IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question about rape  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about rape

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali Zaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2005 at 11:45am

Peace to Jenni,

" there are many good Muslim men in the world. And non Muslim men may be worse"

Ahsan! Thank you for the correction. I knew (when I read your post) that you did not believe what you were saying (Just like most brothers who post ridiculous, anti-women statements are just reacting emotionally about their individual situation and generalize their feelings.) However, I only made the statement because I want to encourage the posting of true and rational statements. When a person says "All these people are like this" it is like a beautiful person (man or women) wearing a dirty or torn garment (i.e., it makes them look ugly even if they are not, in reality, unattractive).

"The man in Muslim coutries is allmost never convicted of rape"

Again, I would discourage you from generalizing. I am not familiar with the specific case to which you refer, however, I do know that only those people who have access to ALL the evidence and testimony from all parties and are qualified can (possibly) make a judgement on a specific case. I am not defending those who are accussed of this crime (or acusing the alleged victim), I am saying that we cannot possibly come to any definate conclusions on this case based on a news reporters opinion.  

In general, Rape is not reported as often in Muslim countries. Whether that is because less rapes occur or because they are not reported I don't know. However, what I can tell you is that the crime of Rape is dealt with much more severly in Muslim society when it is proven to have occured. In my experience, if a rapist is known as such, he will often never make it (alive) to the courthouse. I am not defending vigilantism, however, this is the reality.

Peace

"The structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad."

Imam Ali (a.s.)
simojt_marjun View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simojt_marjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:26am
Hi I'm new here it so sound it was a rape and why you don't report to the police port the abuse. By the way thank to share your story if you have more source to have more advice about I was rape try this free ebook. You can share your story too.

thankgodforebooks.com/raped.html
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 12:32pm
Hi,

There is a medical way to prove a raping, because of the damages inside the woman, so by that side, I don't think there would be any problem. I am not going to give any details, but just think that the situation when you are having sexual relations with someone in forced way is opposite to the one where you want to do, and your body is not answering to the situation in the same way. There are lot of proofs in a raped women.

The main problem is to take the decision of going to the hospital (the first thing that they should do). You just were raped... and you have to think quickly... It's difficult, and it should be a really strong woman to face this terrible situation.

In Spain, for instance, we have an anonymous center, Family Planning Centers, where the people can go for sexual advice, as well as for help in this situation. It's really a grat resource, because you can ask them about any doubt you may have, and this is very important, especially when you are too young or having no knowledge of this matter.

This centers are also taking care of the abused women or children, so they can go there for help.

I think that in the Muslim culture, there is a problem because you are not sharing (normally) your experiences or your intimate problems. It's like too personal to share, and sure some of the things should be kept, but also it's good to hear from close people their experiences, as well as to tell them yours. It's good to learn from other people experiences.

Regards

No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 7:40pm
Pati,

Good advice, along with that, other cultures, not just Islamic, less so then here, but still occurs here, blaming the woman for the rape.. 

I also don't think other cultures are set up with specific guidelines. And having read alot, the police are quite corrupt and many people fear  the police. More so then here.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 1:17pm
Hi Hayfa,

I know that it's only Islamic culture which has this tradition of hiding the personal things, it's only that most of you are muslims.

Really, the reaction of the raped woman environment is the most important to help her. If she feels that they will make her guilty, she will keep the secret, so that will never stops. It's very important to be opened in this way with the girls since they are children.

In my high school, a girl (with 15 years old) was raped by 5 boys (all of them under 18 years old). She went to the hospital, to the police, they went to the court... and of course the justice condened them, but not the society. The conclusion that most of the people got from the situation was that she was guilty, because her robe was too much short, her shirt was opened, she was wearing make up and she was talking with them... it was crazy!!! Finally, she moved to another town and restarted her life (now, she is 31 years old, a nice husband and three children).

It's important to show our children that this situation should be answered with patiance, support and over everything, not blaming the victim.

Regards
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2009 at 4:18am
Sometimes a little self-defense training goes along way..

I know a woman who took a really good self-defense class. It is 5 sessions of 5 hours each. And its practical based www.dcimpact.org.

In the middle of the course, she  was with her toddler, and a baby and was attacked by three men. She managed to knock them all out!

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 3:42pm
It saddens me that Muslim women fall for this lie of needing FOUR witnesses to prove rape. What happens to Muslims is common sense is left behind because Muslims believe a LIE  and the defence of this "truth" (needing FOUR witnesses) is deplorable and is directly to blame for the injustices perpetrated on victims of rapes.  

A woman alone in her own home can be raped by a burglar but without the witnesses where is her proof? Does that mean she was not raped? No, it simply means Islam or Sharia Law will not accept her word for it so she does not speak out of fear. The is no or little justice for women under Sharia Law. Secular law will give woman more justice, you dont need 4 witnesses and your testimony is EQUAL to that of a man. A woman doent need an outside witness to her ordeal, her bodily will have physical evidence of it. Rape is not a tender joining of bodies but a violent one.

Question for the ladies here: If you were raped would you rather your rapist be judged under Sharia Law or Western Secular Law?
Mystical View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 4:09pm
"there are many good Muslim men in the world. And non Muslim men may be worse"

Muslim bias. All men (includes women) are equal, one is not more worthy because they hold to a certain set of beliefs over another. Again common sense. We are all on differing points in our journey towards God and only God knows one heart and intent towards Him and our fellowman that is why He is Judge and not men. Telling Muslims they are the "best of men" is another LIE, we are all equally in need of salvation and have equal struggles towards attaining this. Believing in Mohammad's version of what is godly does not make you a better person than I who believes in Jesus as the purest example of a man.

Although the Law demanded stoning as punishment for the woman caught in adultery Jesus did not demand that this be carried out instead he said to her accusers " Let you who is without sin throw the first stone".  I am wondering what would Mohammad have done in this situation?

Keep in mind Jesus was a Jew not a Muslim. Yes, he submitted fully to God but He and all those who lived before Mohammad was not a Muslim in the sense of what is a Muslim today. Muslims today are also compelled to claim Mohammad as the Seal of the Prophets.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic