IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan
    Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:34am
Angel,
Well said,Clap
I don't think there is a lake around where he lives!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 08 June 2010 at 11:27pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Report back to us what you find.

You seem to have all the answers and the right views why should i report back then?? Dead

Look I am not disagreeing with you on some of the issues of honor killings but I do know that its not ALL islamic and it comes down to culture more so than religion. Whether its the societal norm or not it happens in christianity also and in India where both religions are not the beliefs systems there.
Putting aside what is and isn't the societal norms, do you agree that honor killings happen across different belief systems and cultures and places?
Or do you honestly believe that it is just an islamic thing?

There's no need to hate me for simply asking you to support your claims.

I'm not hating you.
I what i mentioned is a summary of my knowledge from many years. I gave you stuff, I referenced what i had also. if you not happy..... well......go jump in the lake! TongueEvil%20Smile

You have a cheek to ask me to support my claims when you yourself don't.

Edited by Angel - 08 June 2010 at 1:23am
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:16am

I concur but i'm not stepping down from my points thou.

Thou�est need not step down from �points�, one only needs to support them.

And you�re the King of supporting your points, right??
I brought my resources, if you�re not happy with them that is your issue to deal with not meBig%20smileEvil%20Smile

Perhaps it is the greatest threat or not but you cannot just brush over a billion of muslims with one brush.

My concern is with the sizeable community of islamists who have yet to claw their way beyond the mindset that will keep them enslaved to dogma laid down in an ancient text that has little relevance in the modern world. I am surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran. Why would I go to the manifesto of a 7th century Arab warlord for practical advice on living in the 21st Century?

In scanning the forum itself I see it's populated by a great by islamists who live in the West and have had no real exposure to islam except the version that�s throttled by secular Western governance.  There are times when I�m convinced that women in the West who defend such things as burqas and who have never been subjected to the real islam need a �selective service� system, of sorts. I�ll suggest that the ummah�s girls living in the West need to register for a term of enlistment that includes actually living in the islamist Middle East for a period of time. It would allow them to announce their rights to dress as they choose in such places as the KSA or Iran� as they�re dragged away by the �virtue police�, kicking and screaming, demanding their rights.

If that is you view I will not argue but where is your support/references  especially if you say you are "surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran."

I know there are a lot of australians living and working in the UAE and I'm quite sure there are plently of other people from elsewhere to. I wonder what attracts them to live and work in a predominate islamic state if its so bad. Unless the tax free shopping is that great!

The reason i say 'some parts' is because it varies across the area and its too time consuming to look and list but if you are interested perhaps you can do a search for yourself 

Actually, you�re the one making the claim of �so many� Australians living and working in the islamist Middle East. I was expecting that you would support your claim.

I never said 'so many' australians, I said 'a lot' of australians. Earlier when i mentioned 'so many' i meant from around the world from varies places go to UAE to work and live. Like I said if you are so interested you can do a search for yourself, check the varies countries statistics from consenus. Usually i would do some leg work but i'm all out of energy at the moment.  Sleepy

Since when does a religion promote another religion??

Actually if you do learn a bit more you will see that there was a time that Christianity and Islam lived peacefully side by side. The time when Spain was ruled under Isam, much was achieved together for the benefit of humanity.

Just incase you haven't realised or learnt, much of Indonesia is Islamic.

Religions rarely promote competing religions but it is only in the islamist world where competing religions are routinely banned.

Well is it not their choice to do so is it not?.

And the problem for you with it, is what? Do you want to go there and live do you? Tongue

I've always found it remarkable that islam is apparently the only faith that must use fear, intimidation and threats to keep it's adherents. The obvious question is: why do islamists need to use force and threats whils making islam the "state religion".

Sheesh!

Well Christianity uses fear, intimidation to, the threat of Hell.  

Actually, if you do a search, you will find that following the islamist colonization of Spain, the usual subjugation and second-class status of non-moslems was rigorously enforced. I�m concerned when islamists make false claims about islamist conquests and hope to portray the islamist conquerers as something other than conquering hordes. At no time in islamist history has the non-Muslims (kuffar) been the equal of Muslims. This is why there is a dhimmi (conquered subject subclass) status in Islam which defines the limited rights of non-equals. I�ll point out there is no analog to dhimmi status in either Christianity or Judaism. The allowances for dhimmis is subject to the subservient behavior of non-Muslims (e.g. as defined in the Pact of Umar). This was established because initially, the islamists wide conquest made Muslims the minority in the lands they ruled, and the business and wealth of these lands could only be maintained through the trained skills and knowledge of the local non-Muslim inhabitants. 1400 years of Muslim domination in the Middle East and the Maghreb (Northern Africa-Spain) have demonstrated that businesses, property, assets, even children could too frequently be confiscated at whim.

And where is your resources?? Shocked

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:18am

The fact is, spousal abuse in the West is a serious crime.

Really? If it were this would not be true.

"The precise incidence of domestic violence in America is difficult to determine for several reasons: it often goes unreported, even on surveys; there is no nationwide organization that gathers information from local police departments about the number of substantiated reports and calls; and there is disagreement about what should be included in the definition of domestic violence."

Read more at Suite101: Statistics of Abuse and Stalking http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse/110025#ixzz0qByPOBnO

i teach self-defense and deal with this issue as my profession. We can call in "honor killings" to put down other cultures. But there are PLENTY of men who kill their wives cause they threaten to leave them or emasculate them somehow. Its a terrible, terrible problem  for women ALL over the world.

three are plenty of people who go to Church and go home and beat their wives. There are plenty of people who go to the Synagogue who go home and beat their wives. There are plenty of people who don't go to any house of faith who go home and beat their wives.

Dude wake up. (That may be asking too much)
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:56am

You seem to have all the answers and the right views why should i report back then?? Dead

Look I am not disagreeing with you on some of the issues of honor killings but I do know that its not ALL islamic and it comes down to culture more so than religion. Whether its the societal norm or not it happens in christianity also and in India where both religions are not the beliefs systems there.
Putting aside what is and isn't the societal norms, do you agree that honor killings happen across different belief systems and cultures and places?

There's no need to hate me for simply asking you to support your claims.
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:55am

I concur but i'm not stepping down from my points thou.

Thou�est need not step down from �points�, one only needs to support them.

Quote Perhaps it is the greatest threat or not but you cannot just brush over a billion of muslims with one brush.
My concern is with the sizeable community of islamists who have yet to claw their way beyond the mindset that will keep them enslaved to dogma laid down in an ancient text that has little relevance in the modern world. I am surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran. Why would I go to the manifesto of a 7th century Arab warlord for practical advice on living in the 21st Century?

In scanning the forum itself I see it's populated by a great by islamists who live in the West and have had no real exposure to islam except the version that�s throttled by secular Western governance.  There are times when I�m convinced that women in the West who defend such things as burqas and who have never been subjected to the real islam need a �selective service� system, of sorts. I�ll suggest that the ummah�s girls living in the West need to register for a term of enlistment that includes actually living in the islamist Middle East for a period of time. It would allow them to announce their rights to dress as they choose in such places as the KSA or Iran� as they�re dragged away by the �virtue police�, kicking and screaming, demanding their rights.      

I know there are a lot of australians living and working in the UAE and I'm quite sure there are plently of other people from elsewhere to. I wonder what attracts them to live and work in a predominate islamic state if its so bad. Unless the tax free shopping is that great!Big%20smile
The reason i say 'some parts' is because it varies across the area and its too time consuming to look and list but if you are interested perhaps you can do a search for yourself Smile 
Actually, you�re the one making the claim of �so many� Australians living and working in the islamist Middle East. I was expecting that you would support your claim.

[quote]Since when does a religion promote another religion??
Actually if you do learn a bit more you will see that there was a time that Christianity and Islam lived peacefully side by side. The time when Spain was ruled under Isam, much was achieved together for the benefit of humanity.
Just incase you haven't realised or learnt, much of Indonesia is Islamic. 
Religions rarely promote competing religions but it is only in the islamist world where competing religions are routinely banned. I've always found it remarkable that islam is apparently the only faith that must use fear, intimidation and threats to keep it's adherents. The obvious question is: why do islamists need to use force and threats whils making islam the "state religion".  

Actually, if you do a search, you will find that following the islamist colonization of Spain, the usual subjugation and second-class status of non-moslems was rigorously enforced. I�m concerned when islamists make false claims about islamist conquests and hope to portray the islamist conquerers as something other than conquering hordes.

At no time in islamist history has the non-Muslims (kuffar) been the equal of Muslims. This is why there is a dhimmi (conquered subject subclass) status in Islam which defines the limited rights of non-equals. I�ll point out there is no analog to dhimmi status in either Christianity or Judaism. The allowances for dhimmis is subject to the subservient behavior of non-Muslims (e.g. as defined in the Pact of Umar). This was established because initially, the islamists wide conquest made Muslims the minority in the lands they ruled, and the business and wealth of these lands could only be maintained through the trained skills and knowledge of the local non-Muslim inhabitants. 1400 years of Muslim domination in the Middle East and the Maghreb (Northern Africa-Spain) have demonstrated that businesses, property, assets, even children could too frequently be confiscated at whim.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:47am

Edited by Angel - 06 June 2010 at 10:47am
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:24am

FYI, I am not an islamist. Wink

Why do you think you are not? 

LOL!!!
You honestly want me to explain??
Well I'm not you will have to take my word for it that I am notTongue

I am curious thou why you would ask a question like that why i think i am notGeek
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic