IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No return to Salaams!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No return to Salaams! - Event Date: 10 April 2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2009 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

Walaikum Asslam.. sister Zahara..

Don't be upset.. in spite of all disappointing sides, there is still goodness and justice in this Ummah.
We're under the mercy.
I believe, we've to start the change from ourselves, our families, friends and then the society then the Ummah will change. By the days, Muslims will get to be used to our Salam greetings. We teach them.

Something else depressed me a lot, when I see that some Muslims always say Hi, Hello Bye, instead of our great Islamic greeting Assalmu Alikum. I know it can happen by a mistake but some sisters I used to teach English, kept saying Hi Hello... and so on. Some colleagues, I never heard them saying Salam or Asslamu Alikum. so!! If I'm studying a language, I don't see the idae of changing my greeting into this language greeting. This is our greeting in paradise. We've got to be proud of our Islamic greeting and not to replce it by anything.

You know dear... In my work, everyone is complaining because when someone is calling me and I know him/her, I answer the phone with "Salam Aleikum", and also, they told me that if you say "alhamdulillah" lot of times, you will keep the Shaytan away from you... so I am saying everytime LOL

By my side, I would not give importance to that fact of people trying to seem "cosmopolitan" and showing they know other languages. Just answer them the same way you are used to answer "aleikum salam" or just "salams" and it will be OK. Don't care about people who reject own culture and accept others one.

Salams Wink
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic