Print Page | Close Window

Kaaba a Hindu Temple?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9628
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 4:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kaaba a Hindu Temple?
Posted By: Delta
Subject: Kaaba a Hindu Temple?
Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 5:42am
It is nothing new that Kaaba in pre-Muhammad time was a place of pagan idols

Even Muslims accept that tragedy, the only Hope they have is tracing the origins of Kaaba back to Abraham time

I don't agree with that, historians also don't agree, they are alone in that claim

"proud to be alone", I could tragically say

1) FIRST

Abraham and Ishmael never put foot in Mecca, just because it is impossible, i.e., It is geographically impossible.

Abraham was in Beersheba. How could he, a hundred-year-old man, with a slave girl and a small child have endured a trip to Mecca, nearly one thousand miles away and separated by rugged mountains and virtually impassible desert ?!

The Empty Quarter, the most harsh place on earth, How could a little child 3 years old, and a very old man pass through this desert ?

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0502/feature1/?fs=www3.nationalgeographic.com&fs=plasma.nationalgeographic.com - http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0502/feature1/?fs=ww w3.nationalgeographic.com&fs=plasma.nationalgeographic.c om

Abraham and Ishmael would have had superpowers

A OLD man and a little child traveling thousands of miles into harsh desert and montains, How could they ?

Little wonder the Islamic scriptures don�t bother to tell us how they accomplished this impossible voyage...

2) SECOND

A Jew is defined as a person of the Hebrew religion of Judaism and of Hebrew parents (especially the mother).

It has to be a combination of both � Judaism and Hebrew parentage. Seen in another angle ; a person, cannot be a Jew and also a Muslim at the same time. How can he be practicing two faiths � Judaism and Islam (which contradicts, and is opposite beliefs to each other) ?

In other words, a Muslim cannot be a Jew, and a Jew cannot be a Muslim. There is no such thing, as a �Muslim Jew� or �Jewish Muslim�.

It is that simple.

3) THIRD

ABRAHAM & FAMILY TOMB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs

In Machpelah - The Cave of Machpelah, Tomb of the Patriarch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs

It is curious enough that the direction of Abraham, his family and descendants all laid to rest, nicely in a row with their feet pointing in a 155 degrees, in a south/south-east direction, directly to Mecca (Kaaba).

YES, GO SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES

Archeologists and scientists, says that this is probably because of the way the Machpelah cave is situated.

Why are Abraham, etc, laid to rest with their feet pointing to the Kaaba ?

Isn�t it an insult to Allah�s God-House Kaaba, for them who Allah claims are Muslims to show their feet to the Kaaba ?

Showing the feet, is an insult in Asian cultures ?

3)
FOURTH

Kaaba a Hindu Temple?

http://www.hinduism.co.za/kaabaa.htm

Replies:
Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:38am

Obviously it is also curious that you being non-muslim are challenging us muslims and our beliefs. I have almost heard every argument regarding Islam. Islam borrowed from Jews. Islam borrowed from Christians. Now the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple. I looked at your site and it is from Hindu website obviously now you're trying to prove the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple. First, the Kaaba housed prior to Muhammad's arrival, more that 360 idols and was the center of trade as you may now know.

Second majority of your comments are regarding Abraham and not the Kaaba so I find your argument quite flawed. All you have to show is a simple website. why don't you prove that the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple first before trying to prove Abraham never went to Mecca.

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

why don't you prove that the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple first before trying to prove Abraham never went to Mecca.

Are related issues, because muslims trace the Kaaba history back to Abraham

But Arabian Peninsula was part of Hindu empire under the King Vikramaditya

See Here how He did ruled over Arabian Peninsula :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikramaditya

The Zam-Zam water, your rituals, everything

Know you can trace all that to Hindu Empire, and King
Vikramaditya

I'm not a agnostic, I'm not atheist, I'm Roman Catholic

I'm just trying to show how irracional are some myths from Islam

Believe in what you want

I HAD FOUND RELIGION  THROUGH GOD ALMIGHTY

NOT

GOD ALMIGHTY THROUGH ANY RELIGION

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:44am

Funny you mentioned this because P.N. Oak also believes Islam and christianity are distortions of Vedic beliefs:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purushottam_Nagesh_Oak - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purushottam_Nagesh_Oak

I don't think your Catholic "myths" are safe from Hinduism as well.....lol

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 8:48am

As far as any disagreements concerning the Kaaba why not look at it here and its pre-islamic history:

Before Islam

Little is known of the pre-Islamic history of the Kaaba. Wensinck, writing in the Encyclopedia of Islam, identifies it with a place called Macoraba mentioned by the Roman geographer Ptolemy mention of Mecca. Ptolemy's text is believed to date from the second century AD., before the rise of Islam.[6]

Patricia Crone disagrees with most academic historians on most issues concerning the history of early Islam, including the history of the Kabaa. In Meccan Trade and the Rise of Islam, Crone writes that she believes that the identification of Macoraba with the kaaba is false, and that Macoraba was a town in southern Arabia, in what was then known as Arabia Felix.[7]

Many accounts, including Muslim accounts, and some accounts written by academic historians, stress the power and importance of the pre-Islamic Mecca. They depict it as a city grown rich on the proceeds of the spice trade. Crone believes that this is an exaggeration and that Mecca may only have been an outpost trading with nomads for leather, cloth, and camel butter. Crone argues that if Mecca had been a well-known center of trade, it would have been mentioned by later authors such as Procopius, Nonnosus, and the Syrian church chroniclers writing in Syriac. However, the town is absent from any geographies or histories written in the last three centuries before the rise of Islam.[8]

According to The Encyclopaedia Britannica, "before the rise of Islam it was revered as a sacred sanctuary and was a site of pilgrimage."[9] According to the German historian Eduard Glaser, the name "Kaaba" may have been related to the southern Arabian or Ethiopian word "mikrab", signifying a temple.[6] Again, Crone disputes this etymology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba#Before_Islam - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba#Before_Islam

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:10am
1) FIRST

Human History is like building a house, stone by stone, little by little, what is unseen today is seen tomorrow

You can quote a Encyclopedia printed before Einstein birth, and you will not find nothing about relativity, or the state of Israel

Yes, it is little known, but what you can't deny is that there was new archaeological findings in Kuwait

You must have a later revision of that Encyclopedias, do you have them ? because they must mention that findings in Kuwait

About Krishna, there is similarities between that Hindu God and   Jesus, the major one is divine incarnation

Nevertheless, Krishna and Jesus are only theological similarities, NOT HISTORICAL ONES and RITUALS OR CULTURE, moreover you have ancient Arabic poetry that you can READ and SEE that describes all ancient rituals and culture - Makhatab Sultania Library in Turkey

2) SECOND

You can read again that Abraham trip related verses in KORAN

Make a mathematical guess about His age, and also the age of Ishmael

The city were they are living before they engage in that
journey to Mecca

Then, take a HUMAN MAP

See the distance, see if there is montains , and the Empty Quarter

And then rationally, THINK...is that possible ?

3)
THIRD

YOU CAN GO YOURSELF TO Machpelah

right ?

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 11:21am

Delta, There should be some limit to the flight of mind. Next you will say that Abraham was a Hindu. Or Jesus was a Hindu.

In the old testament, it is written that Ishmael had twelve sons. They were princes. Their names are also mentioned in the OT. There are cities in the Arabia by the names of the sons of Ishmael.

Delta, can you please tell me where those children of Ishmael vanished??? Where they have disappeared?? Also remember that you claiming to be an RC, know that the seed of Abraham through Ishmael was also to multiply exceedingly. That means they are present in this world today and they are the Arabs who say that they are the descendents of Abaraham. They circumsize. That was the everlasting covenant made by Allah with Abraham well before the birth of Issac. Tell me why the Arabs (Muslims) circumsize if they are not the desendents of Abraham.

I tell you that Jews may be the desendents of Abraham. But the christians are not. They are cut off from being the seed of Abraham. Do not go to any Pedia. Remain in the OT and NT and Quran please. Thanks.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 3:36pm

Delta,

I'm not denying the fact that in Pre-Islam Arabia there was some sort of ruler and perhaps in that time prior to the coming of Muhammad, the land was ruled by an Indian King. I am not denying that perhaps there are inscriptions in the Kaa'ba which relate to this Indian King. However, in any history in any country you will have rulers that have came and went and have implanted their philosophy and religious thought into the cultures they ruled and after they are gone their imprint is still within that society. Regardless, whether this king ruled Arabian Pennisula or not does not necessitate that Islam as a religion is faulty.

I've read articles by hard core christians that try to refute even the name "Allah" mind you these critics are not fluent in Arabic nor do they speak any of the Semitic languages. Mainly most of these critics look at the letters of the Arabic alphabet and their historical associations and generate a theory simply stating how Allah relates to a goddess or some deity of the moon. Without a thought on the implications of the name Allah they say that Allah is simply a moon god (and in this case a Hindu god).

Regardless of all this B.S. in different cultures God has many names. Just because Arab Muslims and Christians alike call "God" Allah does not mean what they worship are two entirely different entities but in fact worship the same entity!

Did you know God in english derives from the German word Got which is a god of the pagan Norse culture? So regardless what you've present are historical evidenes of a culture that existed before Islam ame to Arabia but it has nothing to do with the religion of Islam nor proves that the Kaaba is not a temple dedicated to the God of this universe. Try again Delta.

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 12:24am

Did you know God in english derives from the German word Got which is a god of the pagan Norse culture?

Try again Delta.

As far as I know English is West Germanic language that originated from the Anglo-Frisian dialects

But OK, forget that Hindu temple, that is just a new theory that came recently.

I'm just don't like to see people deceived by myths, being slaves of rituals, unable to question anything, without free will. If you are free of that, that's good. But this is my reason of that apparently hate of islam religion and its Quadrinity (allah + Mohammad + Quaran + Mecca ).

Normally When I point some theological contradiction, historical contradiction, or any logic problem from the Qu'ran...you all don't have a true answer

Do you wish to know another ?

When man dies we can go to paradise and Get all that well known awards, or go to hell of course

But if we go to paradise, we will get a new Body right ? otherwise we couldn't enjoy all the gifts of luxury, honey, wine...etc...etc...

If we get a new body, why then the need of resurrection ? to have a second body ? a better body ? you don't need resurrection

I already have a answer from some Muslims Brothers :

Answer 1 :

Allah knows best. ALL I know for SURE is that we will indeed be resurrected "from the tips of our fingers" to the rest of our being.

Answer 2 :

Don't question the God that created you and everything else, question yourself, who are YOU and have you done what you should be doing?

Do you have a better answer ?

And I could fill a thread with all theological problems and fallacies from the Qu'ran

wish another ?

Face your prayers to Mecca was only because Mohammad tribe and all tribes around the desert used to pray to Mecca

The Quran is the only doctrine to require its followers to face/pray to a building.  Sura 2:144

How can the Muslims face the Kaaba, when the earth is round, except to face the outer space ? Didn�t Allah knew that the earth was a sphere (round) ?

If your are in the opposite side in earth, you are unable to face your prayers to Kaaba

See ?

The Qu'ran is full of that

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:00am

Delta, I have no answer for your Hindu question because frankly its another trap to start an argument. I just told you that I'm not gonna deny any historical influences that was placed upon the Kaaba before Muhammad. You know what that means? YOU MAY BE RIGHT! Regardless whether this is true or not does not prove that Islam is wrong. If you wanna talk about religions I can easily talk about Catholicism (and refute its ridiculous philosophy). But honestly I don't care what you say anymore you didnt create the thread with the intent to discuss rather argue.

BTW your questioning regarding why we face the Kaaba is quite dumb and it seems that this is the result of your incomptence in theology.

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:06am
===

BTW your questioning regarding why we face the Kaaba is quite dumb and it seems that this is the result of your incomptence in theology.

====

Why ?

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:48am

Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

wish another ?

Face your prayers to Mecca was only because Mohammad tribe and all tribes around the desert used to pray to Mecca

The Quran is the only doctrine to require its followers to face/pray to a building.  Sura 2:144

How can the Muslims face the Kaaba, when the earth is round, except to face the outer space ? Didn�t Allah knew that the earth was a sphere (round) ?

If your are in the opposite side in earth, you are unable to face your prayers to Kaaba

See ?

The Qu'ran is full of that

Delta, you make NO sense here.

Btw, have you heard of a compass

Quote If your are in the opposite side in earth, you are unable to face your prayers to Kaaba

as for this, well, you just turn around again then you face kaaba

As for the kaaba being hindu or whatever, everyone knows that it used be a pagan site for 360 gods. What is your point ???

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 1:59am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

LOL

OK

I'm not a mathematician so lets make a experience

take a big orange, stick 2 pins in opposite sides, and see if one can see the other

In a big scale, such as the earth, unless you have a curved and long neck you can't

and the Earth is not totally round, as a circle, it is slightly oval

what is worst

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 2:15am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

LOL

OK

I'm not a mathematician so lets make a experience

take a big orange, stick 2 pins in opposite sides, and see if one can see the other

In a big scale, such as the earth, unless you have a curved and long neck you can't

and the Earth is not totally round, as a circle, it is slightly oval

what is worst

what is worst ?? no sense here

have you heard of navigation by the stars and sun  that is what people, especially nomads use to travel by  

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 2:46am

Delta is arguing for nothing. Ka'abah is a symbol of unity for the Muslims. Delta has no need to pray to any one. So he need not have to face any where. Muslims have to pray more than five times a day all over the world at certain times.

The world is a globe (sphere). There is a place for Makkah. Every where on the earth (except for a solitary point exactly opposite the Makkah) the direction for the Ka'abah can found. There is no difficulty. Twice in a year, the Sun is directly overhead at Makkah. It passes over Makkah. At that time, the dirextion of the shadow of a vertical pole can give the true dirextion to Makkah.

Muslims have to pray in cities and villages in many countries. If there was no rule then how could the direction for prayer be managed?? In one village, one mosque would be facing eastwards, the other westwards. In one house one man will be praying facing North, the other one nearby will be facing south. That would become a joke and I am sure Delta will not be happy about that. He would have some other objection then.  ..........

-------------

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 3:26am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

... He would have some other objection then.  ..........

LOL :)

A lot of questions

whatever you say, there is never LOS (line of sight) to Mecca in opposite sides.

Well, never mind, Allah also says that Christians have Qiblah to where we face our prayers

Sura 2:145

"�nor canst thou (Muslims) be a follower of their (Christian) Qiblah;�

Why does Allah not know that the One True Christian God is everywhere and so a Qiblah is of no use to Christians ?

see ?

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 7:53am

I do not believe that God is talking about the Christians in thatverse 2:145.

nor canst thou (Muslims) be a follower of their (Christian) Qiblah;�

The Jews had a Qiblah. They built it but it was destroyed a few times. The christians never had any Qiblah. Theyhad disowned the love and line of Abraham and broken the everlasting covenant with God. So there is not to be any word Christian in that translation.

Of Jews can be mentioned. And Jews and christians are not the only people who have been given the book. There are Iranians and Indians and Chinese too. But the christians do not believe that. They think that God belongs to them only and God does not beling to any other nation nor has HE revealed himself to any other nation. Is that a good belief?? Seems very narrow minded attitude.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 11:06am
Man must be convinced by reason, and not by presenting false allegations

It is fairly enough that muslims and non-muslims knows everything in order to make a rational choice

I asked that same question in a stricter muslim forum , here the answer :

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14244

I don't like to see people deceived by any kind of believing system, and acting as slaves without question anything, as blinding minds, or zombies

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 11:09am
Nevertheless I'm waiting the answer to the last question

lol :)

Posted By: Quraysh
Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 2:20pm

We Muslims give up up reason in matters of Faith.
Kabah could have been whatever anyone claims to what it had been 1400+ years ago, so what, Christians follow so many pagan derieved festivals, namely their main festival. So even if it was a 'hindu' temple too bad they can't have it back!

yeah Abraham and Ishmael didn't put foot in the Kaba they built it!
how could have they endured it, lets just say he was man of a strong will

Abraham was neither a jew, christian but a true monotheist, he believed and worshiped One God who created him.

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Quraysh Quraysh wrote:

We Muslims give up up reason in matters of Faith.

Amazing, as if God doesn't have any reason or intelligence, or ultimately  the humans...whatever

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 8:24pm

One thing that I have found to be true is that Moslems and Islam values organization and structure. We have exact ways all people  pray, how we line up etc. It brings structure and organization. Hence it makes sense for people to face in towards the same place.  It brings unity to people.

And honestly most Moslems do not even "see" the Kaaba. It is about organization. As a child, I would go to Church and we'd look at (a child's words) "a dead guy on a cross" with bloody hands, and nails in his hands and feet and crown of thorns. I tell you it was morbid and depressing. When I pray as a moslem, yes I face the Kaaba, but I face no one in human form.

Also, this does not mean we  do not do our own prayers (Duas) that are given at any time. We do not face any direction.  

Whatever past Mecca had before Islam, really is not very important. People and ideas have been interchanged throughout history. Some Hindus  and others were there. So what?

As far as age of Abraham, as a Catholic, Delta, do you believe in the Virgin Birth? If that can happen, then an older man and a young child can go places and travel. Why not?

we of course will only know so much about "history" from so far back. And really what is the relavance of it? You base your "beliefs" on really, an imcomplete history of Jesus (PBUH) (How much do we really know?)

Islam is about believing in One God and worshiping One God. It is really simple to me. Cathlicism says I should beleive that Jesus- was a man, who was God, or is God, came to save me for my sins. But I never met him. I must show blind obedience to another person. In Islam, no person, or person-figure ever can or should come between you and God.

Peace

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 27 June 2007 at 10:05pm
People outside of our club (u might not be smart enough to understand, so i'll let you know what that means, Muslims) After we have believed in God and His messenger, He provides us with a gazillion signs to use our intelligence to increase our faith in Him, but you won't get that. We also kiss a stone on the Kabaa..what do u have to say to that, we are stone worshipers?!

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:48am

=======
As a child, I would go to Church and we'd look at (a child's words) "a dead guy on a cross" with bloody hands, and nails in his hands and feet and crown of thorns. I tell you it was morbid and depressing.
=========

Jesus would always have been sent, even if humanity had never sinned, but the fact that they did sin determines his role as a savior

That type of a vision is impossible to Muslims just because your faith denies development of the human race, which Jews and Christians don't do

I think you believe in a fable and in the legend of Adam and Eve, against everything that is known and accepted by the entire world, about all living being development and evolution

Amazing

====
As far as age of Abraham, as a Catholic, Delta, do you believe in the Virgin Birth? If that can happen, then an older man and a young child can go places and travel. Why not?
=====

What was considered a impossible task, science did show that there is a possibility. A woman can became pregnant just using her own cells without any sexual intercourse with a man, the CLONING is only a ethical problem

I don't deny science and religion, but God does know better how to produce a clone from Himself, just because God is the first cause (principium) and last end of all things ( causes )

=========
we of course will only know so much about "history" from so far back. And really what is the relavance of it? You base your "beliefs" on really, an imcomplete history of Jesus (PBUH) (How much do we really know?)
==========

Not much, really, but enough to deny the Koran claiming that He never died

========
Islam is about believing in One God and worshiping One God. It is really simple to me. Cathlicism says I should beleive that Jesus- was a man, who was God, or is God, came to save me for my sins. But I never met him. I must show blind obedience to another person. In Islam, no person, or person-figure ever can or should come between you and God.
=========

Yes, Islam is simple, really simple, Allah is simple to be understood

Trinity is not

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 1:53am

why don't you prove that the Kaaba is a Hindu Temple first before trying to prove Abraham never went to Mecca.

Are related issues, because muslims trace the Kaaba history back to Abraham

But Arabian Peninsula was part of Hindu empire under the King Vikramaditya

See Here how He did ruled over Arabian Peninsula :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikramaditya

The Zam-Zam water, your rituals, everything

Know you can trace all that to Hindu Empire, and King
Vikramaditya

I'm not a agnostic, I'm not atheist, I'm Roman Catholic

I'm just trying to show how irracional are some myths from Islam

Believe in what you want

I HAD FOUND RELIGION  THROUGH GOD ALMIGHTY

NOT

GOD ALMIGHTY THROUGH ANY RELIGION

Hmmmm..

And now some of the Roman Catholic Myths..according to some researchers and historians of the non traditional genre:

Did you know that the Bible was constructed in the 3rd council by the Nicene council headed by the pagan emperor Constantine?

Did you know that some of your saints were constructed from many ancient Roman Gods during the council. They merged beliefs in order to make it acceptable to the Romans to whom they intended to make  the new brand of Christianity the new state religion?

That Christmas, or an early version of it, was created at this time and place on Dec 25th, the Feast of the Saturnalia, or winter equinox. It was a pagan Roman Festival.

You see myths abound. Constantine had the earlier manuscripts prior to 3 C.E destroyed, the Quran was handed down by oral tradition, very important in Arabic society.

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 3:27am
========

Did you know that the Bible was constructed in the 3rd council by the Nicene council headed by the pagan emperor Constantine?

===========

Yes, the Bible was compiled and approved by Nicea Concil, they collected all manuscripts that were recited in all Christians ceremonies, and were always considered as genuine and authentic, those that didn't contradict the ancient doctrines and traditions. THE LATIN VULGATE, minus changes was made since then, mostly punctuations and spellings

==========
Did you know that some of your saints were constructed from many ancient Roman Gods during the council. They merged beliefs in order to make it acceptable to the Romans to whom they intended to make  the new brand of Christianity the new state religion?
==========

Yes, Due to Roman Paganism, it was decided to devote each day of the calendar to a Christian Saint, martyrs mostly, or Church Fathers

=========
That Christmas, or an early version of it, was created at this time and place on Dec 25th, the Feast of the Saturnalia, or winter equinox. It was a pagan Roman Festival.
============

Yes, 25 Dec never was the historical true birthday of Jesus.

It was the only way to easily convert a Pagan Society as Rome, just convert that pagan ceremonies in a Christian Ceremony remembering the earliest Church Fathers, and all of martyrs perpetuated by  Roman Empire - Nero  etc...etc..

Mohammad did the same in order to His Own religion to be accepted by that powerful pagan society such as Mecca, He just destroyed all 360 Gods and left only Allah, in the first years even the daughters of Allah....which was abrogated later by Mohammad, not Allah

Nowadays Allah can be accepted as slightly image of YAWEH, but the origins where truly pagan. Arabs accepted more easily, after all Allah was already there since pre-Mohammad times in the Kaaba

That Christian Saints are not myths, they existed, there is manuscripts, wittings made by those Church Fathers, all over the world

=======
You see myths abound. Constantine had the earlier manuscripts prior to 3 C.E destroyed, the Quran was handed down by oral tradition, very important in Arabic society.
==========

Destroyed ? they still exist in museums and libraries

Whereas, the Quran was made by "Oral Tradition", yes..correct

Hadiths of Bukhari v. 6:509 p 477-478.

"There was no organized manuscript of the Qur�an prior to the death of Muhammad (pbuh). Most who memorized the verses of the Quran were killed in the Battle of Yamamah, and Abu Bakr was worried because some parts of the Quran were lost�.

Why couldn�t Allah protect the Quran if it is so divine ?

So many verses lost for ever, a book not arranged in importance, continuity, holiness, biography, chronology, spirituality, significance or sequence of any sort.

A book with a bunch of do�s and don�ts with threats, punishments, retaliations and rewards specified by Allah. A book without any parables, biography of any prophets, history, geography of associated places, dates and description of events, most family members of prophets, chronology, sequence of events, psalms, proverbs, inspiration, etc.

Even Hajjaj bin Yusuf, governor of Iraq, was proud of inserting more than 1,000 alifs (first letter of the Arabic alphabet) in the the Koranic text.

I wonder how many changes did muslims made in God's Word until the last version of the Quran was determined

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 3:43am

People outside of our club (u might not be smart enough to understand, so i'll let you know what that means, Muslims) After we have believed in God and His messenger, He provides us with a gazillion signs to use our intelligence to increase our faith in Him, but you won't get that. We also kiss a stone on the Kabaa..what do u have to say to that, we are stone worshipers?!

Can a DOG understand the nature of a Human Being ?
Can a DOG understand the Intelligence of a Human Being ?

As brother Hayfa said it easy to understand God in that Human way, the Heaven etc...because it is simplest - God's World - the Throne of God - beyond time and space and physics, beyond Human understanding

But people believes in what they want

A good religion must produce good FRUITS, if you are comfortable  with  everything, good

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:19pm
Delta:
         Your started this thread based on some BS started by a crackpot and American Embassy employee in Indian capital who became a revisionist historian in order to cover up the shame of Indian servitude of over a 1000 years under Muslims. I can tell that is your heartfelt desire but how is it going to pan out?

I am looking at the Rand Mcnally's Atlas of the world history, what I don't see is the parts Makkah & Madinah have ever been under any of the super powers of old who were the biggies like of Persians and Alexandrians except of course the Muslims' own Ummayads, Abbasides and Ottomans.
Don't believe go buy one or go to your local library if you have one!!!

The Indians barely went past Afghanistan or Persia in the heydays of Chandragupta or Ashoka's Mauryan dynasty.

That knucklehead happens put forward a hypothesis  that  TAJ MAHAL was a shrine of Hindu deities too. WHo will buy that in todays  world? Yes if the Hindus are so jealous of Mumtaz Mahal/ Shah Jahan's jewel of a mausoleum where many heads of states have gone to be a witness of the historical monument.

They can destroy it just like they did the Babri Mosque cuz they have the majority and the power but that is about it.

Fat chance for rewrite of the history!

If the Moguls were like the Catholic inquisitors and had eliminated all the Hindus in India but being Muslims it couldn't be!

I think Israfil indicated that in one his posts but you seemed to ignore for being a Portuguese Catholic.. You know what does it mean in American slang?

Your own credibility has been shot to hell with your reference to Oak's crap.

You can't even  protect your own Catholicism from the assertion of this awful Indian buffoon.

This is what your favorite author says about your own church: How do ya like them apples!!!!!!!!

He says that Christianity began as a form of devotion to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna" title="Krishna - Krishna . According to Oak, "Christianity is a mal-pronunciation of the Sanskrit term Chrisn-nity also spelled as Krishna-neeti. Since Bhagavad Geeta is the book of Krishna-neeti, what we know as Christianity is a fossiled, broken branch of the Vedic tree, and in fact the ancient Bhagavad Geeta cult." Oak argues that the Papacy was "a Vedic priesthood" until http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great" title="Constantine the Great - Constantine the Great killed the Vedic pope to replace him with the head of the hitherto unimportant Christian sect. This instantly ensured the Europe-wide triumph of Christianity because of the "sacred sway of the holy hoary Vedic priest known as the Shankaracharya"
What do say now I think you are too juvenile to know any better. You need to grow up first before you waste more of IC people's valuable time.
CUZ I believe I replied on the travels of Prophet Ibrahim some time ago and you are back with that question.

Let's get this thing settled first then will see the answers to rest of your claptrap!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:16pm

Can a DOG understand the nature of a Human Being ?
Can a DOG understand the Intelligence of a Human Being ?

As brother Hayfa said it easy to understand God in that Human way, the Heaven etc...because it is simplest - God's World - the Throne of God - beyond time and space and physics, beyond Human understanding

But people believes in what they want

A good religion must produce good FRUITS, if you are comfortable  with  everything, good

Hmmmm..
And what good fruits has your religion produced!
I know the local diocese is in bankruptcy because of some of the behaviours of its clergy.
You shall know the tree by its fruits?
I really am sorry for the common faithful. They are good people.

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:16pm

Thanks Sign*Reader, very good exposition of this Delta (Traingular fellow, Trinitarian). Delta should know that he has no faith. His religion is out moded and that is why, in disgust he is trying to malign the good religion i.e. Islam. What Delta is trying to do is that he wants to prove that he and his religion is false/ bad. He is trying to prove that Islam also the same bad. That is not a good way.

It would have been better to for him to show some good things of his religion.

Abraham a.s. visited Arabia many times. Not once only. He was a great travellor. God promised him all the land that he could see. God said that He would give him all that land in inheritance. He was surprised because he had no issue (children from a barren wife sarah). So what was the use of all that land.

So Abraham a.s. prayed to Allah to grant him some inheritor. Allah gave him Ishmael. Allah made everlastin covenant with Abraham that his seed should be circumcised. Hedid that.

Please all friends note here the wisdom of Abraham or the divine guidance given to him by Allah. He took his wife hagar (Hajirah, the Egyptian young lady) and son and took them away to a faraway place in the heart of Arabia. That was under a divine plan. There he left his wife a very young son and came back to Palestine (Kanaan).

Later he went there again to see his family. He was only 86+ years old. Nothing much. By the time, Ishamael was grown up and running about, They together built a house of worship (Ka'abah) that is the oldest house of worship in the world. And hey pryed to Allah to send to the people a prophet from amongst themselves who would help coorect the lives of the people and guide them to Allah.

In those days, Abraham saw the vision that he was sacrificing his son in the way of Allah. He prepared to do that and asked the opinion of his son Ishmael, how did he feel about it.... Ishmael replied in the affirmative.... Issac was not even born then.

(Continued..)

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:45pm

Continued....

Abraham almost sacrificed his son Ishmael in the way of Allah. That was his dearest thing, a son, the only son, the first born son of old age who was born according to the news and promise of Allah. The name of Ishamel was also informed / suggested / selected by Allah.

Abraham passed the great test of the sacrifice. Allah was much more pleased with him. So Allah gave him another son Issac. That was when Abraham was 99 years old. He was fit and healthy. Abraham lived a life of 175 years (See Gen. 25:7). So how could he not travel at the age of 90 years. Delta does not know anything at all.

After that sacrifice business, Abraham visited his son Ishamel's  house (in son's absentia) a few times.

Now I come to the wisdom of Abaraham. he had two sons from Hagar and sarah. He settled them far apart from each other. each one getting a good inheritance. There is no question of disinheriting Ishamel at all. Ishmael also had the land and the spiritual inheritance. It is sad that the children of Jacob deny that. The land of Kanaan was promised to the children of Jacob. The land of Arabia was for the children of Ishmael. That is where they are settled even today, all over Arabia even upto Yemen.

The important thing. The wilderness of Arabia, near Makkah, was all tribal. Nobody had any interest in that area. No body occupied it. That was different to Kanaan and Syria and Egypt. The Arabs remained free and roaming. The Kanaan area was occupied by Romans at the time of Jesus a.s. There was lot of trouble for Jesus (Isa) a.s.

That did not happen in the case of our prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. Because it was area not under any king. The struggle was there but  without a king on top of them. That helped the last prophet Muhammad to succeed by the Will of Allah. That was all the good work and prayers of Abraham a.s. Look where he settled his son Ishmael in the heart of Arabia. Thanks to Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 2:06am
=========
Your started this thread based on some BS started by a crackpot and American Embassy employee in Indian capital who became a revisionist historian in order to cover up the shame of Indian servitude of over a 1000 years under Muslims. I can tell that is your heartfelt desire but how is it going to pan out?
===========

Yeah Professor P.N. Oak, believes that the whole world has been duped. It is a theory. Maybe a Hypothetical protocontinent with a  advanced and ancient vedic culture that was a global society

But that's not the point, you are diverging from the main point, confusing questions of Fact with questions of Relevance, making a flip-flop of the true origins of all the ritual practices in Kaaba

Nothing to do with crackpot Professor P.N. Oak, and theories

========
I am looking at the Rand Mcnally's Atlas of the world history, what I don't see is the parts Makkah & Madinah have ever been under any of the super powers of old who were the biggies like of Persians and Alexandrians except of course the Muslims' own Ummayads, Abbasides and Ottomans.
===========

Why not a Turkey Library ?

A inscription of King Vikramaditya was found on a gold dish hung inside the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, proving beyond doubt that the Arabian Peninsula formed a part of his Indian Empire.

(Ref: page 315 of a volume known as �Sayar-ul-Okul� treasured in the Makhtab-e-Sultania library in Istanbul, Turkey).

the inscription says:

"Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during king Vikram�s reign. He was a noble, generous dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare of his subjects. But at that time we Arabs, oblivious of God, were lost in sensual pleasures. Plotting and torture were rampant. The darkness of ignorance had enveloped our country. Like the lamb struggling for her life in the cruel paws of a wolf we Arabs were caught up in ignorance. The entire country was enveloped in a darkness so intense as on a new moon night. But the present dawn and pleasant sunshine of education is the result of the favour of the noble king Vikramaditya whose benevolent supervision did not lose sight of us- foreigners as we were. He spread his sacred religion amongst us and sent scholars whose brilliance shone like that of the sun from his country to ours. These scholars and preceptors through whose benevolence we were once again made cognisant of the presence of God, introduced to His sacred existence and put on the road of Truth, had come to our country to preach their religion and impart education at king Vikramaditya�s behest."

===================================
That knucklehead happens put forward a hypothesis  that  TAJ MAHAL was a shrine of Hindu deities too. WHo will buy that in todays  world? Yes if the Hindus are so jealous of Mumtaz Mahal/ Shah Jahan's jewel of a mausoleum where many heads of states have gone to be a witness of the historical monument.

They can destroy it just like they did the Babri Mosque cuz they have the majority and the power but that is about it.

Forget Professor P.N. Oak, and theories

Why not trying to find some articles about the KING Vikramaditya ?

I'm not a historian

============
If the Moguls were like the Catholic inquisitors and had eliminated all the Hindus in India but being Muslims it couldn't be!
============

You can see in Inquisition a version of Christian's Kingdom Sharia, and how it is dangerous to mix up religion with civil affairs. During that middle-age times the Pope was often threatened of SCHISM by kings all over Europe. It was not a Catholicism Inquisition, but King's Inquisition. There is much to say about that

==================
I think Israfil indicated that in one his posts but you seemed to ignore for being a Portuguese Catholic.. You know what does it mean in American slang?

=======================

I don't ignore nothing what is factual

==============
He says that Christianity began as a form of devotion to Krishna.
===============

Krishna is just the hero of the 18th chapter of the novel or epic Mahabharata, the Bhagavad-gita, who never existed as a person

He is the result of divinization of a novel hero, like the Greek or Roman gods. It is like making a god out of Hamlet or Sherlock Holmes who never existed, only in the mind of the writer, of Shakespeare and Sir Arthur Conon Doyle

There are many wonderful novels and epics with great moral and social teachings, but you can't make each Heroe of a Novel to be God. In this logic you can take little Hobbit Frodo from Tolkien's "Lord of The Rings" as God

Most Hindu gods do not exist as a person and they never existed, they are the result of divinization of novels or epics heroes, like the Greek or Roman gods... or like the many false gods of ANIMISM

But Jesus existed because you have writtings of  Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Josephus Flavius,  Babylonian Talmud, Lucian ( a ancient Greek rhetorician, Samosata ), and there is also also thousands of old christians manuscripts around the world

This is a good reason to turn Hindus to Christianity

And everybody knows that Judaism was the only one true monotheist religion in the middle-east for thousands years before Jesus, always proud to worship YAWEH and keeping their traditions, whereas the surrounding kingdoms worshiped idols

see:

Deut. 4:19;17:3
II Kngs. 21:3,5 and 23:5
Jer. 8:2 and 19:13
Zeph. 1:5

etc...etc...etc...

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:18am
=============
Thanks Sign*Reader, very good exposition of this Delta (Traingular fellow, Trinitarian). Delta should know that he has no faith.
=======

LOL :)

In the other hand I call Islam as Quadrinity faith ( Allah + Mohammad + Koran + Mecca )

I have a strong faith, Roman Catholic

===============

Abraham a.s. visited Arabia many times. Not once only. He was a great travellor. God promised him all the land that he could see. God said that He would give him all that land in inheritance. He was surprised because he had no issue (children from a barren wife sarah). So what was the use of all that land.

====================

Nowhere in the Quran does Abraham ever leave Ur for the Haran ( Chaldees ) and then for the land of Canaan ...see the map

When he sends Hagar and Ishmael into the desert, it is to the are which is now Mecca

According to the Qu'ran and Muhammad, Abraham finnaly goes to live with Ishmael in Mecca, which is 1000 miles from UR across EMPTY QUARTER, extensive, impassable deserts

At the time of Abraham, of course, thousands of years ago

A Old Man with a little child, how could He ?

That's the type of fables that I don't believe, like the Seven Sleepers, like Alexander the Great being a prophet Dhul-Qarnayn (the two-horned one) in Koran 18:82

[/url]

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:47am

De;ta, You should have drawn longitude and latitude also in the map. Makkah nad Madinah are at longitude 040E. The empty quarter you are speaking about is very far away to the east near about Oman...

You had originally rested on the theory that Abraham being an old man, how could he travel. I busted that by telling you that he was about 90 years old when he went Makkah (Place only, there was no Makkah there). He lived a life of 175 years. So do you see that you had the first mistake about the old age.

Also do not forget that He was some where in Arabia when sarah died. So he travelled again to kanaan and went to her place to mourn her death. Please try to see some parts of history too along with the sacred books.  Please continue....

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 11:04am

Please continue....

Yeah, I don't like Islam, don't I ?

Hey...see here a very humble man

Converted do Christianity, I think He is from fifth column from Islam in UK

NOTE : nothing offensive, relax

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 12:24pm

=========
===========

Yeah Professor P.N. Oak, believes that the whole world has been duped. It is a theory. Maybe a Hypothetical protocontinent with a  advanced and ancient vedic culture that was a global society

But that's not the point, you are diverging from the main point, confusing questions of Fact with questions of Relevance, making a flip-flop of the true origins of all the ritual practices in Kaaba

Nothing to do with crackpot Professor P.N. Oak, and theories

========
===========

Why not a Turkey Library ?

A inscription of King Vikramaditya was found on a gold dish hung inside the Kaaba shrine in Mecca, proving beyond doubt that the Arabian Peninsula formed a part of his Indian Empire.

(Ref: page 315 of a volume known as �Sayar-ul-Okul� treasured in the Makhtab-e-Sultania library in Istanbul, Turkey).

the inscription says:

"Fortunate are those who were born (and lived) during king Vikram�s reign. He was a noble, generous dutiful ruler, devoted to the welfare of his subjects. But at that time we Arabs, oblivious of God, were lost in sensual pleasures. Plotting and torture were rampant. The darkness of ignorance had enveloped our country. Like the lamb struggling for her life in the cruel paws of a wolf we Arabs were caught up in ignorance. The entire country was enveloped in a darkness so intense as on a new moon night. But the present dawn and pleasant sunshine of education is the result of the favour of the noble king Vikramaditya whose benevolent supervision did not lose sight of us- foreigners as we were. He spread his sacred religion amongst us and sent scholars whose brilliance shone like that of the sun from his country to ours. These scholars and preceptors through whose benevolence we were once again made cognisant of the presence of God, introduced to His sacred existence and put on the road of Truth, had come to our country to preach their religion and impart education at king Vikramaditya�s behest."

Forget Professor P.N. Oak, and theories

Why not trying to find some articles about the KING Vikramaditya ?

I'm not a historian

============
============

You can see in Inquisition a version of Christian's Kingdom Sharia, and how it is dangerous to mix up religion with civil affairs. During that middle-age times the Pope was often threatened of SCHISM by kings all over Europe. It was not a Catholicism Inquisition, but King's Inquisition. There is much to say about that

==================

=======================

I don't ignore nothing what is factual

==============
He says that Christianity began as a form of devotion to Krishna.
===============

Krishna is just the hero of the 18th chapter of the novel or epic Mahabharata, the Bhagavad-gita, who never existed as a person

He is the result of divinization of a novel hero, like the Greek or Roman gods. It is like making a god out of Hamlet or Sherlock Holmes who never existed, only in the mind of the writer, of Shakespeare and Sir Arthur Conon Doyle

There are many wonderful novels and epics with great moral and social teachings, but you can't make each Heroe of a Novel to be God. In this logic you can take little Hobbit Frodo from Tolkien's "Lord of The Rings" as God

Most Hindu gods do not exist as a person and they never existed, they are the result of divinization of novels or epics heroes, like the Greek or Roman gods... or like the many false gods of ANIMISM

But Jesus existed because you have writtings of  Tacitus, Pliny the Younger, Josephus Flavius,  Babylonian Talmud, Lucian ( a ancient Greek rhetorician, Samosata ), and there is also also thousands of old christians manuscripts around the world

This is a good reason to turn Hindus to Christianity

And everybody knows that Judaism was the only one true monotheist religion in the middle-east for thousands years before Jesus, always proud to worship YAWEH and keeping their traditions, whereas the surrounding kingdoms worshiped idols

see:

Deut. 4:19;17:3
II Kngs. 21:3,5 and 23:5
Jer. 8:2 and 19:13
Zeph. 1:5

etc...etc...etc...

LOL so if the Hindus were in the vicinity, is that where you Catholics got the idea for your triune god?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 12:41pm

Please continue....

Yeah, I don't like Islam, don't I ?

Hey...see here a very humble man

Converted do Christianity, I think He is from fifth column from Islam in UK

NOTE : nothing offensive, relax

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1k08yxu57NA

Warning: Delta is  a possible  internet troll:
If you read all the threads he has started, you will see he tries to lead you down the same path, to doubt your faith:
Read about internet Trolls here at this thread
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7510&a mp;KW=internet+troll
[/QUOTE]

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 1:00pm
Maryah

Please, calm down

It is a nice video, a Humble man nothing to do with religion, what's obvious...

A scholar Troll, or a Catholic Priest Troll, an idiot, ...whatever you want to think of  me, I am what you want

Why are you reacting that way ?

Posted By: Aisha Muslima
Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:57pm

thanks Delta, becasue of you im more impressed with Islam!

two days ago i read the Quran and i read verses in Sourate 2, that disbelievers will allways try to debate with Mecca (also other things) but these verses where talking about disbelievers debate about Mecca. That really impressed me since i read ur posts then i read the Quran that said what disbelievers will debate with and what to said to them.

and for ur information, ur reasons agaisnt Mecca being a Hindu temple and all other things is very illogic.......(im sorry i dunno how to said more nicely) but all ur challenges about this subjet...u have no strong arguments, it like u said anything!

-------------
Aisha Muslima

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 4:59pm
i think this is a waste of time...give delta n number of years and he'll find out the truth...

Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 6:48pm

Maryah has hit the nail on the head. A Troll. Saying the most impossible things. If King Vikrama was a great king. The text provided does not say that he occupied the Arab land. It just says that he sent teachers or emissaries to some place. That is all.

We have the people from the east telling Maryam and Joseph that a great child is born in their house and they were wondering about it. And these people from the east told the news to the king (Herod??) too and he was looking for that child. So should we believe that the people from the east (Persia or India) had invaded Kanaan??

Delta has very poor logic. Meaningless posts. It is like I start a thread that Jesus was not the son but the Father of G*d. That is the thing like Taj Mahal is a Hindu temple. People won't be laughing if I say that delta is the Father mentioned in bible !!!

-------------

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 29 June 2007 at 7:36pm

To Whom it may concern:
Subject: A Troll named "Delta" needs be tracked  and treated as such cuz He:

• started the thread with a website of a st**id website ref. http://www.hinduism.co.za/kaabaa.htm - http://www.hinduism.co.za/kaabaa.htm
  • claimed that some unknown king Vikramaditya ruled over  Arabia based on wikipedia entry, not knowing that wikipedia  is not accepted in the academia as valid reference.
  • says that Prophet Ibrahim couldn't get to Makkah from Ur or from Palestine cuz of his age and due to the empty quarter desert ( only  a foolish will ass u me that)
  • then he wants to define Jewishness in ref. to Ibrahim(a)(LOL)
  • again runs back to wiki for the orientation of the Patriarchs graves, which says nothing about that
  • In the middle of discussion he says forget about the thread whether Kaaba was a Hindu Temple and opens a new track within the thread-- Quadrinity a new word to describe Muslims.
  • Instead of conceding he is on anew tangent of attacks.
  • has questions about resurrection, direction of face in prayer for the Muslims living on other side of the globe etc.
  • The behavior described above indicates and I fully agree with sister Maryah that Delta is a Troll.
  • he should be warned and if he doesn't follow the guidelines on discussion be banished.
  • It seems he has learnt nothing from the foot in the mouth disease by his Padre in Rome

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 01 July 2007 at 10:57am

Delta:

Posting posts at random, as you did, without replying questions addressed to you constitutes violation of guidelines. Please see the following guidelines in this respect:

12. Spamming of any kind is not allowed. Any response to spammers will be deleted along with the spam. This includes multiple copies (2 or more) of one message in one and/or many forums. (If this behavior is spotted several times, by the same User we may remove ALL the copies of that message, including all the responses below them.) Spamming of questions or overly large posts will also not be allowed.

13. Posting several messages at random and not responding to the generated questions or dialogue following the original posts may also be considered as spamming. Answer questions posed to you and do not avoid it by changing the topic, as long as that question does not break any of the Guidelines. If you do not know the answer, simply acknowledge this, then move forward.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ; ;PN=1

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net