one to be a brain surgeon or offer any expertise on the topic, nor would any human person trust such person with their own brain.

If I cannot trust my own judgement, how can I decide whether the Quran is the legitimate word of God?  How can I trust anything at all?

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

The infallibility is being discussed. All prophets are infallible. If they are prone to make mistakes then they cannot be relied upon to receive and pass the message corretly. Otherwise also, they are usually the leaders. If the leaders are not well guided then they could set up a bad eample and mislead people. Also people will be in doubt about whatever the prophets may have done. That could nullify the teachings of the prophets.

I had previously explained the three stages of the human soul or self development. There is a

1. lowest soul (Nafse Ammara), which incites mankind to evil and commands evil deeds. It is like an animal soul which has no sense of right or wrong or repentence.

2. The nafse Lawwamah. (The self accusing soul). It is the soul which thinks, contemplates, evaluates and considers the good and bad deeds. Also it wants to do good deeds . But sometime fails in achieving the objective. It later laments on its shortcomings and tries to improve upon its deeds in future. Such a soul is forgiven leads to salvation.

3. The satisfied soul (Nafse Mutmainnah). This soul is at peace all the time. Is a satisfied soul which is fully guided and on the right lines. it doe snot suffer from shortcomings or bad deeds. It does not have to thinkabout anything. It is automatic for such person to do the right thing.

Such a soul is that of the prophet s.a.w.s. and all other prophets and saints, friends of Allah (Aulia Allah). There is a certificate for such a soul to return her Lord (Allah) such that she is happy with Him and He is happy with her. (more to follow)

Would it be safe to say that a Prophet can have a nafse Lawwamah and end with a Nafse Mutmainnah.

The soul is a progression.  Its not a static thing... we can move from state to another state.

Redemption is a major theme of many of the greatest stories in our combined religions.  Many of the prophets express periods of doubt to be raised up stronger.

To me, I feel the need to stress that Prophets are people and no one is perfect and infallible.

I could not complete my last posts. The prophet is infallible as follows:  He is like other human beings and may make a mistake, of course may not be any grave mistake but still something wrong. He is admonished about it and those words of admonishment are not kept secret. They are made public and mentioned in the Quran, thereby the prophet retraces his steps and corrects anything that may be wrong.

We as human beings are not revealed anything about our deeds. So the bad deeds remains with us in our account. But the bad deed is not left in the account of the prophet. It is openly corrected so that all know about it and his balance of any bad deeds is cancelled.

Why does he make a mistake? It is Allah only who is free from all mistakes, bad things. We say Subhaan Allah. Allah is free from any blemish. Human beings are not. Allah permits the prophets to make small mistakes and that proves that they are not God almighty. They are human.

But there is no mistake in conveying the message received from Allah. Otherwise also the mistakes are far and few and of the unimportant nature, not related to any religious matter.

myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 4:30pm

Dear Martha and Ron,

For now I would like to continue and complete the logical discussion to prove the necessity of prophets� infallibility before discussing other parts of your questions.

Ron: if the Prophet can make mistakes then we cannot be certain of anything. But on the other hand, how can you be certain that the Prophet is infallible?

It is obvious when we are talking about the prophet it means we are already certain of Allah who exists, has created us and has the will to guide us. For this purpose He sent prophets. If the prophet be fallible, according to you we cannot be certain of anything even if we are honestly and faithfully following him. Therefore, we can conclude that Allah�s will for guiding directly results in misleading. It means that Allah�s will generates what Allah does not will!! An apparent contradiction.

According to this logic I am certain that the prophet is infallible.

Edited by myahya
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

Ron: if the Prophet can make mistakes then we cannot be certain of anything. But on the other hand, how can you be certain that the Prophet is infallible?

It is obvious when we are talking about the prophet it means we are already certain of Allah who exists, has created us and has the will to guide us. For this purpose He sent prophets. If the prophet be fallible, according to you we cannot be certain of anything even if we are honestly and faithfully following him. Therefore, we can conclude that Allah�s will for guiding directly results in misleading. It means that Allah�s will generates what Allah does not will!! An apparent contradiction.

According to this logic I am certain that the prophet is infallible.

You're quoting me out of context.  I was agreeing with you that if the prophet is fallible we cannot in general be certain of anything that he says or does.  However, Allah did guarantee that the Quran would be transmitted without error.  Therefore it is quite plausible to believe that Muhammad recited the Quran in particular perfectly, as dictated by Allah; and if he did happen to make a mistake (as he allegedly did at least once) Allah can (and allegedly did) correct him.  Therefore we could trust the accuracy of the Quran without being certain about anything else the Prophet might have said or did.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

You're quoting me out of context.  I was agreeing with you that if the prophet is fallible we cannot in general be certain of anything that he says or does.  However, Allah did guarantee that the Quran would be transmitted without error.  Therefore it is quite plausible to believe that Muhammad recited the Quran in particular perfectly, as dictated by Allah; and if he did happen to make a mistake (as he allegedly did at least once) Allah can (and allegedly did) correct him.  Therefore we could trust the accuracy of the Quran without being certain about anything else the Prophet might have said or did.

One of my Church's prophets once said that if he tried to lead the Church astray he would be struck down by God.

One has to have confidence in the Almighty that he's not going to let the Prophet place into scripture the wrong information.

However, another of our Prophets once said that there are times that he speaks as a prophet and times he speaks as a man.  He would inform them first if he was speaking as a Prophet and not to take everything he said as scripture. 

I believe this is why Muhammed (pbuh) was adamant that the Hadiths not be written down.  He did not want them mixed with the Pure Revelation of the Quran.
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 4:07pm

Angela: I believe this is why Muhammed (pbuh) was adamant that the Hadiths not be written down.

Haven�t you quoted it (Muhammed (pbuh) was adamant that�) from a Hadith?!!

Ron: Therefore we could trust the accuracy of the Quran without being certain about anything else the Prophet might have said or did.

First of all I believe whatever prophet may say or do is not in contrast to Quran. However, I presented a proof (rationally) standing on itself without using Quran. Secondly, if you agree we can certainly trust the accuracy of Quran, let me give you some verses of Quran commanding us to follow the prophet generally:

1. Quran [3:31]: Say, if you love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
  2. Quran [4:59]: "O you who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If you differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if you do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.
  3. Quran [59:7]: "Whatever the Messenger gives, take it, and whatever he forbids abstain from it."

Would you please show me a verse in Quran which asks us to not rely on what Prophet says unless it is word by word identical to the text of Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728>
  Share Topic