Forum Description: Groups : Youth
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9568
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 3:37pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A SPECIAL POEM 4 DA ONES I LOVE
Posted By: Jammy
Subject: A SPECIAL POEM 4 DA ONES I LOVE
Date Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:09pm
I wanted to post this poem on the literature board but i couldn't. So i thought i could share it here with you:

Soldiers killing,

People dying, 

War after war,

Our loved ones are crying.

They think the world wouldn�t give a dame

How can they be sure?

We give a dame,

�MAKE TEA NOT WAR!�

We stand and shout until the night.

Bomb after Bomb,

Night after Night.

Guess Standing wasn�t enough

The War was tough.

�Mama mama!� little girl cries

With tears in her eyes,

Little girl is frightened

That mother would die.

It seems mother was powerless

But the soldiers couldn�t careless.

The clocks were ticking,

The innocent were dying.  

(i Hope you all like it because i love writing poems and all the poems i write, come from my heart )                         

-------------
Nuff LOve, Salamz

Replies:
Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:06am

Salaam alaykum,

That was a nice poem.You know,I think it's high time I stopped running.Running from what,you may want to ask.I've deliberately been running away from writing about all the pains,hurts,wars,dyings&killings that surrounds our world today.It's just too hurtful i feel no amount of words would be sufficient to express it.I wept while watching a Documentary about Iraqi refugees in Sudan today.I sometimes avoid watching it'cos it always make me cry&very deep in thoughtIt's too empotional for me.And now,your poem's another re-awakening.Oh!sorry,did I mention that am a Poet by the way?Am very passionate about writing&I enjoy Poetry tremendiously,writing&reading it.So,thank U for the insight.Keep on writing.I hope we'd see more of it cos it's 'thought provoking.it makes us appreciate our freedom &not take it for granted

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: Jammy
Date Posted: 21 June 2007 at 2:51pm

Thanx for the comment. I would like to read some of your poems if you dont mind. I love reading poems.

Thanx

-------------
Nuff LOve, Salamz

Date Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:25pm
You're welcome.Meanwhile,I'd also send U some Poetry sites as well.I've entered quite a number of Poetry Contests.Some,are even in U.K.But am not sure this is d best forum for dat.Am not saying it's 'illegal'.But it kind of feel out of d things we discuss here.Perhaps,I should seek other member's consent before posting some of them.My Poems are usually lengthy.Do U mind brethren?I hope to read more of yours too.

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: suzy
Date Posted: 22 June 2007 at 2:30pm

salamz jammy!!!!!

its ur ova nutcase friend ere!!! jus thought id send u a comment, telling u how much i luv ur poem, n thefactthat u discuss real issues, shame i cant write poems  but imma giv u sum ideas n u can mak ma dream a reality!

may Allah b wiv u... Ameen

Date Posted: 23 June 2007 at 11:21am

As-salaam alaykum Jammy,

I just discovered an Islamic Poetry website& posted 2 Poems on  ttheir site.Though,it's stil under review.U may check it out:www.IslamicPoetry.org.

Meanwhile,d sites I was talking about are non-Islamic Sites.Check ur private mail (pm) I'd send them.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net