IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is this offensive?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy is this offensive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Walid Walid wrote:

When they offend muslims in their homeland it is honest mistake. When muslim does honest mistake in west it is crime accessories

This is rubbish. I don't think trying to blow buildings up is an "honest mistake." You don't believe that, extremism is alive in our religion and people using ignorance to deface Islam, by promoting violent behavior? 

Tom123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 5:40pm
   What I find to be surprising and a bit sickening is that while this government arrested a woman and there was a big deal about whether naming a teddy bear Muhammad was a crime or not, they are at the same time committing genocide and war crimes in Darfur and the Sudanese governments' members have led a war in Southern Sudan where starvation, enslavement and mass murder were used as weapons to murder over 2 million people.

Isn't it a bit hypocritical of the mass murderers in Khartoum to be debating over whether a woman who called a teddy bear Muhammad is a criminal yet they themselves are responsible for some of the most horrific recent crimes against humanity? Shouldn't Muslims be also considering whether Khartoum's actions are not offensive to Islam's teachings?

Cristo Vive!
       - Tomasz
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 7:09pm

Originally posted by Tom123 Tom123 wrote:

What I find to be surprising and a bit sickening is that while this government arrested a woman and there was a big deal about whether naming a teddy bear Muhammad was a crime or not, they are at the same time committing genocide and war crimes in Darfur and the Sudanese governments' members have led a war in Southern Sudan where starvation, enslavement and mass murder were used as weapons to murder over 2 million people.

Isn't it a bit hypocritical of the mass murderers in Khartoum to be debating over whether a woman who called a teddy bear Muhammad is a criminal yet they themselves are responsible for some of the most horrific recent crimes against humanity? Shouldn't Muslims be also considering whether Khartoum's actions are not offensive to Islam's teachings?

Cristo Vive!
       - Tomasz

I 100% agree. A large portion of the Muslim and Non-Muslim world is hypotcritical. This is what I battle over Whisper about.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Cristo Vive!
       - Tomasz

I 100% agree.

can I join? Tom

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Tom123 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 7:13am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Cristo Vive!
       - Tomasz

I 100% agree.

can I join? Tom

Awww... thanks guys.

Edited by Tom123
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 12:54am

I would like to point out that it actually wasn't parents that complained and started all this... it was a secretary that got fired and decided to get back at the school.  She couldn't even convince parents to file the complaint, so she had to do it herself.

She almost got a woman public beaten (or if the mob had its way killed) to get revenge for being fired.

Sadly, once again, its not about the love of the Prophet, its not about protecting Islam, its about using other People's love of the Prophet and Islam to get what they want.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 2:35am

Originally posted by Chelle Chelle wrote:

There is a story in the news today about a British schoolteacher in Sudan who was arrested for letting her schoolchildren name their class teddy bear Muhammad.  .................... I don't want to offend anyone myself by asking about this, but I just don't understand.

Now as Angela has added some facts to the story and teacher has gone back where she belonged. What a white British teacher was doing in the god awful place like Sudan in the dark continent in the first.

Haven't these neo colonial masters got their fill of the trouble making?

Didn't you notice she was working at a Christian run school of colonial vintage. And such things aren't unheard off in these colonial era schools if you care to investigate the history of their missions.

What else could they  do to trivialize the personality of the Beloved Prophet in the minds of young children in seemingly harmless teddy bear naming exercise. As sister Haifa said  she wasn't too bright for being so ignorant of the consequences in case the mountain became of her molehill!

Are you a Muslim yourself?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2007 at 2:49am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

The teddy bear was named after a student not the prophet. As i said earlier many people have the name Muhammed, spelt in varies ways.

Student defends teacher jailed in Sudan

November 28, 2007 - 2:33PM

A 7-year-old Sudanese student today defended his British teacher accused of insulting Islam saying he had chosen to call a teddy bear Mohammad after his own name.

Angel: You have copy n pasted quite a few news clips

Don't you think 54 year teacher should have more brains than this 7 years old student?

And in place like Sudan she has put this poor 7 years old on the hot seat!

Do you know how much trouble he has bargained for a dumb teacher? He might get tarred and feathered by other kids in the neighborhood while the  teacher is safely back home?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic