Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 12:57am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Favourite Sayings
Posted By: fatima
Subject: Favourite Sayings
Date Posted: 04 May 2007 at 5:40am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

I was thinking whether to start a new thread or post it here, as you can see i went with the later . I want my fellow brothers and sisters to share their favourite sayings (not a hadith).

I will start inshaAllah, i read them some time ago so will be paraphrasing almost all of them.

It is attributed to Umar ibn alkhattab radhiAllah anh that he said, 'take account of your deeds before the account is taken from you'.

Another saying of Umar radhiAllah anh that i like is, he said that best reply/retaliation to an injustice done to you and a disobedience to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala's command regarding you is, you sticking with the laws of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and obeying Him to best of your capacity.

Abdul Qadir jilani rahimullah alyh said that salah of a person is not just his five times on prayer mat but real salah starts when he leaves that prayer mat.

Lastly i heard saeed anwar once saying this and i absolutely loved it, he said that to know how much you or anybody has la ilaha illallah in his/her heart, you need to see how much Muhammad-ur-rasoolullah you have outside in your actions.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 06 May 2007 at 6:07am
 Sis Fatima why don't we start up new thread as many readers may go thru the sayings.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 07 May 2007 at 4:29am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

As you suggested i made a new thread with it for more general and wider input .

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:08am
When you do some favour to any, Hide it and if someone does a favour to  you, let it know to others - Haz Ali RA.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 June 2007 at 6:16am

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah 

There are ten useless matters:

Knowledge that is not acted on

The deed that has neither sincerity nor is based on following the righteous examples of others

Money that is hoarded, as the owner neither enjoys it during this life nor obtains any reward for it in the Hereafter

The heart that is empty of love and longing for Allah, and of seeking closeness to Him

A body that does not obey and serve Allah

Loving Allah without following His orders or seeking His pleasure

Time that is not spent in expiating sins or seizing opportunities to do good

A mind that thinks about useless matters

Serving those who do not bring you close to Allah, nor benefit you in your life

Hoping and fearing whoever is under the authority of Allah and in His hand; while he cannot bring any benefit or harm to himself, nor death, nor life; nor can he resurrect himself.

However the greater of these matters are wasting the heart and wasting time. Wasting the heart is done by preferring this worldly life over the Hereafter, and wasting time is done by having incessant hope. Destruction occurs by following one's desires and having incessant hope, while all goodness is found in following the right path and preparing oneself to meet Allah.

How strange it is that when a servant of Allah has a [worldly] problem, he seeks help of Allah, but he never asks Allah to cure his heart before it dies of ignorance, neglect, fulfilling one's desires and being involved in innovations. Indeed, when the heart dies, he will never feel the significance or impact of his sins.

-------------

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 17 June 2007 at 8:39am
Could favorite sayings include Qur'an?

Posted By: aka2x2
Date Posted: 18 June 2007 at 11:21am

I am reminded of a story about Ali-Ibn-Abitalib. I paraphrase the story since I do not have the source with me. During a time of strife and open civil war a man asked him �How do I know what haq is when so many worthies disagree about it and are at war with each other?�. Ali responded �Do not judge haq by the worthies that follow it. First know what haq is, and then judge the men that follow it as worthy�.

-------------
Respectfully
aka2x2

Date Posted: 20 June 2007 at 8:39am
 Infact every verse of Holy Quran can be quoted and for that we have an other section -, "Quran and Sunnah". Pls do contribute there. Here we shall discuss the sayings  of those great people in islam like that of sahabas, tabaeen ----etc. 

-------------

Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:41am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

The below saying is  stolen from Bro . Murabit's posted article - "The wealth of Fuqara". I just wanted to highlight it here. Hope Bro.M urabit doesn't feel offended.

This is the famous saying of Rabi'a al-'Adawiyya, radi Allahu 'anha, "Do not seek the garden, seek the Gardener." He is the One who gives these glorious things.

-------------

Posted By: najamsahar
Date Posted: 26 June 2007 at 7:23am

It was narrated upon Shaqeeq al-Balkhi (rahimahullaah) that he said to Hatim: "You have accompanied me for a while so what have you learnt
from me?"

He said: "I have learnt from you eight things:

Firstly: I looked at the creation and found that every person has something which is beloved to him and when he reaches his grave this beloved thing is cut off from him. So I have made my beloved, my good deeds so that it will remain with me in the grave.

Secondly: I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts".

So I strove against my soul defending it from desires until it settled upon obedience to Allaah.

Thirdly: I saw that everyone who has something precious safeguards it (with much care), so then I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And that which you have will perish and that which is with Allaah will remain".

So whenever I came across something which I found to be precious I directed it to Him so that it will remain with Him for me.

Fourthly: I saw that the people were depending upon their wealth, nobility and dignity, which are all nothing (in reality) so I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah are those who are most pious amongst you".

So I proceeded upon taqwa in order to gain an honorable standing with Him (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

Fifthly: I saw the people being jealous of each other so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"We have divided between them their livelihood".

So I abandoned jealousy because it is in opposition to the destiny of Allaah.

Sixthly: I saw them having enmity between themselves so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the Satan is an enemy for you so take him as your enemy".

So I abandoned this enmity and took the shaytaan as my sole enemy.

Seventhly: I saw them resorting to shameful measures in search for provision so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"And there is not a creature on the Earth except that Allaah provides for it".

So I engaged myself (in establishing) His rights that He (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) has over me and entrusted what is mine, with Him, in assurance of His promise.

Eighthly: I saw them relying (solely) upon their trade and products and strong healthy bodies but I put my trust in Allaah the lord of the worlds.

Date Posted: 25 July 2007 at 11:13pm

Fourthly: I saw that the people were depending upon their wealth, nobility and dignity, which are all nothing (in reality) so I looked at the saying of Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

"Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah are those who are most pious amongst you".

So I proceeded upon taqwa in order to gain an honorable standing with Him (subhaanahu wa ta'aala).

JazakAllahu Khayr Najamsahar for sharing it with us. All the eight are worth to be highlighted .

Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said : "Indeed i hate to see a man idle, neither working for this world nor for the Hereafter"

Hassan Basri said : " O son of Adam, indeed you are only but a number of days. Whenever a day passes , a part of you leaves with it."

He also said : " I have met {PIOUS} people who are more miserly with their time than they are with their wealth".

Once Hassan also said in a sermon, "Do not let the temporary and little charms of this world distract you and entice you ------and do not say tomorrow and tomorrow, for indeed you do not know when you will be heading to Allah"

Source : Muhahid , Abdul-Malik, Gems and jewwels, Darussalam : Saudi Arabia, p 32}

-------------

Date Posted: 01 August 2007 at 10:57pm
 Whenever you are inclined to undertake some particular work, you recognize your own freedom to do so. But when you are not inclined to undertake some particular work, you are fatalistic, saying : "God requires me to do this." Prophets are fatalists regarding the works of this world; unbelievers are fatalists regarding the works of the next world. The prophets proclaim that we can choose freely what we shall do in the next world; unbelievers choose freely what they will do in this world.
- Rumi : Mathnawi 1.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 6:04am

HASAN BASRI advised some of his students admonishing them about the state of being proud. He said :

1. Do not deceive yourself into becoming too proud because you are in a good or righteous environment , for there is no place that is better than Paradise, and our father, Adam experienced there what is known to all.

2. Do not become proud merely because you worship often, for consider what happened to iblis { satan} after he spent a great deal of time worshipping.

3. Do not think yourself great because you have met with righteous people, for there is no man more righteous than the Prophet, yet the disbelievers and hypocrites did not benefit by simply knowing him.

Source : Gems and Jewels - Darussalam : Saudi Arabia.

-------------

Posted By: Aminah07
Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 7:18am

�Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest.

It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

Found in The Forty Hadith

Posted By: poga
Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 9:55am

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Sis Fatima why don't we start up new thread as many readers may go thru the sayings.

Say ALLAHUAKBAR
Say i hear i obey and i deliver
Say ALLAHU AL AHAD
Say ALLAH is one and only the eternal AL SAMAD
Say ALLAHUAKBAR
Say i accept ALLAH and i reject KUFFR

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One Line All Limit]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 10:00am

Love is peace of ISLAM

Hatred is Qadiani MYHAM

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One Line All Limit ]

-------------
awal

Posted By: The Guided One
Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 11:45am

Bismilah.

"Willpower is one of the greatest secrets of success." By Ahmed Ameen At http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/index.htm - http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/index.htm

http://www.great-quotes.com/inspirational_quotes.htm - Inspirational Quotes
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
Flower A. Newhouse

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion
Author: G. W. F. Hegel

From http://www.great-quotes.com/ - http://www.great-quotes.com/

There are many great sayings that worth to be implemented and used!

Asalamu aleykum warah Matulahi wa barakatuh

-------------
A. Suleiman

Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by The Guided One The Guided One wrote:

Bismilah.

"Willpower is one of the greatest secrets of success." By Ahmed Ameen At http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/index.htm - http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/index.htm

will power is one of the greatest manifestation of failure unless that will is submitted to the will of ALLAH..BARZAKH

http://www.great-quotes.com/inspirational_quotes.htm - Inspirational Quotes
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
Flower A. Newhouse

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion
Author: G. W. F. Hegel

From http://www.great-quotes.com/ - http://www.great-quotes.com/

There are many great sayings that worth to be implemented and used!

Asalamu aleykum warah Matulahi wa barakatuh

-------------
awal

Posted By: The Guided One
Date Posted: 16 January 2008 at 8:06pm

Asalamu Aleykum Warah Matulahi Wa Barakatuh

Thanks for pointing out that,

"will power is one of the greatest manifestation of failure unless that will is submitted to the will of ALLAH..BARZAKH"

And you are 100% correct,  It is excellent to mention the Good points that one us forgets to mention, Jazakum Lah Akhi.

Asalamu Aleykum Warah matulahi wa baraktuh.

-------------
A. Suleiman

Date Posted: 17 January 2008 at 4:51am

BISMILLAH

Pen might be mightier than sword
But is it mightier than paper
Big word is how big compare to deaf ear

from SWEETSWORDS 17 [ Great and Small ]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:08am

Barzakh : Yes ISLAM is big news but ISLAMIC newscaster has became dumb
Yes ISLAMIC Khutba is for all but ISLAMIC khatib is for some
Yes ISLAM is big news but ISLAMIC newscaster has became breathless
Yes ISLAMIC speech is for all but ISLAMIC preacher is speechless

from SWEETSWORDS 86 [ Comparative religion ]

-------------
awal

Posted By: Truth_light24
Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:07pm
My favorite sayings are as follows:-

1. "Good deeds bring TRANQUILITY while bad deeds bring     UNCERTAINTY"

2. "Take account of yourself before it is taken of you;
weigh your deeds before they are weighed for you"

3. "Happiness is a divine gift that does not distinguish
 between the rich and the poor"

4. "True enrichment is not by acquiring wealth but the true
 enrichment is the enrichment of the soul"

5. "Be contented with what Allah has given you and you will
 be the richest on earth. Rishness is the richness of the soul"

6. "Relief and aid are from contentment and faith;
anxiety and grief are from doubts and anger"

7. "whoever spends his night safely in his home,
with a healthy body and enough provision for his day,
it is as if he gained the wolrd in its entirety"

8. "Whoever does not make the pleasure of Allah to be
his main concern in life will end up losing in the end"

9. "Do not grieve if you are poor, for your true value is not
 determined by your bank balance; but weigh according
to your deeds"

10. "What my enemy can do to me?
I carry my garden of eden in my breast;
If my enemy will kill me, they let me die as martyr;
If they will imprison me, atleast they give me solitude with my Lord;
So what my enemy can do to me?"

But, this is my most favorite sayings....

"The best people are those with common sense, but....
common sense is the only sense that is not so common.."

All of the above were taken from the sayings of the Prophet, his Companions and the last one is given to me by my best friend. I dont know where he got it but the content is true..common sense is very rare today....

-------------
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59

Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:13pm

JazakAllah sister. But are these sayings of any of our Pious people, like sahabas, tabaien etc? We thought to post such.

Poga, i wish even you to mind it. We don't want from sweetwords, brother. Kindly post such sayings of companions of our Prophet , and the other great personalities of Islam

-------------

Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:54pm

Umar Ibn Al Khattab (radialllahu anhu) said to Al-Ahnaf bin Qais:

"Oh Ahnaf, the more one laughs, the less dignity will he possess.

Whoever jokes (excessively or indecently) is a person who will be taken lightly.

Whoever does something frequently will be come known by that thing.

Whoever speaks often, errs often;
the more one errs, the less modesty will he possess;

whoever has a low level of modesty will also have a low level of piety;

and when one has a low level of piety then his heart dies

-------------

Date Posted: 01 February 2008 at 2:59pm

My dear seek sheeda hidyath

my path is Marrifath the Ulta Sheeda path

sister Fatima's said in the thread no HADITH

saying of SHAHABAH is almost all based on the HADITH

now we can look for words of wise from countless nations

i think my SWEETSWORDS is not st**idity

if you too have something of our own some thing that is up to the topic please share with us

or give us what you expertize

as your all posts are from an expert person and i truly believe that

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : ISLAM is the biggest news without need of any editor
ISLAM is the only news without need of any presenter
ISLAM is the QURANIC bulletin dispatching AL HADIS
ISLAM is the only DAWAH without need of any DAIS

from SWEETSWORDS 86 [ Comparative religion ]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 02 February 2008 at 8:26am
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
-Mohandas Gandhi

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 02 February 2008 at 5:52pm

Aray Bhai, kyon sabr ka imtehaa'n le rahe ho. Don't test our patience, brother

Yes, certainly sis Fatima wants us to quote the sayings of sahaba and the other islamic personalities. But these sayings are n't hadith.

Frankly speaking brother, someone around you, be it your  friends or relatives, flattered you about your poetry. You need some time to refine your poetry.  If you wish you can post your poems at Islamic art and literature section. If you want to share us our views, start up a new thread , let all the members who wish to post there sayings paste there.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2008 at 2:02am

Originally posted by poga poga wrote:

"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : Fighting is prescribed for us
Oh peace loving GANDHI
Yet your violent case is not justice
Because murder was your ONUS PROBANDI

from SWEETSWORDS 55 [ One line all limit ]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 03 February 2008 at 2:10am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Aray Bhai, kyon sabr ka imtehaa'n le rahe ho. Don't test our patience, brother

Yes, certainly sis Fatima wants us to quote the sayings of sahaba and the other islamic personalities. But these sayings are n't hadith.

Frankly speaking brother, someone around you, be it your  friends or relatives, flattered you about your poetry. You need some time to refine your poetry.  If you wish you can post your poems at Islamic art and literature section. If you want to share us our views, start up a new thread , let all the members who wish to post there sayings paste there.

in this day and age if one needs to know about something he/she does not need to ask Abul Babul or Mokbul he/she only needs to ask GOOGLE

go to search and type SWEETSWORDS and see if i need any family members to promote my SWEETSWORDS

but what happened to you why are posting you BITTER SCISSERS to me and as for your SAVAR read this

Patience might be a virtue
But virtue is not vie
Patience might be a virtue
But to delay is to die
Period of neglect and last ferry
Hurry up story and patent's glory

from SWEETSWORDS 3 [ Desire ]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:22pm
As'Salamu Alaikum

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him) said: Whoever competes with you in religious commitment, compete with him, and whoever competes with you in worldly matters, give it up to him.

�Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) said: �You should seek sincere brothers, for they are an adornment at times of ease and a support at times of calamity.�

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 06 July 2008 at 1:14pm
I was about to post a quote from a non-muslim source as well . . . Which I personally find amusing, and interesting . . .and is one of my favourites. But then I read Seeks reprimand, so refrained! LOL Bcz like Poga, it was my understanding that we could post any sayings, as long as they were on an islamically relevant subject and apropriate. . . :D

So, I shall just add a quote by Yusuf Estes, which I like as well:

Success is not getting what you want, it is wanting what you get.

Smile

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net