Forum Description: World Politics
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16846
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 5:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan
Posted By: Boomer
Subject: 2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan
Date Posted: 31 May 2010 at 5:07am

Especially notable on Memorial Day in the U.S., I thought the following story was interesting in the context of U.S. soldiers fighting and dying to prop up a politico-religious ideology that is utterly hostile to many of them. What will be inexcusable will be the lack conviction on the part of the U.S. administration to hold the Karzai government accountable. As we see with regularity across the islamist world, Islamism is intolerant, having a built-in doctrine of contempt for competing religions and the holy obligation to make mohammed�s religion the only religion.

2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--

Quote KABUL, Afghanistan � Afghan authorities suspended two Christian foreign http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--## - Monday on suspicion of proselytizing in the strictly Islamic nation and said a follow-up investigation would include whether other groups were trying to convert Muslims.

U.S.-based Church World Service and Norwegian Church Aid will not be allowed to operate while the allegations, aired Sunday on Afghan television, are investigated, said Mohammad Hashim Mayar, the deputy director of the Afghan http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--## - that oversees nongovernment organizations, known as NGOs.

Mayar said officials did not have any evidence of proselytizing beyond the television report.

Replies:
Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 31 May 2010 at 7:38pm

That is good news...
You stated a few times that you were an godless / atheist /non xtian , why bellyache for Xtians cause unless you are born with some chameleon's traits!Wink
What are you? And who are you really?

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

That is good news...You stated a few times that you were an godless / atheist /non xtian , why bellyache for Xtians cause unless you are born with some chameleon's traits![IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />What are you? And who are you really?�

More of your typical mindless chatter.

Posted By: Gibbs
Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 9:52am
Boomer I actually agree with SignReader.

This is why I made the thread in general discussion to discuss why you are so animate on your view of Muslims. You in another thread claimed to be areligious yet, seems you are biased towards Christians against Muslims. It does appear that you may in fact have a liking to the faith.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

This is why I made the thread in general discussion to discuss why you are so animate on your view of Muslims. You in another thread claimed to be areligious yet, seems you are biased towards Christians against Muslims. It does appear that you may in fact have a liking to the faith.

I'll agree that neither of you have made any effort to address the thread topic. I see that as something of a consistent pattern of behavoir.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

I'll agree that neither of you have made any effort to address the thread topic. I see that as something of a consistent pattern of behavoir.

I can't control what you post that is mods job but you have lost it!
Final verdict... you have failed miserably as a TROLL.

We have seen better species of them morons in the past. But your are bottom of the stinking barrel!

Do you want me to run a poll on you?

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 12:43pm

I can't control what you post that is mods job but you have lost it!Final verdict... you have failed miserably as a TROLL. We have seen better species of them morons in the past. But your are bottom of the stinking barrel!Do you want me to run a poll on you?

Pointless, off-topic spam.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 1:30pm
I'm really not concerned about you Boomer. I believe you've been found out. I tried to make an open intelligent discussion in which you and me can discuss your views. Your response is that "you dont feel obligated to answer questions." This doesnt sound like a person willing to have a dialogue but rather, "flip the script." I completely agree with Sign in saying that you are a troll only wanting to spew venom. I had respect for how you articulated yourself now I don't. I said my two cents so I'm done responding

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 1:44pm

I'm really not concerned about you Boomer. I believe you've been found out. I tried to make an open intelligent discussion in which you and me can discuss your views. Your response is that "you dont feel obligated to answer questions." This doesnt sound like a person willing to have a dialogue but rather, "flip the script." I completely agree with Sign in saying that you are a troll only wanting to spew venom. I had respect for how you articulated yourself now I don't. I said my two cents so I'm done responding

Your two cents is two cents worth of off-topic spam unrelated to the thread.

Date Posted: 01 June 2010 at 8:13pm
Yes I agree my post was off topic but I was clearly making s brief point in your behavior.

Date Posted: 02 June 2010 at 2:22am

Yes I agree my post was off topic but I was clearly making s brief point in your behavior.
And here again you persist with stalking me from thread to thread with off-topic spam.

Date Posted: 02 June 2010 at 6:39am
So "spam" is the word of the day.

Date Posted: 02 June 2010 at 7:12am

Spam defines your every post as you're an admitted spammer with a history of being unable to offer a single relevant comment.

Here you are in another thread, spamming as usual. I discern a consistent pattern: your arrival in every thread reduces its quality.

Date Posted: 02 June 2010 at 10:22pm

Spam defines your every post as you're an admitted spammer with a history of being unable to offer a single relevant comment.

Here you are in another thread, spamming as usual. I discern a consistent pattern: your arrival in every thread reduces its quality.

You can't gag Gibbs to get in threads when and where he may like!
What you been yelling is a job for the moderators...so reply as appropriately instead of creating a scene every time or just get lost ...Don't push your luck cuz misbehaving fellas do get booted out!
Your spam rapping is going nowhere when you do the same left n right!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 June 2010 at 4:10am
F

You can't gag Gibbs to get in threads when and where he may like!What you been yelling is a job for the moderators...so reply as appropriately instead of creating a scene every time or just get lost ...Don't push your luck cuz misbehaving fellas do get booted out!Your spam rapping is going nowhere when you do the same left n right!

Why are you chattering on about things which you are clueless?

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 03 June 2010 at 7:36am

F

You can't gag Gibbs to get in threads when and where he may like!What you been yelling is a job for the moderators...so reply as appropriately instead of creating a scene every time or just get lost ...Don't push your luck cuz misbehaving fellas do get booted out!Your spam rapping is going nowhere when you do the same left n right!

Do you have any idea what SignReader actually said?

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 03 June 2010 at 7:45am
H
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

F

Spam defines your every post as you're an admitted spammer with a history of being unable to offer a single relevant comment. Here you are in another thread, spamming as usual. I discern a consistent pattern: your arrival in every thread reduces its quality.

Do you have any idea what SignReader actually said?

Yes. It was unintelligible jibberish which identifies his posts throughout this thread and others.

Date Posted: 03 June 2010 at 7:36pm
Rudeness with our senior most lady member really indicates how retarded you are!
Is that what your family upbringing all about? lack of civility and manners...
You need to apologize to Angel ~pronto

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:47am

Rudeness with our senior most lady member really indicates how retarded you are!
Is that what your family upbringing all about? lack of civility and manners...
You need to apologize to Angel ~pronto
You need to grow up.

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:26am
Spam!

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:36am

Spam!

Honestly, child. There are sites available for those like you who desperately want attention from other men.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:19am
I think Boomer is kinda funny cause he post something and even when nonMuslims point out something in opposition he always replied it "gibberish" and "childish."

I do think he has so little of a life to come here and post his antiIslamic stuff. He is very consistent and has go graced us with his presence since Feb 2010.

And really I think that most of us found out there is no point to having any type of true dialogue with his posts. At least with the inter-faith debates they for a hundred pages one might learn something from the different perspectives.

I am sure everyone is enlightened by his posts as much as I am.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I think Boomer is kinda funny cause he post
something and even when nonMuslims point out something in opposition he
always replied it "gibberish" and "childish."

I do think he has so little of a life to come here and post his
antiIslamic stuff. He is very consistent and has go graced us with his
presence since Feb 2010. And really I think that most of us found out there is no point to having any type of true dialogue with his posts. At least with the inter-faith debates they for a hundred pages one might learn something from the different perspectives. I am sure everyone is enlightened by his posts as much as I am.

What's disappointing is your spending time, wasting time whining while offering nothing relevant to the thread. That seems to be a consistent pattern with Muslims.

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:05pm
So far we have nothing relevant to add because there is nothing relevant in a dialogue with you. Besides these insults about my sexual orientation may reveal something about you. As you say I am an "attention-seeker" and gay yet you entertain me. You know what they say about "down low men" lol

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 1:11pm

So far we have nothing relevant to add because there is nothing relevant in a dialogue with you. Besides these insults about my sexual orientation may reveal something about you. As you say I am an "attention-seeker" and gay yet you entertain me. You know what they say about "down low men" lol

And here you are still spamming in a futile attempt to shield your inadequacies.

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 6:43pm

Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I think Boomer is kinda funny cause he post
something and even when nonMuslims point out something in opposition he
always replied it "gibberish" and "childish."

I do think he has so little of a life to come here and post his
antiIslamic stuff. He is very consistent and has go graced us with his
presence since Feb 2010. And really I think that most of us found out there is no point to having any type of true dialogue with his posts. At least with the inter-faith debates they for a hundred pages one might learn something from the different perspectives. I am sure everyone is enlightened by his posts as much as I am.

What's disappointing is your spending time, wasting time whining while offering nothing relevant to the thread. That seems to be a consistent pattern with Muslims.

Ermm What are you offering ??

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 6:51pm

I would ask the same question of you and others on this board. Without exception, posts are met with loopy conspiracy theory musings, rambling, off topic nonsense regarding zionists and other un-named conspirators or really creepy stalkers.

Maybe you can offer something?

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:18pm
<<<stalker....I guess that is what you're called when you challenge a st**id idiot....wait did I make a 'positive correlation?'

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 7:50pm

I would ask the same question of you and others on this board. Without exception, posts are met with loopy conspiracy theory musings, rambling, off topic nonsense regarding zionists and other un-named conspirators or really creepy stalkers.

If that is what you think then why are you still here? or are you into this kinda of interaction? and having stalkers LOL Tongue

I offer lots, you just have to search for it Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:11pm

If that is what you think then why are you still here? or are you into this kinda of interaction? and having stalkers LOL Tongue

Everyone here has asked this question but it doesn't phase him! He beats a mule in stubbornness but lacks any utility...

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:15am

Here's a bit of enlightenment - read the thread title and perhaps you can offer something related to that subject.

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:34am
and what have you offered of late that relates to the thread title?? Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:39am

and what have you offered of late that relates to the thread title?? Tongue
Read the title of this thread and look at the first post opening the thread.

It's particularly difficult to make a connection there... at least for some of us.

So, third time now, any comment you woud care to offer related to the thread subject? 

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:52am

Especially notable on Memorial Day in the U.S., I thought the following story was interesting in the context of U.S. soldiers fighting and dying to prop up a politico-religious ideology that is utterly hostile to many of them. What will be inexcusable will be the lack conviction on the part of the U.S. administration to hold the Karzai government accountable. As we see with regularity across the islamist world, Islamism is intolerant, having a built-in doctrine of contempt for competing religions and the holy obligation to make mohammed�s religion the only religion.

2 Christian aid groups suspended in Afghanistan

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--

Quote KABUL, Afghanistan � Afghan authorities suspended two Christian foreign http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--## - Monday on suspicion of proselytizing in the strictly Islamic nation and said a follow-up investigation would include whether other groups were trying to convert Muslims.

U.S.-based Church World Service and Norwegian Church Aid will not be allowed to operate while the allegations, aired Sunday on Afghan television, are investigated, said Mohammad Hashim Mayar, the deputy director of the Afghan http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100531/ap_on_re_as/as_afghan_charities_suspended;_ylt=AnfYnVUAuPzK6e3pIWLFEems0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTQxaTE0Y3JpBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwNTMxL2FzX2FmZ2hhbl9jaGFyaXRpZXNfc3VzcGVuZGVkBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDMQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrAzJjaHJpc3RpYW5haQ--## - that oversees nongovernment organizations, known as NGOs.

Mayar said officials did not have any evidence of proselytizing beyond the television report.

I know you are not going to like it....... but if one learns about the region and what is acceptable and not acceptable they will learn that its not acceptable to proselytizing one's religion. If they still on intent to proselytizing their religion knowing the consequences then its their fault in the place for getting suspended.
Not sure how this is any different from France banning burka 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 4:14am

I know you are not going to like it....... but if one learns about the region and what is acceptable and not acceptable they will learn that its not acceptable to proselytizing one's religion. If they still on intent to proselytizing their religion knowing the consequences then its their fault in the place for getting suspended.

It�s less a function of my liking it as it is identifying a blatant double standard. There is, of course, overt discrimination toward competing religions in most islamist nations. What you define as �acceptable and not acceptable� (in connection with religions that compete with Islamism), is really the islamist practice of using threats, brute force and intimidation to suppress competing religions.

There�s a wealth of information here:

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php

Going unsaid here is that an Islamist state has as its core precept, a bias and bigotry negatively affecting competing faiths. An Islamist state is by definition, discriminatory toward non-Muslims. There�s a certain amount of question begging underlying this dynamic that wants to query: how really tenuous is a religion that is so weak it needs a government to force it on people?

What we do see are islamists� one sided claims to entitlements and demands for special treatment. We see demands for the allowance of religious symbols in secular school systems. We see Muslims segregating themselves in communities to be isolated from the host nation so as to minimize exposure to the host nations �corruptive influences�. We see Muslims importing the societal norms of their nations of origin which are totally contrary to Western standards of equality, tolerance, personal freedoms and rule of law. Yet, we are barraged with charges of bigotry and Racism� when we reject such religiously inspired things as �honor� killings, misogynistic treatment of women and an all-consuming politico-religious ideology that Muslims believe must be imposed on all.

Don�t you find it to be a bit ironic that you feel an entitlement to import your politico-religious beliefs into the nation of Australia that is open, pluralistic and accepting yet, as an islamist, you support the idea of banning competing religions in the islamist Middle East?

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 8:32am

It�s less a function of my liking it as it is identifying a blatant double standard. There is, of course, overt discrimination toward competing religions in most islamist nations. What you define as �acceptable and not acceptable� (in connection with religions that compete with Islamism), is really the islamist practice of using threats, brute force and intimidation to suppress competing religions.

Learn your history and you'll learn that Christianity did the same. Do you know about the crusades? the spanish inquistion? Wink 
There has always been fighting going on in that region for centuries, why is today different.
There is always wars going on between african tribes of differring beliefs Africa.
People have always fought over different ideologies and i don't think its going to stop anytime soon either.

Quote There�s a wealth of information here:

http://www.persecution.org/suffering/index.php

Going unsaid here is that an Islamist state has as its core precept, a bias and bigotry negatively affecting competing faiths. An Islamist state is by definition, discriminatory toward non-Muslims. There�s a certain amount of question begging underlying this dynamic that wants to query: how really tenuous is a religion that is so weak it needs a government to force it on people?

Can you tell me why so many non muslims work and live in the ME especially the UAE?

Both Christianity and Islam and other faiths live side by side in peace in some parts of the ME. If its as bad as you make it out to be, then there should be an all out war. But please tell me why so many non muslims from parts of the world move there, live and work? (it cannot be all about the tax free shopping)

Quote What we do see are islamists� one sided claims to entitlements and demands for special treatment. We see demands for the allowance of religious symbols in secular school systems. We see Muslims segregating themselves in communities to be isolated from the host nation so as to minimize exposure to the host nations �corruptive influences�. We see Muslims importing the societal norms of their nations of origin which are totally contrary to Western standards of equality, tolerance, personal freedoms and rule of law. Yet, we are barraged with charges of bigotry and Racism� when we reject such religiously inspired things as �honor� killings, misogynistic treatment of women and an all-consuming politico-religious ideology that Muslims believe must be imposed on all.

Honour killings are not islamic, they happen in other faiths to, it happens in some Christian communities also, its not religious thing its a cultural thing and the same with bad treatment of women. For some cultural and religious beliefs are quite interwined and its hard for them to separate the both.

Quote Don�t you find it to be a bit ironic that you feel an entitlement to import your politico-religious beliefs into the nation of Australia that is open, pluralistic and accepting yet, as an islamist, you support the idea of banning competing religions in the islamist Middle East?

The answer is no to both points.

FYI, I am not an islamist. Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 05 June 2010 at 3:17pm

Learn your history and you'll learn that Christianity did the same. Do you know about the crusades? the spanish inquistion? Wink 
There has always been fighting going on in that region for centuries, why is today different.
There is always wars going on between african tribes of differring beliefs Africa.
People have always fought over different ideologies and i don't think its going to stop anytime soon either.

I�m not going to excuse the outrageous acts of islamists simply because �hey, they did it too�. You do realize the Spanish Inquisition occurred centuries ago, right? Also, let�s remember that the Spanish Inquisition was not a worldwide problem that put every corner of the planet at risk.

This is perhaps the greatest threat that the world faces � that islamists make excuses for Islamic terrorism.  It seems that you have fully embraced the �What Islamic Terrorism?� pathology that is so much a component of Islamism. Apparently, the internecine hatreds (which roots date back 1,400 years) and which cause islamists to mass slaughter each other and others is to be excused because �Hey � they did it too�. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to geopolitics in the islamist Middle East can understand that the plight of the arab/muslim world has everything to do with Arab/muslim intransigence, an utter inability to compromise and make peace with the out-group; all of which finds it�s focal point at an ancient text delineating the above.

Quote Can you tell me why so many non muslims work and live in the ME especially the UAE?

Both Christianity and Islam and other faiths live side by side in peace in some parts of the ME. If its as bad as you make it out to be, then there should be an all out war. But please tell me why so many non muslims from parts of the world move there, live and work? (it cannot be all about the tax free shopping)

Actually, I can�t tell you why �so many� non islamists work and live in the ME because �so many don�t�. Further, why not define for us those �some parts� of the Middle East where Islamism hasn�t driven out competing religions.

How many competing faiths exist in Saudi Arabia? Please discuss for us the discrimination that Christian Copts face in Egypt. How many non-islamists are there in Yemen and other �islamist� parts of North Africa? The list goes on.  At no time in Islamic history has Islamism been accommodating to competing religions. There has never been equality for non-Muslims in a Muslim sharia state and there have been too often times of mass murder and persecution, forced conversion, forced exile, and oppression, even as far back as the time of Mohammed. The restrictions on non-muslims in the freedom to practice their faith, maintain houses of worship, engaging in permissible trades, in humiliating dress and restrictions on travel, etc. are part of Muslim history and law. Let�s not pretend that Islamism has ever been promoting of competing religions.

Quote Honour killings are not islamic, they happen in other faiths to, it happens in some Christian communities also, its not religious thing its a cultural thing and the same with bad treatment of women. For some cultural and religious beliefs are quite interwined and its hard for them to separate the both.

Of course �honor� killings are islamist. In cultures where �honor� killings routinely occur, islam is both the culture and the predominant religion. Let�s not pretend that �honor� killings are part of Christian societal norms as that is just not supportable.

My own opinion is that there is a certain pathology that afflicts people who would consign women to those feelings of helplessness and inadequacy. It is unhealthy to treat women in a manner such that they become mere possessions-vessels/repositories of the impotent and inadequate male's fragile �honor�. That men and women could relate equally in every sphere of human endeavor is a concept that is so alien and so threatening to so much of the islamist world; I suspect it is what partly fuels the engine of ineptitude that grips so much of the islamist Middle East.

Quote FYI, I am not an islamist. Wink

Why do you think you are not? 

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 12:52am

Why do you think you are not? LOL

This is joke of the month!
See Angel, he is the dumbest of all breeds of TROLLS who have come through here!
Have fun!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:35am

Of course �honor� killings are islamist. In cultures where �honor� killings routinely occur, islam is both the culture and the predominant religion.

Really??
then explain India, where islam and christianity are not the predominant religion.  

Quote Let�s not pretend that �honor� killings are part of Christian societal norms as that is just not supportable.

Not supportable? well here is a few resources to check:
from the bible:  

Lev 21:9  And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)

An articles one from christian site:
Women and Honor Killings: What a Difference Christianity Makes
http://www.crosswalk.com/news/commentary/11632592/ -  

Quote My own opinion is that there is a certain pathology that afflicts people who would consign women to those feelings of helplessness and inadequacy. It is unhealthy to treat women in a manner such that they become mere possessions-vessels/repositories of the impotent and inadequate male's fragile �honor�. That men and women could relate equally in every sphere of human endeavor is a concept that is so alien and so threatening to so much of the islamist world; I suspect it is what partly fuels the engine of ineptitude that grips so much of the islamist Middle East.

I hope you assign you pathology to the western world where some men abuse women to and at times kill. Don't forget that some men in the West treat women as their possessions. And here there is no particular religion at play.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 9:58am
So let me get this straight Boomhauer (from the cartoon king of the hill) thinks its a double standard that Christians are kicked out of a Muslim country? First off angel is right. Christians know the risk of proselytizing in a Muslim country with rules. We can't always see the world through the lens of Western society.

Hmmm I'm more concerned about "Christian Terrorism" than so-called Islamist terrorism. For instance where I live a dangerous Latino gang called "Latin Kings" kill innocent people and from what I hear within their so-called gang creed they invoke God.....hmmm

What about abortion clinics? Afraid to go their too since I may get shot up by a nutball Christian in the name of a bearded Jewish guy......what's his name? Oh yeah Jesus.

Afraid to go to the store with my kid for fear some nutball Christian is gonna proselytize scaring my child.

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:04am

Really??
then explain India, where islam and christianity are not the predominant religion.

I was hoping you could explain honor killings in Jordan, for example.

http://www.pbs.org/speaktruthtopower/rana.html

Quote Journalist, feminist, and human rights defender, Rana Husseini broke the silence and exposed the shame of Jordan when she unveiled the common but unspoken crime of honor killings there. Honor killings happen when a woman is raped or is said to have participated in illicit sexual activity. Across the globe, women who are beaten, brutalized, and raped can expect police, prosecutors, and judges to humiliate victims, fail to investigate cases, and dismiss charges. Imagine what it means in Jordan, where women who are raped are considered to have compromised their families� honor. Fathers, brothers, and sons see it as their duty to avenge the offense, not by persuing the perpetrators but by murdering the victims; their own daughters, sisters, mothers. Honor killings accounted for one-third of the murders of women in Jordan in 1999.

Quote Not supportable? well here is a few resources to check:
from the bible:  

Lev 21:9  And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)

That�s a really weak argument. You are hoping to defend �honor� killings which predominate in islamist majority nations by copying and pasting verses from the Bible and claiming �honor� killings are part of Christian/Western societal norms.

The problem with your argument of course is that it utterly fails to provide evidence that �honor� killings are at all common in the West. The fact is, they are not.

Please compare the incidences of �honor� killings in Australia vs. the KSA, Jordan (the figures are provided above), Egypt or such other location in the islamist paradise of the Middle East. Report back to us what you find.  

Quote An articles one from christian site:
Women and Honor Killings: What a Difference Christianity Makes
http://www.crosswalk.com/news/commentary/11632592/ - You found a single article.

Quote I hope you assign you pathology to the western world where some men abuse women to and at times kill. Don't forget that some men in the West treat women as their possessions. And here there is no particular religion at play.

That�s also a weak argument. The fact is, spousal abuse in the West is a serious crime.

From the linked source above, we find that �honor� killings are calculated and treated by islamist courts as really not something to be concerned about:

Quote The killers are treated with leniency, and families assign the task of honor killing to a minor, because under Jordanian juvenile law, minors who commit crimes are sentenced to a juvenile center where they can learn a profession and continue their education, and then, at eighteen, be released without a criminal record. The average term served for an honor killing is only seven and a half months.

It�s not surprising then that islamists so often flail their pom-poms in support of their islamist paradises� but choose to live in Infidel�istan where their rights are truly protected.   

Honor killings on the rise

Updated: Thursday, 03 Sep 2009, 12:58 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 03 Sep 2009, 12:58 AM EDT

• DAVID MARTIN | FOX 35 News

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/faith_news/090209_Honor_killings_on_the_rise - http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/faith_news/090209_Honor_killings_on_the_rise

Quote In Texas last year, a horrible 911 call came from two sisters.

�Oh my god! I'm dying. What's wrong ma'am? I'm bleeding everywhere,� one of them is heard screaming.

The father is the accused killer. His reason? They were dating boys.

"Most Westerners wouldn't understand that and wouldn't even believe that people think that way,� says Robert Spencer, founder of http://jihadwatch.org/ - JihadWatch.org .

His website attempts to raise awareness about the activities of global jihadists. One of those activities is what's called honor killings, a practice which has its roots in the Middle East, and is now happening in the West.

�What they're concerned about is restoring the purity of the family in this world, and they do that by eradicating the member that is stained,� says Spencer.

Marriage infidelity, divorce, rejecting an arranged marriage, refusing to wear headscarves and homosexuality have all been reasons for which women and men have been killed.

Even victims of rape have been victims of honor killings.

Why argue such nonsense as reason and compassion when you can just appease your under-developed emotional maturity with a split second of religiously inspired violence and murder?

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:08am

I�m not going to excuse the outrageous acts of islamists simply because �hey, they did it too�. You do realize the Spanish Inquisition occurred centuries ago, right? Also, let�s remember that the Spanish Inquisition was not a worldwide problem that put every corner of the planet at risk.

I concur but i'm not stepping down from my points thou.

Quote This is perhaps the greatest threat that the world faces � that islamists make excuses for Islamic terrorism.  It seems that you have fully embraced the �What Islamic Terrorism?� pathology that is so much a component of Islamism. Apparently, the internecine hatreds (which roots date back 1,400 years) and which cause islamists to mass slaughter each other and others is to be excused because �Hey � they did it too�. Anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to geopolitics in the islamist Middle East can understand that the plight of the arab/muslim world has everything to do with Arab/muslim intransigence, an utter inability to compromise and make peace with the out-group; all of which finds it�s focal point at an ancient text delineating the above.

Perhaps it is the greatest threat or not but you cannot just brush over a billion of muslims with one brush.

Quote Can you tell me why so many non muslims work and live in the ME especially the UAE?

(Angel)Both Christianity and Islam and other faiths live side by side in peace in some parts of the ME. If its as bad as you make it out to be, then there should be an all out war. But please tell me why so many non muslims from parts of the world move there, live and work? (it cannot be all about the tax free shopping)

Actually, I can�t tell you why �so many� non islamists work and live in the ME because �so many don�t�. Further, why not define for us those �some parts� of the Middle East where Islamism hasn�t driven out competing religions.

I know there are a lot of australians living and working in the UAE and I'm quite sure there are plently of other people from elsewhere to. I wonder what attracts them to live and work in a predominate islamic state if its so bad. Unless the tax free shopping is that great!Big%20smile
The reason i say 'some parts' is because it varies across the area and its too time consuming to look and list but if you are interested perhaps you can do a search for yourself Smile 

Quote How many competing faiths exist in Saudi Arabia? Please discuss for us the discrimination that Christian Copts face in Egypt. How many non-islamists are there in Yemen and other �islamist� parts of North Africa? The list goes on.  At no time in Islamic history has Islamism been accommodating to competing religions. There has never been equality for non-Muslims in a Muslim sharia state and there have been too often times of mass murder and persecution, forced conversion, forced exile, and oppression, even as far back as the time of Mohammed. The restrictions on non-muslims in the freedom to practice their faith, maintain houses of worship, engaging in permissible trades, in humiliating dress and restrictions on travel, etc. are part of Muslim history and law. Let�s not pretend that Islamism has ever been promoting of competing religions.

Since when does a religion promote another religion??
Actually if you do learn a bit more you will see that there was a time that Christianity and Islam lived peacefully side by side. The time when Spain was ruled under Isam, much was achieved together for the benefit of humanity.
Just incase you haven't realised or learnt, much of Indonesia is Islamic. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:24am

Why do you think you are not? 

LOL!!!
You honestly want me to explain??
Well I'm not you will have to take my word for it that I am notTongue

I am curious thou why you would ask a question like that why i think i am notGeek

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:47am

Report back to us what you find.

You seem to have all the answers and the right views why should i report back then?? Dead

Look I am not disagreeing with you on some of the issues of honor killings but I do know that its not ALL islamic and it comes down to culture more so than religion. Whether its the societal norm or not it happens in christianity also and in India where both religions are not the beliefs systems there.
Putting aside what is and isn't the societal norms, do you agree that honor killings happen across different belief systems and cultures and places?
Or do you honestly believe that it is just an islamic thing?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:55am

Thou�est need not step down from �points�, one only needs to support them.

Quote Perhaps it is the greatest threat or not but you cannot just brush over a billion of muslims with one brush.
My concern is with the sizeable community of islamists who have yet to claw their way beyond the mindset that will keep them enslaved to dogma laid down in an ancient text that has little relevance in the modern world. I am surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran. Why would I go to the manifesto of a 7th century Arab warlord for practical advice on living in the 21st Century?

In scanning the forum itself I see it's populated by a great by islamists who live in the West and have had no real exposure to islam except the version that�s throttled by secular Western governance.  There are times when I�m convinced that women in the West who defend such things as burqas and who have never been subjected to the real islam need a �selective service� system, of sorts. I�ll suggest that the ummah�s girls living in the West need to register for a term of enlistment that includes actually living in the islamist Middle East for a period of time. It would allow them to announce their rights to dress as they choose in such places as the KSA or Iran� as they�re dragged away by the �virtue police�, kicking and screaming, demanding their rights.      

I know there are a lot of australians living and working in the UAE and I'm quite sure there are plently of other people from elsewhere to. I wonder what attracts them to live and work in a predominate islamic state if its so bad. Unless the tax free shopping is that great!Big%20smile
The reason i say 'some parts' is because it varies across the area and its too time consuming to look and list but if you are interested perhaps you can do a search for yourself Smile 
Actually, you�re the one making the claim of �so many� Australians living and working in the islamist Middle East. I was expecting that you would support your claim.

[quote]Since when does a religion promote another religion??
Actually if you do learn a bit more you will see that there was a time that Christianity and Islam lived peacefully side by side. The time when Spain was ruled under Isam, much was achieved together for the benefit of humanity.
Just incase you haven't realised or learnt, much of Indonesia is Islamic. 
Religions rarely promote competing religions but it is only in the islamist world where competing religions are routinely banned. I've always found it remarkable that islam is apparently the only faith that must use fear, intimidation and threats to keep it's adherents. The obvious question is: why do islamists need to use force and threats whils making islam the "state religion".  

Actually, if you do a search, you will find that following the islamist colonization of Spain, the usual subjugation and second-class status of non-moslems was rigorously enforced. I�m concerned when islamists make false claims about islamist conquests and hope to portray the islamist conquerers as something other than conquering hordes.

At no time in islamist history has the non-Muslims (kuffar) been the equal of Muslims. This is why there is a dhimmi (conquered subject subclass) status in Islam which defines the limited rights of non-equals. I�ll point out there is no analog to dhimmi status in either Christianity or Judaism. The allowances for dhimmis is subject to the subservient behavior of non-Muslims (e.g. as defined in the Pact of Umar). This was established because initially, the islamists wide conquest made Muslims the minority in the lands they ruled, and the business and wealth of these lands could only be maintained through the trained skills and knowledge of the local non-Muslim inhabitants. 1400 years of Muslim domination in the Middle East and the Maghreb (Northern Africa-Spain) have demonstrated that businesses, property, assets, even children could too frequently be confiscated at whim.

Date Posted: 06 June 2010 at 10:56am

You seem to have all the answers and the right views why should i report back then?? Dead

Look I am not disagreeing with you on some of the issues of honor killings but I do know that its not ALL islamic and it comes down to culture more so than religion. Whether its the societal norm or not it happens in christianity also and in India where both religions are not the beliefs systems there.
Putting aside what is and isn't the societal norms, do you agree that honor killings happen across different belief systems and cultures and places?

There's no need to hate me for simply asking you to support your claims.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 07 June 2010 at 11:18am

The fact is, spousal abuse in the West is a serious crime.

Really? If it were this would not be true.

"The precise incidence of domestic violence in America is difficult to determine for several reasons: it often goes unreported, even on surveys; there is no nationwide organization that gathers information from local police departments about the number of substantiated reports and calls; and there is disagreement about what should be included in the definition of domestic violence."

Read more at Suite101: http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse/110025#ixzz0qByPOBnO - Statistics of Abuse and Stalking http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse/110025#ixzz0qByPOBnO - http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/spousal_domestic_abuse/110025#ixzz0qByPOBnO - /110025#ixzz0qByPOBnO

i teach self-defense and deal with this issue as my profession. We can call in "honor killings" to put down other cultures. But there are PLENTY of men who kill their wives cause they threaten to leave them or emasculate them somehow. Its a terrible, terrible problem  for women ALL over the world.

three are plenty of people who go to Church and go home and beat their wives. There are plenty of people who go to the Synagogue who go home and beat their wives. There are plenty of people who don't go to any house of faith who go home and beat their wives.

Dude wake up. (That may be asking too much)

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:16am

Thou�est need not step down from �points�, one only needs to support them.

And you�re the King of supporting your points, right??
I brought my resources, if you�re not happy with them that is your issue to deal with not meBig%20smileEvil%20Smile

Perhaps it is the greatest threat or not but you cannot just brush over a billion of muslims with one brush.

My concern is with the sizeable community of islamists who have yet to claw their way beyond the mindset that will keep them enslaved to dogma laid down in an ancient text that has little relevance in the modern world. I am surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran. Why would I go to the manifesto of a 7th century Arab warlord for practical advice on living in the 21st Century?

In scanning the forum itself I see it's populated by a great by islamists who live in the West and have had no real exposure to islam except the version that�s throttled by secular Western governance.  There are times when I�m convinced that women in the West who defend such things as burqas and who have never been subjected to the real islam need a �selective service� system, of sorts. I�ll suggest that the ummah�s girls living in the West need to register for a term of enlistment that includes actually living in the islamist Middle East for a period of time. It would allow them to announce their rights to dress as they choose in such places as the KSA or Iran� as they�re dragged away by the �virtue police�, kicking and screaming, demanding their rights.

If that is you view I will not argue but where is your support/references  especially if you say you are "surrounded with far better, more current, and more comprehensive sources of applicable knowledge than what is contained in the Koran."

I know there are a lot of australians living and working in the UAE and I'm quite sure there are plently of other people from elsewhere to. I wonder what attracts them to live and work in a predominate islamic state if its so bad. Unless the tax free shopping is that great!

The reason i say 'some parts' is because it varies across the area and its too time consuming to look and list but if you are interested perhaps you can do a search for yourself 

Actually, you�re the one making the claim of �so many� Australians living and working in the islamist Middle East. I was expecting that you would support your claim.

I never said 'so many' australians, I said 'a lot' of australians. Earlier when i mentioned 'so many' i meant from around the world from varies places go to UAE to work and live. Like I said if you are so interested you can do a search for yourself, check the varies countries statistics from consenus. Usually i would do some leg work but i'm all out of energy at the moment.  Sleepy

Since when does a religion promote another religion??

Actually if you do learn a bit more you will see that there was a time that Christianity and Islam lived peacefully side by side. The time when Spain was ruled under Isam, much was achieved together for the benefit of humanity.

Just incase you haven't realised or learnt, much of Indonesia is Islamic.

Religions rarely promote competing religions but it is only in the islamist world where competing religions are routinely banned.

Well is it not their choice to do so is it not?.

And the problem for you with it, is what? Do you want to go there and live do you? Tongue

I've always found it remarkable that islam is apparently the only faith that must use fear, intimidation and threats to keep it's adherents. The obvious question is: why do islamists need to use force and threats whils making islam the "state religion".

Sheesh!

Well Christianity uses fear, intimidation to, the threat of Hell.  

Actually, if you do a search, you will find that following the islamist colonization of Spain, the usual subjugation and second-class status of non-moslems was rigorously enforced. I�m concerned when islamists make false claims about islamist conquests and hope to portray the islamist conquerers as something other than conquering hordes. At no time in islamist history has the non-Muslims (kuffar) been the equal of Muslims. This is why there is a dhimmi (conquered subject subclass) status in Islam which defines the limited rights of non-equals. I�ll point out there is no analog to dhimmi status in either Christianity or Judaism. The allowances for dhimmis is subject to the subservient behavior of non-Muslims (e.g. as defined in the Pact of Umar). This was established because initially, the islamists wide conquest made Muslims the minority in the lands they ruled, and the business and wealth of these lands could only be maintained through the trained skills and knowledge of the local non-Muslim inhabitants. 1400 years of Muslim domination in the Middle East and the Maghreb (Northern Africa-Spain) have demonstrated that businesses, property, assets, even children could too frequently be confiscated at whim.

And where is your resources?? Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:22am

There's no need to hate me for simply asking you to support your claims.

I'm not hating you.
I what i mentioned is a summary of my knowledge from many years. I gave you stuff, I referenced what i had also. if you not happy..... well......go jump in the lake! TongueEvil%20Smile

You have a cheek to ask me to support my claims when you yourself don't.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:34am
Angel,
Well said,Clap
I don't think there is a lake around where he lives!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net