IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CHRISTIANS:FORGIVE EVERYBODY THEIR SINS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bunter View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Mahdi The Seeke Mahdi The Seeke wrote:

john 20:19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, �Peace be with you!� 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, �Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.� 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, �Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone�s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.�

The obvious and plain meaning here is not that Christians have the power to forgive sins but they do have the authority to say that one puts their trust in the atoning work of Jesus then sins are forgiven.
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2013 at 1:14am
john 20:19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, �Peace be with you!� 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

21 Again Jesus said, �Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.� 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, �Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone�s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.�
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic