IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who or what is killing Christianity?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who or what is killing Christianity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ALEH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who or what is killing Christianity?
    Posted: 07 August 2006 at 7:44pm

Salam Alaikoam Patty sorry to hear about the passing of your father.  I lost mine when I was 11 and could not cry for the loss for ten years after that.

People may be going to church less but then all religions are experiencing a decline of attendence.

Salam

Anne Marie

Judgement day is born in each moment, a moment to see if we need Education, Counseling or Consultation to meet our challenges with grace and dignity for all. (My favorite surah is 99, 1-8)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2006 at 5:44pm

Dear BMZ,

My beloved Father died on July 8.  I am heartbroken....I am happy he is no longer suffering, and I know he is with Christ, but I'm crying because I miss him so much.

See "Muslim Funeral" on Page 2 of this topic.

Thank you for asking.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 8:54am

Patty,

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about the Catholic Church or Pope at all.

I have heard that people belonging to a local church in any US city or it's suburbs must remain members of the church they visit. The local priests do not like their church members poached by other nearby churches.

Perhaps, you are not aware of this. For example, I can go to nay mosque and offer my prayers, while Christians belonging to a certain church in their neighbourhood will only go to their local pastor's church.

How is dear Dad? May God ease his pain and suffering. Ameen.

Edited by bmzsp
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 2:38pm

bmz asked:

"I don't know if it is correct but I have heard that one cannot change or switch to another church, in the same city or town, if one wishes to. The local "Fathers" don't allow that. Is that true?"

Of course this is not true.  Not in America, and not in Catholicism or Christianity or both.  It deeply saddens me that you would even consider believing such trash.

As a Catholic I begun quite dismayed at the "myths" (I'm being polite here), or the "let's relive the Inquisition" mindset.  We are living in the here and now, and the Catholic Church is one of the, if not THE, greatest promoters of peace and love toward ALL human beings to be found.  Just this past weekend Pope Benedict set it aside as a time of prayer for peace throughout the Middle East.  Here is an excerpt from the prayers we offered up for those suffering in the Middle East.  We devoted much time praying for peace:

Pope declares day of prayer for Mideast peace

Jul. 20 (CWNews.com) - Pope Benedict XVI (bio - news) has called for a worldwide day of prayer and penance for peace in the Middle East, to be observed on Sunday, July 23.

In a statement released on July 20 through the Vatican press office, the Holy Father called upon "the pastors and faithful of all the particular churches, and believers of the world, to implore from God the precious gift of peace."

The Pope's statement listed specific petitions to be raised during the day of prayer and penance:

• for an immediate ceasefire,
  • for the opening of humanitarian corridors allowing the delivery of humanitarian aid, and
  • for reasonable and responsible negotiations to begin to put an end to objective situations of injustice that exist in that region."

Pope Benedict also encouraged relief agencies to provide help to those civilians caught up in the fighting.

The papal statement included a summation of the Holy See's viewpoint on the struggle:

In reality, the Lebanese have the right to see the integrity and sovereignty of their country respected, the Israelis the right to live in peace in their State, and the Palestinians have the right to have their own free and sovereign homeland.

There is just one more thing I would like to add.  It seems to me that even though I am not an Evangelical and my beliefs differ from many of theirs.....and even though I am not a Muslim, and my beliefs also differ from many Islamic teachings, I would never consider making fun of these people or their religion.  To mock those who are living their faith in the way they see fit, is a great sin, and only makes YOU look very small.  Perhaps we should all ask at who's expense we are making fun of other human beings.

May God's Peace Be With You All.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:33am

eliyahu,

The Arab & the Camel

It was a story that I read when I was a child. The story goes something like this in my own words, from recollection:

An Arab makes a stop in the desert. It is chilling cold in the winter night and he erects a tent for himself. After a while his camel pushes his face into the tent and tells the Arab that his mouth and nose feel cold and if he could keep his face in the tent, to keep it warm. The Arab agrees.

A little while later, the camel complains that his neck is feeling numb from the cold and if he could keep the neck in the tent. The Arab agrees and moves to the tent corner.

A little while later, the camel complains that his forelegs are feeling the cold and if he could put the legs in the tent. The Arab, being too kind, accomodates his request and further squeezes himself in the corner.

A little later, the camel complains that his backbody is almost freezing. The Arab understands and agrees to the camel's request and as the camel takes up the entire tent, out goes the Arab from the tent.  Now you know who the camel is?   

Edited by bmzsp
eliyahu1 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliyahu1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 9:00am

bmzsp,

Thanks for the information. I will look up those places in the Qur'aan. I would like to read about the fable you mentioned. Is there a link or something that may have it? As for the question about the land grab, I am not clear as to what specifically you are reffering to. Do you mean the entire state of Israel's land or certain parts which they reside in or claim?

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2006 at 5:01am

eliyahu1,

From you: "I was not aware of that about the Qur'aan's teachings about that. Where does it say that (I have an English copy)? Do the Hadith state anything about that?"

Please read Verses 22 to 26 of Surah 5 AlMaedah (The Table) Verse 21 is the verse that you are looking for. While you are at it, please read Verse 17 also.  We don't have to look for any hadith as Qur'aan is already specific and clear.

From you: "Also, my understanding is that many Muslims believe that once a geographic area is ruled by Islam, it must remain under Islam's rule forever and is "holy" in that respect."

I don't agree with that as Muslims have not put any claims for India and Spain.  

From you: "This is part of the reason for the desire of many to uproot and/or destroy the nation of Israel in its location which was once ruled by the religion of Islam. That land is forever banned from the rule of any other religion or people other than the "house of peace" which is Islam. Is that true?"

The Jews lived for centuries in that land with Muslims. The modern nation of Israel is destroying itself like a lemming, in my humble opinion. It is not a religious issue but a political one. If one wants to live in peace, one should also let others live in in peace and respect  their life, rights and ownership of properties. You have already seen the respect of life shown by Israel when  for two men it has killed over four hundred innocent civilians.

How the Jews were treated in non-Muslim lands is well-known. You can look at other "houses of love and peace" and their records are not admirable at all. I will leave the politics out here.

From you: "Is there any teaching which clarifies which specific land(s) are counted as set apart for the Jews or "holy" for some reason? What makes the land "holy?" Do some Muslims still deny that certain lands were or are given to Jews by God in the middle east in spite of the Qur'aan?"

No, there is no such teaching. The teaching is already evident by what I quoted above. Muslims are angry at the land grab by Israel, do you approve of it?

Have you read that short fable "The Arab and the Camel"?  It fits Israel very well.

Edited by bmzsp
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 8:20pm

Maryah,

David said it so well.   Fortunately our Tabligh preachers are not too much into television.

Edited by bmzsp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic