IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shia And Sunni  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shia And Sunni

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Talib_Asadullah View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 9:44am
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah, I agree about the badmouthing part.
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray:
"Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray."
in short something was important in his sunnah which he wanted to write there.....

but wat is the reply he got:
you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us.

is this statement ever said by the Prophet (a.s) that the quran is enough for you...does his sunnah hav no importance???

and if quran was enough, why was there so much discord among the ummah after his death??

I can't help but comment...............
While each and every Muslim knows the Prophet (saw) could not  read or write making it  a moot point .....
The discord was due to the Koofan Fitna who cheered Hussain (r) on for a clash with the state knowing fully well the outcome but still let it happen....
Then use the lunar month to do the lamentation and flagellation way illogical to get same thing like the Ramadan! The death day and birthdays have to go by solar system only...Not that it is going to effect the change any time soon but I thought to point it out the utter ignorance of the masses and also their retarded greedy leaders....
Look at the death certificate if you have one handy what calender do you see!

We have so much discord in the world due to the Jooish claim of the only chosen people plus the lament of the holocaust making the whole world hostage.... while knowing the fact the Nazis who killed the Jooz are also dead but they continue to extract more mileage by teaching holocaust guilt in American schools who weren't even involved in the Jooz killings by a long shot... What sense does it make to continue belly aching about the sahabas ....they did this and they did that analogous to the Joowish thinking.........A continuous Fitna...It is backbiting the dead people I think by the time you get to the judgment day there will be hardly any good works left on your record to show to Allah swt... so do astaghfar for all the bad mouthing pronto.... you know what I mean and take it easy.........

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 January 2009 at 10:54pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 12:05pm

wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray:
in short something was important in his sunnah which he wanted to write there.....

is this statement ever said by the Prophet (a.s) that the quran is enough for you...does his sunnah hav no importance???

and if quran was enough, why was there so much discord among the ummah after his death??

Assalamu Alaikum...So the question I would ask is..Who has gone astray???
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 11:08am

wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray.....

The Prophet was not allowed to write his will? Who would not allow him to do that? He was a Prophet, remember? And all his companions stuck to his every single word and command. They didnt take his wishes/commands lightly. Please use your words carefully.

What a ridiculous conspiracy theory - sounds like a muslim version of the Da Vinci Code. You are suggesting that the Companions were conspiring against Prophet Muhammad, and prevented him from doing something he wanted to - which changed the course of Islam as we know it? Ermm

The burden of conveying Islam, and preserving it, is a responsibility Allah took upon Himself. Had the making of a 'will' been an important tenent of Islam, that would have preserved it, Allah would have made sure it was stated clearly and established.

Also, unlike other religions/systems - Islam does not support the idea, that authority and power is transferred through genes or family name. Which is why Prophet Muhammad had no successor - apart from the muslim ummah itself.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2009 at 7:32am
wa'alaikumassalam

Edited by asda - 17 January 2009 at 7:32am
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 5:42pm

dear br Talib_Asadullah

wa'alikumassalam.
hope you are in the best of health...
there are few more examples i can provide...but lets go step by step..

regarding the will of Prophet (s.a.w)...it is not that the Prophet (s.a.w) dint want to write a will, but he was not allowed to write a will:

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 573:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When Allah's Apostle was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/070.sbt.html

Assalamu Alaikum

The question is.. How do we know what he(SAWS) would write? Do we know that he(SAWS) would even be informing us through this statement who the Khilafah would be? From the hadith, it can be deduced that he(SAWS) wasnt allowed to write, but it was through the annoyance of the people that he(SAWS) decided not to! This is all conjecture because it never transpired.

Allah knows best
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
asda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:32pm
dear br Talib_Asadullah

wa'alikumassalam.
hope you are in the best of health...
there are few more examples i can provide...but lets go step by step..

you can read about the exile of marwan and his father hakam in the following book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=76qNufWWDPoC&pg=PA133&dq=hakam+prophet+exile#PPA133,M1

even though the 1st two caliphs were not convinced to bring him back, but still uthman went on to persue his words....thus this is not a fair deal...

just to let u know, the family of hakam was exiled because hakam mimicked the way the Prophet (s.a.w) walked and mocked the Prophet (a.s)....do u think a person who has lived under training of such a person shud be given a high position in society???
this is just one example..

surly the faults which does not effect the society shud be conceled...but imagine this......if someone you know dint have a good behavior....and the next day u see him teaching morals to his students...isnt it ure responisbilty to warn his students because he might be teaching them wrong...hope you get what i am trying to say.....

regarding the will of Prophet (s.a.w)...it is not that the Prophet (s.a.w) dint want to write a will, but he was not allowed to write a will:

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 573:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When Allah's Apostle was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/070.sbt.html

br.seekshidayath
when i said dat, i meant dat for this person sign*reader...surly this board is not anti-shia..others on this board are well respectful and open to views...and i thank u all on that...on ure insist...i will answer those questions inshallah soon....just give me a bit of time..as i am also preparing for my xams...

i request br hossain and br myahya to leave that on me...

regards
asda

Edited by asda - 16 January 2009 at 1:00pm
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talib_Asadullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:53am
Assalamu Alaikum

Narrated AbuHurayrah(RAA): The Prophet (SAWS) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects.  (Sunan Abu Dawud--Book #40, Hadith #4579)

Narrated AbuDharr(RAA): The Prophet (SAWS) said: He who separates from the community within a span takes off the noose of Islam from his neck.
(Sunan Abu Dawud--Book #40, Hadith #4740)
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic