IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - March May 1st For Immigrant Rights  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

March May 1st For Immigrant Rights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 10:27pm
First off the it was not initally a war....Land was taken from them systematically. yiou must see that historically it was not "fair and square"
ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2006 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by Apex Apex wrote:

First off the it was not initally a war....Land was taken from them systematically. yiou must see that historically it was not "fair and square"

Most things don't start off as war but in the end it was war and we won. People always brings it up like we are going to go back in time a few hundred years and change the way things were back then. Different people different times, nothing we can do now to change it so there is really not much use in going over it time and time again. Most Americans understand what happened to the Indians and slaves were bad but what does everyone expect us to do about it today? We gave them some land here and there and for the numbers that are left I guess it's big enough. They have more rights than most Americans yet I know we are still the big bad ugly Americans who care for no one but ourselves.

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Apex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 11:36am

First off ops your biased and somewhat "prejudice view" of "well we gave them some land" is the type of redneck attitude that has the world disliking us already. I am white and although I am proud of my families history as a product of American society I'm sadden and ashamed at the evolution of our country's history.

Our country ideally was founded on freedom of oppression and freedom of religion at the expense of other people. Those who were survivors of these tramatic events were given basically scraps and still, to this day struggle from the oppression and the systematic annihilation their parents (or forefathers).

But this is another issue which is taken away from the subject at hand here.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 7:52am

Its not about the Native Americas and its not about the African Slaves.  Its about thousands of people who do the right thing and enter legally getting crap for the millions who don't.  Why should my friend Jeanine have to wait 7 years to get her citizenship when she has jumped through all the hoops and gone through all the legal channels to come from Sweden, when some family can just strap their kids to their back, pay some Coyote to bring them here and set up residence.  Then just because the mother hurries up and has a child so they have a citizen in the family, expect not to be deported when they are caught here illegally.  The US is a nation of Immigrants.....but we have to have laws and regulations to control the flow.  I'm not just talking about economy....you  have to think about Crime, Disease and Urban conditions.  In Idaho, they are passing laws to fine companies that hire illegals.  Why because of what Apex said....the local hospitals are getting hit with huge bills that the people just disappear on.  You need a social security number to report to someone's credit and often a false one is given.  Which either A.) Ends up on someone else's credit or B.) Ends up unpaid and no where to turn.  Then you have the identity theft issue.  In order to buy a car, house, get a student loan, or work.  You need a social security number.  So, where do they get them....they buy identities and end up wrecking someone elses credit. 

If you came to this country legally, I have no problem.  Matter of Fact, they should INCREASE the number of immigrants who get citizenship each year and speed up the process for those that come legally.  All others should be sent home and made to reenter legally.  Sorry if this sounds harsh, but they broke the law.  They should be punished for it. 

Edited by Angela
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:09am

well the biggest issue I think is that people don't like it, if any group is too 'public'. Too visible. All these 'dark-skinned' people are not who the government wants. If these were white people from Europe no one would be having a problem with them coming.  People are just frightened that they are 'different' than we are.  Not that this is the case with all people. But for many it is.

They come here and do the dirty, and unpleasant work. As I get on the bus at 5am those are the people on the bus. Going to clean offices, homes, and do hard physical labor. Yes they are the group of people who are more likely to come because they can walk here.

You can push one way.. like oh yes, medical goes up, but then they keep food prices lower because they cost less to pay, and smalled businesses can afford costs. You take these people away and you'll pay another way. Your food prices will rise to pay people more wages who are citizens. This is why most economists don't agree with getting rid of them. They do drive a part of the ecomony.

We tend to blame the small person, the 'illegal' uneducated person. Frankly the extreme differences in wealth (corporations) is a greater issue then a few people coming to clean the toilets, be a nanny, or pick food of the vine in horrible conditions.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 11:23am

Assalamu Alaikum:

Illegal immigrants have some impact on medical costs, but even if all illegals went home tomorrow that would still leave millions of American Citizens without insurance who use emergency rooms as their primary care givers, and who cannot pay the bills. Fix the medical system...

Sister Hayfa is right, illegal workers keep other costs down. If companies have to raise their rates to hire Americans to do these same jobs, the companies aren't going to eat the profits, we will. The average Joe Schmoe. 

I am living in the Dallas, TX area with illegals all over the place and I don't see any plagues or crazed bands of Mexicans wreaking havoc and crime in the streets. More often the illegals are victims of crimes because they are afraid to report the crimes to police. It has become a regular industry down here, victimizing illegals, it's pretty much the perfect crime.

I was also an office Manager in the health field for three years here. We didn't have problems with the Latinos paying their bills. They usually paid with cash up front. It was usually the white people who stiffed us or wrote us bad checks. Or who would stand at the window for 30 minutes arguing that thye didn't have a co-pay and they were going to report us, when they knew better and were just trying to get over. In fact, the latinos were especially nice with me because I wore hijab and I think they thought I was a nun....

These people are just trying to survive like the rest of us. They work extremely hard, they spend the money they've earned paying rent and buying food and other goods, so they are paying sales taxes and putting money back into the economy.

There has to be a better soultion than to treat them all as felons. I mean, come on, you can commit murder in this country and get off, but now if you feed an illegal alien you'll go to prison....

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
USA1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 11:43am

It is unfare to bypass those who are in line to become citizens. Many have waited years to do this legally. Everyone should wait their turn with no exceptions.

Now would be a prime opportunity to expel all illegal immigrants. We have them all in a group (rally) now and it would be pretty easy picking to round them all up and send them home.

What will happen next year and the year after that? Why have citizenship at all? Just let everyone in right? If we allow illegals to become citizens today, we will have to continue in the future.

We should stick to our laws and stop the influx of illegals now and that means from EVERY country, not just Mexico.

They just don't get it!
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 6:34pm

USA1: When has this country ever been fair? It was only in 1965 that the Voting Rights Act making it a law that all African Americans had the right to vote.

If fairness were a factor, the Indians would be in control and we'd all be "guest workers".

Why not repeal citizenship to anyone who didn't apply legally through INS? Then we'd all be going somewhere else because our ancestors just showed up here and took over. That would be the fair thing to do. Then the indigenous Mexicans could just take back Texas and California and the rest of the land we took from them.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic