IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Repentance  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repentance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Astaghfirullahi rabbi minkulli zambin wa at'ubu alaihi.

Subhan allah wa bi hamdihi, subhan allahil azeem wa biham dihi astaghfirullah.

subhan allahi wa bihamdihi subhan allahil azeem astaghfirullahal azeem wa a'tubu ilaihi.

Insha allah if you have any other questions on this topic or any other, please feel free to ask.

As Salaam Alaikum, thank you for responding.  Can you please tell me exactly what the words above mean in English?  And can you also tell me what "dua" is?

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 5:01pm

Assalamulaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

Congratulations of accepting Islam as your way of guidance. Welcome to the folds, may allah bestow His mercy on you, and keep you enlightened on the straight path.

You should know that a revert to Islam is like a newborn, in the sense that all his deeds of past records are forgiven when he takes his oath (shahada).

As for a muslim, it is recommended by the prophet to seek forgiveness thru sincere repentance each day. It has been reported in hadith that our holy prophet (saw) used to make repentance 70 times each day ... this is when all his past and future sins, if any had been forgiven and he had been purified in this life by the grace and mercy of Allah subhan wa ta'ala.

You can make dua of repentance after each salah (prayer), as this would be very wise. You can also do this through remembreance of Allah at any time, and in any state.

Some dua of repentance which the prophet taught are:

Astaghfirullahi rabbi minkulli zambin wa at'ubu alaihi.

Subhan allah wa bi hamdihi, subhan allahil azeem wa biham dihi astaghfirullah.

subhan allahi wa bihamdihi subhan allahil azeem astaghfirullahal azeem wa a'tubu ilaihi.

Insha allah if you have any other questions on this topic or any other, please feel free to ask.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 1:54pm

I am a new convert and have not yet learned how to pray so I was wondering if anyody reliable and knowledgable could tell me if repentance before Allah of all sins is included in the required words to be said in each of them 5 daily prayers?

That might be confusing, if it is, just tell me and I'll try to re-phrase.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic