Print Page | Close Window

THE PREDICTION OF GOD ABOUT THE SPACE

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9479
Printed Date: 18 May 2024 at 2:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: THE PREDICTION OF GOD ABOUT THE SPACE
Posted By: khairullah
Subject: THE PREDICTION OF GOD ABOUT THE SPACE
Date Posted: 10 June 2007 at 10:22pm

THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON

And [I swear by] the moon when it is full, you will mount up stage by stage! What is the matter with them, that they have no faith? (Qur'an, 84:18-20)

After referring to the Moon, the above verses then say that people will mount up stage by stage. The term tarkabunna comes from the verb rakiba, (to mount, walk on a path, follow, embark upon, set about, participate, or rule). In the light of these meanings, it is very likely that the expression "you will mount up stage by stage" refers to a vehicle to be boarded.

Indeed, the astronauts' spacecraft pass through each layer of the atmosphere one by one, and then begin to pass through the Moon's gravitational field. Thus, the Moon is reached by moving through individual layers. In addition, the swearing by the Moon in Surat al-Inshiqaq 18 further strengthens this emphasis, meaning that the verse may well be a sign that humanity will travel to the Moon. (Allah knows best.)

Humanity's exploration of space was accelerated with the Soviet satellite Sputnik on 4 October 1957, which carried aloft the first man to ever leave Earth's atmosphere: Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. On 20 July 1969, the American astronaut Neil Armstrong became the first human being ever to set foot on the Moon.

In fact, the Qur'an revealed that such developments and achievements would one day be realised. For instance, Allah draws our attention to this in the following verse:

O company of jinn and human beings. If you are able to pierce through the confines of the heavens and Earth, pierce through them. You will not pierce through, except with a clear authority. (Qur'an, 55:33)

The Arabic word sultan, translated here as "a clear authority," has other meanings as well: force, power, sovereignty, dominion, law, path, permission, give leave, justify, and proof.

Careful examination reveals that the above verse emphasizes that humanity will be able to move into the depths of Earth and sky, but only with a superior power. In all likelihood, this superior power is the superior technology employed in the twentieth century, for it enabled scientists to achieve this great feat.

Surely it could have been no one�s words other than the Creator Himself!

Your brother in Islam Khairullah.

-------------
1:"The TRUTH stands out clear from error"2:256

2:"When comes the Help of God, and Victory And thou dost see the people enter God's Religion (ISLAM) in crowds".110:01-2.

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 June 2007 at 12:45am
Surely there are signs for those who are wise.Al-Quran

-------------

2:"When comes the Help of God, and Victory And thou dost see the people enter God's Religion (ISLAM) in crowds".110:01-2.

Date Posted: 12 July 2007 at 2:53am

"This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than God. It confirms all previous  messages( BIBLE and TORAH) , and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible; for it comes from the  Lord of the universe." 10:37

-------------

Posted By: Reflections
Date Posted: 03 August 2007 at 2:02pm

I was a bit confused when I read the phrase 'The Prediction of God'. As far as I am aware, prediction is like guessing or anticipation which carries both possibilities to come true or not. God Knows the future, He does not predict it. In fact the Arabic language of the verse above started by confirmation: 'latarkabunna Tabakan an tabak',, where 'la' at the begeninng and 'unna' at the end serve confirmatory sounds. It  is better translated as : Indeed you will certainly mount up stage by stage. It is revealing a FACT to come, not a prediction that may or may not happen. The Qur'an through out its Arabic text describes the future as facts known to God, without allowing any  chance that any future event described in the Qur'an may not come true.

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 03 August 2007 at 6:27pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

I would like to point out that all of Khairullahs posts do not come from reliable sources and DO contain errors.

as far as i can tell they are personnel interpretations.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: isslam
Date Posted: 03 August 2007 at 8:56pm

rami asalam alikum for you brother - would you agree that personal interpretation is what makes brothers mislead others?

Date Posted: 05 August 2007 at 9:42am
Bi ismi llahi rahmani raheem

wa alaikum assalam

Yes that is why in Islam we have Ijazah.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 05 August 2007 at 12:07pm

asalam brother- this is a wonderful point, but in your opinion are there any qualified brothers to act with Ijazah in these days as our faith is mostly all over the place with interpretations and how even the young are practicing islam?

peace to you my brother

isslam

Date Posted: 08 August 2007 at 4:28pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Yes in every country, islam is not as lost as you suggest.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 August 2007 at 11:44am

hmmm i guess brother rami a positive outlook never hurts, as i was saying there arent the same interpreters as there once was and certain things may be left out or seen in a different perspective but as we live in changing times there should be more from all walks of life not just from certain countrys or backgrounds , i in fact would love to see more outspoken americans of the faith involved in interpretations, i dont think it is actually lost though there our us out there that have a sense of accomplishment and personally are proud to know god as the almighty sorry if i made it sound as if the religion was lost .

peace to you brother

isslam

Date Posted: 18 August 2007 at 1:52am

I was a bit confused when I read the phrase 'The Prediction of God'. As far as I am aware, prediction is like guessing or anticipation which carries both possibilities to come true or not

asalamu alikum w b brothers and sisters.

i apologize for the title prediction about the moon which distrubed you.

i know this is my mistake my be i am sorry once again.

by the way here is the meaning of prediction which doesnt mean what you call both possibilities to come true or not.

Cambridge Dictionary.

Definition

prediction   Show phonetics
noun [C or U]
when you say what will happen in the future:

I would like to point out that all of Khairullahs posts do not come from reliable sources and DO contain errors.

as far as i can tell they are personnel interpretations.

Indeed you will certainly mount up stage by stage

and the above translation of the holy Quran is not mine actually it may be the translation of a qualified Imaam or Mufaseer.

as brother Rami said that my posts are not from reliable sources i would say you are wrong brother i am a muslim here and i will not under any circumstances harm Islam and the faith of my brothers and sisters.

i have dadicated my whole life to spread the message of Islam.

and your claim absolutely hurt me.

this is actually the main problem that we muslims are not united.

we hate and refuse each others knowledge ( unless its against Islam).

Brother Rami which post of mine is wrong and contain error CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME?

and the source of my post is http://www.miraclesofthequran.com - www.miraclesofthequran.com which is run by Harun Yahya.

sorry once again for the title.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net