Print Page | Close Window

Shia And Sunni

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: Matters/topics, related to various sects, are discussed where only Muslims who may or may not belong to a sect take part.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13955
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 11:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Shia And Sunni
Posted By: hossain
Subject: Shia And Sunni
Date Posted: 10 January 2009 at 1:23pm
Sallaam'alaykum to all brothers and sisters.
My name is Hossain, and i live in California and follow the Jafari School of thought. The main Shia school of thought.

I accidentally fell upon this forum googling something and was very intrigued by the conversations going on here. The topic that landed upon was the one if shia's believe in the present Quran. and just in case that wasnt solidified in that topic. the answer is YES. I am ethnically from Iran. and Iranians are a very large majority of Shia's in the Islamic world. I also speak on behalf of the Iraqi Shia's, for I have many Iraqi friends who are also shia, and i know their views also. We all believe in the same Quran. thats why our religion is perfect. its the only religion with an untouched book. yes, many have come by and forged fake pages and tried to add them to the Quran, and some "special" people actually fell for it... sad i know.

and one more thing. IN NO WAY do Shias believe that Imam Ali (a.s) was intended to be the bearer of the Quran. Allah makes no mistakes, and the Prophet (saw)was the one to bear the Quran. those who say that are heretics i assure you... i have heard that rumor before and was in shock. it doesnt even make logical sense for a Muslim to think that God or his angels are even CAPABLE of making mistakes. its impossible. i had to get that out of the way lol that one was driving me crazy :D

i am honestly heart warmed to see discussions like this going online. and i instantly joined the forum and was hoping we could have discussions on our differences. there are things at times i dont want to ask my Sunni friends (and trust me all of my school friends are) cuz itll make it kinda awkward but online it should be easier :)

and i know there are more questions for me than for me for you guys.

and i want to make it verrryyy clear that i want to make no separation between our religion. we are ALL Muslims and all recite Ash'hadoh an la illaha illallah wa Mohammadan rasullallah. We are all of the same religion, and i want to compare the different interpretations we have on some religious issues.:)

-- Hossain Mostaghim

inshaAllah remember to keep Ghaza in all of your prayers...

Replies:
Date Posted: 10 January 2009 at 1:27pm
I think a topic like this can help us understand our different interpretations and bring us closer one by one and unite us. We are all fingers of one hand, we need to learn to work with one another to make a fist. a fist that stands strong, against all injustices. For example, Ghaza at the present moment...

Posted By: Talib_Asadullah
Date Posted: 11 January 2009 at 11:20am
So you are familiar that some say that there are certain she'ee who say that the Qur'an was supposed to be entrusted to Ali(RadiAllahuAnhu) with the revelation? I have heard this as well, long before I came to this website. I wouldnt say that its totally impossible for a group of people to be out there like this, there are so many branches and sects that have sprung forth from Shi'ism..its not out of the question that these people are out there.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: asda
Date Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:43pm
frankly br talib....i have travelled a lot in majority shia coutries and met loads of people...but i couldnt find ONE person who beliefs Imam Ali (a.s) shud hav got the quran (maazallah)....its a baseless accusation...it does not exist...ya some wrong ghullat beliefs r dere...but this one does not exist at all..

Date Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:29pm
I agree with brother Asda. I hadnt heard of that either, till i saw it written in this forum. to tell you the truth i was in shock when i read it. i know almost all of the beliefs of Shia, and that is not one of them. and thats too big a thing to be not known lol.

Date Posted: 12 January 2009 at 1:46pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Subhan'Allah

There is however such a concept of Taqiyaa.. Im sure you may be away of it somewhat.  Do we know the extent of all the "ghullat" belief systems out there? When some of this people hide their beliefs on purpose?

Alhamduillah, Allah will preserve His religion.

This is really not very important..whether these people exist or not.  Some say there are people like this, others like yourself say no...Allahu alim.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: myahya
Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 4:46am

There are certain she'ee who say that the Qur'an was supposed to be entrusted to Ali(RadiAllahuAnhu) with the revelation?

I am not sure if I understand what it means. Could you please explain more what exactly it says?

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:00am

Assallamualaikum Brother Hussain, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around, and thankyou for clarifying that misconception. . .

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:07am
Assalamu Alaikum

I can give you brothers and sisters here my personal story, with a she'ee brother named Ali, from Lebanon.

He told me that every year, on the anniversary of Ali's(RadiAllahuAnhu) birthday(being the lunar calendar, Im sure this shifts every year), that the doors of the Kaaba, open up by themselves! Wa'Allahi, he said this to me.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:27pm
Dear Talib_Asadullah

I am fully aware of all the ghullat and nussairi practices and beliefs....and frankly none of them believe in this...even if they are on the wrong path...

now the taqayyah thing u hav brought up...well just to let u know...the extremist anti-shia use this to save themselves dats it...if we say that Imam Ali (a.s) was a slave of Allah (s.w.t), they say u r doing taqayyah and the the real shia belief is dat u consider him god (maazallah)...which is wrong...and for a fact, these people try to teach us wat is our belief according to them....and want to lissen (from us) watever they like ...otherwise everything else is taqayyah for them....

so i usually call this the "taqayya cloth" for anti-shia to save themselves wen they are having a hard time in a debate...thats it....if u dont believe me then u can visit any random mosque and ask anybody about this....u will know the truth...

Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 2:38pm
Assalamu Alaikum

From my limited understanding, Taqiyyah was a practice that came about because the Imam's were being assassinated and poisoned.. so it was life threatening to expose or make public;views i.e. "Shia" that went against The Consensus i.e. "Sunni".

I pray that She'ee here dont think that Im against you, Im not. I Love anyone who says "Laa ilah Ill Allah, Muhammdan Rasullah".

Im just bringing up these certain issues. One question I would like to ask any Shia here is this... If Ali(radiallahuanhu) became the First Rashidun Khilafah..then what? Wouldnt he have done the same as Abu Bakr As-Saddiq, Umar Al-Farooq(Radiallahuanhuma)? Ali(RA) followed the Sunnah like the rest of them.  He embodied the Sunnah, like the rest.  The main point is, what would have been the difference if Ali was first Khilafah???

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 13 January 2009 at 3:37pm
The title should be Shia and Muslims due to the following reasons:
Every child born is  born on fitrah i.e., Muslim and it the parent that gives him his  religion or the absence of it....
Three progenitors of the three main line religions!
We say they were supposed to be Muslims but Judeo /Christen got the currency! Why cuz people put bunch of nonsense into it based on their egos and ignorance or the influence of sect originators!

Look at the verities of Judaism! Judaism it was supposed to be Islam...OK that is asking too much...But then  Orthodox has God in it; Conservative may be; but what is this the Reformed wow the God is history so is judgment day and it is good enough to be the Jews... meaning the Hebrews... meaning children of Abraham...And they want all the goodies here and now so go after the world .Do you see the picture?
  • Musa(a) was born and let go into the river/removal of the father figure from the scene who could be detrimental to his mental growth being in bondage you know that!
What we gonna do about Nazarenes; or so called Christians after a few centuries they took a completely a new tack they merged the "Passion of Christ " that blood and gore ....and merged with the Roman trinitarianism, RC and Lutheranism, Baptist ism and Mormonism and hundreds other ism all based on crucifixion that was an allusion made to look that actually didn't happen! 
  • Jesus(a) was conceived by the word being delivered to Murrium and born without a father cuz there were no father figure fit for the boy Jesus amongst the mammon worshiping Jews of his time and also a birth without father was to be shock to the smart aleci Jews!
  • Muhammad(s)'s was conceived and his father was taken before his birth and his nurturing escaped the father's pagan influence then he got the revelation at age he was given the Quran and he got the confirmation that he was all along a Muslim but now had an added responsibility of telling others to revert to the nature of being a Muslim in totality than anything else. All those who accepted his call reverted back to being a Muslim cuz they( adult friend Abu Bakr(r); Khatija(r) knew his life style /SUNNAH and believed his Kalimah" There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger! Of course rest in the house hold Zayd and young Ali(r) 
Now the Jews say they want the preference over the world and want Palestine to themselves  cuz they are related in blood with Abraham(a).

The Christians claim redemption cuz Jesus(a) got crucified and the Shiane Ali claim both their claim being related and cuz Hussain(r) got killed at Karbala and that land became a holy land that shiiTs carry even to Kabbah for their prayers! Just Imagine the dirt of Karbala taking preference than Haram sharifs!
  •  Who established these innovations for them when the laws of Islam were already set?
  • Is this Islam of the Prophet?
  • So where did this Shii thing came from?
  • Where did this addition to Kalima Ali waliullah come from?
  • Did Ali(r) ask this to be coined?
  • I personally have no problem with that but if we consider him waliullah why wasn't he forewarned by Allah about the attack of the assassin? As we all know Prophet(s) was warned about his assassination plot and he made plans to migrate with his bud Abu Bakr(r)
  • When he accepted to be the Caliph did people read the revised Kalima?
  • What is difference of the Passion flagellation between Shiias & RCatholics!
  • Isn't this similar to what the RCs in third world do and don't forget the Passion of the Christ stuff still raging on RCs minds while at the same time that blood of Christ has commuted their sins slate clean! Does that make any sense?
  • Hussan(r) abdicated but Hussain(r) decided to throw the gauntlet to the state forces....Was he in a different or stronger position than his elder brother?
  • Then you go further down the road and followers of Imam Ismael split from the mainline after Jafar as Sadiq refused to delegate Imamat ...How do you explain that if Jafar thought his first born was no good why did they let them Ismaelis getaway and start their own brand ?
  • Isn't obvious these sectarian Twelvers or Seveners or any of the free lancers bunch different self styled saint branching were based on the Tribal/political followings than the true spirit of Islam as preached by the Prophet(s)?
You have Alavites ruling over Syria cuz the west would not allow a Muslim majority take the reigns of power!
And you know these Ismaeils have  a weird ism and their religion is business based! Almost like the Jews!

I hope some one can come up with the answers!
I am sorry I posed too many of them.............

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 12:55am
what i mean by that is on this forum i saw something that said that some people believe that Shias believe that the Quran should have been revealed to Imam Ali. but this is false. REALLY false haha

just something i figured definitly needed clarifying. and i dont see all the fuss of busting out different proofs to prove that shias dont believe that cuz if we dont believe it, we dont believe it haha if it was something we believed then thats when u start busting out proof. but astakhfurallah... that is not true by anymeans

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 12:56am
and thank you Chrysalis for the warm welcome

very much appreciated :D

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:08am
Brother Talib,
by NOO means do i feel hatred coming from you. dont worry :) i appreciate the questions actually. i really do.

about the doors of the Kaba opening... yea, thats another myth lol sorry to burst ur bubble lool jkkkkk

but here is why the split occurred: Before the Prophet passed away he asked for a piece of paper so he could write down that Imam Ali is to rule after him. But Abu Bakr said that there was no need and that he was delusional and not feeling well. The thing is, the prophet declares the word of Allah. Just to say that the Prophet was delusional or that he wasnt feeling well enough to know what he was saying... astaghfurallah. you see how this came about?
and it continues from descendant to descendant of the Prophet... when the Prophets family was killed off one by one...
that was what separated the Muslims.
i say separated because we are all still Muslims. brothers and sisters.
i never will find the right to disrespect or to love less my Sunni brother, and i expect the same back. My Sunni friends never force their beliefs on me and not i to them. i just think all of us should be aware of one another. its with knowledge and understanding that we can make our bond strong and stand against everything that comes at the Muslim world. For the first thing the enemies of Islam are doing is separating Muslims and having them go at each other... its depressing really..

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:10am
Sign Reader, i promise to answer all those questions tomorrow. its 1 am and those are way too many questions haha

till tomorrow goodnight :)

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 12:11pm
dear br Talib_Asadullah

please ignore this person sign*reader cuz i hav noticed that he is an anti shia...even though i can answer every single question of his...but i dont wanna waste time...

your question has basically 2 dimentions....
one is looking at taqayyah and the second at the khilafat of Imam Ali (a.s)...

First we will look into taqayya..
Uptill now...ure knowledge says that it was an "invention" much later after the prophet (s.a.w)...this is wrong...
For a fact, i would just like to let u know that for the lovers of Ahle Bayt (a.s), the quran is hujjat on us and no body can contradict whats written in the quran...and the quran u believe and the quran we believe is da same...whoever says otherwise is a lier....

taqayya as u know can only be donw when there is fear of loss of life respect etc...and its da last option...here is wat quran says:

"Anyone who after accepting faith in Allah utters unbelief except under compulsion his heart remaining firm in faith but such as open their breast to unbelief on them is Wrath from Allah and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty"
Surah An-Nahal, verse 106 transliteration by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

ihope this clarifies to u that the roots of taqayya are there in quran as well...but can only be used in worst conditions...

since there is no fear of any shia's life or respect etc, please dont accuse us here of doing taqayyah...

secondly the khilafat..
what difference does it make if the khilafat of Imam Ali (a.s) is 1st or the 4th??

well it does make a difference when there are things done by the early rashidite caliph which were against the rulings of the Prophet (s.a.w)....and thus going against the sunnah....and example is "bringing back marwan bin hakam by Uthman and awarding him the position of governer of madina when everybody knows that his family was exiled by the Prophet (s.a.w)"....do u think a person who is exiled by the prophet (s.a.w) shud be given a respectable postion in society??

inshallah if u want to discuss this topic in detail we can do so..

about the story of the door u heard....it si better if u confirm such stuff from a very famous source....just a mere word by a layman cannot be considered hujjah.....u shud not judge a religion by its people...u shud better judge us by our scholars...

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by hossain hossain wrote:

Sallaam'alaykum to all brothers and sisters.
My name is Hossain, and i live in California and follow the Jafari School of thought. The main Shia school of thought.

I accidentally fell upon this forum googling something and was very intrigued by the conversations going on here. The topic that landed upon was the one if shia's believe in the present Quran. and just in case that wasnt solidified in that topic. the answer is YES. I am ethnically from Iran. and Iranians are a very large majority of Shia's in the Islamic world. I also speak on behalf of the Iraqi Shia's, for I have many Iraqi friends who are also shia, and i know their views also. We all believe in the same Quran. thats why our religion is perfect. its the only religion with an untouched book. yes, many have come by and forged fake pages and tried to add them to the Quran, and some "special" people actually fell for it... sad i know.

and one more thing. IN NO WAY do Shias believe that Imam Ali (a.s) was intended to be the bearer of the Quran. Allah makes no mistakes, and the Prophet (saw)was the one to bear the Quran. those who say that are heretics i assure you... i have heard that rumor before and was in shock. it doesnt even make logical sense for a Muslim to think that God or his angels are even CAPABLE of making mistakes. its impossible. i had to get that out of the way lol that one was driving me crazy :D

i am honestly heart warmed to see discussions like this going online. and i instantly joined the forum and was hoping we could have discussions on our differences. there are things at times i dont want to ask my Sunni friends (and trust me all of my school friends are) cuz itll make it kinda awkward but online it should be easier :)

and i know there are more questions for me than for me for you guys.

and i want to make it verrryyy clear that i want to make no separation between our religion. we are ALL Muslims and all recite Ash'hadoh an la illaha illallah wa Mohammadan rasullallah. We are all of the same religion, and i want to compare the different interpretations we have on some religious issues.:)

-- Hossain Mostaghim

inshaAllah remember to keep Ghaza in all of your prayers...
Wa Laikum As Salaam.We are all Muslim."Mashallah"Im Sunni Pleased to meet you.I dont discriminate,its up to Allah Ta ala to Judge.

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by asda asda wrote:

dear br Talib_Asadullah

please ignore this person sign*reader cuz i hav noticed that he is an anti shia...even though i can answer every single question of his...but i dont wanna waste time...

your question has basically 2 dimentions....
one is looking at taqayyah and the second at the khilafat of Imam Ali (a.s)...

First we will look into taqayya..
Uptill now...ure knowledge says that it was an "invention" much later after the prophet (s.a.w)...this is wrong...
For a fact, i would just like to let u know that for the lovers of Ahle Bayt (a.s), the quran is hujjat on us and no body can contradict whats written in the quran...and the quran u believe and the quran we believe is da same...whoever says otherwise is a lier....

taqayya as u know can only be donw when there is fear of loss of life respect etc...and its da last option...here is wat quran says:

"Anyone who after accepting faith in Allah utters unbelief except under compulsion his heart remaining firm in faith but such as open their breast to unbelief on them is Wrath from Allah and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty"
Surah An-Nahal, verse 106 transliteration by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

ihope this clarifies to u that the roots of taqayya are there in quran as well...but can only be used in worst conditions...

since there is no fear of any shia's life or respect etc, please dont accuse us here of doing taqayyah...

secondly the khilafat..
what difference does it make if the khilafat of Imam Ali (a.s) is 1st or the 4th??

well it does make a difference when there are things done by the early rashidite caliph which were against the rulings of the Prophet (s.a.w)....and thus going against the sunnah....and example is "bringing back marwan bin hakam by Uthman and awarding him the position of governer of madina when everybody knows that his family was exiled by the Prophet (s.a.w)"....do u think a person who is exiled by the prophet (s.a.w) shud be given a respectable postion in society??

inshallah if u want to discuss this topic in detail we can do so..

about the story of the door u heard....it si better if u confirm such stuff from a very famous source....just a mere word by a layman cannot be considered hujjah.....u shud not judge a religion by its people...u shud better judge us by our scholars...

Assalamu Alaikum

I understand Taqqiya, and the Ayah you gave is relevant. Alhamduillah.

SubhanAllah.. I havent accused anybody of doing this, I brought it up to put it out there that if some people hold these beliefs, they might hide them from people.

Are there further examples of the Rashidun Khilafah(RadiAllahuAnhum) going against the Sunnah? The example that you stated, I am unfamilar with, could you provide me with external information to help further my understanding? In regards to Uthman(RadiAllahuAnhu):

Abu Huraira(RAA) reported Allah's Apostle (SAWS) as saying: "The servant (who conceals) the faults of others in this world, Allah would conceal his faults on the Day of Resurrection".  (Sahih Muslim--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=032&translator=2&start=0&number=6267 - #032 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=032&translator=2&start=0&number=6267#6267 - #6267 )

May we be vigilant in the Reminder,Ameen.

In regards to the "door" story..Its just an example I wanted to share with people.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 4:12pm

dear br Talib_Asadullah

Brother Talib; Salaam: I need to put my two cents in here please excuse me for a sec...

asda....You are in our home (Let me remind you IC is Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamah's site ) you aught to learn some manners before brushing aside... or I forgot if any one who doesn't have respect for the Sahabas who were fathers in law and son in law of the Prophet(s) besides ....how could I expect any better ...
In debate  either answer or you loose by default ...
Others may have some comments about what you say my man....
So don't get too uptight and know it all ....

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

dear br Talib_Asadullah

Brother Talib; Salaam: I need to put my two cents in here please excuse me for a sec...

asda....You are in our home (Let me remind you IC is Ahle Sunnah Wal Jamah's site ) you aught to learn some manners before brushing aside... or I forgot if any one who doesn't have respect for the Sahabas who were fathers in law and son in law of the Prophet(s) besides ....how could I expect any better ...
In debate  either answer or you loose by default ...
Others may have some comments about what you say my man....
So don't get too uptight and know it all ....

Wa Alaikum Salam

Alhamduillah,You dont have to ask me for premission to speak brother/sister! This discussion is open to anyone, your opinion holds just as much weight as mine.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 5:35pm

dear br Talib_Asadullah

When we are in good terms at this discussion, why do you wish those questions to be ignored ?  Did you find any such word which may seem Anti-shiate ? Those answers may clear many of the misconceptions between us. Okay, if you don't want to answer -- Other two member Yahya and Hussain, may answer it.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 14 January 2009 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by hossain hossain wrote:

about the doors of the Kaba opening... yea, thats another myth lol sorry to burst ur bubble lool jkkkkk

but here is why the split occurred: Before the Prophet passed away he asked for a piece of paper so he could write down that Imam Ali is to rule after him. But Abu Bakr said that there was no need and that he was delusional and not feeling well. The thing is, the prophet declares the word of Allah. Just to say that the Prophet was delusional or that he wasnt feeling well enough to know what he was saying... astaghfurallah. you see how this came about?

Assalamu Alaikum.

Its not that I consider it a myth or not, this is just what a She'ee told me.

In regards to the will...

Narrated Al-Aswad(RAA): In the presence of 'Aisha(RAA) some people mentioned that the Prophet(SAWS) had appointed 'Ali(RAA) by will as his successor. 'Aisha(RAA) said, "When did he(SAWS) appoint him(RAA) by will? Verily when he(SAWS) died he(SAWS) was resting against my chest (or said: in my lap) and he(SAWS) asked for a wash-basin and then collapsed while in that state, and I could not even perceive that he(SAWS) had died, so when did he(SAWS) appoint him by will?"  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=51&translator=1&start=0&number=4 - #51 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=51&translator=1&start=0&number=4#4 - #4 )

Narrated Al-Aswad(RAA): It was mentioned in the presence of 'Aisha(RAA) that the Prophet had appointed 'Ali(RAA) as successor by will. Thereupon she said, "Who said so? I saw the Prophet, while I was supporting him against my chest. He asked for a tray, and then fell on one side and expired, and I did not feel it. So how (do the people say) he appointed 'Ali as his successor?"  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=59&translator=1&start=0&number=736 - #59 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=59&translator=1&start=0&number=736#736 - #736 )

Narrated Talha(RAA): I asked 'Abdullah bin Abi 'Aufa(RAA), "Did the Prophet(SAWS) make a will (to appoint his successor or bequeath wealth)?" He replied, "No." I said, "How is it prescribed then for the people to make wills, and they are ordered to do so while the Prophet did not make any will?" He said, "He made a will wherein he recommended Allah's Book."  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=61&translator=1&start=0&number=540 - #61 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=61&translator=1&start=0&number=540#540 - #540 )

Hadith about Abu Bakr(RAA)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin Muhammad(RAA): 'Aisha said, "O my head!" Allah's Apostle(SAWS) said, "If that (i.e., your death) should happen while I am still alive, I would ask Allah to forgive you and would invoke Allah for you." 'Aisha said, "O my life which is going to be lost! By Allah, I think that you wish for my death, and if that should happen then you would be busy enjoying the company of one of your wives in the last part of that day." The Prophet said, "But I should say, 'O my head!' I feel like calling Abu Bakr and his son and appoint (the former as my successors lest people should say something or wish for something. Allah will insist (on Abu Bakr becoming a Caliph) and the believers will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate)," or "..Allah will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate) and the believers will insist (on Abu Bakr becoming the Caliph)."  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=89&translator=1&start=0&number=324 - #89 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=89&translator=1&start=0&number=324#324 - #324 )

A good Hadith about Umar(RAA)

Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun(RAA): I saw 'Umar bin Al-Khattab a few days before he was stabbed in Medina. He was standing with Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman and 'Uthman bin Hunaif to whom he said, "What have you done? Do you think that you have imposed more taxation on the land (of As-Swad i.e. 'Iraq) than it can bear?" They replied, "We have imposed on it what it can bear because of its great yield." 'Umar again said, "Check whether you have imposed on the land what it can not bear." They said, "No, (we haven't)." 'Umar added, "If Allah should keep me alive I will let the widows of Iraq need no men to support them after me." But only four days had elapsed when he was stabbed (to death ). The day he was stabbed, I was standing and there was nobody between me and him (i.e. Umar) except Abdullah bin 'Abbas. Whenever Umar passed between the two rows, he would say, "Stand in straight lines." When he saw no defect (in the rows), he would go forward and start the prayer with Takbir. He would recite Surat Yusuf or An-Nahl or the like in the first Rak'a so that the people may have the time to Join the prayer. As soon as he said Takbir, I heard him saying, "The dog has killed or eaten me," at the time he (i.e. the murderer) stabbed him. A non-Arab infidel proceeded on carrying a double-edged knife and stabbing all the persons he passed by on the right and left (till) he stabbed thirteen persons out of whom seven died. When one of the Muslims saw that, he threw a cloak on him. Realizing that he had been captured, the non-Arab infidel killed himself, 'Umar held the hand of 'Abdur-Rahman bin Auf and let him lead the prayer. Those who were standing by the side of 'Umar saw what I saw, but the people who were in the other parts of the Mosque did not see anything, but they lost the voice of 'Umar and they were saying, "Subhan Allah! Subhan Allah! (i.e. Glorified be Allah)." Abdur-Rahman bin Auf led the people a short prayer. When they finished the prayer, 'Umar said, "O Ibn 'Abbas! Find out who attacked me." Ibn 'Abbas kept on looking here and there for a short time and came to say. "The slave of Al Mughira." On that 'Umar said, "The craftsman?" Ibn 'Abbas said, "Yes." 'Umar said, "May Allah curse him. I did not treat him unjustly. All the Praises are for Allah Who has not caused me to die at the hand of a man who claims himself to be a Muslim. No doubt, you and your father (Abbas) used to love to have more non-Arab infidels in Medina." Al-Abbas had the greatest number of slaves. Ibn 'Abbas said to 'Umar. "If you wish, we will do." He meant, "If you wish we will kill them." 'Umar said, "You are mistaken (for you can't kill them) after they have spoken your language, prayed towards your Qibla, and performed Hajj like yours." Then Umar was carried to his house, and we went along with him, and the people were as if they had never suffered a calamity before. Some said, "Do not worry (he will be Alright soon)." Some said, "We are afraid (that he will die)." Then an infusion of dates was brought to him and he drank it but it came out (of the wound) of his belly. Then milk was brought to him and he drank it, and it also came out of his belly. The people realized that he would die. We went to him, and the people came, praising him. A young man came saying, "O chief of the believers! Receive the glad tidings from Allah to you due to your company with Allah's Apostle and your superiority in Islam which you know. Then you became the ruler (i.e. Caliph) and you ruled with justice and finally you have been martyred." 'Umar said, "I wish that all these privileges will counterbalance (my shortcomings) so that I will neither lose nor gain anything." When the young man turned back to leave, his clothes seemed to be touching the ground. 'Umar said, "Call the young man back to me." (When he came back) 'Umar said, "O son of my brother! Lift your clothes, for this will keep your clothes clean and save you from the Punishment of your Lord." 'Umar further said, "O 'Abdullah bin 'Umar! See how much I am in debt to others." When the debt was checked, it amounted to approximately eighty-six thousand. 'Umar said, "If the property of 'Umar's family covers the debt, then pay the debt thereof; otherwise request it from Bani 'Adi bin Ka'b, and if that too is not sufficient, ask for it from Quraish tribe, and do not ask for it from any one else, and pay this debt on my behalf." 'Umar then said (to 'Abdullah), "Go to 'Aisha (the mother of the believers) and say: "Umar is paying his salutation to you. But don't say: 'The chief of the believers,' because today I am not the chief of the believers. And say: "Umar bin Al-Khattab asks the permission to be buried with his two companions (i.e. the Prophet, and Abu Bakr)." Abdullah greeted 'Aisha and asked for the permission for entering, and then entered to her and found her sitting and weeping. He said to her, "'Umar bin Al-Khattab is paying his salutations to you, and asks the permission to be buried with his two companions." She said, "I had the idea of having this place for myself, but today I prefer Umar to myself." When he returned it was said (to 'Umar), "'Abdullah bin 'Umar has come." 'Umar said, "Make me sit up." Somebody supported him against his body and 'Umar asked ('Abdullah), "What news do you have?" He said, "O chief of the believers! It is as you wish. She has given the permission." 'Umar said, "Praise be to Allah, there was nothing more important to me than this. So when I die, take me, and greet 'Aisha and say: "Umar bin Al-Khattab asks the permission (to be buried with the Prophet ), and if she gives the permission, bury me there, and if she refuses, then take me to the grave-yard of the Muslims." Then Hafsa (the mother of the believers) came with many other women walking with her. When we saw her, we went away. She went in (to 'Umar) and wept there for sometime. When the men asked for permission to enter, she went into another place, and we heard her weeping inside. The people said (to 'Umar), "O chief of the believers! Appoint a successor." Umar said, "I do not find anyone more suitable for the job than the following persons or group whom Allah's Apostle had been pleased with before he died." Then 'Umar mentioned 'Ali, 'Uthman, AzZubair, Talha, Sad and 'Abdur-Rahman (bin Auf) and said, "Abdullah bin 'Umar will be a witness to you, but he will have no share in the rule. His being a witness will compensate him for not sharing the right of ruling. If Sad becomes the ruler, it will be alright: otherwise, whoever becomes the ruler should seek his help, as I have not dismissed him because of disability or dishonesty." 'Umar added, "I recommend that my successor takes care of the early emigrants; to know their rights and protect their honor and sacred things. I also recommend that he be kind to the Ansar who had lived in Medina before the emigrants and Belief had entered their hearts before them. I recommend that the (ruler) should accept the good of the righteous among them and excuse their wrong-doers, and I recommend that he should do good to all the people of the towns (Al-Ansar), as they are the protectors of Islam and the source of wealth and the source of annoyance to the enemy. I also recommend that nothing be taken from them except from their surplus with their consent. I also recommend that he do good to the 'Arab bedouin, as they are the origin of the 'Arabs and the material of Islam. He should take from what is inferior, amongst their properties and distribute that to the poor amongst them. I also recommend him concerning Allah's and His Apostle's protectees (i.e. Dhimmis) to fulfill their contracts and to fight for them and not to overburden them with what is beyond their ability." So when 'Umar expired, we carried him out and set out walking. 'Abdullah bin 'Umar greeted ('Aisha) and said, "'Umar bin Al-Khattab asks for the permission." 'Aisha said, "Bring him in." He was brought in and buried beside his two companions. When he was buried, the group (recommended by 'Umar) held a meeting. Then 'Abdur-Rahman said, " Reduce the candidates for rulership to three of you." Az-Zubair said, "I give up my right to Ali." Talha said, "I give up my right to 'Uthman," Sad, 'I give up my right to 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf." 'Abdur-Rahman then said (to 'Uthman and 'Ali), "Now which of you is willing to give up his right of candidacy to that he may choose the better of the (remaining) two, bearing in mind that Allah and Islam will be his witnesses." So both the sheiks (i.e. 'Uthman and 'Ali) kept silent. 'Abdur-Rahman said, "Will you both leave this matter to me, and I take Allah as my Witness that I will not choose but the better of you?" They said, "Yes." So 'Abdur-Rahman took the hand of one of them (i.e. 'Ali) and said, "You are related to Allah's Apostle and one of the earliest Muslims as you know well. So I ask you by Allah to promise that if I select you as a ruler you will do justice, and if I select 'Uthman as a ruler you will listen to him and obey him." Then he took the other (i.e. 'Uthman) aside and said the same to him. When 'Abdur-Rahman secured (their agreement to) this covenant, he said, "O 'Uthman! Raise your hand." So he (i.e. 'Abdur-Rahman) gave him (i.e. 'Uthman) the solemn pledge, and then 'Ali gave him the pledge of allegiance and then all the (Medina) people gave him the pledge of allegiance.  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=57&translator=1&start=0&number=50 - #57 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=57&translator=1&start=0&number=50#50 - #50 )

Umar's(RAA) opinion about Khilafah

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar(RAA): It was said to 'Umar(RAA), "Will you appoint your successor?" Umar said, "If I appoint a Caliph (as my successor) it is true that somebody who was better than I (i.e., Abu Bakr) did so, and if I leave the matter undecided, it is true that somebody who was better than I (i.e., Allah's Apostle) did so." On this, the people praised him. 'Umar said, "People are of two kinds: Either one who is keen to take over the Caliphate or one who is afraid of assuming such a responsibility. I wish I could be free from its responsibility in that I would receive neither reward nor retribution I won't bear the burden of the caliphate in my death as I do in my life."  (Sahih Bukhari--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=89&translator=1&start=0&number=325 - #89 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=89&translator=1&start=0&number=325#325 - #325 )

Alhamduillah

Do any of these hold any weight with the Shia???

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 16 January 2009 at 10:53am
Assalamu Alaikum

Narrated AbuHurayrah(RAA): The Prophet (SAWS) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects.  (Sunan Abu Dawud--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=40&translator=3&start=0&number=4579 - #40 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=40&translator=3&start=0&number=4579#4579 - #4579 )

Narrated AbuDharr(RAA): The Prophet (SAWS) said: He who separates from the community within a span takes off the noose of Islam from his neck.
(Sunan Abu Dawud--Book http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=40&translator=3&start=0&number=4740 - #40 , Hadith http://www.searchtruth.com/book_display.php?book=40&translator=3&start=0&number=4740#4740 - #4740 )

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 16 January 2009 at 12:32pm
dear br Talib_Asadullah

wa'alikumassalam.
hope you are in the best of health...
there are few more examples i can provide...but lets go step by step..

you can read about the exile of marwan and his father hakam in the following book:
http://books.google.com/books?id=76qNufWWDPoC&pg=PA133&dq=hakam+prophet+exile#PPA133,M1

even though the 1st two caliphs were not convinced to bring him back, but still uthman went on to persue his words....thus this is not a fair deal...

just to let u know, the family of hakam was exiled because hakam mimicked the way the Prophet (s.a.w) walked and mocked the Prophet (a.s)....do u think a person who has lived under training of such a person shud be given a high position in society???
this is just one example..

surly the faults which does not effect the society shud be conceled...but imagine this......if someone you know dint have a good behavior....and the next day u see him teaching morals to his students...isnt it ure responisbilty to warn his students because he might be teaching them wrong...hope you get what i am trying to say.....

regarding the will of Prophet (s.a.w)...it is not that the Prophet (s.a.w) dint want to write a will, but he was not allowed to write a will:

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 573:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When Allah's Apostle was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/070.sbt.html

br.seekshidayath
when i said dat, i meant dat for this person sign*reader...surly this board is not anti-shia..others on this board are well respectful and open to views...and i thank u all on that...on ure insist...i will answer those questions inshallah soon....just give me a bit of time..as i am also preparing for my xams...

i request br hossain and br myahya to leave that on me...

regards
asda

Date Posted: 16 January 2009 at 5:42pm

dear br Talib_Asadullah

wa'alikumassalam.
hope you are in the best of health...
there are few more examples i can provide...but lets go step by step..

regarding the will of Prophet (s.a.w)...it is not that the Prophet (s.a.w) dint want to write a will, but he was not allowed to write a will:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

When Allah's Apostle was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/070.sbt.html

Assalamu Alaikum

The question is.. How do we know what he(SAWS) would write? Do we know that he(SAWS) would even be informing us through this statement who the Khilafah would be? From the hadith, it can be deduced that he(SAWS) wasnt allowed to write, but it was through the annoyance of the people that he(SAWS) decided not to! This is all conjecture because it never transpired.

Allah knows best

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 7:32am
wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray:
"Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray."
in short something was important in his sunnah which he wanted to write there.....

but wat is the reply he got:
you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us.

is this statement ever said by the Prophet (a.s) that the quran is enough for you...does his sunnah hav no importance???

and if quran was enough, why was there so much discord among the ummah after his death??

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 11:08am

wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray.....

The Prophet was not allowed to write his will? Who would not allow him to do that? He was a Prophet, remember? And all his companions stuck to his every single word and command. They didnt take his wishes/commands lightly. Please use your words carefully.

What a ridiculous conspiracy theory - sounds like a muslim version of the Da Vinci Code. You are suggesting that the Companions were conspiring against Prophet Muhammad, and prevented him from doing something he wanted to - which changed the course of Islam as we know it? Ermm

The burden of conveying Islam, and preserving it, is a responsibility Allah took upon Himself. Had the making of a 'will' been an important tenent of Islam, that would have preserved it, Allah would have made sure it was stated clearly and established.

Also, unlike other religions/systems - Islam does not support the idea, that authority and power is transferred through genes or family name. Which is why Prophet Muhammad had no successor - apart from the muslim ummah itself.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 12:05pm

wa'alaikumassalam

yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray:
in short something was important in his sunnah which he wanted to write there.....

is this statement ever said by the Prophet (a.s) that the quran is enough for you...does his sunnah hav no importance???

and if quran was enough, why was there so much discord among the ummah after his death??

Assalamu Alaikum...So the question I would ask is..Who has gone astray???

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 17 January 2009 at 10:33pm

wa'alaikumassalam

I can't help but comment...............
While each and every Muslim knows the Prophet (saw) could not  read or write making it  a moot point .....
The discord was due to the Koofan Fitna who cheered Hussain (r) on for a clash with the state knowing fully well the outcome but still let it happen....
Then use the lunar month to do the lamentation and flagellation way illogical to get same thing like the Ramadan! The death day and birthdays have to go by solar system only...Not that it is going to effect the change any time soon but I thought to point it out the utter ignorance of the masses and also their retarded greedy leaders....
Look at the death certificate if you have one handy what calender do you see!

We have so much discord in the world due to the Jooish claim of the only chosen people plus the lament of the holocaust making the whole world hostage.... while knowing the fact the Nazis who killed the Jooz are also dead but they continue to extract more mileage by teaching holocaust guilt in American schools who weren't even involved in the Jooz killings by a long shot... What sense does it make to continue belly aching about the sahabas ....they did this and they did that analogous to the Joowish thinking.........A continuous Fitna...It is backbiting the dead people I think by the time you get to the judgment day there will be hardly any good works left on your record to show to Allah swt... so do astaghfar for all the bad mouthing pronto.... you know what I mean and take it easy.........

-------------

Date Posted: 18 January 2009 at 9:44am
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah, I agree about the badmouthing part.

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 19 January 2009 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

wa'alaikumassalam yes we dont know wat he wanted to write....but the point is y wasnt he allowed to write his will....there is one fact all of us shud accept here....i.e whatever he wanted to write, was something very important...and following to that, there wud hav been no one who wud hav gone astray.....

The Prophet was not allowed to write his will? Who would not allow him to do that? He was a Prophet, remember? And all his companions stuck to his every single word and command. They didnt take his wishes/commands lightly. Please use your words carefully.

What a ridiculous conspiracy theory - sounds like a muslim version of the Da Vinci Code. You are suggesting that the Companions were conspiring against Prophet Muhammad, and prevented him from doing something he wanted to - which changed the course of Islam as we know it? [IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley24.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Ermm" />

The burden of conveying Islam, and preserving it, is a responsibility Allah took upon Himself. Had the making of a 'will' been an important tenent of Islam, that would have preserved it, Allah would have made sure it was stated clearly and established.

Also, unlike other religions/systems - Islam does not support the idea, that authority and power is transferred through genes or family name. Which is why Prophet Muhammad had no successor - apart from the muslim ummah itself.

conspiracy theory???
okay fine....imagine this....if you would have been there, and the Prophet (s.a.w) was asking for pen and paper....what would you do, reject his wishes??? or quikly follow his orders??? please let me know...

are you trying to tell me that the Prophet (s.a.w)'s writing was not important??? remember that the Prophet (s.a.w) was on his death bed....and surly not feeling well...in this condition he wants to write something which will prevent people from going astray...look at the importance given by Prophet (s.a.w) to this...the people who prevented him to write whatever he wanted to, y do u think they did so....did they not read the quran where Allah (s.w.t) has repeatedly said:

Surah al Maidah verse 92 "Obey Allah and Obey his Prophet and worry, and be warned that the Prophet's duty is only to deliver the message clearly"

Surah Mujadilah verses 12-13 "Perform Salat (Prayer), give Zakat and Obey Allah and his Prophet"

and for a fact, Allah (s.w.t) orders them not to take his orders lightly:

Surah Anfal verse 20: "O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and turn not away from him when ye hear (him speak)."

Surah Hashr verse 7 "And whatsoever the messenger giveth you, take it. And whatsoever he forbiddeth, abstain (from it). And keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is stern in reprisal."

are you trying to tell me the people who were around the Prophet (s.a.w) dint have knowledge of quran??? i am sure its not like that....they were tought Quran by the Best teacher of quran on earth....how can they forget all this...

Quote Islam does not support the idea, that authority and power is transferred through genes or family name.

i agree with ure point expressed above....

Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum...So the question I would ask is..Who has gone astray???

before moving on to the consequences, it would be better if we would analyse this event thoroughly....the people actually quarelled in front of the Prophet (s.a.w) when Allah (s.w.t) had clearly said:

Surah Anfal verse 46 "And obey Allah and His Messenger and do not quarrel."

and all the disputes were to be solved on the orders of the Prophet (s.a.w), y not this one:

Surah Nisa verse 59 "O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination."

y is it that Umar made a claim that " the Book of Allah is enough for us." when the Rasulullah (s.a.w) had clearly stated �I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.�
Sahih Al-Bukhari hadith 1623, 1626, 6361; Sahih Muslim hadith number 98; al-Tirmidhi hadith nos. 1628, 2046, 2085; Ahmed bin Hanbal in his Masnud, hadith no. 19774. Please look up the actual Arabic wording for yourselves.

doesnt all of this show that the Prophet (s.a.w) feared the People would go astray???

I can't help but comment...............While each and every Muslim knows the Prophet (saw) could not read or write making it a moot point .....

I am really sad to read your comment on rasulullah...if the Prophet (s.a.w) dint know how to read and write, WHY WAS HE ASKING FOR PEN AND PAPER???
okay fine...lets suppose he dint know how to read and write (maazallah) dont u agree that somebody shud hav brought it to him so that he could relate whatever he (s.a.w) wanted to...
okay...i ask u the same question, what would u do if u were ordered by the Prophet (s.a.w) to bring pen and paper??? would u remind him that he does not know how to read and write or u would follow his (a.s)'s orders???

Then use the lunar month to do the lamentation and flagellation way illogical to get same thing like the Ramadan! The death day and birthdays have to go by solar system only...Not that it is going to effect the change any time soon but I thought to point it out the utter ignorance of the masses and also their retarded greedy leaders....
Look at the death certificate if you have one handy what calender do you see!

please dont try to stray away from the topic...if u want to adress any of the above issues u can open a new thread and debate with me on this...inshallah this will be adressed..

It is backbiting the dead people I think by the time you get to the judgment day there will be hardly any good works left on your record to show to Allah swt... so do astaghfar for all the bad mouthing pronto.... you know what I mean and take it easy.........

if "this" is called "backbiting" on the deads then this form of "backbiting" is the sunnah of Allah (s.w.t)...dont you read the story of qarun in quran?? dont you read what Allah (s.w.t) has said about abu lahab??? havent you read the varios mistakes commited by the people who disobeyed the Prophets (May Peace and belessings be on all of them)....I just fear that you would be counted among them....

Date Posted: 19 January 2009 at 12:03pm
okay..since i dont have a lot of time in the next few days..i will be replying this..i will try to keep my reples shoort.....my answers are given in green below:

The title should be Shia and Muslims due to the following reasons:Every child born is� born on fitrah i.e., Muslim and it the parent that gives him his� religion or the absence of it....
it is sad that u see religion as a form of inheiritence...atleast this is not true from where i see it...

Three progenitors of the three main line religions!We say they were supposed to be Muslims but Judeo /Christen got the currency! Why cuz people put bunch of nonsense into it based on their egos and ignorance or the influence of sect originators! Look at the verities of Judaism! Judaism it was supposed to be Islam...OK that is asking too much...But then� Orthodox has God in it; Conservative may be; but what is this the Reformed wow the God is history so is judgment day and it is good enough to be the Jews... meaning the Hebrews... meaning children of Abraham...And they want all the goodies here and now so go after the world .Do you see the picture?
  • Musa(a) was born and let go into the river/removal of the father figure from the scene who could be detrimental to his mental growth being in bondage you know that!
What we gonna do about Nazarenes; or so called Christians after a few centuries they took a completely a new tack they merged the "Passion of Christ " that blood and gore ....and merged with the Roman trinitarianism, RC and Lutheranism, Baptist ism and Mormonism and hundreds other ism all based on crucifixion that was an allusion made to look that actually didn't happen!�
again it is odd that you see the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) as some people who made up whatever they liked...well for a fact i can say and prove this about u...being in the majority does not make you normal or orignal...because what matters in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) is the truth and not the majority...

• Jesus(a) was conceived by the word being delivered to Murrium and born without a father cuz there were no father figure fit for the boy Jesus amongst the mammon worshiping Jews of his time and also a birth without father was to be shock to the smart aleci Jews!
  • Muhammad(s)'s was conceived and his father was taken before his birth and his nurturing escaped the father's pagan influence then he got the revelation at age he was given the Quran and he got the confirmation that he was all along a Muslim but now had an added responsibility of telling others to revert to the nature of being a Muslim in totality than anything else. All those who accepted his call reverted back to being a Muslim cuz they( adult friend Abu Bakr(r); Khatija(r) knew his life style /SUNNAH and believed his Kalimah" There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger! Of course rest in the house hold Zayd and young Ali(r)�
Now the Jews say they want the preference over the world and want Palestine to themselves� cuz they are related in blood with Abraham(a).The Christians claim redemption cuz Jesus(a) got crucified and the Shiane Ali claim both their claim being related and cuz Hussain(r) got killed at Karbala and that land became a holy land that shiiTs carry even to Kabbah for their prayers! Just Imagine the dirt of Karbala taking preference than Haram Sharifs!
This is another Tohmat...the Land of Karbala has its own virue, but comparing it to the Land of Makkah is just ubsurd....The land of Makkah where the Prophet (s.a.w) lived, where Imam Ali (a.s) was born and the biggest of all, the Holy Kaabah is place there cant take prefference above any land...infact it is the goveremnt of saudi which has made hajj trips a problem for us(specially) and the rest of the world by making it expencive widout any reason...its just a time like the jaahils of makkah before the Prophet (s.a.w) used the month of zill hijjah to gain money..thats it...

• Who established these innovations for them when the laws of Islam were already set?
    Are you talking about mourning of Imam Hussain (a.s)?? this is surly not an innovation and the Prophet (s.a.w) has been reported to cry when he heard how his (s.a.w) grandson (a.s) would be killed....okay..even if i imagine that this is an innovation, where do u think the sentence you say before fajar (assalatu khairum minan nawm) came?? was this said during the time of the Prophet (s.a.w)??? i will be waiting for ure answer!!

• Is this Islam of the Prophet?

if protesting against evil not part islam of Prophet (s.a.w) then i would request u to read about islam again...and one of the biggest aim which is achieved by comomorating the death of Imam Hussain (a.s) is that it is an easier medium for scholars to teach the ummah as a major part of the lectures are given to it...and second is unity and another is the feeling to die in the cause of Islam....it is due to all these reasons the anti-shia in iraq/pakistan bomb our holy sites.....they surly know the dangers of letting us continue this...if there was nothing good achieved, y do u thing they like bombing our holy sites??...if they thing we r wronged, then leave us aside...y create a fuss...
  • So where did this Shii thing came from?

i can ask you the same question...where did the ahluss sunnah wal jamaat come from....we are all muslims....so wats the issue....its just that after the Prophet (s.a.w) died, people who followed abu bakr as a caliph were called sunnis and people who remained with the Ahlel Bayt (a.s) were called shias of Imam Ali (a.s) (followers of Imam Ali (a.s))...actually the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) are the people who obeyed the words of Prophet (s.a.w) when he said:
"I am leaving you two weighty things, if you follow them you will never go astray, they are the Qur'an and my Ahlul'bayt".
They include people like H. Bilal (a.s), H. Ammar e Yassir (a.s), H Abu Zarr e Ghiffari (a.s), H Malik e Ashtar (a.s) and so on....

• Where did this addition to Kalima Ali waliullah come from?

i can ask u da same question:

Can you locate the Kalima Tayyiba recited by Sunni 'There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger' from the Holy Qur'an. By this we don't mean joining up verses we are asking you to show us this Kalima as a single complete sentence from the Qur'an.

another question i would like to ask is :

Can you show us any single Hadeeth wherein Rasulullah (s) said that this Kalima was fixed and that no one was allowed to make any additions to it?

infact we also see here that changes were lawfully made to the duas of the Prophet (s.a.w) since there is no law which objects it:
We read in Saheeh Muslim Book of Pilgrimage 007 Hadeeth Numbers 2667 and 2668 as follows:

'Abdullah b. 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered upon the state of Ihram near the mosque at Dhu'l-Hulaifa as his camel stood by it and he said: Here I am at Thy service, O Lord; here I am at Thy service: here I am at Thy service. There is no associate with Thee. Here I am at Thy service. All praise and grace is due to Thee and the sovereignty (too). There is no associate with Thee. They (the people) said that 'Abdullah b. 'Umar said that that was the Talbiya of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Nafi' said: 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) made this addition to it: Here I am at Thy service; here I am at Thy service; ready to obey Thee. The Good is in Thy Hand. Here I am at Thy service. Unto Thee is the petition and deed (is also for Thee).

• Did Ali(r) ask this to be coined?

if u do further research on this, you would come to know that this was even said in front of Imam Ali (a.s) and he did not refuse it.. for details please read "Shawahid un Nubuwwa, by Abdul Rehman Jami, Page 286 & 287"

• I personally have no problem with that but if we consider him waliullah why wasn't he forewarned by Allah about the attack of the assassin?
    everything happens to according to will of Allah (s.w.t), then y doesnt Allah (s.w.t) make everybody muslims so that there is no evil???...well well...some of the questions u hav posted are absurd...If Allah (s.w.t) would have wished to save Imam Ali (a.s) from the attack he would have...but He (s.w.t) willed Martydom for Imam Ali (a.s)...one of the highest position...and surly there are reports that suggest that Imam ALi (a.s) wished he would be a martyr and give his life for Allah (s.w.t)...

As we all know Prophet(s) was warned about his assassination plot and he made plans to migrate with his bud Abu Bakr(r)
  • When he accepted to be the Caliph did people read the revised Kalima?

i think this is another irrelevent question....it has already been adressed above...over here no one is denying the impotance of kalime...but due to lack of time..i dont have enuf time to explain it to u....if u ponder over the points i hav given above..u will understand what i am trying to say...

• What is difference of the Passion flagellation between Shiias & RCatholics!

what is the difference between those rock concerts and some sunnis dancing to naats in mosques (i am sorry if i have offended anybody...there were reasons y i wanted to avoid answering him...or the way he wrote his question which u can see now)....okay i will make it more polite...what is the difference between reading the quran while the jews and the christians read and follow their holy book in the same way....WILL U STOP READING THE QURAN FROM TOMORROW!!!!! if some act resembles any other religion shud we stop doing it???...charity is an act done by jews and christians as well...will u stop doing that from tomorrow and say that its an act done be non-muslims????
it is better if u dont analyse what goes on in muharram because i am sure u have never attended our musques and heard any lectures...therefore it wouldnt be good to judge something from far away...

• Isn't this similar to what the RCs in third world do and don't forget the Passion of the Christ stuff still raging on RCs minds while at the same time that blood of Christ has commuted their sins slate clean! Does that make any sense?

already answered above...

• Hussan(r) abdicated but Hussain(r) decided to throw the gauntlet to the state forces....Was he in a different or stronger position than his elder brother?

thats the difference between you and me....when rasulullah (s.w.t) made peace with the kuffar of makkah, was he weak then?? did u forget badr...Islam is a religion of peace....and if u dont know, war was thrown at Imam Hussain (a.s)...and it was not his choice....an evidence of this is that he 72 followers...he(a.s) was forced to fight a war...and Imam Hassan (a.s) even though could have fought, but since he had a choice, like rasulullah(s.a.w) he made peace...

• Then you go further down the road and followers of Imam Ismael split from the mainline after Jafar as Sadiq refused to delegate Imamat ...How do you explain that if Jafar thought his first born was no good why did they let them Ismaelis getaway and start their own brand ?

Imamat is not inheiritence....nor a status to be set in a family...Its just that Allah (s.w.t) wantedet like that...but sadly some people (ismaailees) thot otherwise and had a belief that Imamat was given on inheiritence...thus this split came up....

• Isn't obvious these sectarian Twelvers or Seveners or any of the free lancers bunch different self styled saint branching were based on the Tribal/political followings than the true spirit of Islam as preached by the Prophet(s)?

nope...infact the ahluss sunnah had all the political support since they were the on the rulers seat and supported the ismaelees to thrive against the twelvers...i would point out ure type of language which i have ignored...

i would also like to add that politics is a base of ure system of khilafat...not ours....so please look into ure corner b4 pointing out..

You have Alavites ruling over Syria cuz the west would not allow a Muslim majority take the reigns of power!
so are u telling me that the majority of muslim states are ruled by non-muslims..which world do u live in...no offence, but the west has always preffered a sunni goverment over a shii one...and dats evident in history..

And you know these Ismaeils have� a weird ism and their religion is business based! Almost like the Jews!I hope some one can come up with the answers!
whatever the ismaeelees do is not our responsibility...they are a different sect...and for i believe that they are wronged...but it is wrong to judge what their religion is based on...

I am sorry I posed too many of them.............

i hope i have satisfactorily answered every single question of ures...if any of u want a further discussion on this i wud prefer having a discussion in a seperate thread where we can discuss each topic in detail...many topics in one thread is just going to make things complicated..and hard for each other to understand

regards
Asda

Date Posted: 19 January 2009 at 11:58pm

conspiracy theory???
okay fine....imagine this....if you would have been there, and the Prophet (s.a.w) was asking for pen and paper....what would you do, reject his wishes??? or quikly follow his orders??? please let me know...

are you trying to tell me that the Prophet (s.a.w)'s writing was not important??? remember that the Prophet (s.a.w) was on his death bed....and surly not feeling well...in this condition he wants to write something which will prevent people from going astray...look at the importance given by Prophet (s.a.w) to this...the people who prevented him to write whatever he wanted to, y do u think they did so....did they not read the quran where Allah (s.w.t) has repeatedly said:

are you trying to tell me the people who were around the Prophet (s.a.w) dint have knowledge of quran??? i am sure its not like that....they were tought Quran by the Best teacher of quran on earth....how can they forget all this...

1. The Companions of the Prophet, especially his near and dear ones, would never reject his wishes. You would know that if you had read ahadith, but then ofcourse, you reject most of them anyway.

2. Like you said yourself, the companions were taught by the best teacher of Quran, and learnt by his example, therefore they would know the importance of obeying his wishes, and be aware of the Quranic injunctions stressing on obeying the Prophet - thus would never ever disobey him.

3. Again, nobody prevented the Prophet from doing anything. The Prophet couldnt write in the first place. I highly doubt your consipiracy theory, but I shall go back in the thread and see which hadith you base this claim of yours on (prevention of writing the 'will') since I have not followed it from the start, because a lot of talk here gets on my nerves.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:44am

it is sad that u see religion as a form of inheiritence...atleast this is not true from where i see it...

WHat do you call these twelvers and Seveners, How did they get the immamats? Dad to son ? or some others way!
Man YOU lost It right here!

again it is odd that you see the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) as some people who made up whatever they liked...well for a fact i can say and prove this about u...being in the majority does not make you normal or orignal...because what matters in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) is the truth and not the majority...

I never said that majority is normal particularly when they are in bondage!
You have seen it in Gaza.......

This is another Tohmat...the Land of Karbala has its own virue, but comparing it to the Land of Makkah is just ubsurd....The land of Makkah where the Prophet (s.a.w) lived, where Imam Ali (a.s) was born and the biggest of all, the Holy Kaabah is place there cant take prefference above any land...infact it is the goveremnt of saudi which has made hajj trips a problem for us(specially) and the rest of the world by making it expencive widout any reason...its just a time like the jaahils of makkah before the Prophet (s.a.w) used the month of zill hijjah to gain money..thats it...

I am not advocating for Saudis and  never will.......
You need to visit Harm shareef and see it yourself what these Iranians do with that dirt disc to do Sajdah....they never went to hajj just thirty years ago and no one taught the etiquette of the Haram.. You talk about scholars!

Are you talking about mourning of Imam Hussain (a.s)?? this is surly not an innovation and the Prophet (s.a.w) has been reported to cry when he heard how his (s.a.w) grandson (a.s) would be killed....okay..even if i imagine that this is an innovation, where do u think the sentence you say before fajar (assalatu khairum minan nawm) came?? was this said during the time of the Prophet (s.a.w)??? i will be waiting for ure answer!!

This a make belief of you guys........

if protesting against evil not part islam of Prophet (s.a.w) then i would request u to read about islam again...and one of the biggest aim which is achieved by comomorating the death of Imam Hussain (a.s) is that it is an easier medium for scholars to teach the ummah as a major part of the lectures are given to it...and second is unity and another is the feeling to die in the cause of Islam....it is due to all these reasons the anti-shia in iraq/pakistan bomb our holy sites.....they surly know the dangers of letting us continue this...if there was nothing good achieved, y do u thing they like bombing our holy sites??...if they thing we r wronged, then leave us aside...y create a fuss...

Iraq and Pakistan are American occupied countries facilitated by the SHii and Ahmedi agents!

i can ask you the same question...where did the ahluss sunnah wal jamaat come from....we are all muslims....so wats the issue....its just that after the Prophet (s.a.w) died, people who followed abu bakr as a caliph were called sunnis and people who remained with the Ahlel Bayt (a.s) were called shias of Imam Ali (a.s) (followers of Imam Ali (a.s))...actually the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) are the people who obeyed the words of Prophet (s.a.w) when he said:
"I am leaving you two weighty things, if you follow them you will never go astray, they are the Qur'an and my Ahlul'bayt".
They include people like H. Bilal (a.s), H. Ammar e Yassir (a.s), H Abu Zarr e Ghiffari (a.s), H Malik e Ashtar (a.s) and so on....

Can you locate the Kalima Tayyiba recited by Sunni 'There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger' from the Holy Qur'an. By this we don't mean joining up verses we are asking you to show us this Kalima as a single complete sentence from the Qur'an.

If this was true why would Ali(r) become the Caliph elected by ahle Sunnah?
Don't be facetious like the Christians and Jooz,

Quran doesn't give the 
detail of Salat either!

Can you show us any single Hadeeth wherein Rasulullah (s) said that this Kalima was fixed and that no one was allowed to make any additions to it?

Now you are sounding like the Ahmedees

infact we also see here that changes were lawfully made to the duas of the Prophet (s.a.w) since there is no law which objects it:
We read in Saheeh Muslim Book of Pilgrimage 007 Hadeeth Numbers 2667 and 2668 as follows:

Non sequitur

'Abdullah b. 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered upon the state of Ihram near the mosque at Dhu'l-Hulaifa as his camel stood by it and he said: Here I am at Thy service, O Lord; here I am at Thy service: here I am at Thy service. There is no associate with Thee. Here I am at Thy service. All praise and grace is due to Thee and the sovereignty (too). There is no associate with Thee. They (the people) said that 'Abdullah b. 'Umar said that that was the Talbiya of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Nafi' said: 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) made this addition to it: Here I am at Thy service; here I am at Thy service; ready to obey Thee. The Good is in Thy Hand. Here I am at Thy service. Unto Thee is the petition and deed (is also for Thee).

Non sequitur  again

if u do further research on this, you would come to know that this was even said in front of Imam Ali (a.s) and he did not refuse it.. for details please read "Shawahid un Nubuwwa, by Abdul Rehman Jami, Page 286 & 287"

No one is buying this here!

everything happens to according to will of Allah (s.w.t), then y doesnt Allah (s.w.t) make everybody muslims so that there is no evil???...well well...some of the questions u hav posted are absurd...If Allah (s.w.t) would have wished to save Imam Ali (a.s) from the attack he would have...but He (s.w.t) willed Martydom for Imam Ali (a.s)...one of the highest position...and surly there are reports that suggest that Imam ALi (a.s) wished he would be a martyr and give his life for Allah (s.w.t)...

Thank you ...Exactly the point I am trying to make ...then accept the will of Allah swt
and quit making a hue and cry against his will............

what is the difference between those rock concerts and some sunnis dancing to naats in mosques (i am sorry if i have offended anybody...there were reasons y i wanted to avoid answering him...or the way he wrote his question which u can see now)....okay i will make it more polite...what is the difference between reading the quran while the jews and the christians read and follow their holy book in the same way....WILL U STOP READING THE QURAN FROM TOMORROW!!!!! if some act resembles any other religion shud we stop doing it???...charity is an act done by jews and christians as well...will u stop doing that from tomorrow and say that its an act done be non-muslims????
it is better if u dont analyse what goes on in muharram because i am sure u have never attended our musques and heard any lectures...therefore it wouldnt be good to judge something from far away...

I am not for those idiots dancing in mosques!
There is no comparison between them and us! I remember my dorm days ... room mate coming back from his bible thumping class and throw his bible on the floor along with with his shoes....some holy book! yes you don't want their way....a tax right off or plaque on the building......
I had shiia friends all my life either they were socialist /communists then later in life bunch of Takiyya practitioner schemers that cost me a bundle and almost my life! I was almost a Shiia and then What finally turned me off was the visits to the Majalas and listening to the Zakars coming from the old countries and listening to their drama ......then all those my shiia friends who didn't even pray would act as if to grab the Xtian like going along would get the redemption!
And the over all atmosphere would become just too much......

thats the difference between you and me....when rasulullah (s.w.t) made peace with the kuffar of makkah, was he weak then?? did u forget badr...Islam is a religion of peace....and if u dont know, war was thrown at Imam Hussain (a.s)...and it was not his choice....an evidence of this is that he 72 followers...he(a.s) was forced to fight a war...and Imam Hassan (a.s) even though could have fought, but since he had a choice, like rasulullah(s.a.w) he made peace..
This is just lame...

Imamat is not inheiritence....nor a status to be set in a family...Its just that Allah (s.w.t) wantedet like that...but sadly some people (ismaailees) thot otherwise and had a belief that Imamat was given on inheiritence...thus this split came up....

Bingo Now yu are changing the tune ...Just explain your lineage of Imams
Thanks for saying that......

nope...infact the ahluss sunnah had all the political support since they were the on the rulers seat and supported the ismaelees to thrive against the twelvers...i would point out ure type of language which i have ignored...

Quit lying that is all .....you are making up history to defend your rubbish.....you won't get away with this.........

i would also like to add that politics is a base of ure system of khilafat...not ours....so please look into ure corner b4 pointing out..

I think you are too young and sophomoric to know the facts!
Because the shiia were bent upon the heredity that gave tribal system to take hold the Caliphate went hereditary too the Ummayads Abbasids and Ottomans! where is the politics here! I don't live in a Muslim country but I don't think you have a system where you live  my internet friend....At least when the Sunni Caliphs ruled they ruled the realm with dignity and honor without scheming! The world couldn't refuse their direction and orders....And then they were back stabbed by the shiias!

so are u telling me that the majority of muslim states are ruled by non-muslims..which world do u live in...no offence, but the west has always preffered a sunni goverment over a shii one...and dats evident in history..

Right now there no independent Muslim state since the demise of Ottomans...why every time the west attacks it attcks the so called Sunni territory and not the Shiit WW! Ottomans end of the the Caliphate; India
the Muguls and Nawab Siraj udollah(who was Jaffar a Shiit a turn coat who help Clive)
At the destuction of Baghdad by Halaku and by now by Bush who were the traitors you want me tell you .........

Read this if you like.........
http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/iranian_mullahs/2008/06/10/103339.html - http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/iranian_mullahs/2008/06 http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/iranian_mullahs/2008/06/10/103339.html - /10/103339.html

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 4:25am

Contrary to what you suggested, according to sahih ahadith - the main muslim body i.e. majority will be on the straight path. Which means, any other sects that propped up later, and deviated from the Prophet Muhammad and his Sahaba's path, are going in different directions:

Sahih Muslim (3/4553) under the chapter heading 'Instruction to stick to the main body of the Muslims in the time of the trials and warning against those inviting people to disbelief', :

On the authority of Hudhaifa ibn al-Yaman (Allah be pleased with him), who said:

"People used to ask the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the good times, but I used to ask him about (the) bad times fearing lest they overtake me. I said, 'Messenger of Allah, we were in the midst of ignorance and evil, and then God brought us this good (time through Islam). Is there any bad time after this good one?' He said, 'Yes'. I asked, 'Will there be a good time again after that bad time?' He said, 'Yes, but therein will be a hidden evil.' I asked, 'What will be the evil hidden therein?' He said, '(That time will witness the rise of) the people who will adopt ways other than mine and seek guidance other than mine. You will know good points as well as bad points.' I asked, 'Will there be a bad time after this good one?' He said, 'Yes. (A time will come) when there will be people standing and inviting at the gates of Hell. Whoso responds to their call, they will throw them into the fire.' I said, 'Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), describe them for us.' He said, 'All right. They will be a people having the same complexion as ours and speaking our language.' I said, `Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him), what do you suggest if I happen to live in their time?' He said, 'You should stick to the main body of the Muslims and their leader' I said, 'If they have no (such thing as the) main body of the Muslims and have no leader?' He said, 'Separate yourself from all these factions, though you may have to eat the roots of trees until death comes to you and you are in this state.'"

Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) reported the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) as saying:
"Who (ever) defected from the obedience (to the Amir) and separated from the main body of the Muslims - then he died in that state - would die the death of one belonging to the days of Jahiliyya (pre-Islamic ignorance). And he who is killed under the banner of a man who is blind (to the cause for which he is fighting), who gets flared up with family pride and fights for his tribe - is not from my Ummah, and whoso from my followers attacks my followers (indiscriminately) killing the righteous and the wicked of them, sparing not (even) those staunch in faith and fulfilling not his obligation towards them who have been given a pledge (of security), is not from me." (Sahih Muslim, 3/4557 & 4555
Ahmad and Abu Dawood (Allah's mercy be upon them) said that Abu Dharr (Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as saying:

"He who separates from the main body (of the Ummah) by even a hand's breadth from the Community he throws off Islam from his neck." (Mishkat-ul-Masabih, 1/185 & Sunan Abu Dawood, 3/4740)

'Abdullah ibn Masood (Allah be pleased with him) reported that once Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) drew a line in the dust with his hand and said, "This is the straight path of Allah." Then he drew a series of lines to the right of it and to the left and said, "Each of these paths has a devil at its head inviting people to it." He then recited (Qur'an 6:153), "Verily this is my straight path so follow it and do not follow the (twisted) paths." (Collected by Ahmad, Nisai and Darimi; see Mishkat ul-Masabih, 1/166)

Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) as saying:

"Follow the great mass (as-Sawad al-Azam) for he who kept himself away from it, in fact would be thrown in Hell Fire." (Ibn Majah; vide: Mishkat, 1/174, by A.H. Siddiqui).

The translator of Mishkat-ul-Masabih (A.H. Siddiqui, pg. 113) said in the footnote to the last Hadith: "There is a good deal of difference of opinion as to what the term Sawad al-Azam implies. The overwhelming majority of the scholars are of the view that As-Sawad al-Azam means the largest group of the learned scholars and pious persons whose opinions are held in high esteem in Islam."

Imam al-Shafi'i said:

"He who holds what the Muslim community (Jama'ah) holds shall be regarded as following the community, and he who holds differently shall be regarded as opposing the community he was ordered to follow. So the error comes from separation; but in the community as a whole there is no error concerning the meaning of the Qur'an, the Sunnah, and analogy (qiyas)."

Imam Hakim (1/116) has related a Sahih Hadith from the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in the following words: "My Ummah shall not agree upon error."

Imam al-Tirmidhi (4/2167) reported on the authority of Ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), who said: "Verily my Ummah would not agree (or he said the Ummah of Muhammad) would not agree upon error and Allah's hand is over the group and whoever dissents from them departs to Hell." (see also Mishkat, 1/173) 

There are numerous others. I just posted the ones for which I had a reference.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 10:18am
just got few minuts to write this...will wrap it up quikly...

1. The Companions of the Prophet, especially his near and dear ones, would never reject his wishes. You would know that if you had read ahadith, but then ofcourse, you reject most of them anyway.

2. Like you said yourself, the companions were taught by the best teacher of Quran, and learnt by his example, therefore they would know the importance of obeying his wishes, and be aware of the Quranic injunctions stressing on obeying the Prophet - thus would never ever disobey him.

3. Again, nobody prevented the Prophet from doing anything. The Prophet couldnt write in the first place. I highly doubt your consipiracy theory, but I shall go back in the thread and see which hadith you base this claim of yours on (prevention of writing the 'will') since I have not followed it from the start,�because a lot of�talk here gets on my nerves.

please dont waste my time wen u chat wid me next...i thout u knew some facts but sadly u were ignorant of what is going on in this thread....ignorance for u is a blessing...but not for me bro...
the hadith i was referring to is :

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

i hope this answers what i was talking about...please go back and read the whole discussion...

and all your hadith one the majority suggest sticking to the MAIN BODY OF MUSLIMS!!!!! and dat does not mean the majority at all.....it talks about the people of haq...not the majority.....and if u want to know about what allah (s.w.t) says about majority i will give u an example:
"This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"
Quran 10:92
there are few more such examples i can give u...

and mr sign*reader
i pity ure ignorance..
u have cried about ure own victory when u hav avoided the thruth and hav not tried thinking over it...

and jazakallah the people who hav supported hamas in gaza are mainly the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s)...rest every otheer arabs were sleeping....and worst..even caused harm...just to save their seats.....they surly dont want hamas and hizbullah to get popular among the massess....i remember wen some arab coutries openly supported the zionist in the 2006 war which mashallah hizbullah won and all of these people had to face the shame...

we cause hovac in hajj??? look whose talking??? nad ya...we go to hajj/umrah more than we go to visit the graves of Aaimmah (a.s)....now dont try to teach us things....face the truth...

and then u avoided some questions....ohh man...after dat..i see u winning..lolzzzzz

Quote Iraq and Pakistan are American occupied countries facilitated by the SHii and Ahmedi agents!

I am tired of exposing your lies...let the others see it for themselves..

Imam Ali (a.s) was "elected" by the ahlus sunnah???? dats news to me...are u telling me that muawiyah was not a sunni?? did u forget the jamaa'ah?? and if muawiyah was not a sunni what was he??

i know u r scared because of our "hue and cry"....its this wat kills anti shias....if u truly think we r wrong...tell ureself and ure anti shia fellows...leave us to our condition...lakum deenakum waleeya deen...

again...i feel pity for ure ignorance on the fact that u think the umayyads and the abbasids were not sunnis...

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 7:35pm
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhamduillah, Thank you Brother/Sister SignReader and Sister Chrysalis(The Ahadith were on point) for taking the time to shift through all that information and standing up for the Jamma'ah. Jazak'Allah

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 7:39pm

i know u r scared because of our "hue and cry"....its this wat kills anti shias....if u truly think we r wrong...tell ureself and ure anti shia fellows...leave us to our condition...lakum deenakum waleeya deen...

Assalamu Alaikum

Wont you consider that that might be very inapporiate, considering that ayah was aimed at the most ardent and staunch ones of the Kuffar and Mushrikeen?

When Did I, or anyone that disagrees with you in some areas, adopt a Way of Life contrary to Islam?

-------------
Al-Qur'an was-Sunnah

Date Posted: 20 January 2009 at 8:52pm
  Sign*Reader in Burgundy asda in Black
i pity ure ignorance..
I think you live in some freak place and you come here to talk about ignorance that is absolutely funny attitude of turn coats....
How much support have you garnered on your POV....I would say zilch... The truth just like the Jooz and Xtians makes you mad ... The things you like ...the blood rituals of these old deviants who created religions out of person's names... You have no logic when become partisan of Ali against the party of Muhammad(s)

We have seen that you guys were helpers in the Sunnis massacres in Iraq and Lebanon by joining hands with the west! Tell me that is a lie!

Your parents needed a better etiquette training to make you as better Muslim...

Why are you on this American Muslim site if don't want to listen to the truth?
Why hang around here if you don't like the truth?
What does that tell about your background and agenda?

u have cried about ure own victory when u hav avoided the thruth and hav not tried thinking over it...
What is there to think over when I know you guys like the back of my hand that you are so close to Catholicism in rituals and making up stories

and jazakallah the people who hav supported hamas in gaza are mainly the followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s)...rest every otheer arabs were sleeping....and worst..even caused harm...just to save their seats.....they surly dont want hamas and hizbullah to get popular among the massess....i remember wen some arab coutries openly supported the zionist in the 2006 war which mashallah hizbullah won and all of these people had to face the shame...
How so?
Where were  Hizbilies this time when Gazan were being destroyed?
 Hamas helped Hizblies in 06,  ....Why didn't the Hizbilies or Iran help  Gazans?

None of Arabs are free to make their own decisions so what else is new for you? 

we cause hovac in hajj???
Yes there were a havoc many years back from the Iranians but the Saudi were ruthless to put it down..

look whose talking??? nad ya...we go to hajj/umrah more than we go to visit the graves of Aaimmah (a.s)....now dont try to teach us things....face the truth...

Don't give me the BS!--you can't avoid these guys do sajdas on the dirt piece! May be you are well versed after all your rhetoric notwithstanding!

and then u avoided some questions....ohh man...after dat..i see u winning..lolzzzzz

I am tired of exposing your lies...let the others see it for themselves..

Of course .... A self praise is no recommendation!

Imam Ali (a.s) was "elected" by the ahlus sunnah???? dats news to me...
That is correct otherwise the Caliphate Rashdah would end with Usaman (r) I guess then you don't believe in Caliphate so you are out!
Capiche

are u telling me that muawiyah was not a sunni??
Cuz you are a bonehead
did u forget the jamaa'ah??
What is jamaa'ah?
and if muawiyah was not a sunni what was he??
That juresprudence schools had not begun yet as Reba would sa ..you moron...I think you should complete your membership data to know what is your where about ?

You wish you had a deen LOL

YOU have no self respect and are bad name for Islam if that is what you want hear! WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOUT TWO MINUTES AND THEN HOLD YOUR FREAKING BREATH AND LISTEN TO THE JEWISH WOMAN SAY ABOUT YOU SICK & DUMB IDIOTS ................
who gave the idea of slitting heads of underage kids WHERE DOES IT SAY IN QURAN?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FABqq_jjRRo&eurl=http://christopherhitchenswatch.blogspot.com/ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FABqq_jjRRo&eurl=http://christopherhitchenswatch.blogspot.com/

It will be so nice if all you were sent to Iran to reduce the treason to the Ummah in bondage!
My brother married an Iranian and what she talks about Shiit mullahs it is just mind boggling how screwed up is their dogma.... that she is no more not even a Muslim! All the Iranain I have known were hardly Muslims much less Shiias! That should open your eyes!

again...i feel pity for ure ignorance on the fact that u think the umayyads and the abbasids were not sunnis...asda:
Quit the st**id talk! Just tell us in few words what are you doing here?
The absolute rulers believe what they believe they are above all these things only Allah knows! Seems like you are still learning but want to feel good by causing fitna ...
But you did read the linked article !
I think appropriate rhyme would be if you know "Pitty is pitiable"

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2009 at 5:32am

just got few minuts to write this...will wrap it up quikly... 

please dont waste my time wen u chat wid me next...i thout u knew some facts but sadly u were ignorant of what is going on in this thread....ignorance for u is a blessing...but not for me bro...
the hadith i was referring to is :

Chillax Bro. Smile Like I said, I went right back to read the hadith . . . and the rest of the discussion - and no where did I see the world 'Will' in the hadith, the Prophet could have wanted to write down advise for us for all we know. If you think you are wasting time, you are under no obligation to reply, its not a personal debate anyway. I would not like to waste a brother's time.

and all your hadith one the majority suggest sticking to the MAIN BODY OF MUSLIMS!!!!! and dat does not mean the majority at all.....it talks about the people of haq...not the majority.....and if u want to know about what allah (s.w.t) says about majority i will give u an example:
"This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!"
Quran 10:92
there are few more such examples i can give u... ...

Something told me that you would have a problem with the ahaidth I posted, either with teh wordings, or authencity. Inshallah, perhaps it helped some one else out there.

Had the ahadith been talking about 'Haq' it would have been mentioned. The summary of all the ahadith, from various sources might I add, is : How will we know which jamaat/sect/group is following Islam as the Prophet taught it? i.e. straight path? especially when we know there are so many deviations? Prophet Muhammad helped us out there, by giving us a clue, it will be the path observed by the majority of the ummah. Because Allah and the Prophet have told us, that due to Allah's blessing on us, them majority of the ummah will not have a consensus on falsehood . . . so basically, the majority of the ummah - will be always on Haqq. This means, that any sect that deviates from the majority - is going in wrong directions.

Its not just one hadith - from one source. Those are different ahadith, from different  authentic sources - talking about the same thing. They clearly are referring to a mass/majority.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2009 at 5:46am

A reminder to some Members : No need to get personal. Its not a personal argument.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 February 2009 at 2:29pm

A reminder to some Members : No need to get personal. Its not a personal argument.

jazakkallah..i hope this serves a reminder to many.....

well well..i think the tone of this discussion has changed to a "debate"....where everything ends in a sensless way.....i would advice u to keep the tone of a discussion here....specially sign*reader ....inshallah this discussion will now be seen as some kind of a win loose game...

Date Posted: 04 February 2009 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Talib_Asadullah Talib_Asadullah wrote:

lakum deenakum waleeya deen...

Assalamu AlaikumWont you consider that that might be very inapporiate, considering that ayah was aimed at the most ardent and staunch ones of the Kuffar and Mushrikeen?When Did I, or anyone that disagrees with you in some areas, adopt a Way of Life contrary to Islam?

wa'a'likumassalam
hope you r in good health..
brother talib...i was not saying that to common sunni brothers....i am always ready for a healthy "discussion" wid sunni brothers....the words above were meant only for anti-shia people who hav the guts to actually bomb our respected shrines of the grandson of Prophet (s.a.w) when infact we mourn for them.....fine...if they think we r wrong...then leave us...y attack us??? there shud be a very good reason behind this..and i see it as that they see the truth being spread....and they try to supress it.....well u may see it in a different way..and i dont blame u on dat....but the message to those anti-shias was...."leave us alone".....

Date Posted: 04 February 2009 at 2:32pm
Quote I think you live in some freak place and you come here to talk about ignorance that is absolutely funny attitude of turn coats....
How much support have you garnered on your POV....I would say zilch... The truth just like the Jooz and Xtians makes you mad ... The things you like ...the blood rituals of these old deviants who created religions out of person's names... You have no logic when become partisan of Ali against the party of Muhammad(s)

Quote What is there to think over when I know you guys like the back of my hand that you are so close to Catholicism in rituals and making up stories

Quote YOU have no self respect and are bad name for Islam if that is what you want hear! WATCH THIS VIDEO ABOUT TWO MINUTES AND THEN HOLD YOUR FREAKING BREATH AND LISTEN TO THE JEWISH WOMAN SAY ABOUT YOU SICK & DUMB IDIOTS ................ who gave the idea of slitting heads of underage kids WHERE DOES IT SAY IN QURAN?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FABqq_jjRRo&eurl=http://christopherhitchenswatch.blogspot.com/

It will be so nice if all you were sent to Iran to reduce the treason to the Ummah in bondage!
My brother married an Iranian and what she talks about Shiit mullahs it is just mind boggling how screwed up is their dogma.... that she is no more not even a Muslim! All the Iranain I have known were hardly Muslims much less Shiias! That should open your eyes!

the above part of ure post mr sign*reader objects only one subject.....i dont want to reply like u did...but i will just give u a gift to prove some facts....watever u want to call it.....those against us (anti-shia, not sunnis) know that what are they gonna face soon...heres ure gift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbHAQwZXPaY

i hope u see this video and extract wat i want u to show...

btw..i wonder y wat jews say matter to u..lol...hint ??

now i will adress ure queries:

Quote Where were Hizbilies this time when Gazan were being destroyed?
Hamas helped Hizblies in 06, ....Why didn't the Hizbilies or Iran help Gazans?
None of Arabs are free to make their own decisions so what else is new for you?

well i think this pic will answer u:

and even if hizbullah wud hav started a direct confrontation, who wud be responsible for the death of thousands of labanese...then people like u wud just jump out on the fact that they dint about the sunnis and christians out dere..and r selfish..blah blah blah.....come on..stop playing this game wid me...

Quote Don't give me the BS!--you can't avoid these guys do sajdas on the dirt piece! May be you are well versed after all your rhetoric notwithstanding!

u want to debate wid me on dat..come up inshallah...y do u like making stray sentence and den runing away from it??

Quote Quit the st**id talk! Just tell us in few words what are you doing here?

ure frustration says it all...

Date Posted: 04 February 2009 at 2:32pm
Quote Chillax Bro. Like I said, I went right back to read the hadith . . . and the rest of the discussion - and no where did I see the world 'Will' in the hadith, the Prophet could have wanted to write down advise for us for all we know. If you think you are wasting time, you are under no obligation to reply, its not a personal debate anyway. I would not like to waste a brother's time.

okay fine...i accept ure argument...it was not a will since it was not mentioned....but do u deny the fact that it was SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT?? do you deny that what had to be written down was SUNNAH OF PROPHET (s.a.w) which shudnt be taken lightly..a reason being the comment of rasulullah (s.a.w) on watever he was goint to say??

Quote Had the ahadith been talking about 'Haq' it would have been mentioned. The summary of all the ahadith, from various sources might I add, is : How will we know which jamaat/sect/group is following Islam as the Prophet taught it? i.e. straight path? especially when we know there are so many deviations? Prophet Muhammad helped us out there, by giving us a clue, it will be the path observed by the majority of the ummah. Because Allah and the Prophet have told us, that due to Allah's blessing on us, them majority of the ummah will not have a consensus on falsehood . . . so basically, the majority of the ummah - will be always on Haqq. This means, that any sect that deviates from the majority - is going in wrong directions.

Its not just one hadith - from one source. Those are different ahadith, from different authentic sources - talking about the same thing. They clearly are referring to a mass/majority.

i seriosly doubt ure comments...i can bring argiments on the "majority" thing you have brought up....but lets first look into those hadith u hav provided..

well its ure translation..not mine...it all talks about the "main body" of muslims....do u think numbers matter in front of Allah (s.w.t)??? i seriosly doubt u wud say yes....

well contrary to you points, there is a clear hadith of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) wen he discusses what should we do after him (a.s)..it is written in sahih muslim that:

Muslim says:) Zuhayr ibn Harb and Shuja` ibn Makhlad narrated to me from `Ulayyah that he said: Zuhayr said: narrated to us Isma`il ibn Ibrahim, from Abu Hayyan, from Yazid ibn Hayyan, who said: "I, Husayn ibn Sabrah and `Umar ibn Muslim went to see Zayd ibn Arqam. When we sat down with him, Husayn said to him, 'O Zayd, you have been greatly fortunate. You have seen the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be Allah's peace and benedictions, heard his speech, fought with him in battles and have prayed behind him. Indeed, O Zayd, you have been enormously fortunate. Narrate to us what you have heard from the Messenger of Allah , may Allah's peace and benedictions be upon him.'

"Zayd said: 'O brother, by God, I have become aged and old and I have forgotten some of what I used to remember from the Messenger of Allah , upon whom be Allah's peace and benedictions. So accept what I narrate to you and as to what I don't, trouble me not regarding it.' Then he said: 'One day the Messenger of Allah , upon whom be Allah's peace and benedictions, addressed us near a pond called Khumm between Makkah and Madinah. He praised God and extolled Him and preached and reminded (us). Then he said, "Lo, O people, I am only a human being and I am about to respond to the messenger of my Lord [i.e. the call of death]. I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you. The first of the two is the Book of Allah. In it is guidance and light. So get hold of the Book of Allah and adhere to it." Then he urged and motivated (us) regarding the Book of Allah . Then he said, "And my Ahl al�Bayt (family). I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt"'" ....

(Sahih Muslim, part 7, Kitab fada'il al�Sahabah [Maktabat wa Matba`at Muhammad `Ali Subayh wa Awladuhu: Cairo] pp. 122-123.)

now whover holds the Ahlel Bayt (a.s) as a source of guidence like quran is following the sunnah of rasulullah (s.a.w)...regardless if those people are among the majority or the minority....

Date Posted: 08 February 2009 at 9:55pm
Mr. asda:
Let's switch hadith to some ground reality for a minute what Shiit are doing ........
Would you explain the Alvite shii Syrian government's role in the rendition ops for the US government while all over the world she is considered a big ally of Iranian regime who HAVE BEEN CALLING USA  BIG SATAN FOR THIRTY YEARS!
So question is how come her ally is doing the satan's dirty work?

Following is the editorial from yesterday's paper LA Times that caught my eye on rendition:
 IT proves my original contention the shiia governments are working with the western governments in secret against the sunnis who are fighting for their faith...................

Torture on trial?

A case coming before a federal appeals panel gives the judiciary another chance to examine the secrecy surrounding the government's 'extraordinary rendition' program.
February 7, 2009

Khaled El-Masri, a German citizen, was flown at the request of the United States to Afghanistan, where he says he was tortured by the CIA (in a case of mistaken identity) for four months. Maher Arar, a Canadian citizen, was seized in New York and dispatched by U.S. officials to Syria, where he was apparently tortured regularly for almost a year. Binyam Mohammed says he was taken into custody in Karachi and brutally interrogated for two years in Pakistan and Morocco and then at the notorious CIA-run "Dark Prison" in Kabul, Afghanistan.

Each of these men later filed a civil lawsuit protesting his experience in the U.S. government's "extraordinary rendition" program. Yet not one has been allowed his day in court. Instead, the cases were summarily dismissed.

In each instance, the government invoked what's known as the "state secrets privilege," arguing that the lawsuit must not be allowed to proceed because it would require the disclosure of vitally sensitive classified information.

Until now, courts have been overwhelmingly accommodating of this claim. The Bush administration asserted the privilege dozens of times -- far more than any of its predecessors -- and was not once required to turn over material it claimed was secret. "Private interests," noted the judge in El-Masri's case as he tossed it out, "must give way to the national interest."

Next week, however, the judiciary has another chance to declare its independence. On Monday, a three-judge panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will be asked to reinstate Mohammed's case (brought with four others) against Jeppesen DataPlan Inc., the San Jose-based company that helped arrange rendition flights.

We hope the judges will have the courage to stand up to the government. Better yet, we hope the Obama administration lawyers will show up in court Monday and reject the approach of the previous administration, letting the case go forward. If a man credibly claims to have been snatched from his home and family and tortured by or with the acquiescence of the government, he deserves a fair and impartial reckoning in court. Besides, the government's assertions about the damage that could ensue should be viewed skeptically. The history of the privilege suggests that the government may use it not so much to protect national security as to prevent its own illegal or embarrassing misadventures from coming to light.

There are ways to balance the government's legitimate security interests against plaintiffs' right to press their cases. Judges could, for instance, take a more active role in scrutinizing the claims of secrecy, examining the controversial evidence in private. Or they could agree to hold back certain pieces of sensitive information without dismissing entire cases. But what's clear is that the government should not be permitted to kidnap and torture and then simply declare those heinous activities to be "state secrets" and off-limits for discussion.

It is understandable the rendition ops in US occupied places like Afghanistan and Pakistan but of all places SyriaQuestion
ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS......SHAME ON THESE TURNCOATS!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:46am
ure assumption dat shia muslims are working against sunni muslims is quite bad......i think u shud better look into the other thread where hamas (a sunni group) thanx iranian foreign minister (obviosly shia muslim) for their support towards the israeli conflict.....where r u man....do u think hamas is BLIND???and u knw the ground reality more dan dem??

well it is noticable that ure tone is better in the above post..(compared to others).....nd i appreciate dat....

regarding the news item u posted.......i am not a blind supporter of goverments of iran and syria.......i dont know how u r ruling out the possibility of curruption within syria where(in some areas) the ruling party has no hand in it.....nor hav u provided any evidence that the goverment was involved in it...its just ure assumptions which u are working on.....

Date Posted: 09 February 2009 at 1:11pm
There are no assumptions here....the Los Angeles Times would not editorialize some thing they have not checked the veracity of it's contents cuz it will cost them a bundle if they don't when it is being litigated....
You need to pay attention to the high lighted part....Syria is a dictatorship and you would be naive to plead innocence for their no involvement by the Syrian dictatorship!

Do you even understand what is "rendition" and they pick the countries with dictatorship or lack of rule of law? This is CIA op's and you say the government is not involved LOL
 In this particular case a country that has killed the Sunnis brotherhood by the thousand in the past without any repercussions!

-------------

Date Posted: 09 February 2009 at 9:45pm

okay fine...i accept ure argument...it was not a will since it was not mentioned....but do u deny the fact that it was SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT?? do you deny that what had to be written down was SUNNAH OF PROPHET (s.a.w) which shudnt be taken lightly..a reason being the comment of rasulullah (s.a.w) on watever he was goint to say??

I replied to this post a couple of days earlier, but for some reason, it didnt post.

Anything that the Prophet ever actually said is indeed very important. That is a truism.

What I dont understand is, why create such a huge fuss about something that he was going to say, but in the end decided not to - due to whatever reason best known to him and Allah. Will you deny the fact that Allah took upon the responsibility of preserving Islam upon Himself? Muslims believe that  Allah revealed all that was neccessary for us Muslims through Prophet Muhammad. Our Prophet took his job very seriousley, had anything been top in his list of priorities for us Muslims, he would have conveyed them to us, and not let the sahaba come in his way. So please, I urge you to focus on things that Prophet Muhammad and Islam lay a priority on. Not on things he was going to say but in the end decided not to.

What is the point in dwelling over that particular issue, when it is done and gone. . . .there really is no point, unless it be an agenda to badmouth certain Sahaba and portray them in a negative light. Which is something Prophet Muhammad would never agree with. He loved, trusted and respected his Sahaba. For ordinary people to stand up and throw blame on them is a huge insult. Are you suggesting that Prophet Muhammad would surround himself with and trust people like Hazrat Umar, had they been of suspicious character? Have that much faith in our Prophet.

i seriosly doubt ure comments...i can bring argiments on the "majority" thing you have brought up....but lets first look into those hadith u hav provided..

well its ure translation..not mine...it all talks about the "main body" of muslims....do u think numbers matter in front of Allah (s.w.t)??? i seriosly doubt u wud say yes....

You are welcome to doubt my personal comments - but I posted authentic ahadith from various sources, that all say the same thing. Not believing in the authencity of those ahadith is another thing altogether, and you should just let me know if you dont agree with thier authencity. Which by the way, are agreed upon by the majority of Muslim scholars.

The ahadith simply are to set the ummah straight on what 'sect' to follow (none, btw) - the ahadith are to give guidance to the ummah as to which Islam is teh one as taught by Prophet Muhammad - and not invented by ordinary people after his death.

well contrary to you points, there is a clear hadith of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) wen he discusses what should we do after him (a.s)..it is written in sahih muslim that:

O people, I am only a human being and I am about to respond to the messenger of my Lord [i.e. the call of death]. I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you. The first of the two is the Book of Allah. In it is guidance and light. So get hold of the Book of Allah and adhere to it." Then he urged and motivated (us) regarding the Book of Allah . Then he said, "And my Ahl al­Bayt (family). I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al­Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al­Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al­Bayt"'" ....

On the contrary - I find nothing in this hadith, that is contrary to what I said. You forget, we are not the kind of Muslims who think negatively of any sahabi, we give the due respect each deserves, and do not find it our place to comment on thier character. Which is why we love and respect Prophet Muhammad's Ahlul Bayt as well. One difference is tht We consider Prophet Muhammad's wives part of his family, and I know that some muslims like u beliveve that his wives were not part of his 'family'/ahlul bayt - and his family consisted of his daughter, son-in-law and nephews. - and thier direct blood descendants. So according to me, that hadith  refers to his wives as well, and all those muslims who blame/throw badlight on some of his wives, should remember God regarding his Alhlul bayt.

I think by posting this hadith, you probably meant to say that Shias are the ones that follow the 'Ahlul Bayt' . . .and so r on the right path. Correct me if i am wrong. In that case, why is most of their 'religion' based on the sayings of various Imams and whatnot? Also, why is it that (for instance) that you people believe certain things like Mutaah to be halal, when the Prophet forbade him? in hadith narrated by hazrat Ali (r.a) himself. A majorty of what these people do today has nothing to do with the 'Ahlul Bayt' themselves. . . and was never taught by them.....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 February 2009 at 1:41pm
My answers are in green..

I replied to this post a couple of days earlier, but for some reason, it didnt post.

Anything that the Prophet ever actually said is indeed very important. That is a truism.

What I dont understand is, why create such a huge fuss about something that he was going to say, but in the end decided not to - due to whatever reason best known to him and Allah. Will you deny the fact that Allah took upon the responsibility of preserving Islam upon Himself?
Yes....and it was done perfectly.....what Prophet (s.a.w) wanted to say was important as well.....but what we see today...is what the Prophet (s.a.w) feared when He (s.a.w) had said ""Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray."" now will u say that whatever the Prophet (s.a.w) wanted to write was not important when someone like u consider dat I hav gone astray, while I hav da same views about u...isnt it....it wud probably wud hav solved issues....but what happend??? he was prevented from writing isnt it??? y do u fail to answer me wen I ask what u would have done if the Prophet (s.a.w) ordered u to get him pen and paper??

Muslims believe that  Allah revealed all that was neccessary for us Muslims through Prophet Muhammad. Our Prophet took his job very seriousley, had anything been top in his list of priorities for us Muslims, he would have conveyed them to us, and not let the sahaba come in his way.
He had conveyed the message...I agree with you....and i am pretty much sure, whatever it was...was a serios REMINDER...he surly dint want to add or subtract anything from religion...because the last verse had revealed till den...

So please, I urge you to focus on things that Prophet Muhammad and Islam lay a priority on. Not on things he was going to say but in the end decided not to.
how can u assume that he decided not to???

What is the point in dwelling over that particular issue, when it is done and gone. . . .there really is no point, unless it be an agenda to badmouth certain Sahaba and portray them in a negative light. Which is something Prophet Muhammad would never agree with. He loved, trusted and respected his Sahaba.
Yes no doubt, The people who were truly his Sahaba (r.a) were surly great people....who is badmouthing them???

For ordinary people to stand up and throw blame on them is a huge insult. Are you suggesting that Prophet Muhammad would surround himself with and trust people like Hazrat Umar, had they been of suspicious character? Have that much faith in our Prophet.
well its not new that Prophet (s.a.w) would be surrounded by people who were not muslims as well...many a times...like people who came up to him (s.a.w) to sign hudaybiyah......what matters is who shud we take our religion from....

You are welcome to doubt my personal comments - but I posted authentic ahadith from various sources, that all say the same thing. Not believing in the authencity of those ahadith is another thing altogether, and you should just let me know if you dont agree with thier authencity. Which by the way, are agreed upon by the majority of Muslim scholars.
We??? i doubt bro...u dint answer my question...but its fine..i can understand...btw...by "WE", what do u mean...u mean the deobandis or, berelvis or, sufis or, wahaabis or , salafis etc etc or shafi'i, hanafi, maliki, hanbali etc etc?? please specify??
i mean for u, numbers matter i guess, since u hav translated dat hadith in ure mind in dat way..so please prove to me who are the "MAJORITY" among those groups??i need statistics...

The ahadith simply are to set the ummah straight on what 'sect' to follow (none, btw) - the ahadith are to give guidance to the ummah as to which Islam is teh one as taught by Prophet Muhammad - and not invented by ordinary people after his death.
well again u hav tried to cover ure feeling in ure last line, but ya...alhamdulilah we accept every hadith which is inline with quran and reject whichever go against it...and alhamdulillah atleast we dont follow someone like abu hurayra who was even beaten up by Umar for cooking up hadeeth.....alhamdulillah....

O people, I am only a human being and I am about to respond to the messenger of my Lord [i.e. the call of death]. I am leaving behind two precious things (thaqalayn) among you. The first of the two is the Book of Allah. In it is guidance and light. So get hold of the Book of Allah and adhere to it." Then he urged and motivated (us) regarding the Book of Allah . Then he said, "And my Ahl al�Bayt (family). I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt. I urge you to remember God regarding my Ahl al�Bayt"'" ....

On the contrary - I find nothing in this hadith, that is contrary to what I said. You forget, we are not the kind of Muslims who think negatively of any sahabi, we give the due respect each deserves, and do not find it our place to comment on thier character. Which is why we love and respect Prophet Muhammad's Ahlul Bayt as well.
Neither do we do dat...do we?? I dint bring up this hadith "against" ure hadith.....I was just showing u the criteria for being successful in the words of Prophet Muhmmad (s.a.w)...I am not even discussing sects here...but wat I am discussing is the criteria...now any individual following this criteria is successful, regardless of any sect he belongs to...

One difference is tht We consider Prophet Muhammad's wives part of his family, and I know that some muslims like u beliveve that his wives were not part of his 'family'/ahlul bayt - and his family consisted of his daughter, son-in-law and nephews. - and thier direct blood descendants.

About the Wives Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) has said "Yazid b. Hayyan reported: We went to him (Zaid b. Arqam) and said to him. You have found goodness (for you had the honour) to live in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and offered prayer behind him, and the rest of the hadith is the same but with this variation of wording that lie said: Behold, for I am leaving amongst you two weighty things, one of which is the Book of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, and that is the rope of Allah. He who holds it fast would be on right guidance and he who abandons it would be in error, and in this (hadith) these words are also found: We said: Who are amongst the members of the household ? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.

Source: Sahih Muslim Book 31, Number 5923"
I dont think my view can be clearer than this...now its upto u now....

So according to me, that hadith  refers to his wives as well, and all those muslims who blame/throw badlight on some of his wives, should remember God regarding his Alhlul bayt.

I think by posting this hadith, you probably meant to say that Shias are the ones that follow the 'Ahlul Bayt' . . .and so r on the right path. Correct me if i am wrong. In that case, why is most of their 'religion' based on the sayings of various Imams and whatnot?
The Base of Followers of Ahlel Bayt (a.s) is Tawheed....and Prophets incuding the Infallible Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and then The Imams (a.s)......regardless of his sect...

Also, why is it that (for instance) that you people believe certain things like Mutaah to be halal, when the Prophet forbade him?
Prophet (s.a.w) never forbade Muta....I dont think any hadith can contradict what Quran says, BECAUSE QURAN IS THE MOST PERFECT BOOK IN OUR HANDS...NONE CAN BE COMPARED TO IT......

in hadith narrated by hazrat Ali (r.a) himself. A majorty of what these people do today has nothing to do with the 'Ahlul Bayt' themselves. . . and was never taught by them.....
It is impossible for such an event to happen....because surly Imam Ali (a.s) would not speak against what the Quran has to teach.....Hadith and its narrators can be flawed...but the Quran cant be flawed...

u r trying to indulge me in a debate of muta, wen i personally think this not a BIG ISSUE...and clarifying this out does not make anybody a good muslim or a bad one......

I hope you will think on my reply.....

brother..this i guess is a discussion, and its good if we stop looking at who wins or looses this..because i think there are better aims for a discussion than winning or loosing.....

Wsalaam
asda

Date Posted: 16 February 2009 at 5:06am

Me: What I dont understand is, why create such a huge fuss about something that he was going to say, but in the end decided not to - due to whatever reason best known to him and Allah. Will you deny the fact that Allah took upon the responsibility of preserving Islam upon Himself?

Asda: Yes....and it was done perfectly.....what Prophet (s.a.w) wanted to say was important as well.....but what we see today...is what the Prophet (s.a.w) feared when He (s.a.w) had said ""Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray."" now will u say that whatever the Prophet (s.a.w) wanted to write was not important when someone like u consider dat I hav gone astray, while I hav da same views about u...isnt it....it wud probably wud hav solved issues....but what happend??? he was prevented from writing isnt it??? y do u fail to answer me wen I ask what u would have done if the Prophet (s.a.w) ordered u to get him pen and paper??

Going in cycles now. . .

The Prophet couldnte be prevented from relaying his message. If the mushrikeen couldnt prevent him - I doubt the sahaba could. The bottom line is, the Prophet didnt say it. There were numerous times the Prophet remained silent on matters due to wisdom. There were occasions when he said things like 'Had you known what I know, you would be crying" . . .yet he never told them all that stuff did he? Prophetic wisdom, and Allah's Will. But I guess the Shias know better.

I dont like Hypothetical games, but since you are bent upon an answer: I would have gotten him a pen and paper, inshalah - But at the end, the Prophet would only have said something had he wanted to, or decided to, that Allah willed. He could very well have changed his mind.
What you are suggesting is, that you and I are supposedly better Muslims than the trusted ones that stood by him at that point - because we would have done things differently than what they did. Atleast one of them at that point, was given the prediction of Jannah in his lifetime. Is that so? This arrogance of suspecting those sahaba is something that I cannot comply with.
Quote  Muslims believe that  Allah revealed all that was neccessary for us Muslims through Prophet Muhammad. Our Prophet took his job very seriousley, had anything been top in his list of priorities for us Muslims, he would have conveyed them to us, and not let the sahaba come in his way.
He had conveyed the message...I agree with you....and i am pretty much sure, whatever it was...was a serios REMINDER...he surly dint want to add or subtract anything from religion...because the last verse had revealed till den...

Alhamdulilah, we agree on something. The Prophet conveyed all that he had to before he passed away.

Quote  So please, I urge you to focus on things that Prophet Muhammad and Islam lay a priority on. Not on things he was going to say but in the end decided not to.
how can u assume that he decided not to???

Because my friend, Prophets and Messengers only do things due to Allah's will. Thier will follows Allah's will - and they make decisions on the basis of that. They do not let 'other' people interfere in thier Message. . . they do not succumb to peer pressure, or public demand. They do not let thier personal feelings of anger or annoyance come in the way of relating thier message. If ever they do something otherwise, Allah immediately corrects them, and Intervenes. So, if the Prophet did not say something - it was a wilful, concious act. Not an act that was influenced by the Sahabah around him. He would never do that. So that is how I know. . . I dont even 'assume', its the faith in the quality of the Message and the Prophet. If Allah let His Prophets get disrupted by peer pressure, there would be no guarantee of the authencity and quality of the Message we have today. (Quran , Hadith)

What is the point in dwelling over that particular issue, when it is done and gone. . . .there really is no point, unless it be an agenda to badmouth certain Sahaba and portray them in a negative light. Which is something Prophet Muhammad would never agree with. He loved, trusted and respected his Sahaba.
Yes no doubt, The people who were truly his Sahaba (r.a) were surly great people....who is badmouthing them???

By throwing suspicion and blame upon the character of certain sahaba e.g. Hazrat Umar nauzubillah not letting Prophet Muhammad say something, or refusing to follow his commands - you are inadvertently badmouthing him.

But then, from the way you worded your statement - it seems to me that you do not consider him to be a Sahabi? I guess it was another mistake (nauzubillah) of the Prophet, when he included him as an ashrah-e-mubasharah and gave him the prediction to paradise in his lifetime.

Quote  For ordinary people to stand up and throw blame on them is a huge insult. Are you suggesting that Prophet Muhammad would surround himself with and trust people like Hazrat Umar, had they been of suspicious character? Have that much faith in our Prophet.
well its not new that Prophet (s.a.w) would be surrounded by people who were not muslims as well...many a times...like people who came up to him (s.a.w) to sign hudaybiyah......what matters is who shud we take our religion from....

Ridiculous. There is a difference b/w people who surrounded the Prophet physically, and those that were his circle of trust. I was clearly referring to the sahaba he trusted, and loved. And it is those sahaba that we take religion from. . . rather than restrict our religion to a favoured, rare few.

We??? i doubt bro...u dint answer my question...but its fine..i can understand...btw...by "WE", what do u mean...u mean the deobandis or, berelvis or, sufis or, wahaabis or , salafis etc etc or shafi'i, hanafi, maliki, hanbali etc etc?? please specify??
i mean for u, numbers matter i guess, since u hav translated dat hadith in ure mind in dat way..so please prove to me who are the "MAJORITY" among those groups??i need statistics...

By We, I mean all the muslims, who hold tight to the rope of Allah, i.e. Qur'an, Sunnah and Sahih Hadith - and didnt deviate into firqas and sects after the Prophet's demise i.e. Muslims. Btw, a lot of the labels you mentioned, have similar beliefs - except a few really deviated ones. If there is any difference, it is on the label-name, and matters of jurisprudence and fiqh. Most of them do not deny the authentic ahadith, or Sahaba etc.

well again u hav tried to cover ure feeling in ure last line, but ya...alhamdulilah we accept every hadith which is inline with quran and reject whichever go against it...and alhamdulillah atleast we dont follow someone like abu hurayra who was even beaten up by Umar for cooking up hadeeth.....alhamdulillah....

What feelings have I tried to cover? I have been straight since the start. I repel anyone and any sect that deviates, likes to associate themselves as someone other than a 'Muslim', does not respect and uphold the Qur'an, Sunnah, Hadith. Or cooks up thier own versions of Islam. Not to mention those who are arrogant enough to cast judgemnets and suspicion on the character of sahabah that Prophet Muhammad trusted, and expected us to respect. Which brings to me your repulsion of Abu Hurayrah. He was a man that Prophet Muhammad clearly loved and respected, and whom his peers (i.e other Sahabah respected too.) I would like to follow in Prophet's Muhammad's Sunnah and judgement - and not pretend I know more about Abu Hurayrah from stories today - than the people living in his time did. If you are not amongst those people, than I love you for Allah's sake.

Quote  Who are amongst the members of the household ? Aren't the wives (of the Holy Prophet) included amongst the members of his house hold? Thereupon he said: No, by Allah, a woman lives with a man (as his wife) for a certain period; he then divorces her and she goes back to her parents and to her people; the members of his household include his ownself and his kith and kin (who are related to him by blood) and for him the acceptance of Zakat is prohibited.

Okay, so a woman is not a member of the household when she is divorced and goes back to her parents. I agree. Which is why I dont think a divorced spouse has a share in the inheritance anyway. Until a woman remains that person's wife he is part of his family and household. Same applies to the husband. Also, kith and kin does not mean blood relatives. Oh, and why else? Because the Qur'an says so.

u r trying to indulge me in a debate of muta, wen i personally think this not a BIG ISSUE...and clarifying this out does not make anybody a good muslim or a bad one......

I assure you I have no intention/wish of indulging you in a 'debate' of any sorts, even on Mutaah. However any act that was banned by the Prophet, yet is practised by a muslim - it reflects/says a lot about the nature of his 'Muslimness'

I hope you will think on my reply.....

brother..this i guess is a discussion, and its good if we stop looking at who wins or looses this..because i think there are better aims for a discussion than winning or loosing.....

Since I did reply - I did ponder/think over your post. I agree that this is not a debate, rather a discussion. Hence I was never keeping any points, nor do I expect an outcome; win/loss. Anyway, Jazakallah for the reminder - and may Allah give Hidayat to us all. If you like, we could end it right here.

Regards,

-------------

Date Posted: 17 February 2009 at 5:05am
There were occasions when he said things like 'Had you known what I know, you would be crying" . . .yet he never told them all that stuff did he? Prophetic wisdom, and Allah's Will. But I guess the Shias know better.

There is a difference in the things he wanted to say and the things he dint want to say.....we are talking about him being prevented from saying/conveying something which he had wanted to convey...

I would have gotten him a pen and paper, inshalah - But at the end, the Prophet would only have said something had he wanted to, or decided to, that Allah willed. He could very well have changed his mind.

Alhamdulillah....nice to know you wud have contradicted with umer......secondly ure latter part of ure assumption is baseless...please prove it...

By throwing suspicion and blame upon the character of certain sahaba e.g. Hazrat Umar nauzubillah not letting Prophet Muhammad say something, or refusing to follow his commands - you are inadvertently badmouthing him.

if dats da criteria..then the narrator himself is badmouthing him...

I guess it was another mistake (nauzubillah) of the Prophet, when he included him as an ashrah-e-mubasharah and gave him the prediction to paradise in his lifetime.

tha ashra mubashara hadith has not proven to be authentic....secondly its odd dat u see dat some people were given a "holiday" in this world....

By We, I mean all the muslims, who hold tight to the rope of Allah, i.e. Qur'an, Sunnah and Sahih Hadith - and didnt deviate into firqas and sects after the Prophet's demise i.e. Muslims. Btw, a lot of the labels you mentioned, have similar beliefs - except a few really deviated ones. If there is any difference, it is on the label-name, and matters of jurisprudence and fiqh. Most of them do not deny the authentic ahadith, or Sahaba etc.

are u sure??? well actually the scholars of each of this group are not...surly....because they do see each other diviant..isnt it???..so please specify which group u wud apply to the hadith u hav provided and please give me statistics...

Okay, so a woman is not a member of the household when she is divorced and goes back to her parents. I agree. Which is why I dont think a divorced spouse has a share in the inheritance anyway. Until a woman remains that person's wife he is part of his family and household. Same applies to the husband. Also, kith and kin does not mean blood relatives. Oh, and why else? Because the Qur'an says so.

i hope the brothers of ahlus sunnah wud agree wid each other on inteprating this hadith and then give out a final word....plus....the hadith clearly mentions the "WIVES"...not divorcees they are talking about...

I assure you I have no intention/wish of indulging you in a 'debate' of any sorts, even on Mutaah. However any act that was banned by the Prophet, yet is practised by a muslim - it reflects/says a lot about the nature of his 'Muslimness'

Whatever the Quran says and Whatever the Prophet (s.a.w) is hujjat upon every muslim to follow...since quran clearly mentions that it is allowed, i dont think there is a need of further discussion...

Since I did reply - I did ponder/think over your post. I agree that this is not a debate, rather a discussion. Hence I was never keeping any points, nor do I expect an outcome; win/loss. Anyway, Jazakallah for the reminder - and may Allah give Hidayat to us all. If you like, we could end it right here.

yah...i wud hav loved to end it here...but just let me know which "majority" are you talking about inshallah....and dats wat i want to learn from u.......I hope u r able to specify one. while other being the deviants......if not..then i think we can wrap up one here....

regards
asda

Date Posted: 17 February 2009 at 8:39am

There is a difference in the things he wanted to say and the things he dint want to say.....we are talking about him being prevented from saying/conveying something which he had wanted to convey...

I see. So you still believe that Prophet Muhammad was vulnerable to being 'prevented' from relating his message. He succumbed to the external pressure, and did not relay his message? (nauzubillah). Strange coming from a belief system who insist that a sahabi like Ali (r.a) is infallible - but the Prophet apparently isnt?

Alhamdulillah....nice to know you wud have contradicted with umer......secondly ure latter part of ure assumption is baseless...please prove it...

You are doing a good job relating the antagonism your sect feels towards sahaba like Hazrat Umar (r.a).

You want me to "prove" to you that Prophet Muhammad had the ability to change his mind and make decisions? oh-kay. So you basically disagree with the statement: " the Prophet would only have said something had he wanted to, or decided to, that Allah willed. He could very well have changed his mind." Correct me if I am wrong.

I guess it was another mistake (nauzubillah) of the Prophet, when he included him as an ashrah-e-mubasharah and gave him the prediction to paradise in his lifetime.

tha ashra mubashara hadith has not proven to be authentic....secondly its odd dat u see dat some people were given a "holiday" in this world....

Typical. Since Hazrat Umar is mentioned in the ashrah-e-mubasharah . . . it is not authentic. So basically, Muslim, Bukhari (and the rest) got ahadith correct when they happen to support your argument - but if they go against your argument - they got the ahadith wrong. Pick and choose? Just like the bani israel used to do.

Whats odd is that you yourself believe that some people were given a 'holiday' in this world - because they happen to be "blood descendants" of the Prophet.

are u sure??? well actually the scholars of each of this group are not...surly....because they do see each other diviant..isnt it???..so please specify which group u wud apply to the hadith u hav provided and please give me statistics...

Statistics? for what? for how many people are following Qur'an and Sunnah? Tongue Goodluck getting those stats.

I have already told you. If you are not part of any sect that deviated after Prophet Muhammad's death . . .you are safe.

i hope the brothers of ahlus sunnah wud agree wid each other on inteprating this hadith and then give out a final word....plus....the hadith clearly mentions the "WIVES"...not divorcees they are talking about...

This is one of the ahadith that Muslim "accidentally" got correct, right?
It is futile talk ahadith with you - since you do not agree with all ahadith - and will only talk of the one that you happen to agree with. So if I bring up a hadith that says otherwise, you simply say : it is not authentic. . . just like you did in ur previous post.

...since quran clearly mentions that it is allowed, i dont think there is a need of further discussion...

Really? ok. And a significant majority of muslims + thier scholars believe that this ayat is not talking of Mutaah at all - And it is clearly banned. So yeah, no need for further discussion.

Quote i wud hav loved to end it here...but just let me know which "majority" are you talking about inshallah....and dats wat i want to learn from u.......I hope u r able to specify one. while other being the deviants......if not..then i think we can wrap up one here....

All the groups that hold tight to the rope of Allah, i.e. Sahih Hadith + Qur'an + Sunnah are amongst this significant majority. Even if that part is not clear, it is clear that the hadith excludes groups that deviated from Prophet Muhammad's Islam after his death. But ofcourse, you dont believe in the authencity of this hadith . . . so why worry, eh?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 February 2009 at 1:29am

You are doing a good job relating the antagonism your sect feels towards sahaba like Hazrat Umar (r.a).

You want me to "prove" to you that Prophet Muhammad had the ability to change his mind and make decisions? oh-kay. So you basically disagree with the statement: " the Prophet would only have said something had he wanted to, or decided to, that Allah willed. He could very well have changed his mind." Correct me if I am wrong.

he could have done anything....but....the point u r missing is dat due to the confusion caused (initiated be umer) the Prophet (s.a.w) got angry and told everyone to go away.....He (s.a.w) had ordered something which was not fulfilled....
Surah al Maidah verse 92 "Obey Allah and Obey his Prophet and worry, and be warned that the Prophet's duty is only to deliver the message clearly"

and...the Prophet (s.a.w) was infallible...no doubt!!!

Typical. Since Hazrat Umar is mentioned in the ashrah-e-mubasharah . . . it is not authentic. So basically, Muslim, Bukhari (and the rest) got ahadith correct when they happen to support your argument - but if they go against your argument - they got the ahadith wrong. Pick and choose? Just like the bani israel used to do.

nah...thats not the criteria for me bro....for me Whatever goes inline with Quran...i will accept that....whatever doesnt....i will not...isnt it simple???

secondly...in the ashra mubashara the narrators were smart enuf to include themselves......well...dats not part of my rebuttal...but just a point to be noted...

the list also include people who were known to sin..people like:
`Abd al-Rahman ibn `Awf  and Sa`d [ibn Abi Waqqas]....I am not sure wat did ibn awf do....but quite sure about sa'd bin abi waqas...to add to that there are other prominent sahaabis such as Hazrat Bilal (a.s), and Imam Hasan (a.s) and Imam Hussain (a.s) excluded when the Prophet (s.a.w) has clearly stated that Imam Hassan (a.s) and Imam Hussain (a.s) are the leader of the youths of paradise.....furthermore there are few among the list who had actually faught a war against each other.....and surly one was on Haq and others not...so those who are not are responsible for all the killings in thos wars......so the hadith contradicts a lot of historical facts....and lastly, there are also people on this list who went against the Quran....or someone who the Prophet (s.a.w) had stated to be with the Quran...

Whats odd is that you yourself believe that some people were given a 'holiday' in this world - because they happen to be "blood descendants" of the Prophet.
nah...they were not given a "holiday"....Like the Prophets (a.s) they had many tests to give......please give me one incident where the Ahlel Bayt (a.s) went against the orders of Prophet (s.a.w) or preached something which was against what Prophet (s.a.w) said.......one incident....come on...u have 14 biographies to research on...just one needed!!!!!

[Quote]

Statistics? for what? for how many people are following Qur'an and Sunnah? Tongue Goodluck getting those stats.

I have already told you. If you are not part of any sect that deviated after Prophet Muhammad's death . . .you are safe.

[Quote]
Well I want to know who are the "MAJORITY" that clearly follows the QURAN AND SUNNAH according to you....because I am sure that u think u r on the right path....so obviosly u must have some statistics to decide which faith are you following....because u surly have to choose one...isnt it?? because the "OTHERS" are then DEVIANT......i am not saying this on myslelf...here is one example by a deobandi writing on berelvi's:
http://www.geocities.com/muwa7id/barelvis.html
"
The Barelvis are a deviant sect founded by one Ahmad Rida Khan from Bareilly, India. Its founder was born in the year 1856 and died in the year 1921 CE. His father's name was Naqi Ali Khan and his grandfather's name was Rida Ali Khan (Tadhkira Ulama-e-Hind, vol.1, p. 1). The Barelvi, Ahmad Rida Khan was named as Amman Miyan by his mother while his father called him Ahmad Miyan."

and here is another ahlus sunnah website (i am assuming deobandi) which declares sufis as "deviant and not following the quran and sunnah"
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=278&main_cat_id=37
"
Sufism embraces countless different sects. Fundamentally, they are innovators both in there origin and in their name. They are not complying with the Qur��n, the Sunnah and the practice of the Companions at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and after his death. "

likewise I can present you many other articles/fatwas where each of the group considers the other one who is not following the quran and sunnah.......since there is no "ijma" on who is right...i dont know how did you find who is the majority and started believing in them....and since you have based your belief on being a majority, I am sure u have statistics...please provide me some...and answer a simple question "WHO ARE AMONG THESE WHO ARE FOLLOWING THE QURAN AND SUNNAH??"

This is one of the ahadith that Muslim "accidentally" got correct, right?
It is futile talk ahadith with you - since you do not agree with all ahadith - and will only talk of the one that you happen to agree with. So if I bring up a hadith that says otherwise, you simply say : it is not authentic. . . just like you did in ur previous post.
i hav already told you what is the criteria of me accepting hadith...i dont care if it is bukhari (a book of ahluss sunnah) or if I am reading Al-Kafi (an hadith book of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) and his family followed by Shia of Rasululah (s.a.w))....my criteria remains da same...

Really? ok. And a significant majority of muslims + thier scholars believe that this ayat is not talking of Mutaah at all - And it is clearly banned. So yeah, no need for further discussion.

just to wind this up....i will give u a link which actually proves how truthful u are:

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=682&Itemid=59

like i said, Quran cannot be faulty...hadith since it can hav fallable narrators..it can be....

All the groups that hold tight to the rope of Allah, i.e. Sahih Hadith + Qur'an + Sunnah are amongst this significant majority. Even if that part is not clear, it is clear that the hadith excludes groups that deviated from Prophet Muhammad's Islam after his death. But ofcourse, you dont believe in the authencity of this hadith . . . so why worry, eh?

lol....i like ure tone...but sadly its much more debate like...please calm down.....i hav only asked a simple question...atleast one of them is not deviant according to u...

I hope u will help me wrap up this discussion with ure next post by providing me answer to a question i asked..

regards
asda

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net