IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i believe Quran and Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i believe Quran and Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
2Acts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Acts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 5:02pm

Edited by 2Acts - 07 November 2016 at 11:43pm
Saved View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2016 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by muslim153 muslim153 wrote:

Hi please chat with me. I believe in the Quran and also the Bible. I believe Jesus was not God, but as Jesus said in John 8 "there are 2 witnesses, him and The Father." I believe the one called "The Father" is the God of the Quran. It's the same God.
I'd really like to talk to Muslims, or anyone haha.
In America people really don't believe in the Quran.
But THERE'S MORE SCIENCE AND MATH IN THE QURAN THAN IN THE BIBLE-i mean there's more proving the Quran came from God than evidence for the Bible.
I can't believe people grow old but still don't believe in the Quran. Pastors say the Quran is evil etc! That's evil that they say that, because they poison people's minds against the Quran.
People believe the Bible with NO evidence (they don't know the evidence) but they won't research the evidence of the Quran!! I think people who don't believe the Quran is true are spiritually dead.
What is the evidence of the Quran?
Ceo3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 10:36pm
Quran [7:101] " Such were the towns whose story We (thus) relate unto thee: There came indeed to them their messengers with clear (signs): But they would not believe what they had rejected before. Thus doth Allah seal up the hearts of those who reject faith."

Islam is based on faith and no amount of convincing will prove Quran word of God for those who reject faith. God released Moses AS people from oppression, opended a sea for them, sent food from heaven and they still rejected faith even though the signs were clear. Jesus AS raised people from the dead and people rejected Him.

Prophet SAW recited the Quran, a literary masterpiece in a time the Arabs had the highest regard for their language. Their sign was that none could replicate or better even one verse. Even so, the Quraysh justified their rejection of the Quran knowing the Prophet SAW was an honourable and truthful man.
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 5:15pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,

Well if so, thank you.
I hope that someday you will be returned to believe in the Quran.

Regards,
Asep
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 4:56am
Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 786SalamKhan,

-------------------------------
What you must do is prove with irrefutable evidence; when, where, why and how these books were either lost or corrupted.
Sorry, do you mean that I have to prove with irrefutable evidence for all the books or just the Quran?
I can only prove that the Quran is true and still maintained its authenticity, while on the other books I only have a little knowledge of it.

Then I am curious to ask you why you said "If you were to thoroughly Delve into my comment, you would Realise that the Bible and the Koran can not both be true." Can you explain to me if the Quran is not correct? Thanks.

Regards,
Asep

It seems you are still refusing to delve into my first post. Should I bother carrying on this conversation?

There are irreconcilable differences between the Bible and the Quran; the Bible, does teach what Traditional Christians believe, as my first post covers. The Bible is either true, or the Quran is true, both cannot be true at the same time. If the Bible is true, then anything contrary to the truth is by that very fact, false.

Muslims know this, and this is why they resort to claiming that the Bible is corrupted. Again, an incredible claim to make; they must prove with irrefutable evidence, when, where, how and why the Bible got corrupted. And even if they somehow manage to do so, the records of the "people of the book" being corrupted creates problems for the claim of Muhammad's prophethood being a continuation of the Abrahamic tradition.

From my external, athiest and experienced with people ripping me off the claim that any such holy book is not corrupted is the hard part to accept.

Can you show that any book has any more credibility than the others which we agree are wrong?

786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2016 at 1:10am
Dear Asep,

This is the first post of mine which I was referring to, read it, along with the hyperlinks attached, remember to click on the underlined:

Originally posted by 786SalamKhan 786SalamKhan wrote:

If you believe the Bible, you must keep in mind, you would not pick up a Quran, and interpret it however way you want.

There are many books in the Bible, the books of the New Testament were written by some of the Apostles of Christ; the Twelve, and the Seventy. These men either directly knew and were chosen by Christ Himself to spread the Gospel and Baptise in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, or, they directly knew the aforementioned men and also had authority to do what they did.

Obviously, the authors of the New Testament, knew what they were writing about, it is not up to someone two thousand years later to believe their own, differing interpretation holds more authority. The authors of the New Testament, and the rest of the Apostles, passed on their knowledge to whoever they deemed worthy to succeed them. This is known as Sacred Tradition and Apostolic Succession, equivalent to the Hadith and Sunnah in Islam. These Traditions in turn, are recorded in writing by the Church Fathers, the earliest of whom would be equivalent to the Salaf in Islam.

If you truly accept the Bible, it is now up to you to find the true Church that upholds the Traditions passed down by the Apostles of Christ.

As a lapsed Muslim, I currently am not convinced by the Quran.

Edited by 786SalamKhan - 10 October 2016 at 2:11pm
asep48garut60 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asep48garut60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 5:42pm
Dear 786SalamKhan,

I just highlights and to answer your opinion and question related to the Muslim faith, including:

-----------------------------------
If you believe the Bible, you must keep in mind, you would not pick up a Quran, and interpret it however way you want.

You present God as some sort of schizophrenic. Why not then join the Bahai or the Ahmadiyyah faith, do you see what my point is?
-----------------------------------

Is there something wrong about my responses to these points ?

In addition, I would like to response your question and ask you a question as follows:
------------------------
This question is for Muslims, coming from myself as a lapsed Muslim:
What does the claim that Jesus Christ Himself founded the Catholic Church, and gave Her divine authority to teach, mean to you?
----------------------------
1. I can't explain your question about "What does the claim that Jesus Christ Himself founded the Catholic Church, and the Gave Her divine authority to teach, mean to you?", Because I do not follow all non-muslim worship.
2. If you are a lapsed Muslim, do you believe in the Quran ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Asep

Edited by asep48garut60 - 09 October 2016 at 6:09pm
786SalamKhan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 786SalamKhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2016 at 4:19am
Originally posted by asep48garut60 asep48garut60 wrote:

Dear 786SalamKhan,

What you must do is prove with irrefutable evidence; when, where, why and how these books were either lost or corrupted.
Sorry, do you mean that I have to prove with irrefutable evidence for all the books or just the Quran?
I can only prove that the Quran is true and still maintained its authenticity, while on the other books I only have a little knowledge of it.

Then I am curious to ask you why you said "If you were to thoroughly Delve into my comment, you would Realise that the Bible and the Koran can not both be true." Can you explain to me if the Quran is not correct? Thanks.

Regards,
Asep

It seems you are still refusing to delve into my first post. Should I bother carrying on this conversation?

There are irreconcilable differences between the Bible and the Quran; the Bible, does teach what Traditional Christians believe, as my first post covers. The Bible is either true, or the Quran is true, both cannot be true at the same time. If the Bible is true, then anything contrary to the truth is by that very fact, false.

Muslims know this, and this is why they resort to claiming that the Bible is corrupted. Again, an incredible claim to make; they must prove with irrefutable evidence, when, where, how and why the Bible got corrupted. And even if they somehow manage to do so, the records of the "people of the book" being corrupted creates problems for the claim of Muhammad's prophethood being a continuation of the Abrahamic tradition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
  Share Topic