IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Female Circumcision  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Female Circumcision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 12:58am
Hayfa, Israfil, Martha, et al.  Nur has made up her mind, no amount of REAL scientfic evidence is going to pull her out of the Barbary of this act.  I pray for her daughter and pity her.  I know that if this thing had been done to me, I would not have the wonderful life with my husband.

This thing was not done to me and I was nearly 21 before I failed in my attempt to wait till marriage.  It was not excessive libido or having my body intact, it was my loss of faith and the lack of importance place on it by my parents.  If I had still been strong in my faith, I would not have made that mistake.  No butchery would have stopped it.  Had I grown up in my current Church, I would have probably been married.  I would have had a focus on chastity and modesty.  Instead I was floating from religion to religion....no guide.

Nur, you will have to answer to Allah on the Last Day.  You will have to explain to him why you chose to cut your daughter instead of teaching her the right path and trusting in her faith and her ability to make the right choices.  I hope you are certain this "weak" hadith is enough to save you.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:26am
Just on the side note: IF anybody else with more knowledge, can they perhaps help with my 2 previous post, please  
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:32am

Hi All.

I smiled when I read your replies. When I read about female genital mutilation that is common in African countries, I too squirmed with agony. However this is not. As my cousin who is a massage woman � giving massage to women after giving birth and had seen so many kinds of vagina, Muslims and non-Muslims,  � the difference is in just a shorter clitoris. Do not ask me how it looks like, cos I never saw one myself. If you think by having a shorter clitoris, we are retarded, or sex deprived, then you are totally wrong..

Do not worry friends. Personally, I find that this harmless practice is nothing at all. It does not affect our sexual drive. We still can experience our orgasms as like you girls. If birth rate can be used as a yard stick, Muslim women everywhere on earth as in my country too, love producing babies. If they do not enjoy sex, how can they produce babies?

Yes Angela, no matter what you say, you cannot change my mind as to this practice as it is had been our way of living. And for thinking that this harmless procedure is barbaric, it just shows the ignorance on your part. (sorry not meaning to be rude)

Angela, as to answering to Allah, the first questions that we are asked when we will be in our grave is MA RABBUKA? Who is your God? Not � Why did you cut off your clitoris and your daughter�s?

On the Day of Judgment, as long as we had practiced the five pillars of Islam, the 6 pillars of iman, and 2 pillars of ihsan,  InshaAllah, Allah will shower us with His Blessings. He is AlRahman and AlRaheem. Most Compassionate and Most Merciful.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Hi All.

I smiled when I read your replies. When I read about female genital mutilation that is common in African countries, I too squirmed with agony. However this is not.

You keep thinking that we are responding to FGM, we are not. We all know you are talking about female circumcision, and we all are responding to it NOT FGM. We know the difference, this is not the first time this subject has been brought up. 

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:37am

Hi everyone,

I think in Nur_Ilahi's case, it is a cultural thing.

Edited by martha
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:51am

Could be cultural. But we are only interested in the religious side of it. I do not believe in any mutiltion for the baby girls had been in practice at the time of the prophet s.a.w.s. It is a long time now (1400 years) and people do invent the traditions too.

So if we leave the circumcision, it is better because we had no news about such things in the life nd wife of the holy prophet. If it was something good, he would not have missed it. Thanks and continue what you are doing. Don't listen to any one, all of you. i.e. status quo. Cultural stand-off.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 9:07am

If birth rate can be used as a yard stick, Muslim women everywhere on earth as in my country too, love producing babies.

Really one has nothing to do with another.. you can stil lget pregant and not enjoy sex or have an orgasm. The two are not synonymous  whatsoever. Many a woman gets pregnant and not have an orgasm or enjoy sex. Women are raped and get pregnant.

And I stand by my assertion that if people are having trouble, they aren't going to say much. I doubt that people are quite as open as that.  I could be wrong... I'll have to visit Singapore to find out.

And if they did not appreciate the circumsicion they are not going against their family etc. Sorry. Does not happen in conservative cultures. Sorry. I've lived in Pakistan which is probably more conservative. And women just don't make waves. About many issues.

And again Nur, please answer,if men are the ones who cheat (and this is universally true in all cultures), the ones who sleep around, why no effort to control their libido?

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 9:15am

Hayfa,

What about women too? Women cheat as well.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic