IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 1o1 Biblical Contradictions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1o1 Biblical Contradictions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:50am
@ David

I refer to your post of 20 December 2010 at 3:12pm.

Thanks for letting me know that you are not a scholar of Arabic.

There are no mistakes in Qur'aan. Mistakes are present only in the minds of the polemicists.

I will discuss briefly three of your errors. LOL

Here, I would like to point out that the languages developed, evolved and came first and grammar was developed later. LOL

Qur'aan uses two sets of plurals, according to the usage, which I wil not be able to explain here on a forum board. That would need real language course.

In the mean time please look at the two sets of verses and see how the plurals are used, according to the use and the situation.

33:35
Quote إِنَّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمَاتِ وَالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْقَانِتِينَ وَالْقَانِتَاتِ وَالصَّادِقِينَ وَالصَّادِقَاتِ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَالصَّابِرَاتِ وَالْخَاشِعِينَ وَالْخَاشِعَاتِ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقَاتِ وَالصَّائِمِينَ وَالصَّائِمَاتِ وَالْحَافِظِينَ فُرُوجَهُمْ وَالْحَافِظَاتِ وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا 

24:26
Quote الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ أُولَئِكَ مُبَرَّءُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَهُمْ مَغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ

Quote خَبِيثُونَ  and خَبِيثِينَ
are the two same plurals Khabeesoon and Khabeeseen.

You will find both plurals used in 24:26, so pleae look at the translations to check out and compare.

That is the grandeur or Qur'aan's Arabic, it's prose and poetry, which cannot be found in any other language.

Regarding your third error, Haazani is used with La-sahiraani, which means These two magicians or Both of these magicians. If there were more, it would have been Sahireen or Sahiroon.

Look up for Wallazani in 4:16
Quote وَاللَّذَانِ

If it were just TWO MEN, it would have been Rajulain, from Rajl. Sahir becomes Sahiraan for two magicians.

For example Bahr is sea. So, two seas will be bahrain. They cannot be called Bahraani.

Hope this helped. I will write on other so-called 'errors' some other time.

Salaams
BMZ

Edited by BMZ - 21 December 2010 at 5:56am
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:44am
Assalamu alaika David 4848.

One of the most versed commentators of the
Bible Rev. Mathew Henry drew the attention of mankind and said, "That man was made last of all creations, that it might not be suspected that he had been, any way, a helper to God (Allah) in the creation of the world: that question must be for ever humbling and mortifying to him. Where wast thou, or any of thy kind, when I (Allah) laid the foundations of the earth?" Therefore Mr. David, if you are not ready to humble your self before the Allah of Abraham, Ishmail, Issac, Jacob and the very Allah who delivered the Children of Israil from the claws of Pharaoh, then you better stop deceiving us by calling your self a Christian. We know what they were and that the true ones never opposed Muhammad. Please who can disprove that the Syrians, Arabs etc have no Jewish blood.
I am not interested in spreading hatred and terrorism. Muhammad is not like Amelikites, Hittities, Canaanites to the Children of Israil. If you disbelieve in history, then you better tell us your origin.

Edited by Friendship - 21 December 2010 at 8:48am
Experiential View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:09pm
Hi BMZ
as mentioned Im away for a few weeks but will reply when I can
Good Luck
David
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Please who can disprove that the Syrians, Arabs etc have no Jewish blood.
I am not interested in spreading hatred and terrorism. Muhammad is not like Amelikites, Hittities, Canaanites to the Children of Israil. If you disbelieve in history, then you better tell us your origin.

Salaams, Friendship

There is no such thing as pure Jewish blood.

The Jews only gained from intermarriage over the generations.

All the stock in that region has the same blood.

Thanks for the point.
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:19am
Hello BMZ

YOUR RESPONSE
I have already clarified that the Banu Qurayza story is a hoax. So, I will just leave it there. Two other Banus, Banu Qainuqa and Banu Nadir, who had fought the Muslims, were allowed to go earlier.
There was no reason to finish the third. Their leaders were killed.

MY REPLY
Im still not convinced it is a hoax. Even if some details might be disputable I believe these battles are too significant and too well documented in history to be a complete hoax. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Beside the original point was The People of the Book did not readily accept Mohammad�s message.

YOUR RESPONSE
"Shasta's Aunt" is my signature, not a reply. I am only interested in true revelations, not stories and statements made by men claiming they were inspired by God Almighty. Did God inspire the person to write genesis 38? So, I would not consider Genesis 38 as an inspiration or a work inspired by God.

MY REPLY
Can you tell me what your issue is with Genesis 38 please.

YOUR RESPONSE
Can the following passage be called an inspiration by or from God?
Gal 4:22-31 (NIV) For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. His son by the slave woman was born in the ordinary way; but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a promise. These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. For it is written: "Be glad, O barren woman, who bears no children; break forth and cry aloud, you who have no labor pains; because more are the children of the desolate woman than of her who has a husband." Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise. At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. But what does the Scripture say? "Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son." Therefore, brothers, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.
Under inspiration of God Almighty, the person would have only said, "Therefore, brothers, we are not children of devil but all of us are the children of Abraham."

MY REPLY
Are we getting into the Hagar, Sarah, Ishmael, Isaac debate now ? That�s a whole new post in itself.
Any way what makes you think Pauls writing was uninspired just because you don�t agree with it or don�t like it ?
He was talking about the descendents of Hagar being under a slave inheritance while the descendents of Isaac were the full inheritors of Gods blessing. He actually was recognizing that both Hagars descendents and Isaacs descendent are of Abraham. It was about slavery vs free not evil vs good.

Salaams
David
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 1:22am
Assalamu alaika
Friendship

Thankyou for your post dated 21 December

YOUR RESPONSE
One of the most versed commentators of the Bible Rev. Mathew Henry drew the attention of mankind and said, "That man was made last of all creations, that it might not be suspected that he had been, any way, a helper to God (Allah) in the creation of the world: that question must be for ever humbling and mortifying to him. Where wast thou, or any of thy kind, when I (Allah) laid the foundations of the earth?"
Therefore Mr. David, if you are not ready to humble your self before the Allah of Abraham, Ishmail, Issac, Jacob and the very Allah who delivered the Children of Israil from the claws of Pharaoh, then you better stop deceiving us by calling your self a Christian.

MY REPLY
Christian means �Christ One or Anointed One� that means I am a follower of Jesus, Joseph Ben David, the Anointed Messiah who was prophesied through the history of Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac, Jacob the Israelites.
Jesus is The Lion of Judah, Prince of Peace, The Christ One, The Anointed One, Emmanuel �God is with us� , The Chosen and Promised One, The Messiah. He is the complete fulfillment of the whole Tanakh (Old testament). Those who know him and call him Lord will fulfill the whole law and know peace.
That is what Christian means.
God Bless You Friendship
David

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Experiential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 1:57am
Hi Friendship
God Bless You

In regards to your post of 19 December.

YOUR REPLY:
There is that part of the holy Qur'an dealing entirely and specifically with the activities of Muhammad and his companions. Translation stops at that but one can expand where expansion is not contrary to the original meaning and intent of the context. I am sure you will not accept the translation that the grandchildren of the holy Apostle are superior to other Muslims regarding obedience to Allah and Muhammad.

MY RESPONSE
I think the Muslim world has a lot of difficulty in its reliance on Arabic and its translations of the Quaran which makes it inaccessible to the wider world and not the infallible word of God .
I don�t know about the grandchildren of the holy Apostle are superior to other Muslims regarding obedience to Allah and Muhammad. But it sounds like a Suni - Shiite thing ? Isn�t that why the two Muslim streams of Islam have split and are opposed to each other??

YOUR REPLY:
Secondly, you will never agree that Muhammad ruled on the basis of monarchy and dictatorship, nor used sword to compel the Levi tribes to follow the Torah.

MY RESPONSE
I can see he used diplomacy and the sword. As mentioned in other posts it is a historical fact he fought the People of the Book a number of times. They did not accept his message. Jesus was a man of peace.

YOUR REPLY:
Arabic language is unique in that it is the richest language in expression.

MY RESPONSE
Who says the Arabic language is the richest language. Just because an Arabian by the name of Mohammad said so? This is part of the problem with the racism behind Islam.
I am not scholar of the Arabic language but Arabic scholars have pointed out grammatical problems with the Quaran. It is not a literary miracle.

YOUR REPLY:
One has to be extremely patient in translating Arabic into other languages due its convolutions. One has to understand Arabic before he can grasp the full meaning of a sentence. Moreover one has to go back to history that is the moment of the incidents or events that took place when that verse was revealed. One has to again refer to the OT and NT to have a complete understanding. With Muhammad we know the details about 90%

MY RESPONSE
As I mentioned above I think the Muslim world has a lot of difficulty in its reliance on the Arabic language and its translations of the Quaran which makes it inaccessible to the wider world and not the infallible word of God .
Then please read the Injil with an open mind and become familiar with it.

YOUR REPLY:
For example, I am looking in the OT the years Saul ruled and his age when he died. In the OT Jonah was sent to 140000 people, in the Qur'an it was 100000 and above that. I am not saying that 140000 is not correct and I must stick to 100000.
I am not saying that Saul did not disobey Allah as given in the OT, but according to the Qur'an Saul disobeyed Allah as a lesson that even if prophets disobey Allah they will be punished by Him. The teaching of Muhammad is to speak good of people and not to to make them look mischief makers.

MY RESPONSE
I know contradictions exist in the Torah. That is because it is the God inspired writings of men. However it still carries the principles of Gods truth.
However why do you stick to 100000 ? Is this because your traditions demand you do? Why not believe the Torah version which was written centuries earlier than the Quaran so is closer to the source � and written by a Jew who understood his own history better than an Arab hundreds of years later ?
To speak good of people is honorable, but so is to seek the Truth.

YOUR REPLY:
Yes indeed. But this is only possible when one learns the Qur'an. For example if you use your brain and intellect and follow the argument of Allah in the Qur'an, you will see why Jesus the son of virgin Mary cannot be the son of Allah.

MY RESPONSE
Is it not possible to use your brain and intellect outside of the Quaran. Are you too scared to try? As I am learning more about the Quaran I am finding contradictions that no one can explain . I have also learnt the Quaran is 600 yrs later than the Injil so why would I believe something written 600 years later instead of eye witness accounts?
Also God did not have a son as a man and woman have a son. Son means inheritor. Jesus inherited Gods fullness.

YOUR REPLY:
This is the cardinal teaching of Islam. No priesthood is allowed. We are equal. The reference point is the Qur'an.

MY RESPONSE
I know you do not believe in a priesthood. Neither does the Injil. Christianity in its history has also struggled with mans interpretation of the scriptures but the Injil is clear that all believers are priests and Jesus The Messiah is the Great High priest. Because of that our reference point is not a book � of paper and ink, but a person who had the fullness of God within him.

Thank you Friendship
David
esthelita View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esthelita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by David4848 David4848 wrote:

As I am learning more about the Quaran I am finding contradictions that no one can explain.
Hi David,
Could you please list these apparent "contradictions" you say you have found?

Regards,
Esthelita
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic