Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 2:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Brother Waleed
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: Brother Waleed
Date Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:12pm

http://www.msavt.org/main/default.asp - http://www.msavt.org/main/default.asp

For Immediate Release

Brother Waleed Shaalan, a victim of the Virginia tech shootings.

Waleed Shaalan, 32 years old, first stepped onto the Virginia Tech campus in August 2006. An international student originally from Zagazig, Egypt, with no family members in the United States, Waleed quickly became an essential member of the Blacksburg Muslim community. Among those mourning his death are his two roommates (Fahad Pasha and Irfan Waseem) to whom Waleed was their loving older brother, cook, academic and spiritual mentor.

Waleed initially began his PhD program in Egypt, but when Virginia Tech offered him an assistantship position, he chose to leave his original degree path and continue it in Blacksburg. Following in the footsteps of his father, Waleed was a dedicated and passionate student of Civil Engineering. Though he had a hectic schedule, juggling classes, PhD research and TA responsibilities, he always made time for the people around him. Waleed was known for his broad smile and wave that he gave everyone.

"He was the simplest and nicest guy I ever knew.We would be studying for our exams and he would go buy a cake and make tea for us," said Fahad, Waleed's roommate. Fahad was the last person to have spoken to Waleed, he remarked "He was studying late for an exam the morning of the incident; it was about 4 am when I last saw and spoke to him. We were talking about how amazing it would be once he brought his wife and son to Tech after the summer. I could never have imagined that in 5 hours he�d be gone forever."

Waleed left behind Amira, his wife for 3 years, and Khaled his one-year old son.

As we express our grief and sympathy for the families of all those directly affected by this senseless tragedy, we honor them through memory and reflection; and Waleed will always be smiling in our hearts.

MSA Official Statement about the VT Massacre

Monday, April 16, 2007. Peace to all. The Muslim Students Association, along with the wider campus of Virginia Tech, extends its deepest sympathies and condolences to the families of those victims affected by today's events. We are shocked at this senseless loss of life and we feel the pain and outrage of the student body. We open our hearts and ears to anyone wishing counsel or comfort and pray that our collective pain will be eased through patience and sharing. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) tells us, "Patience comes only at the first moment of grief." The Hokie family is in our prayers.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 April 2007 at 3:27pm
Bismillah and Salaams,

The blue material is from a member of the MSA at VT.

Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I would like to share with you some additional information that I received from a colleague in the CEE Dept. This colleague of mine is the supervisor of a graduate student who was with Waleed in the class and survived the massacre. I should mention that the description is graphical so I apologize in advance.

The student mentions that Waleed saved his life and wants to convey this to Waleed's family. Apparently, the murderer came into Norris 206 and shot Dr. Loganathan and a number of students injuring Waleed. Waleed was sitting in the front row where he always sat. Everyone jumped to the floor after hearing the gun shots including the person narrating the story. The murderer then left Norris 206 to go to another classroom.

The student that narrates the story was not shot but pretended to be dead and lay on the ground beside Waleed who at that time was only injured. The muderer then re-entered the classroom and was checking for alive victims. He had approached the person narrating the story who mentions that his heart was pounding out of fear. Waleed at that instant made a movement to distract the murderer's attention and was shot for the second time. At that time Waleed died and the murderer left the narrator to search for other victims.

Ina Lillahi wa ina Ilayhi rajeoon. We ask Allah to forgive Waleed all his sins and grant him paradise.

Wassalam,

Hesham.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:34am
Assalam Alykum wa Rahmat Allah  wa Barakatuh
I was just informed by brother Ahmed Kamal-Jazah Allah khair- that brother Waleed was buried in Zagazig(his home town)
and that everything went smoothly.

May Allah have mercy on his soul

Fee Aman Allah
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Mazen Arafeh, Doctor of Engineering
Senior Research Associate, Center for Sustainable Mobility - VTTI

3500 Transportation Research Plaza (0536)
Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA

-------------

Date Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:35am

�����, ����� 21, 2007

���� �����: ��� ����� �� ����� �������

�� �� ���� ������ ������� ���� ��� �������� ��������� �� �������. ��� �� �� ����� �������� �� ���� ����� �� ������ ����� �� �������� ������� �� ��� ������� � ��� ���� � ���� ������ ��� ������� ������ �� ��������� �� �������. � ������ ��� ��� ������ ����� ���� ���� ���� ���� �� ���� �� ���� ����� � ����� ��� ������ ������

Assalamu alaikum everyone,

I would like to share with you some additional information that I received from a colleague in the CEE Dept. This colleague of mine is the supervisor of a graduate student who was with Waleed in the class and survived the massacre. I should mention that the description is graphical so I apologize in advance.

The student mentions that Waleed saved his life and wants to convey this to Waleed's family. Apparently, the murderer came into Norris 206 and shot Dr. Loganathan and a number of students injuring Waleed. Waleed was sitting in the front row where he always sat. Everyone jumped to the floor after hearing the gun shots including the person narrating the story. The murderer then left Norris 206 to go to another classroom. The student that narrates the story was not shot but pretended to be dead and lay on the ground beside Waleed who at that time was only injured. The muderer then re-entered the classroom and was checking for alive victims. He had approached the person narrating the story who mentions that his heart was pounding out of fear. Waleed at that instant made a movement to distract the murderer's attention and was shot for the second time. At that time Waleed died and the murderer left the narrator to search for other victims. Ina Lillahi wa ina Ilayhi rajeoon. We ask Allah to forgive Waleed all his sins and grant him paradise.

Wassalam,

-------------

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:06pm

Asalaamu alaikum:

Ina Lillahi wa ina Ilayhi rajeoon:

Below is some information on helping his widow and child.

What a beautiful wedding picture.

The article is from a post in the yahoo group Islamicminds.

DONATE TO SUPPORT DECEASED VA TECH MSA STUDENT'S FAMILY
http://www.msanational.org/finance/vt07donate.html" target=_blank rel=nofollow>Virginia Tech campus in
August 2006. An international student originally from Zagazig, Egypt, with
no family members in the United States, Waleed quickly became an essential
member of the Blacksburg Muslim community. Among those mourning his death
are his two roommates (Fahad Pasha and Irfan Waseem) to whom Waleed was
their loving older brother, cook, academic and spiritual mentor. Waleed was
known for his broad smile and wave that he gave everyone.

Waleed left behind Amira, his wife for 3 years, and Khaled his one-year old
son. For more information about Br. Waleed or the Virginia Tech MSA please
visit www.msavt.org.

Br. Waleed Shaalan passed away during the Virginia Tech tragedy on April 16,
2007. MSA National will be collecting donations to support Br. Waleed
Shaalan's family.

Our goal is to raise $25,000 over the next four weeks. We are confident that
with the grace of God and your help we will be able to achieve this goal.

To make a donation, please fill out the form below. Payment information will
be on the following page. If you are having trouble donating please e-mail
http://us.f335.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=treasurer%40msanational.org" target=_blank rel=nofollow>treasurer@msanation al.org and include the amount you'd like to donate.

You can also mail your check to the following address:

MSA of the US and Canada
P.O. Box 1096
Falls Church, VA 22041

Checks should be made payable to MSA of the US and Canada; please write
"Br. Waleed Memorial Fund" in the memo.

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: Abu Mujahid
Date Posted: 23 April 2007 at 8:21am

\may Allah shower His mercy on him. I wish he prentended dead to safe his body for real muslim battle. Forum moderates should remove wedding picture. inna lillah wainna ilaihi rajion

Abu mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Posted By: Duende
Date Posted: 23 April 2007 at 2:14pm
Abu Mujahid, your sentiments are profoundly distasteful, wishing this
young person had not committed the bravest and most generous of all
actions by saving another person's life.

You may be a Muslem, but you are a callous human being.

Sister Herjihad, thank you for this very moving thread. I am struck dumb
by these events.

Posted By: Patty
Date Posted: 23 April 2007 at 5:28pm

Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

by these events.

Yes, Duende, you are correct.  There is a Bible verse very befitting this brave and heroic act which Brother Waleed performed, "greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend."  John 15:13

I cannot discuss the events at VTech...they are too much to grasp.

God help us all.

-------------
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:21am

by these events.

Hi duende,

Since u r not muslim person no need to discuss with you this topic. I'm not here to put fake face to appease you. Enough sellout already happened to my islamic community. If I make mistake and you r muslim then bring your dalil from Quran and sunnah. Otherwise, don't insult me cuz I fear neither your Bush nor politcal incorrect games that goes on in this country on the xpense of my religion.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 2:52am
Abu Mujahid wrote: "Since u r not muslim person no need to discuss with
you this topic. I'm not here to put fake face to appease you." No need to
discuss what topic? The topic of whether it would have been better for
Brother Waleed to keep still so he could convert himself to a radical form
of militant fundamentalist Islam, rather than save another human being's
life?

"Otherwise, don't insult me cuz I fear neither your Bush nor politcal
incorrect games that goes on in this country on the xpense of my
religion." Thankfully, I am not in the United States, so I have even less to
fear from Bush and your "politcal incorrect games" than you. And it is you
who should be doing something about the way you feel your community
is behaving.

How did I insult you, by pointing out your inability to accept the teachings
of the Prophet (pbuh) about the sanctity of human life? As in:

[If anyone slays a human being, unless it be (punishment) for murder, or
for spreading mischief on earth, it shall be as though he had slain all
humankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had
saved the lives of all humankind] (Al-Ma�idah 5:32).

If you can only engage in debate with someone of the same religious
beliefs, then you shall have a very short and fruitless debate indeed. If
you believe your moslem community has 'sold out' then what good shall it
do you to only discuss things with people who feel the same way as you?
You should engage ALL people in discussion in order to practice your
Dawa and not sit stewing in your dissatisfaction with your community and
refusing to discuss with people you judge not to be Moslem.

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 3:49am

[QUOTE=Duende]Abu Mujahid wrote: "Since u r not muslim person no need to discuss with
you this topic. I'm not here to put fake face to appease you." No need to
discuss what topic? The topic of whether it would have been better for
Brother Waleed to keep still so he could convert himself to a radical form
of militant fundamentalist Islam, rather than save another human being's
life?

Its very hard to discuss self obsorbed people who are not even muslim who want to discuss Islam in their own terms . Orientalist did that before and failed. Listen I don't need to convice you nor to carry with u real discussion. Its obvious u don't know Islam that was revealed to brother Mohamed. I just stated it was not right to this fallen brother not to save his life in this carnage and die in this format. Brother waleed make his call for whatever he believes.

Meanwhile saving human has many formats and pre-requistes and thats why I declined to discuss with you. Btw, this topic need no political terms like fundamentalist islam etc. I really cherish when non muslims call me Fundamentalist cuz it shows their bankrupt nature, wicked shortcoming and vicious intent.

"Otherwise, don't insult me cuz I fear neither your Bush nor politcal
incorrect games that goes on in this country on the xpense of my
religion."

>How did I insult you, by pointing out your inability to accept the teachings
of the Prophet (pbuh) about the sanctity of human life? As in:

[If anyone slays a human being, unless it be (punishment) for murder, or
for spreading mischief on earth, it shall be as though he had slain all
humankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had
saved the lives of all humankind] (Al-Ma�idah 5:32).

Your citation of this verse lacks direction and weight. This verse is/was not talking about for what brother waleed did for personal ijtihad. If you want to know more go Ibnu Kathir and Tabari tafsirs to learn more about its meaning. In any given time, muslim person should not die for Kafir. That is clear cut in the real teaching of islam.

>If you can only engage in debate with someone of the same religious
beliefs, then you shall have a very short and fruitless debate indeed. If you believe your moslem community has 'sold out' then what good shall it do you to only discuss things with people who feel the same way as you?

Leave alone our internal discusion cuz like you will never understand what we're talking about. Besides, I can carry on endless discussion with all faith people let alone atheist but I have no obligation to debate with a person whose first post bad mouth other person just he has righfully different stand on issue.

>You should engage ALL people in discussion in order to practice your
Dawa and not sit stewing in your dissatisfaction with your community and
refusing to discuss with people you judge not to be Moslem.

Just do your homework before you try to alter my pure islam. We know people like you who know little about islam and want to preach Western islamic version on events with free pass. That won't fly in my world. So good luck

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 3:55am
[QUOTE=Abu Mujahid]

Its obvious u don't know Islam that was revealed to brother Mohamed." sorry I mean prophet Mohamed peace be Upon him.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Abu Mujahid Abu Mujahid wrote:

[QUOTE=Abu Mujahid]

Its obvious u don't know Islam that was revealed to brother Mohamed." sorry I mean prophet Mohamed peace be Upon him.

Abu Mujahid

Asalaamu alaikum brother:

May I ask you why you draw lines based on where a muslim lives?

I do not understand what you mean by your pure Islam, Do you think you are a better muslim than another because of your global location?

If so, then good for you.

The Prophet, SAW, stated in his last sermon:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone."

I found this on the website at Islamicity, and I am also reading a book of the Life of the Prophet called "Muhammad the Messenger of Allah by Abdurrahman AL-Sheba of The World Organization for presenting Islam based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,

Interesting point: I am reading the same thing in the middle-eastern book that I am reading on this website. And what does Bush have to do with Islam brother.

Not a thing.

Islam is universal.

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 7:05am
�I just stated it was not right to this fallen brother not to save his life in
this carnage and die in this format.�

No you didn�t, you said: �I wish he prentended dead to safe his body for
real muslim battle.�

You wrote: �Meanwhile saving human has many formats and pre-
requistes and thats why I declined to discuss with you�

Oh, you mean, like he should have thought about it first? And decided
whether it was a good move or not?

�I really cherish when non muslims call me Fundamentalist cuz it shows
their bankrupt nature, wicked shortcoming and vicious intent.

Yes, that's worth cherishing. When and where did I call you a
fundamentalist?

You wrote: �In any given time, muslim person should not die for Kafir.
That is clear cut in the real teaching of islam� There you go: a
fundamental interpretation of Islam which says no Muslim should bother
saving a kafir�s life. I guess Brother Waleed should have stopped to judge
whether the poor soul was a kafir after all�.

�I have no obligation to debate with a person whose first post bad mouth
other person just he has righfully different stand on issue.� Excuse me,
but you bad mouthed Brother Waleed by saying he was a fool to have
saved another person�s life.

But you're right, instead of trying to come up with excuses for your bad
taste and poor morals, stop posting.

�We know people like you who know little about islam and want to preach
Western islamic version on events with free pass�

You�re the second person recently to suddenly develop a multiple
personality dissorder and refer to themselves as �we�. By what right do
you perceive to be speaking for the entire Muslim Ummah?

And what on earth is �the Western islamic version of events�?

Posted By: aus
Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 8:10pm
Peace,

Bro.Mujahid,i think you are going beyond the set boundaries of islamic etiquette.Its high time you become civil and WISE.

Wisdom has been highlighted and held high by so many islamic teachings,why cant u adopt some?.
Engage in meaningful discussion,dont brush off people by the their perceived "lack of knowledge" when you yourself cant even correctly show what you are discussing about.

The prophet said lamented that it is wrong for those who acquire knoweldge for the sole purpose of using that knowledge to intimidate those that he thinks dont know.

Peace.

Aus

-------------
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!

Posted By: aus
Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 8:13pm
Peace,

Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajiun.

My condolences to the victims of Virginia tech massacre and especially to the family of our dear brother from Egypt.In the news all we heard was about Levi (the lecturer from Israel) who shielded the door and himself got killed,no stories of other victims was given in detail,even al-jazeera didnt do that!

peace

Aus

-------------
KHILAFA IS THE ANSWER!

Date Posted: 24 April 2007 at 10:44pm
You're right Aus about that Jewish teacher, even I hadn't realised how
manipulated we all were with that piece of news, it went around the
world.

Just goes to show how the entire Western media are dominated by
whatever American Mainstream Media decides is news ... like the
misquoting of Ahmadinejad who never actually called for the destruction
of Israel......

Date Posted: 25 April 2007 at 2:29am

real muslim battle
.�

fundamentalist?

Sister Duende, thank you.

And for those who attack her, she is married to a Muslim. That is a fact I do know.

And Br Mujahid, you are young and you are an american.

Am I right? American youth have a form of online slang where they shorten the spelling of certain words to just the phonetics and sounds.  CUZ.....

Am I close? You see, I did study to be a teacher....

-------------

Date Posted: 26 April 2007 at 3:14am
Gracias, Hermana Maryah, un abrazo

Salaam

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 26 April 2007 at 5:06am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Inna Lillahi wa Inna Ilaihi Raji�un.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala shower His Mercy upon Brother Waleed, spare him from the trials of the grave and grant him entry into Jannatul-Firdaus. Ameen!

May He give hisFamily Sabr, compensate and reward them with Khair both in this world and the next, Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam 

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 26 April 2007 at 3:46pm

Gracias, Hermana Maryah, un abrazo

Salaam

De nada Hermana....

�En cualquier momento usted necesita la llamada de apoyo m�!

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

real muslim battle
.�

fundamentalist?

And for those who attack her, she is married to a Muslim. That is a fact I do know.

Am I right? American youth have a form of online slang where they shorten the spelling of certain words to just the phonetics and sounds.  CUZ.....

Bismillah and Salaams,

I just popped in to read this again and I realized that I should have stated a sincere Jazakee Allah Khayr to both Sister Duende and Sister Maryah for setting things straight that many Muslims admire and are thankful for Brother Walid and people like him, and that we are saddened and would rather not acknowledge people on the opposite end of bravery like the brother who made this post.

May Allah, The Most Loving, bless all who died, for we are all promised recompense for our good deeds and salve for our suffering in the cause of Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:41am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

real muslim battle
.�

fundamentalist?

Bismillah and Salaams,

I just popped in to read this again and I realized that I should have stated a sincere Jazakee Allah Khayr to both Sister Duende and Sister Maryah for setting things straight that many Muslims admire and are thankful for Brother Walid and people like him, and that we are saddened and would rather not acknowledge people on the opposite end of bravery like the brother who made this post.

May Allah, The Most Loving, bless all who died, for we are all promised recompense for our good deeds and salve for our suffering in the cause of Allah.

Just to let you know blessing of Allah is reserved for believers only. Its wise any muslim should be careful before he/she embrace political incorrect in this serious matter. Allah never promise recompensation for good deeds done by kafirs in the day of judgement.  On the contrary, he said in suratal furqan, "And We shall turn to whatever deeds they (disbelievers, polythiests, sinners) did, and We shall make such deeds as scattered floating particles of dust" 23:25

That is clean Islam. Islam that need no fake accomadition in the name of progressive Islam.

Since some of follow ups do carry no serious Islamic weight I just brushed off them despite their fiery unsubstantiated claims.

May Allah protect us from our arrogance and ignorance

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 2:42pm
Abu Mujahid you might wanna make an effort in editing your post because your english (like I said in the other thread) is terrible.

Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:25pm
So are his ethics

Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:37am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Abu Mujahid you might wanna make an effort in editing your post because your english (like I said in the other thread) is terrible.

Ok...what about you too going to closet Islamic center to learn real Islam?!!! Moreover, who do you love the white man's portait?!!!.

Meanwhile, I wonder why some non muslim lady still want to give fatwa about clear cut subject? If she is muslim she would know first hand that muslim man/women shouldn't die for kafir. Or am I dealing here the progressive white house made junta?

Abu Mujahd

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:30am
Calm down Abu.

You are sadly lacking in something basically human if you are adamant
about Brother Waleed being a fool for saving another person's life. Once
again, how can YOU judge whether the person Waleed saved was a kafir?
To judge his commitment to Islam shows you to be rather foolish also,
since you have no right to judge another, let alone a fellow Moslem.

You choose to interpret the Koran in a way which makes you blind to the
best qualities of humanity which Brother Waleed displayed. If you believe
the entire Koran to be clear cut, then surely we have no need of experts in
its interpretation.

Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 2:22pm

[QUOTE=Duende]Calm down Abu.

>You are sadly lacking in something basically human if you are adamant
about Brother Waleed being a fool for saving another person's life.

This will be my last response to you because I can't debate people who lack gut and basic knowledge of Islam let alone Islamic manner. Sister, I feel sorry for your empty claim in this serious subject. That is why I care about Islam not your political incorrect humanity.

For brother waleed if he died (as many claimed without shame) for kafirs he did that without Islamic base. Or best he did that in pure personal own ijtihad. Tell the forum where in Islam say that muslim person can die for Kafir. Bring verse or correct Hadith that support your stand.  

>again, how can YOU judge whether the person Waleed saved was a kafir?

You must be kidding. Just read the thread and your earlier post. Btw, are you saying he saved muslim person!!!.

>To judge his commitment to Islam shows you to be rather foolish also,

I can understand why we have diehard liberals among us that want to rewrite Islam in the contex of American culture. If you were salafi sister you will never utter such insults. Please don't twist the topic let alone badmouth another fellow muslim. Why bringing his commitment to Islam or judgement? No one question his commiitment to Islam. The issue is simple. Many claimed he died for kafirs during the mayhem and I challenged that by saying muslim can't die for kafir.  Period

>You choose to interpret the Koran in a way which makes you blind to the
best qualities of humanity which Brother Waleed displayed.

Again my question to you is what is best human quality of brother Waleed?!! If you say he died for kafirs then tell us where is your prove from Islamic sources. On the other hand, listen Ya fiqiha, what kind of interpreation of Quran I make?. May be you need to refresh by reading Tasfir al-Tabari, Thilal and Ibnu Kathir to find out the true meaning of Quran. I'm sure if someone learn tafsir from these books he/she will not be blinded in this world and hereafter. But if you choose liberal tafsir like the one that famous brother did in Hannity/Colmes show right after 9/11 then surely he/she will be blinded both in this dunya and hereafter

>If you believe
its interpretation.

I didn't said its entire is clear cut. There are muhakamat and Mutashabihat. Case point is clear cut.  Allah said, "It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book. In It are verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundation of the Book (and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkam(commandments), And others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is deviation (from truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof......."Al-ayah (surat Al-Irman verse 7).]]

Muslim should not die for Kafir is clear cut in Islam.

Next time spare our time and bring your prove from Islamic sources.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 8:56pm

\may Allah shower His mercy on him. I wish he prentended dead to safe his body for real muslim battle. Forum moderates should remove wedding picture. inna lillah wainna ilaihi rajion

Abu mujahid

If you are that sensitive about the picture, I hope you are not that naive to know that this world wide web is few clicks away for all kinds of haram porn imagery. Like it  or not it is on your system, folks like you shouldn't even touch www. It is totally polluted by association; isn't it?

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:25pm

Ok...what about you too going to closet Islamic center to learn real Islam?!!! Moreover, who do you love the white man's portait?!!!.

Because he is Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, in the triology Star Wars that's why

For someone who says they "care about Islam" I echo the same sentiments as Duende in that, if you fail to understand the basic, moral good that so many of us strive to sustain then you truly have no grasp at the fundamental goodness we all have the potential to exhibit, that is, doing good. This brother who sacrificed himself was not thinking about "Oh this person is not in my religion so I'll let them die." No, he thought instinctively and without thought to save other human beings. By your very response it is no wonder God has made us mere mortals and not gods ourselves. Your insensitivity to this gentleman's sacrifice is evidence that defective minds is prevalent in the muslim community. No wonder we have not made any ethical advancements in the world.

Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 10:36pm

[QUOTE=Duende]Calm down Abu.

>You are sadly lacking in something basically human if you are adamant
about Brother Waleed being a fool for saving another person's life.

This will be my last response to you because I can't debate people who lack gut and basic knowledge of Islam let alone Islamic manner. Sister, I feel sorry for your empty claim in this serious subject. That is why I care about Islam not your political incorrect humanity.

For brother waleed if he died (as many claimed without shame) for kafirs he did that without Islamic base. Or best he did that in pure personal own ijtihad. Tell the forum where in Islam say that muslim person can die for Kafir. Bring verse or correct Hadith that support your stand.  

>again, how can YOU judge whether the person Waleed saved was a kafir?

You must be kidding. Just read the thread and your earlier post. Btw, are you saying he saved muslim person!!!.

>To judge his commitment to Islam shows you to be rather foolish also,

I can understand why we have diehard liberals among us that want to rewrite Islam in the contex of American culture. If you were salafi sister you will never utter such insults. Please don't twist the topic let alone badmouth another fellow muslim. Why bringing his commitment to Islam or judgement? No one question his commiitment to Islam. The issue is simple. Many claimed he died for kafirs during the mayhem and I challenged that by saying muslim can't die for kafir.  Period

>You choose to interpret the Koran in a way which makes you blind to the
best qualities of humanity which Brother Waleed displayed.

Again my question to you is what is best human quality of brother Waleed?!! If you say he died for kafirs then tell us where is your prove from Islamic sources. On the other hand, listen Ya fiqiha, what kind of interpreation of Quran I make?. May be you need to refresh by reading Tasfir al-Tabari, Thilal and Ibnu Kathir to find out the true meaning of Quran. I'm sure if someone learn tafsir from these books he/she will not be blinded in this world and hereafter. But if you choose liberal tafsir like the one that famous brother did in Hannity/Colmes show right after 9/11 then surely he/she will be blinded both in this dunya and hereafter

>If you believe
its interpretation.

I didn't said its entire is clear cut. There are muhakamat and Mutashabihat. Case point is clear cut.  Allah said, "It is He Who has sent down to you (Muhammad) the Book. In It are verses that are entirely clear, they are the foundation of the Book (and those are the Verses of Al-Ahkam(commandments), And others not entirely clear. So as for those in whose hearts there is deviation (from truth) they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof......."Al-ayah (surat Al-Irman verse 7).]]

Muslim should not die for Kafir is clear cut in Islam.

Next time spare our time and bring your prove from Islamic sources.

Abu Mujahid

Try using quote system next time, your post sucks the way it looks.

I concur with Duende!

You don't need to be so narrow minded in this VT massacre situation. Death's day is dooms day and any gesture on that day is beyond any scholar's interpretations. The people died at a place of higher learning I say all would get a special dispensation from Allah for their effort and forgiveness. You don't know what Allah has in store for them!

So chill out!
There is no such scenario in Quraan that could correspond to this horror and NO fishing here.

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:40am
Jazakee Allah Khayr to my brothers and sisters here at Islamicity.

Inshallah we shall maintain our community despite the assaults from
newbies and groupies

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

[QUOTE]

I concur with Duende!

You don't need to be so narrow minded in this VT massacre situation. Death's day is dooms day and any gesture on that day is beyond any scholar's interpretations. The people died at a place of higher learning I say all would get a special dispensation from Allah for their effort and forgiveness. You don't know what Allah has in store for them!

So chill out!
There is no such scenario in Quraan that could correspond to this horror and NO fishing here.

Those broadminded!!!! who compromise the very basic of Islam for apparent no reason except for ignorance/arrogance or fear from authority.......Those who want to rewrite Islam in the context of culture of fear....Those who fear for their comfort life/Citizenship/jobs  .... Those who do sellout....Those who are progressive Islam in America who couldn't response my post......Its time to open your eyes and listen what Ulima (scholars) has said about this case:

"In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for showing keenness on knowing the teachings of Islam, and we appreciate the great confidence you have in us. We hope our efforts meet your expectations, yet we apologize for the late reply.

As regards your question, we�d like to make it clear that Allah Almighty never disregards any good deed, be it from a believer or a disbeliever; He gives good reward for it. But the point here is, as a believer does good deeds, he does so with certain belief that he will be rewarded in the Hereafter; i.e. whatever he does, it�s for the sake of Allah, and he will get its reward in the Hereafter. However, there are people who are good and benevolent by nature, and many of them love their brothers and sisters in humanity, despite that they are not believers.

Explaining the type of reward granted to such people, the Kuwaiti Encyclopedia of Islamic Jurisprudence makes it clear that there is surely a reward in this world for people who, despite lacking iman (belief), contribute to the progress of mankind, are good by nature, giving charity�etc. But the criterion for getting reward in the Hereafter is belief. This is based on the Hadith, in which the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, states: �Allah never disregards a good deed of a believer; he reward him for it in this world and in the Hereafter. As for a disbeliever, he is rewarded for the good deeds in this world so that when he is in the Afterlife, no more reward will be there for him.�.

In making this point more clearer, clarifying that Jannah (Paradise) is for believers, Sheikh Hamed Al-`Ali, instructor of Islamic Heritage at the Faculty of Education, Kuwait and Imam of Dahiat As-Sabahiyya Mosque, states:

�No one will enter Jannah (Paradise) except a believer. Almighty Allah says in the Qur�an �And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance).� (Al-�Araaf: 50)

Also the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, is reported to have said: �You will not enter Paradise until you believe.� (Agreed upon hadith)

This is one of signs of Allah�s absolute justice, because when a disbeliever does something good in this world, he or she does it for the sake of a worldly gain, and it is granted to him/her. On the contrary, a believer does his or her action for the sake of seeking reward in the Hereafter, and it is on this basis he or she is granted reward according to his or her intention.

Thus, Allah gives everyone what he or she has striven for. The believer has striven and worked for the success in the Hereafter, and as such he or she is given the same recompense for his work. But as for the disbeliever, as long as his deeds do not spring from belief (part of which is believing in the Hereafter), then he or she is not admitted to Paradise. The Kafir, or disbeliever, does not seek or strive for what is in the Hereafter, rather he or she wants to attain the pleasures in this life such as seeking people�s admiration, peace of mind, etc. If the Kafir wishes and really seeks the reward in the Hereafter, he or she would right away believe in Allah, the Hereafter, and follow the messengers of Allah and never disbelieve in any of them, because disbelieving in anyone of them would be counted as disbelieving in all messengers since the message they all brought is the same and each Prophet believed in whoever came before him and gave glad tidings to the Prophet who would come after him.

In brief, Jannah is only granted for those who strive for it and there are some conditions to be met for a person to be admitted to Jannah. Whoever works in this life for the sake of the Hereafter and fulfills the conditions of Jannah, he or she will be admitted to it. Conversely, those who fail to work for Jannah or work for it but do not fulfill its conditions will never enter it. This is the absolute justice of Allah, and Allah does not do injustice to any body.�

Shedding more light on this issue, Sheikh `Attiyah Saqr, former Head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, states the following:

� In terms of the reward of the Hereafter, it is totally agreed upon that a disbeliever receives no reward in the Hereafter nor does a believer who offers good deeds out of showing off. However, when talking about the reward of this world, the case is different in the sense that every one is paid for his deeds whether bad or good. Thus, a disbeliever receives reward for the good deeds he offers in this world. Almighty Allah says: � And when Abraham prayed: My Lord! Make this a region of security and bestow upon its people fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day, He answered: As for him who disbelieveth, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the doom of fire a hapless journey's end!� (Al-Baqarah: 126) Almighty Allah also says: � Whoso desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will not be wronged. Those are they for whom is naught in the Hereafter save the Fire. (All) that they contrive here is vain and (all) that they are wont to do is fruitless.� (Hud: 15-16)

All these Qur�anic verses make it clear that both a believer and a disbeliever get reward in this life for their good deeds. However, there is another reward for a believer in the Hereafter while a disbeliever is denied such a reward, due to his disbelief. Muslim reported that `Aisha, may Allah be pleased, asked the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him: �O Messenger of Allah! It was the trait of Ibn Jud`aan in pre-Islamic period to feed the needy and keep ties of kinship, will he benefit from these good deeds?(in the Hereafter)� The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: �No, for he never said: �My Lord! Forgive my sin on the Day of Judgment�� i.e. he was doing all that while insisting on disbelief.�

Source: IslamOnline.net

May Allah show the truth.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:19pm

April 20, 2007

Liberal Arab Website Reports: Debate on Virginia Tech Muslim Students' Association Mailing List Concerning Permissibility of Praying for Mercy for Non-Muslim Victims

Mohamed Ibn Guadi reports (thanks to PRK):

The liberal Arabic-language website http://www.aafaq.org/ - Aafaq reports that a Muslim student set off a debate when she sent an email to the mailing list of the Muslim Students' Association at Virginia Tech asking the students to pray that Allah have mercy on those killed and wounded in the shooting attack at the university.

According to Aafaq, the dean of student affairs at American International University, Abu Hamza Hijji, responded, writing that Allah the Most Merciful forbids praying for mercy for the non-Muslim dead, or even for the non-Muslim living, and that it is only permitted to pray that they be rightly guided. He added that what happened was a sad occurrence, but that does not give Muslims the right to transgress the laws of Allah the Most Merciful.

Aafaq reported that a student named Chris, a recent convert, did not agree, and wrote that he usually does not intervene in this kind of discussion, but that this time he had to say "no." He added that his German teacher, who was wounded in the shooting, is a good man, and that he was praying that he would not die. He said that he would pray for him and for his family, whether they are Muslims or not, and would pray for all those who suffered from this calamity. He expressed the view that religion must bring people together, and not drive them apart, and that the brotherhood of humanity takes precedence over brotherhood of religion or of state.

According to Aafaq, Hijji answered Chris, saying that there is no problem with praying that non-Muslims be kept safe and not be killed, if there is hope that they might be guided [to the right path]; but one cannot pray for the non-Muslim dead, since there is no chance of their being guided. He said that the Prophet Muhammad had told the Muslim soldiers at the battle of Badr to not kill some of the nonbelievers, even though they were on the battlefield, as they had treated Muhammad well when he was in Mecca.

Hijji wrote that the students should ask Allah to save Chris' teacher (i.e. the German teacher) from death and turn his heart to the truth. But he said at the same time that the Prophet did not pray for forgiveness for the non-Muslims, and in particular did not ask Allah to have mercy on them, even those whom the Prophet had wanted to be guided when they were alive. Once they died, the Prophet was not permitted to ask for mercy for them. Hijji added that the Prophet behaved this way on Allah's instructions.

Hijji wrote that the relative importance of brotherhood in humanity or religion needs to be evaluated according to Allah's laws, and not according to human reason. He added that he might seem to be a hard-hearted person, but that this is what people throughout the generations said about the prophets and messengers who came with God's message to guide others to the truth.

According to Aafaq, some students expressed their uneasiness with the discussion and asked to be taken off the mailing list, while others tried to justify the seemingly difficult matter.

Aafaq noted that at least one Muslim student, Waleed Shaalan, had been killed in the attacks.

Source: Aafaq.org, April 17, 2007

Do you see the similarity between Chris (convert) and these fellow defeatist argument. "Have they transmitted this saying? Nay, they are themselves a people transgressing beyond bounds" Surat althariyat; verse:53

Abu Mujahid 

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:28pm

Finally this sister nailed down despite some small errors in her excellent post. May Allah reward her Jannah. Hope many readers in this medium will understand how this subject is clear cut. There is no room for negotiation and rewrite of our belief. Those who believe humanity bonds overide Islamic believe must realize they are selling cheap outdated Jew commodity. Read and enjoy this follow up post.

Posted by: Marwan'sDaughter TypeKey Profile Page at http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/016132.php#c382307 - April 20, 2007 04:22 AM

It is haram to pray anything for a kafir. While he/she is alive you can only pray along the lines of "Allah guide them to Islam". Not even for health or wealth or etc. The reason being Islam is more important for their salvation than good health or money or relationship problems etc. Life in this world is temporary. All our good states and bad states (health, problems, worries etc.) in this life will come to an end. The next life is for ever and therefore more important and faith is THE primary personal obligation on all humans. You can wish them well and donate charity and etc to them, in certain cases its even necessary. A Muslim who sleeps with his/her belly full while the neighbour is hungry (be it Muslim or kafir) is wretched. But the only DUA (supplication/prayer) you can invoke for them is for them to be guided to Islam, because Islam is what they NEED, whether they want it or not and THE greatest mercy, blessing, asset etc. for a human being. Even for ourselves, we must first and foremost ask Allah to keep us steadfast on faith and forgive our sins and grant us death on the state of iman before we ask anything else.

After their death, it is haram and kufr to pray for Allah's mercy on the soul of a nonbeliever. We go by the externally apparent when we say nonbeliever. Allah has promised an eternity of hell-fire for disbelievers and He does not go against his promise. He has said explicitly in the Quran that other than disbelief, any other sin will be forgiven. So to pray for peace or forgiveness or mercy on the soul of a disbeliever is IN ESSENCE making a mockery of the word of Allah and the promise of Allah and religion which is kufr. Allah is our creator and he owns us and has the first and foremost right on us. He gave us our parents, friends, health, wealth etc. Our love and loyalty for his gifts CAN NOT supercede our loyalty to Him and His Messenger icon_saws.gif . The prophet icon_saws.gif has said that none of us have faith until he is dearer to us than any other creation. We cant possibly be more loyal to a rejector of Muhammad icon_saws.gif than we are to Muhammad icon_saws.gif himself. We cant possibly love or respect someone who does not believe in Allah and His Messenger icon_saws.gif and rejects them. Would you be friends with a person who insults your father and mother unnecessarily? Allah and His Messenger icon_saws.gif have more rights on you than your parents. Moreover, would you ask your parents to meet and greet this person when you know he will insult them to their faces?

In this life the disbelievers recieve Allah's mercy, food, rain, health, wealth, kids etc. Allah's mercy in the next life is for believers exclusively. A kafir is NOT rewarded for his/her good deeds in the next life. A kafir is rewarded for his/her good deeds in this life itself. NO amount of good actions can bail one out of the crime of disbelief. The Quran says in numerous places "Yaa ayyuhal ladheena aamanoo wa 3amilus saalihaat" (O you who BELIEVE and commit good deeds). Always the aamanoo (the belief part) is a precursor to the amal salih (good deed). There are places with standalone "yaa ayyuhal ladheena aamanoo" (O you who believe) but you wont find a stand alone (O you who do good deeds). Thats because good deeds without faith in this life are meaningless as far as the NEXT LIFE is concerned. Nowhere in the Quran is there a promise of peace or mercy or reward for people who do good deeds but do not believe. Rather theres the promise of Allah of His wrath.

Their file is closed once they pass away. Allah will give them what they deserve.
Allah and His Messenger icon_saws.gif know best.

From the MuslimVillage forums on a thread devoted to just this vexing question.

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:50pm

Well Abu Mujahid

If this is your kind of Islam I chose the wrong religion then.

what kind of religion, especially if such a religion boast to come from a MERCIFUL GOD and LOVING GOD forbid a muslim to pray to this MERCIFUL GOD for the souls of innocent people (by innocence I mean individuals who did nothing to warrant being killed). I must be wrong. But then again I have been told (I think that was you Abu the poo poo) that I am following a water down American version of Islam. If that is the case (and the consensus of other Muslims) I cease to be one I guess. But I would be damned to serve a "heartless" god who commands his followers to not pray for the souls of the very creation he designed. To me this would be an utter contradiction to God's mercy therefore I would assume rationally that muslims who reject the prayer for non-muslims would be the conservative view of Islam. Unless you can provide a Quranic detail of this (also Hadith) I consider this belief simply a conservative notion not law.

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:40pm

Those broadminded!!!! who compromise the very basic of Islam for apparent no reason except for ignorance/arrogance or fear from authority....

You are absolutely a comic character who is making a mountain of a mole hill and doing a great disservice to the good name of the religion of Islam,

If you profess to be such big practitioner of fundamentalism you shouldn�t be breathing the air of a kafir country like of the US? Just worry for your self you are not responsible for any body else�s salvation.

What is the relevance of the authority in this context I see some strain of  internet psychosis the way you are behaving.

It is you who is hiding from authority behind this internet!

BTW internet is the creation of the authority you are talking about!

Talk about ignorance is it not pot calling the kettle black?

Who will buy your brand of Islam?

I think try taking your stuff to Turkey and see how far you will get!

..Those who want to rewrite Islam in the context of culture of fear....Those who fear for their comfort life/Citizenship/jobs  ....

No body is rewriting Islam; it is figment of your imagination.

Your argument about  comfort life/Citizenship/jobs is totally lame.

If the so called Islamic countries can�t  provide these things to  Muslims then it is none of your cotton pickin business to talk about these things.

You should be ashamed of yourself for bringing this up.

Those who do sellout....Those who are progressive Islam in America who couldn't response my post....

What nonsense are your talking about? The nominal Muslims did not come US for Islam, but they are discovering it here by default, and I bet they will be  better  than  those  they left behind...

Most mosques were setup after the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979, that should tell you something about the time line of Islamic practice in the US

..Its time to open your eyes and listen what Ulima (scholars) has said about this case:

You got me on the soap box now you will hear me out whether you like it not. The Muslims have lived too long on the fat of the land and became fat, dumb and happy and then got colonized/enslaved by the Europeans.

What happened to the application of Quraan & sunnah and all the scholarships?

Now you are talking about opening the eyes on such trivial matter and call of Ulama, don't they have any better things to put their energies on?

I think your types need to learn manners before lecturing others.

You  & your ilk lack US perspective totally, may be you are too  immature to know any better!

How do explain Muslims diaspora today? Must have have screwed up some how!

You are a  classic hypocrite with an empty rhetoric trying to provoke where there is no need to.

So far there  are no takers of your POV.

You are have hijacked the thread for no rhyme or reason.

Your argument is totally misplaced the thread was about a split second decision made by a dying Brother Waleed instead people sharing some decent thoughts here you have totally messed it up due to your psychosis for real.

You need some clinical help before it is too late!

This is turning into real Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.

Lastly don't try copy n paste whole pages from places which have no relevance to the US context. It doesn't impress at all >>>>>><<<<<<<

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:24pm

caught you red handed?!. What a bunch of ignorant Bushe's!!!. Israfil, if you leave real Islam remember we will not miss you!!. You and your liberal friend are good American characters. I really enjoyed by exposing your American Islamic perspective!!!  I don't have enough time but I will make soon insha Allah some comments about this fake liberal Sign*reader angry post.

BTW, how long were you hidding with this venom among American muslims?

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:38pm

Abu Mujahid,

What exactly are you exposing? If you re-read my post I said this:

"If this is your kind of Islam I chose the wrong religion then."

I never said I will leave Islam. Maybe [like your inability to type good english] learn to read better. In your version of Islam a Muslim shouldn't pray for a non-muslim nor help them [even if they are innocent and defenseless]. This is something which you provide no proof for since you say you "care for Islam." What are you exposing again? If you look at the last few post they were about YOU, not me. Even if I did leave Islam do you honestly I'd tell you Moron? Yes I'm slightly pissed. Not at what you say but because your st**idity is annoying and from henceforth I seriously have nothing to say to you.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:31am

none of knows what is in another person's heart.

And really none of us chooses are death. We could die in 5 minutes, we can die in 30 years. Allah chooses for us. So really then is Allah a fool??? Allah chose for this person to live. The person that Brother Waleed saved, Allah has another plan for him. Who ar ewe to question Allah??

Brother Waleed in the heat of the moment, chose to help another human being.  Remember that in the Prophet's time the Prophet had nonMoslems living in Medina with him. He chose to "protect" them by not throwing them out.

My prayers go out to Brother Waleed's family.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:14pm

Dear fellow muslim reader:

By this time you should saw the liberal commodity vs real Islam in this simple debate. The liberals has shown their ugliest face by fighting to the end to rewrite a done case in Islam

In the time of prophet The mushrikin's used a filthy campaign to deter people from Islam "And those who disbelieve say: "Listen not to this Qur'�n, and make noise in the midst of its (recitation) that you may overcome."

In this era, Jews used similar tactics in their political dominant in America/West. By discrediting their apponent in the worst form served their mission.

Liberal defeatist is no better but worst because they are our midst speak our language, pray with us in mosque and claim Islam. They stab behind every honest knowlegeable muslim who challenge/threaten their outdated innovation ideas. They are fifth column.  

This is some of their free fall of name calling during this little exchange without shame. Idiot, moron, comic, retarded, fundamentalist, Psychosis, lack US presective!!!, Immature are few to mention of their long laundary list of insults. This kind of tirade is their slogan in every debate in muslim websites. They know for fact they r losers.  I feel sorry for these men who fail to learn Islam let alone uphold Islamic manner. They want liberally to stop others clearify questions etc. 

Now Its time to debate calmly with some of his assertions.  

[Qoute=Sign*Reader]

You are absolutely a comic character who is making a mountain of a mole hill and doing a great disservice to the good name of the religion of Islam]

Someone dies for kafir is not making a mountain of a mole hill let alone doing disservice to real islam. What good name religion of Islam are talking about? Sure for liberal American Islam not real Islam revealed to prophet Mohamed pbuh. 

>If you profess to be such big practitioner of fundamentalism you shouldn�t be breathing the air of a kafir country like of the US?<

Call me Wahabi, Alqaeda, Muslim brotherhood, Fis, terrorist, Qutb's, Salafist etc to complete your two man circus show. I'm sure FBI, CIA and other intelligent agencies will reward you medal of honor by discovering this FUNDAMENTALIST.  By reminding you what is in Book I become fundamentalist!!! What a poor thinking. 

>Just worry for your self you are not responsible for any body else�s salvation.<

What about calling people to Islam? Who takes that responsibility?  Quran and sunnah speaks volume about dawah.

>What is the relevance of the authority in this context I see some strain of  internet psychosis the way you are behaving<

The relevence is clear. You don't want to tell the truth about this case. Muslim cannot die for Kafir. Simple and clear. You cowardly afraid to say that  Btw, is this some strain include lying about Islam? The majority of learners see liberals are internet psychosis by trying to rewrite Islam in American perespective!!! 

>It is you who is hiding from authority behind this internet!<

Hurray...Go and report to FBI agency. I really expect you cowards capable of doing that. How many innocent muslims your kind liberals sellout in lieu of comfort live, citizenship or job. Shame on you. By telling you the truth about this case is not hidding from authority. And btw, why I care about authority when it comes to my deen. They have no authority on my deen. 

>BTW internet is the creation of the authority you are talking about!

Talk about ignorance is it not pot calling the kettle black?<

Then why are you saying I'm hidding from them in cyberworld. What a contradiction!!!.

>Who will buy your brand of Islam?<

Why calling brand?. Its Quran and sunnah you negate without reason. Don't run from real Islam. No matter how many make up you do, they will not accept you. 

>I think try taking your stuff to Turkey and see how far you will get!<

Turky is muslim land and Islam will rule one day. Don't be cheated by Atatork Donoma group that hold military junta. Those who run Turkish government is your likes who came on Islamic ticket then disown their Islam to appease white Europeans. God willing, Turkish people will rise one day to their Islamic responsibility. 

>What nonsense are your talking about? The nominal Muslims did not come US for Islam, but they are discovering it here by default, and I bet they will be  better  than  those  they left behind...<

Chinese and Arabs/Spanish muslims were here long before Pirate Colombus landed America. The legacy of muslims is everywhere. Their Islam was not default. Tell that muslim American Historian. Yes, there may be few who come here and discovered Islam but that is not the tall order of African Americans and many many muslims before them. 

>Most mosques were setup after the Iranian hostage crisis of 1979, that should tell you something about the time line of Islamic practice in the US

I was here at that time. That is not true.  Practicing muslims were here before and in every State but not united  least to say. By 1979, to my knowledge they discoverd  Saudi funds available to them for mosque buildings.

>You got me on the soap box now you will hear me out whether you like it not. The Muslims have lived too long on the fat of the land and were fat dumb and happy<

Amazing judging on hardworking muslims in this country.  No escape from your venom insults.

>What happened to the application of Quraan & sunnah and all the scholarships?

They were trying their best.

>Now you are talking about opening the eyes on such trivial matter and call of Ulama, don't they any better things to put their energies on?

Life of muslim is more precious than entire world. Listen, dying for kafir never been trivial. May be liberal muslims think that way but Islam says opposite. If that is trivial then what better things they should put on their energies?!!. Parliament like many muslim group did. Interfaith dialogue, kissing the check rather feet of America!!. Jihad!! tell us ya fiqhih

>I think your types need to learn manners before lecturing others<.

Yaa liberal sheikh I hear you. Look your insults and your statements to find out who need manner and dawah.  

>I think you  & your ilk lack US perspective totally, may be you are too  immature to know any better!<

US perspective? You prove my point but What is that? Since you are mature liberal muslim please explain to forum what is US Islamic perspective?

>You and your scholars had done their jobs there would not be a Muslims diaspora today!<

So we kicked them out from muslim land, hence forced them to live among kafirs. Even statistically let alone logically you are wrong. Many muslims came to this country for seeking better life. Real Ulima stayed back and stood like a mountain in front of tryannts. They were arrested, killed, maimed and smeared. Leave Ulima meat. Their meat are poisned. Fear Allah for attacking on muslim scholars who strive hard to preach real Islam and revive Islamic khilafate.

>You need to provide your model based on Quraan & sunnah first then preach and scream at others. I think if you had one you will know better!<

You didn't wait me to present model of governance, economic, political system, judicial, press, education, international treaties/ relationship, peace, war, etc that Islam want to present the world. 

>You are a  classic hypocrite with an empty rhetoric trying to provoke where there is no need to<

Your refuge this kind of personal insults shows how you disrespect often  the teaching of Islam. May Allah guide you.

>There is  nobody in favor of your POV.
I think you are have hijacked the thread for no rhyme or reason. Your argument is totally misplaced the thread was about a split second decision made by a dying Brother Waleed instead people sharing some decent thoughts here you have totally messed it up due to your psychosis for real. I think you need some clinical help before it is too late!<

That is all what you can offer. Poor liberal. I feel pity for you. You and likes defiled this poor brother life by posting him and his naked wife in this islamic medium!!. You defiled him by claiming he died for kafir without shame. You degraded him by saying he has no brain in critical moment of his life. You make him bafoon who don't know his religion by using his body to save kafir person. You run to White house circles and Jewish media claiming this man is our most hero. Once I corrected you Islamically .....you went out of war on Islam presenting American islamic liberal perspective, name calling me without deen and akhlaq. Its you who hijacked this thread to fulfill your liberal dream. Its you and likes who insulted fatawa of ulima in this regard. Its you who wear the liberal turban to rewrite Islam in futile way.

Don't hide in this medium. I advise you brotherly; come back to Islam. American will not defend you when stand alone before Allah. You can be good citizen without selling your religion.

>This is turning into real Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.<

Its not a game. Its Islam and someone should stand up to your liberal thinking. May Allah give you knowledge and clean mouth.

>Lastly don't try copy n paste whole pages from places which have no relevance to the US context. It doesn't impress at all >>>>>><<<<<<<

US context!!! What context?  U remind me Nation of Islam once claimed that America need special prophet before they split into Malik Shabbaz group and Lewis Farrakhan sect. I believe since we are all muslims and Islam is our religion every muslim website has relevence to muslim Americans. That is real brotherhood.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 2:56pm

This will be my last response to you because I can't debate people who lack gut and basic knowledge of Islam let alone Islamic manner.

Thanks a million, Maulana el Fassadi, for helping me determine the real reason behind Muslim downfall across the world. It's the Sole Franchisees of "the basic knowledge of Islam" like you - who would package Islam a something so devoid of Human Concern.

And, still force us to accept them as Muslims?

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:00pm
Herjihad, Maryah, Paty, Duende and our SignReader great and brilliant fielding, but shouldn't we apply our "never caste thy pearls" bit here instead of feeding this chap, thing, whatever?

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:30pm

Bismillah and Salaams,

Pridem, I understand why you say that, but that is up to each person's energy, ability, and desire.

Abu Majid,

You doubt and insult my Islaam and imply that I benefit somehow in some way by being or believing what I do.  This is incorrect.  My family and I have suffered, do suffer and will continue in the current landscape of prejudice against Muslims, merely to be Muslims and let people know that we are such.

I cry for all the pain my children and others I have observed have gone through for discrimination and hatred because we are Muslim. 

And the others here as well have experienced strong difficulties to hold to our faith.  Don't insult this devotion anymore. 

We don't insult your devotion, just your wisdom and compassion.

Min Shan Allah, wakif.  Bekafee.  Khalas. Fee aman Illah.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:51pm
[QUOTE=herjihad]

Bismillah and Salaams,

Pridem, I understand why you say that, but that is up to each person's energy, ability, and desire<<.

?!!!

>Abu Majid,

You doubt and insult my Islaam and imply that I benefit somehow in some way by being or believing what I do.  This is incorrect<

I didn't. Stop being assuming things out of context. What I questioned and challenged was your effort to prove that brother Waleed died for kafir. You tried to show the world his death was precious human stand. Moreover, you went on honoring all dead through your memory and reflection. You said and qoute, "As we express our grief and sympathy for the families of all those directly affected by this senseless tragedy, we honor them through memory and reflection; and Waleed will always be smiling in our hearts"

We may sympathize the families of dead ones but we don't honor their dead kafir. We strive hard to save him/her from hellfire. Period. We don't keep memory and reflection of these dead one in the way you put it.  Quran reflect dead kafirs as warning method for us.  

>My family and I have suffered, do suffer and will continue in the current landscape of prejudice against Muslims, merely to be Muslims and let people know that we are such.

I cry for all the pain my children and others I have observed have gone through for discrimination and hatred because we are Muslim<

We all suffer but you don't expect it will get better no matter how we try to makeover Islam!!!. Your children and muslim children in this country will suffer for the rest of their live unless something else happen. That is the price you have to pay for living in west. Even if we divorce our Islam the test will continue in different levels. We should not entertain to ourself if we compromise the basic of Islam then we will get some comfort pass. No. We should make hijra to muslim or other part of world to create our suitable condition.  

>And the others here as well have experienced strong difficulties to hold to our faith.  Don't insult this devotion anymore<.

Their difficulties don't justified on their naked aggression on Islamic belief we uphold dear.  So far, Sister, I saw liberal progressive Islamic devotion!!!. That progressive devotion is been challenged through this simple post and so far they exhibiited their vicious hate of real Islam and its people.

>We don't insult your devotion, just your wisdom and compassion<.

I'm sure you didn't insult my wisdom and compassion. I careless for personal shortcoming ego's corrections since we all have short coming. What you insulted and assaulted was in fact Islam. The worst part is you want to defy Allah teaching by rewriting Islam.  

>Min Shan Allah, wakif.  Bekafee.  Khalas. Fee aman Illah<

May Allah guide you to real path

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

This will be my last response to you because I can't debate people who lack gut and basic knowledge of Islam let alone Islamic manner.

Thanks a million, Maulana el Fassadi, for helping me determine the real reason behind Muslim downfall across the world. It's the Sole Franchisees of "the basic knowledge of Islam" like you - who would package Islam a something so devoid of Human Concern.

And, still force us to accept them as Muslims?

Whisper

Your ilk ruled Islamic world since the beginging of last century with the help of your masters. No wonder why we had this backwardness in every aspect of life except the high moral ground we uphold still high.

Unless you are part of people who trade muslim blood in downing Street go to mosque and learn real Islam. With that, I'm sure you will understand what is all about real human concern.

May Allah guide you to real Islam.

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:47am
[QUOTE=Israfil]

>Because he is Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, in the triology Star Wars that's why <

Its obvious you love this Jewish Rabbi character with full veiw of all.  

>For someone who says they "care about Islam" I echo the same sentiments as Duende in that, if you fail to understand the basic, moral good that so many of us strive to sustain then you truly have no grasp at the fundamental goodness we all have the potential to exhibit, that is, doing good<.

You and Duende represent the ugly face of progressive islam in America. The basic morals that we strive hard come from Islam not this fake singing we are together mantra. So as doing good without sacrfice your precious life for kafir. 

>This brother who sacrificed himself was not thinking about "Oh this person is not in my religion so I'll let them die." No, he thought instinctively and without thought to save other human beings,.

So you think that is real Islam revealed to prophet Mohamed. What a fiqhih!! Just give us a proof from Quran and hadith if you believe them at all. In any case, how do you know his thought process was like that?. You should be kidding or doing compelete Yoga with Karma to make such wild claim!!!. Don't insult the dead brother and the intelligence of readers. Saving human being has conditions not this free fall that pure Islam refuse.

> By your very response it is no wonder God has made us mere mortals and not gods ourselves.

?!!!!

> Your insensitivity to this gentleman's sacrifice is evidence that defective minds is prevalent in the muslim community<.

You remind me NBR radio with their Slate Magazine and their tireless attempt to define society for their own Jewish image.  For sure, you r the product of American social/education disorder who define values, belief system, right and wrong with their wicked imagination. You are asking me to do affirmative action in Islamic believe. Why join not Qadiani movements?!!. That is where you belong. To my knowledge they were preaching the same tone you struggling to define here. Surely they will welcome you with open hands.

Listen, there is no defective prevalent mind in muslims. If there is any, its new progressive Islam screams with the help of their friends. They want to diagnose fake societal symptoms then give deadly cure. Muslim community will not buy this medication since Liberal Islam come up with all its pretenses. 

>No wonder we have not made any ethical advancements in the world<

What ethical advancement west did? palargarism!. We see good infrustruction but little human ethics. BTW, go to universities to see the thought procces control you exhibit here. No wonder why secular muslims has failed muslim world and blame at doorstep of poor muslim societies the very  failure they anchored.

Make towbah before its too late. May Allah guide us to the right path. Amen

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 2:37am

>Because he is Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi, in the triology Star Wars that's why <

Its obvious you love this Jewish Rabbi character with full veiw of all.  

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:03am

Hear, hear Israfil

Really very funny.

Anyway, besides Obiwan, Sir Alec was a breed apart on the British stage.
they just don't make 'em like him anymore

Date Posted: 24 May 2007 at 1:08pm

>This is turning into real Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.

Its not a game. Its Islam and someone should stand up to your liberal thinking.

Abu Mujahid

You didn't get the Special Olympics metaphor in internet debate, did you?
How about when you are in a hole, you should stop digging!
BTW who said it was a game?
Who died and left you in charge of the Islamic thought police?
Why would a person of your thinking be attending a kafir funded university in the first place?
And let me educate you a bit, what applies here is the law of neighbors & travels wherein Allah with his great wisdom tells the believers to be good to their neighbors without preconditions of their faiths. I say other fella was Waleed's neighbor in this instance.
4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious.

Do you see what I meant by The Special Olympics? I don't want to be part of it, it is all yours

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:47pm

[QUOTE=Sign*Reader]

>This is turning into real Special Olympics, even if you win you still are retarded.

Its not a game. Its Islam and someone should stand up to your liberal thinking.

Abu Mujahid

>You didn't get the Special Olympics metaphor in internet debate, did you?<

First I'm glad you gave in without noise or feared to response my previous post. Secondly, just as I expected its worst form of game on Islamic principles whether you named metaphor or else. Whenever I caught you red handed you lamented its you who didn't get it or understand. Or its internet metaphor.

>How about when you are in a hole, you should stop digging!<

Me or you?

>Who died and left you in charge of the Islamic thought police?

Islamic thought police? nice new liberal terminology!!!. I'm on charge on myself but also doing dawah in this liberal website that want to rewrite Islam.

>Why would a person of your thinking be attending a kafir funded university in the first place?<

You should be ignornat about Islam by saying as such. What about  the tax's I pay for instance?!!

>And let me educate you a bit,

Go ahead ya liberal fiqih to see what you offer!!!

>what applies here is the law of neighbors & travels wherein Allah with his great wisdom tells the believers to be good to their neighbors without preconditions of their faiths.

Law of neighbors!!!Without preconditions!!!!Ya salam!!! what a fiqih.

>I say other fella was Waleed's neighbor in this instance<

Wallahi it gets better by second. Do you see fellow muslims the American Islamic perspective!!! and their new American Islamic version on this incident.

>4:36 Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbors who are near, neighbors who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious<.

For curosity, what is the meaning of  "what your right hands possess: Since you have an American perspective you should have difficult to accept that in its old stand. Listen ya fiqih, your citation of this verse shows how far is your Islamic teaching. The verse shows some general rights for neighbors and dying for someone kafir is not part of it. So why lying? if you want to put a new liberal tafsir to justify your un-islamic stand then go ahead but don't lie in this fashion on Allah. No Tafsir has said such thing.

Do you see what I meant by The Special Olympics? I don't want to be part of it, it is all yours.

Indeed I see what you meant. But I never thought you will go to this far. For that reason I refuse to be part of your American  perspective or your liberal thinking in Islam. 

Abu Mujahid

-------------
Islam need true muslims

Date Posted: 25 May 2007 at 3:42pm

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem,

To all who contributed to the defense of the great Islaamic honor and dignity and kindness of dear Brother Waleed, May Allah, The Most Loving, continue to guide you, and Jazzek Allah Khayr.

Sorry for not listening, Pidrem, but I had to try.  Yes, You're right again!

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:17pm

Bismillah,

Fundraising for Brother Waleed Shalan's family:

In http://us.f306.mail.yahoo.com/ym/[email protected]" target=_blank rel=nofollow>[email protected] , "egyptstudentsunionuk"
> <egyptstudentsunionuk@...> wrote:
>
> Dear all
> In response to your appreciated gestures, the ESUUK
> will start
> collecting money for our colleague engineer Waleed
> Shalan who passed
> away in the
Virginia Tech fire rampage. Dr.Ahmed Tag
> (president of
> Hull branch) will thankfully be in charge and
> mediate the course of
> action. DR.Rasha Waheed (president of Manchester
> branch and the
> treasurer of the ESUUK) who is in charge of all the
> financial
> aspects of the union, will thankfully audit and
> announce the
> donation as it builds up. You can donate through the
> ESUUK bank
> account, details are as follows:
>
> HSBC
> Sort code: 403130
> Account no: 31718959
> Please note Waleed Shalan name as to tag your
> donation.
>
> Following this move, we are thinking of having an
> ESUUK emergency
> managing fund, to be dedicated if similar accidents
> happened for on
> of our colleagues in the
UK and Ireland. We propose
> an annual fee
> (say �10) to be collected from each member for this
> fund. If we got
> an encouraging response from you, we would go
> forward and plan the
> project in details.
>
> All the best

-------------

Date Posted: 03 August 2007 at 7:35pm

Here is a Web Site in Brother Waleed's memory

http://muslimmatters.org/2007/08/03/the-tribute-to-virginia-tech-muslim-hero-waleed-shaalan/ - http://muslimmatters.org/2007/08/03/the-tribute-to-virginia- tech-muslim-hero-waleed-shaalan/

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2008 at 6:46pm
Salaamu Alaykum,

Here is a letter from Amira, Walid's wife, thanking all who donated.Smile

Email Translation (From Dr. Riad Sedki):

AAWW

This is Amira, Waleed Shalaan�s wife (widow)

I ask Allah that you are doing well

I received the (USA) Muslim community check in the amount $105,000 through the Egyptian Embassy (in Washington, DC)

The check is in my name, and I will be give Waleed�s parents their rightful share (according to Shariaa)

I would like to convey my sincere thanks and appreciation to the role of the US Muslims community for their support and effort Jazahum Allahu Khairan.

This (financial support) will afford me and my son an honorable life, priase be to Allah.

I don�t have an email for the US Muslim community or any other way to communicate my thanks to them

So, I am hoping that you would convey our sincere appreciation, myself, Khaled (son), and Waleed�s parents and give me an email or adress for them (Muslim community)

JAK and thank you for your support, may Allah reward you.

==============

Arabic original version (From Waleed's widow to Dr. Riad Sedki):

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

انا اميرة زوجة وليد شعلان

ارجو من الله ان تكون حضرتك بخير

اسفة علي الازعاج لقد استلمت الشيك الخاص بالجالية الاسلامي 77; بقيمة 105 الف دولار من السفارة المصريه

وصدر الشيك باسمي انا وعند صرف الشيك ان شاء الله سوف اعطي والد ووالدة وليد حقهم بما يرضي الله

وكنت اريد ابلغ شكري وامتناني لدور الجالية الاسلامي 77; علي هذا الشعور والمجهود جزاهم الله كل خير

فكل هذا جعل لي ولابني حياة كريمة دون السؤال والحمد لله رب العالمين

انما لا اعلم لهم ايميل او طرق وصول لشكرهم

فلو حضرتك توصل مدي امتناني انا وخالد ووالد وليد ووالدته وتعطي لي اميل لهم اوعنوان لهم

وجزاك الله كل خير والف شكر لحضرتك علي مساعدتك لي جعله الله في ميزان حسناتك امين

-------------

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 24 March 2008 at 2:05am

I could not understand the post of Abu Mujahid of 25 May 2007 and that of sign*Reader. But it appeared to me that the one who was supporting to help the neighbor was the right person. God bless. Charity is the best and should be encouraged.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: Walid
Date Posted: 24 March 2008 at 8:07am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

I could not understand the post of Abu Mujahid of 25 May 2007 and that of sign*Reader. But it appeared to me that the one who was supporting to help the neighbor was the right person. God bless. Charity is the best and should be encouraged.

Minuteman,

It is better to read the whole thread before you blame someone without Islamic reason.

Walid

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 24 March 2008 at 11:42am

Thanks for the advice but I feel that I was in the right direction. Acting on your advice, I checked and I feel that Abu Mujahid is entirely wrong. Now what do you say? please inform me. Thanks.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net