Print Page | Close Window

Let�s Try Part 1

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8819
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 2:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Let�s Try Part 1
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: Let�s Try Part 1
Date Posted: 12 March 2007 at 5:52am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Here's a quiz. Well, lets deal with few easy questions concerned with Islam. We happen to forget minor basics sometimes. Lets hope that we revive those basics and also increase our knowledge with these one liners. Though i may not be regular but would try to be online in my very first free hour

Khair,Here's set of easy questions. When these set of questions are answered as well discussed, we will then move to the next set of questions by any of our other members. Lets test our knowledge.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Replies:
Date Posted: 12 March 2007 at 5:57am

1. Which was the first  chapter of the Qur'an , revealed at once?

2.How many chapters is Ibrahim Alai salaam discussed in the Qur'an?

3. Who was the cousin of Khadija razi allah ta'ala anha, who confirmed the prophethood of Muhammad sallal lahu alaihi wasallam thru the other revealed books

4. In which of the battles did the enemy of islam- Abu Jahl die

5. In which city did the sahaba - Umar raziallah ta'ala anhu born?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:17pm
Hey ! no one is answering . Atleast try one or two

-------------

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 12 March 2007 at 10:45pm

Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Assalaam Alaikum

Hey ! no one is answering . Atleast try one or two

We don't want to reveal our ignorance.

1. Which was the first  chapter of the Qur'an , revealed at once?

Surah fatiha

2.How many chapters is Ibrahim Alai salaam discussed in the Qur'an?

3. Who was the cousin of Khadija razi allah ta'ala anha, who confirmed the prophethood of Muhammad sallal lahu alaihi wasallam thru the other revealed books

Waraqah Ibn Nawfal

4. In which of the battles did the enemy of islam- Abu Jahl die

Badr

5. In which city did the sahaba - Umar raziallah ta'ala anhu born?

Makkah

wassalaam

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 14 March 2007 at 3:53am

Hmmm you score 4 of 5 Amah. Not a bad score.But you deserve a
 One answer u got wrong is about Ibrahim alai salaam, is being discussed in 25 chapters of the Qur'an.
 Insha-allah will try to confirm this answer. But it would be mean of me if this post remains unattended without thanking you. Jazakallahu Khairan kath'eer.

Here's next set of easy questions.

1. Who was appointed as a Muadhdin,, for the people in Madinah apart from Bilal raziallah ta'ala anhu ibn Rabah, by Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam

2. How many times, in his lifetime did our Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam perform his Hajj?

3.Name the sahaba {companion of the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam}, who was blind?

4. Which was the first battle won by the muslims , against the Makkan unbelievers? 

5.In which part of the Qur'an do we find the first verse of prostration?

-------------

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 14 March 2007 at 10:09am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Hmmm you score 4 of 5 Amah. Not a bad score.But you deserve a
 One answer u got wrong is about Ibrahim alai salaam, is being discussed in 25 chapters of the Qur'an.
 Insha-allah will try to confirm this answer. But it would be mean of me if this post remains unattended without thanking you. Jazakallahu Khairan kath'eer.

Here's next set of easy questions.

1. Who was appointed as a Muadhdin,, for the people in Madinah apart from Bilal raziallah ta'ala anhu ibn Rabah, by Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam

2. How many times, in his lifetime did our Prophet sallalahu alaihi wasallam perform his Hajj?

3.Name the sahaba {companion of the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam}, who was blind?

4. Which was the first battle won by the muslims , against the Makkan unbelievers? 

As Salamu alaikum

Mash Allah this is great, but ask easy questions so that we can answer.

although Ignorance is a bless we like to keep it a secret.

okay lets see

The answers to Question one and three are the same : ibn Umm Maktum (Radhi Allahu anhu)

Anwer to no 2 - Only One Hajj

No 4 - Battle of Badr

No 5 Surah An-Najm, (not sure about this one)

Jazakallahu Khairan for all the efforts you are making to add new beneficial information to the forum.

Salams

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 15 March 2007 at 12:22am

Well, Alwaradah, you score same as Amah. 4 out of 5.  

Jazakallah for your efforts as well as intrest. But u answered quickly. I thought it may get dragged for two more days.

Anyways lets discuss these answers.

1. Who was appointed as a Muadhdin,, for the people in Madinah apart from Bilal raziallah ta'ala anhu ibn Rabah, by Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam?

Abdullah Ibn Maktum Raziallah ta'ala Anhu.

Bilal raziallah ta'ala anhu would call the adhan and Abdullah would pronounce the iqamah for the prayer. Sometimes they would reverse the process. During ramadhan, they adopted a special routine. One of them would call the adhan to wake people up to eat before the fast began. The other would call the Adhan to announce the beginning
of dawn. Most of us know that Bilal raziallah ta'ala anhu would call the adha'n so i thought of discussing this.

Only once.

Abdullah Ibn Mkhtum Raziallah ta'ala Anhu was the sahaba who was blind. And there are about 16 verses in the Qur'an  revealed  about him and are still read today.

Battle of Badr was the first battle won by muslims in 2 A'H i.e 624 AD. in which there were only 313 faithfuls against 1000 infidels. 70 were killed and the other 70 captured.

The  very first prostration out of 14 , is in Surah Al-Araf, verse 206, Part 9 of the holy Qur'aan.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 March 2007 at 12:25am

Well, now easy questions

1. How many children did our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam had. {son & daughters} Mention there names if possible.

2 Abu Lahab , the enemy of islam , one of the uncles of our Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam, Was he elder to our Prophet's sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's father or younger?

3.Who read out the sermon of Nikah [Qutbah-e- Nikah of those times}, of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha.

4.Which Alphabet is mostly used in Qur'aan like aleef, ba , tha ------

5 How many times is the word "Ahmed"  revealed in the Holy Qur'an?

-------------

Posted By: rookaiya
Date Posted: 15 March 2007 at 3:11am

Well, now easy questions

1. How many children did our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam had. {son & daughters} Mention there names if possible.  zainab, fatima, rookaiya, umme kulthoom, zaid and Abdullah.

2 Abu Lahab , the enemy of islam , one of the uncles of our Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam, Was he elder to our Prophet's sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's father or younger? younger ( im guessing cos i have no idea.)

3.Who read out the sermon of Nikah [Qutbah-e- Nikah of those times}, of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha. no idea

4.Which Alphabet is mostly used in Qur'aan like aleef, ba , tha ------no idea

5 How many times is the word "Ahmed"  revealed in the Holy Qur'an?dont know

these are not easy questions at all.

Posted By: Sadija
Date Posted: 15 March 2007 at 6:02am

Okay okay Im new don't know any of all the answers.

But just to let you know Im reading here and learning Im a active viewer continue.

Sis Rookie hey sis come on 1 out of 5

-------------
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 3:51am

Ruqaiya Jazakallah for your trial.

1. How many children did our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam had. {son & daughters} Mention there names if possible.
    Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam had 4 sons and 4 daughters
Daughters :-  Zainab Raziallah ta'ala anha
                     Ruqayya Raziallah ta'ala anha
                     Ummay Kulsum Raziallah ta'ala anha
                    Fatima Raziallah ta'ala anha
Sons :-
                  Ibrahim , Qasim, Tayyab and Taher

2 Abu Lahab , the enemy of islam , one of the uncles of our Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam, Was he elder to our Prophet's sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's father or younger?
 ABUhab was younger to the father Abdullah of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam. Abu Jahl was elder.Abu Lahab's name was `Abdul-`Uzza bin Abdul-Muttalib. His surname was Abu `Utaybah and he was only called Abu Lahab because of the brightness of his face. He used to often cause harm to the Messenger of Allah . He hated and
scorned him and his religion.

3.Who read out the sermon of Nikah [Qutbah-e- Nikah of those times}, of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha.
Books of seeratay Nabi state that Abu Talib read out the Qutbah-e Nikah of Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha.

4.Which Alphabet is mostly used in Qur'aan like aleef, ba , tha ------

"Meem", has been used mostly than any other Alphabets in the Qur'an

5 How many times is the word "Ahmed"  revealed in the Holy Qur'an?
   Only once in chapter 61 Surah - Saff

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 3:53am

Next set :

1. Which was the first revealed verse of the Qur'an?

2. Name the companion of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam, who sent a letter  thru a woman to the authorities in Makkah informing them about the secret preparations and attack on Makkah?

3.Whats the remembrance as per sunnah while ascending or descending?

4. Which of the sahabas accompanied Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam while Hijrah?

5. "And bring your Lord to remembrance in your {very} soul , with humility and remember without loudness in words, in the morning  and evenings; and be not those who are unheedful "
This is the verse from Al-Araf. Can you find out its number?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 3:54am
Sadija jazakallah for your response. Its not that we all know everything, be it old or new to islam. Well, we experince a sort
of happiness when try to find out those answers. Like turning different books, browsing or seeking help from friends and atlast
when we find the answer to it, we experience a happy feeling. Is n't it? Thats a blessing from Allah ta'ala which all do not
experience. Your answers may be a hidayah for any from Allah ta'ala

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:17am
. Which was the first revealed verse of the Qur'an? surah alaaq

2. Name the companion of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam, who sent a letter  thru a woman to the authorities in Makkah informing them about the secret preparations and attack on Makkah?

4. Which of the sahabas accompanied Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam while Hijrah?

5. "And bring your Lord to remembrance in your {very} soul , with humility and remember without loudness in words, in the morning  and evenings; and be not those who are unheedful "

first question was easy. the rest were above me. please ask eaiser questions. u killing us here

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:19am
im not too good in history it seems. but i have knowledge in other aspects. these questions remind me of a  madressa test. maybe i must ask my daughter to help me cos im so rusty.

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:34am

Try them u will enjoy. Don't fear if they are wrong. And yes, u have two days. Probably, i may not turn up tommorow.

3rd and 4th are very easy. You answer the first exactly - which verse

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:55am

-------------
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing , you will be successfull

Date Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:35am

As Salamu Alaikum

1. Read! In the Name of your Lord -Surah Al-Alaq 96: 1-5

2. Don't know

3. Ascending - Subhanallah - Descending - Allahu Akbar

4. Abu Bakr Siddique (Radhi Allahu Anhu)

5. verse 205 I think not sure or maybe 204

Salams

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 17 March 2007 at 12:28pm
Ascding and Descending?,could please someone tell me their connections with Sunnah....

Date Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:38pm

As'salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,,

Glad to see the response Alwaradah. Your gift will be reaching at your place . But u score 4 of 5 again so i take my gift back .

O.K serious now , Answers for all those are

1. Which was the first revealed verse of the Qur'an?

A] First five verses of surah Alaq. I had reason to ask this question just to remind the importance of this verse which says "Iqra bi ismi rabbikal lazi khalaq" which means read by the name of Allah ------ And we muslims are practicing inly read and left the other part ,i.e to imbibe islam in our studies. Whatver we do, lets give it a color of islam" I heard this in a speech sent by my teacher. It was indeed heart felting one. Anyways lets go for next

It was Hatib bin Abl Baltaa.

But this letter cud not reach the concerned people at makkah, as Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam, knew of this thru divined inspiration and so he sent Ali and zubair raziallah ta'ala anhuma to recover it.

Al-Bukhari with Al-Fath 6/135 : Jaabir raziallah ta'ala anhu said that while ascending we would say "Allah o Akbar" and while descending we would say "subhanallah". So when u move up or down either thru accelarators ot lifts or either climb steps lets follow this sunnah.

Yes, its Abu Bakr Siddique raziallah ta'ala anhu

205- Al-Araf.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:48pm

Next set of questions

1.Who are the appointed angels over us. It would be easier if we support this answer by the verse of Holy Qur'an which speaks of it.

2. Acc to Suran Asr - "Man  is in heavy loss except -------? Except whom?

3.How was Abu-l-Aas, one of the sahabas, also related to our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam

4.How does islam guide a person in making decsisions or choosing proper course?

5.Which was the verse recited  by Abu Bakr raziallah ta'ala anhu when Umar Raziallah ta'ala anhu was not ready to accept the newz of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's death?

Perhaps i will be very late to reply. Mostly by wednesday. Kindly bear it.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2007 at 2:47am

As Salamu alaikum

Not really sure what you mean by the first question but this is the Ayat that refers to the angels:

But Verily over you (are appointed angels) to watch you,

Kiraman (honourable) Katibin (recorders) (writing down your deeds)

Surah Al-Infitar 82:10-11

Question 2: Man is at a loss except those who believe and do righteous deeds and help each other to the truth and help each other to be patient.

Question 3 I think the Prophet's (Sallallahu alayhi wa Sallam) wife Khadijah (Radhi Allahu anha) was his materal aunt- not sure

Question 4 - I think you mean performing Salatul-Istikharah

Question 5 I know the Ayat is in surah Al-Imran but not sure of the verse no.

I really think you should make the questions more easy so everyone can try to participate.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2007 at 3:27am

Alwardah Give others too a chance . So quick

But yes.  u are wrong again at question No :3. All are right. Try it. He's a companion of Prophet saws as well as a very close relative.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:47pm

As'salamualaikum WRWB,
Alwardah, all of your answers are right. Actually i had the other answer in my mind. Abu-I Aas was certainly related to Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam thru Khadija raziallah ta'ala anha, but i had other close relation in my mind. So i stated'it wrong.
Well, i would like to discuss all the answers. Insha-allah next time onwards i would like to quest easy. Even today u have  a tough one.
I feel whats the fun in easy question. We all know those minimum. Anyways, insha-allah tomm onwards , will quest easy ones.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:50pm

1.Who are the appointed angels over us. It would be easier if we support this answer by the verse of Holy Qur'an which speaks of it.

A]Kiraman and Katibin are the two angels in our charge. Surah Al-Infitar {82} verse 10.11, 12 discuss this.

10. "But verily, over you are {appointed angels in charge of mankind} to watch  you.
11. Kiraman, Katibin writing down your deeds
12. They know all that you do.

Narrated Ibn Abbas RA, the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam narrating abt this said <" Allah ordered  {the angels over u} that the good nad bad deeds be written and then shpwed the way how to write. If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does  not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed in his account and if  he does do it that he intends, then Allah will write for him inhis account as rewards 10 to 700 times, to many more times. If he intends to do a bad deed
and actually does  not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed in his account but if actually does it then one bad deed will be written in his account.- Sahih Bukhari - Vol-8 Hadith No. 498 

2. Acc to Suran Asr - "Man  is in heavy loss except -------? Except whom?

A} Man is in loss except
1. Those who believe in Islamic Monotheism
2. Do righteous deeds
3. Recommend one another to the truth {I,e order one another t o perform all kinds of good deeds} Al Maruf -  which Allah ta'ala has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds {Al-Munkar} which Allah ta'ala has forbidden
4. Recommend one another to patience { for the sufferings, harms and injuries which one may encounter in Allah's cause during preaching His religion of Islamic Monotheism or Jihad.

These are the minimum qualifications to enter Jannah. May Allah guide us always and Bestow these qualities within us. Ameen

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:53pm

3.How was Abu-l-Aas, one of the sahabas, also related to our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam

A} Abu-i-Aas  had love for trade as he belonged to a clan of Quraysh. Khadijah Bint Khuwailyd  was maternal aunt of him. He was chosen as a best suitor for the eldest daughter of Our Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam and Khadijah RA.So he was ELDEST SON-IN-LAW of our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam. Let me add a note of him that after few years of there marriage, our Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam was bestowed with the divine revelation and the Chosen
one. All of the family members except Abu-I-Aas did not embrace islam at that time. His story of embracing islam is a different one which we shall discuss in our further question answer set. Insha-allah.

4.How does islam guide a person in making decsisions or choosing proper course?

A} Al-Bukhari - 7/162
On the authority of Jaabir ibn Abdullah RA, he said <" The Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam would instruct
us  to pray for guidance in all of our concerns , just as he would teach us a chaopter from the Qur'an. He [salllal lahu alaihi wasallam ] would say "If any of u intends to undertale a matter then let him pray a 2 rakah salah - nawafil and after which supplicate a dua {Ths dus of istikarah has been discussed at islamicity, Please search it if needed}  
                                      One who seeks guidance from his Creator and consults  his felloe believers and then remains firm in his resolve  does not regret from what Allah ta'ala has said "------- and consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision , put your trust in Alllah -----" Chapter -3 verse 159.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:55pm

5.Which was the verse recited  by Abu Bakr raziallah ta'ala anhu when Umar Raziallah ta'ala anhu was not ready to accept the newz of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam's death?

A} Umar RA was n't accepting the news of the death of our Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam., saying that,"No, he is not dead , he will be restored to us and those are traitors to the cause of islam those who say so. If they say so, let them be cut into pieces"

The Sahih, Musnad and Sunan collections gathered various chains of narration stating that Abu Bakr recited this Ayah when the Messenger of Allah died. Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah said that Abu Bakr came riding his horse from his dwelling in As-Sunh. He dismounted, entered the Masjid and did not speak to anyone until he came to her ﴿in her room﴾ and went directly to the prophet, who was covered with a marked blanket. Abu Bakr uncovered his face, knelt down and kissed him,then started weeping and proclaimed, "My father and my mother be sacrificed for you! Allah will not combine two deaths on you. You have died the death, which was written for you.''
Ibn `Abbas narrated that Abu Bakr then came out, while `Umar was addressing the people, and Abu Bakr told him to sit down but `Umar refused, and the people attended to Abu Bakr and left `Umar.

Abu Bakr said, "To proceed; whoever among you worshipped Muhammad, then Muhammad is dead, but whoever worshipped Allah, Allah is alive and will never die. Allah said,(Muhammad is no more than a messenger and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; and Allah will reward the grateful.)''

The narrator added, "By Allah, it was as if the people never knew that Allah had revealed this verse before until Abu Bakr recited it, and then whoever heard it, started reciting it.'' Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib said that `Umar said, "By Allah! When I heard Abu Bakr recite this Ayah, my feet could not hold me, and I fell to the ground.''

-------------

Date Posted: 20 March 2007 at 10:58pm

Next question :
Today i have only one question, {As its an essay type}

What were the conditions of "Treaty of Hudaibiya". What led actually, to the treaty of Hudaibiya?

Insha-allah tomm onwards easy questions will be asked.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2007 at 12:54am
ill pass. im wating for the easy questions

-------------
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6

Date Posted: 21 March 2007 at 2:29am

That question was for Alwardah and Group

Easy question

1. How many chapters are there in the Holy Qur'an?

2. Who were the guardians of our Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam during his childhood?

3.Which was the cave Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam usually visited to meditate, before bestowed with prophetohood

4. Who was the Prophet according to most of the scholars, chosen after Adam alai salaam

5. Who was the son of Zikria Alaisalaam?

It was tough for me to frame easy questions. B.cos we can;t say which is easy or tough. I hope these ones are easy

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2007 at 2:51am

Easy question

1. How many chapters are there in the Holy Qur'an?114 chapters

2. Who were the guardians of our Prophet Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam during his childhood? his lived with his grandfather Abdul Muttalib and when Abdul Mutalib passed away he lived with his uncle Abu Talib.

3.Which was the cave Prophet salllal lahu alaihi wasallam usually visited to meditate, before bestowed with prophetohood Cave of Mount Hira.

4. Who was the Prophet according to most of the scholars, chosen after Adam alai salaam no idea

5. Who was the son of Zikria Alaisalaam? no idea

It was tough for me to frame easy questions. B.cos we can;t say which is easy or tough. I hope these ones are easy

these ones are not as tough as the previous ones. but still i didnt know all.

-------------
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6

Date Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:53pm

Jazakallah Rookaiya for your response. The other two answers are :-

4. Who was the Prophet according to most of the scholars, chosen after Adam alai salaam
     A} Most of the scholars say  that it was Idris alai salaam.

5. Who was the son of Zikria Alaisalaam?
Yahya AS was the son of Zakaria AS.
Verse 38, 39, 40 and 41 deal with as how Zakariya AS prayed Allah for an off-spring and his invocation were answered
IZakariya AS was answered with the blessing of an off spring { Yahya AS}, in his very old age.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:55pm

Next set of questions:-

1. Which verse and chapter of  the Holy Qur'an has "Bismillahirahmaaniraheem"?

2. Mention those chapters of the Holy Qur'an named after the Prophets?

3. Which of the Prophets is discussed mostly, in the Holy Quran

4. Which is the chapter named after one of the obligations of Islam.

5. Name the camel that was favorite to our Prophet Muhammad Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:32am

Assalaam Alaikum

1. Which verse and chapter of  the Holy Qur'an has "Bismillahirahmaaniraheem"?

Al Naml

2. Mention those chapters of the Holy Qur'an named after the Prophets?

Yunus, Hud, Yusuf, Ibraheem,Muhammad, Nuh.

3. Which of the Prophets is discussed mostly, in the Holy Quran

Musa

4. Which is the chapter named after one of the obligations of Islam.

Al Hajj

5. Name the camel that was favorite to our Prophet Muhammad Sallal lahu alaihi wasallam?

Al-Qaswa

wassalaam

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:34am

I thought it was sheith.....

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:44am

Next question :
Today i have only one question, {As its an essay type}

What were the conditions of "Treaty of Hudaibiya". What led actually, to the treaty of Hudaibiya?

Insha-allah tomm onwards easy questions will be asked.

Bismillah..assalaamalaikum 

The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and his companions were on their way to Makkah for umrah. they were camping at Hudaibiyah. They gave a message to the quraish that they intended peace. The quraish after discussions with Uthman radiallahu anhu (who went to speak with them), made this treaty.

According to  the treaty, there was to be truce between the Quraish and the Muslims for a period of ten years. Each party was free to make its own alliances, but they were not to resort to war. Any person who deserted the Muslims and sought refuge with the Quraish was not to be returned, but any person who escaped from the Quraish to the Muslims was to be returned to the Quraish.

The Muslims were asked to go back and come for umrah next year. That was the condition.

Wassalaam.

-------------

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 5:54am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaykum

Alhamdulillah mashaAllah a very good thread, May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala reward you brother for your efforts and everyone else too for increasing our knowledge of deen.

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 6:15am

Ha ha easy question from my side.

What is the last word in the Quaran.?

Hope it inspires the muslims to actually make wudhu and go and read what is the last word. Thats so nice n�?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 8:33am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

I thought it was sheith.....

As Salamu Alaikum

I also read according to the majority of the scholars it is Prophet Idris (Alayhi Salam)

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 8:35am

As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah I will add to what sister Amah already stated here.

1. The Quraish did not agree to the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) being addressed as Muhammad Rasul-Allah but as Muhammad ibn Abdullah

2. The Muslims could not enter Makkah that year but they could return the next year but only for 3 days

3. They shall not come armed and can only carry swords sheathed.

4.War activities will be suspended for 10 years.

5. If a Quraish goes over to the Muslims without permission, he should be sent back but any Muslim going over to the Quraish will not be sent back.

6.Which ever tribe wished to join the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) could do so and which wished to join the Quraish could do so.

7. An attack by the Quraish on any tribe which joined allegiance with the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) is an act of aggression on the Muslims and the same if the Muslims attacked any tribe which joined allegiance with the Quraish is an act of aggression on the Quraish.

I think of any others, Insha Allah I know you will add the details or what I have left out.

salams

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 11:33pm

1. Which verse and chapter of  the Holy Qur'an has    Bismillahirahmaaniraheem"?

Its Surah Naml, verse  30.

Yes its Khaswa. But to add little details, here few notes.  We come across this, when Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam entered Makkah on his favorite Camel Al-Qaswa , having Usama Ibn Zaid sitting on him. On his way, he recited Surah-A-Fath {First three verses}.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 11:35pm

Regarding Hoodaibiyah, there is no scope for me to add any details as Masha-allah both Amah and Alwardah answered them fully. Just  a recall :

It were six years that Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam and his makkan followers migrated to Madina. Their hearts began to yearn for  there homes as well to see the house of Kaabah. As the season of Pligrimage  approached, Prophet sallallahu alaihi wasallam  announced his intention to visit the  holy center and many responded to the call.. So they set out with about 700-800 muslims, emigrants and Ansars all totally unarmed. The Quraish who were full of animosity towards muslims gathered a large army to prevent them from entering  makkah and maltreated the envoy who Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam had sent  to ask their permission to visit the holy place. After much difficiculty  a treaty was concluded  by which it was agreed {the following are the condition } that :-

1. Anyone coming from the Quraysh to the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam  without permission of the guardian or chief shud be given back to the idolaters

2.  that all hostilities shud cease for 10 years

3. Any muslim  going over to the makkans shud not be surrendered

4. Any tribe desirous of entering  into alliance either with the Quraish or with the muslims shud be at liberty  to do so without disputes.

5. That the muslims shud go back to Medina on the present occasion and stop advancing further,

6. That they shud be permitted in the following year to visit Makkah and to remain there for 3 days with
the arms they used on journeys.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 March 2007 at 11:36pm

I thank all the members participating here actively.  But not to forget the million dollar question of sadija Well, Sadija if am not wrong the last word of the Qur'an is  'Wannas". of surah-Nas.

1.How many idols and pagan images of worship in the sacred house of kaabah were destroyed?

2 .There was a dispute between Quraish and Ansaar as to the place of burial of our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.
How was this dispute settled?

3. Who is the first prophet discussed in The Holy Qur'an?

4. What the concept discussed in  the chapter - Al-Ikhlas?

5. Which is the ninth month according to  Hijri  Calender ?

I messed up both easy and bit tough questions. 

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Sadija Sadija wrote:

Ha ha easy question from my side.

What is the last word in the Quaran.?

Hope it inspires the muslims to actually make wudhu and go and read what is the last word. Thats so nice n�?

Okay I just tried to take part in this quest even I don't know anything.

But surely everyone ignored me.

I won't then post thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 6:02am

I did answer your question. Its in the post above yours.

Now, complete the formality of thanking me sadija . None of us here have complete knowledge. Do u know a top secret, let it be within us, we search different books and sites for answers .

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 6:09am

Oh I see I am using my own brain without any any knowledge of all these questions.

Thanks sis that was so wow to see you did indeed answered me.

Thanks alot Jazzakallah sis.

Im so sorry sis so sorry.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 6:53am

Assalamu alaykum

ok lets try then,

1.How many idols and pagan images of worship in the sacred house of kaabah were destroyed?

According to ar-raheeq al-makhtoom 360 (i checked the book as you mentioned its allowed )

2 .There was a dispute between Quraish and Ansaar as to the place of burial of our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.
How was this dispute settled?

I am not sure whether it was Abubakr (ra) or Ayisha (ra) who said that Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alhy wasslam said once that Prophets alyhimusalaam are burried at the place of their death so he was burried in the tent of Ayisha (ra).

3. Who is the first prophet discussed in The Holy Qur'an?

Adam alayhisalaam if its a simple question but if you looking for one and one eleven, then first discussion was about Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alyhi wassalam and incident regarding munafiqin.

4. What the concept discussed in  the chapter - Al-Ikhlas?

Its tawheed of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, kuffar asked Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam to tell them about his Lord, so this beautiful surah was revealed.

The blessed Ramadhan.

Wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 11:11pm

Hmm you are right Fatima. May be very easy questions were asked. Jazakallah.

Yes its 350 and else where 360 mentioned in the books. Prophet {SAWS} , himself destroyed  a wooden pigeon hung from
 the roof as it was regarded as one of the deities.

2 .There was a dispute between Quraish and Ansaar as to the place of burial of our Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam.How was this dispute settled?

Abu Bakr RA settled the dispute by affirming that he had heard the Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam say that a Prophet , shud be buried at the very spot  where he dies. A grave accordingly in the ground was dug within the house of Aisha RA

Yes, its Holy Ramzaan.
The other months in order {Spellings may differ as of my Indian accent}
1. Muharram        &nbs p;        7.Rajjab
2. Safar         & nbsp;         & nbsp;   8. Shabaan
3. Rabi-ul-awwal         ;   9. Ramadhan
4.Rabi-us-sani       &nbs p;      10.Shawwal
5. Jamadi-ul-awwal       11. Zikhad
6. Jamadi-us-sani.       &nb sp;12. Zilhajj.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2007 at 11:12pm

Next set of questions.

1. About how many prophets are discussed in the Holy Qur'an? Mention those  who are mostly discussed?

2. How did Ayub AS fulfil his Oath?

3. We very well know Imam Bukhari. Whats his real name?

4.How many brothers did Yusuf AS have?

5. How was Abu-I-Aas freed from the captivity of prisoners?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:01am

Assalamu alaykum

Hmm you are right Fatima. May be very easy questions were asked.

That is cheaky

Anyway i will try to answer your next set of questions

1. About how many prophets are discussed in the Holy Qur'an? Mention those  who are mostly discussed?

There are 25 Prophets mentioned by name according to most scholars, then there are few whose story is been narrated but not name, i can think of five but dont know how many are in true number. Now the most discussed are the five most prominent Messengers alyhimusalaam, Nuh, Ibrahim, Musa, Isa and Muhammad. Other than them Adam, shoaib, saleh, lot, ismael, ishaaq, Yaqoob, ayyub, ilyaas, idris, Hud, Harun, yusuf, yunus, uzair, Zakariah, yahya, dawud, sulayman& nbsp;alyhimusalaam are also discussed quite few times. I think Dhulkifl and al yasa are mentioned once or twice and some say that Dhulkifl was not a Prophet so thats how its 25 otherwise 26.

[Shakir 38:44] And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with It and do not break your oath; surely We found him patient; most excellent the servant! Surely he was frequent m returning (to Allah).

Muhammad bin ismail bin almughira albukhari

Abu al Aas (RA) was taken prisoner of war in badr and Zaynab (RA) sent her necklas as ransom that her mother khadijah (RA) gave to her. When Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam saw that he became quite upset. He sent Amr to makkah taking the oath that Amr would be freed on condition that he sends Zaynab, dughter of Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam to madinah. Amr fullfilled his oath and sent Zaynab to madinah and himself accepted islam later on too.

Thankyou Mr Internet

Wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:13am

As Salam alaikum

25 - Prophets Ibrahim, Musa, Isa, Nuh were discussed mostly, followed by Lut, Salih, Hud, and Shuaib, Dawood and Suliman, Zakariya and Yahya and there is a whole chapter on Yusuf. (May Allah's peace be upon them all.)

2. How did Ayub AS fulfil his Oath? not sure about this- because he was patient.

Abu Abdullah ibn Muhammad Ismail Al-Bukhari

eleven

He accepted Islam. He asked to be able to return to Makkah to return the goods to the Quraish and discharge his trust and then returned to Al-Madinah

Btw this thread is going well.

May Allah bless us with useful knowledge. Ameen

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:17am

As Salamu Alaikum

Ooops i see Fatima beat me

nice going

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:25am

i didnt have time to take part in that one. i will try again.

and Sadija, dont take things so personally. not everyone is ignoring u. i see no reason for u to stop posting here

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Sadija Sadija wrote:

Okay I just tried to take part in this quest even I don't know anything.

But surely everyone ignored me.

I won't then post thanks

Pls continue to post sister, nobody is ignoring you.  

We are competing in answering seekshidayath ,our official quizmaster.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:53am

Mashallah all the answers are very well answered. Alwardah  u need some imposition as you made few guesses and they stand wrong.
 May Allah reward u all.

Rookaiya, Sadija must be busy other wise she would have participated. She's not feeling low.  Fatima - Good work. Anyways Allah reward u all for your efforts to respond to these questions. I personally, thank u all individually.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:54am

About 25 prophets and messengers are mentioned. Out of these only five are of strong will namely Muhammad sallal lahualaihi wasllam, Nuh AS, Ibrahim AS, Musa AS, and Isa AS.
 78 th verse of surah Ghafir says "Indeed  we have sent messengers before you {O Muhammad}, of some we have related to you their story. AN\nd of some we have not related to you their story -------"

During the ailment of Ayub AS , his wife used to beg for him and satan told her a word of disbelief to say and she told her husband. So he became angry with her and took an Oath to strike her 100 lashes. So Allah ta'ala  ordered Ayub AS to fulfil his oath  by strikibg her with bundle of thin grass. {Tafsir Al-Qurtubi}
We find this in the chapter S'ad of the Holy Qur'an - verse 44
" And take in your hand a bundle  of thin grass and strike'

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:56am

A.  As discussed earlier that except Abu-I-Aas, all the members of the family of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam embraced Islam.
 Quraysh then did not want there sons to to remain married to the daughters pf Muhammad sallal lahu alihi wasallam because of there
 animosity.  They came to Abu-i-Aas and asked him to divorce his wife, promosing him to give any woman of there community in his marriage.
But he replied that he won;t divorce his wife as he wishes to have no other woman in the place of Zaynab RA.
Here other two daughters of our Prophet SAWS, Ruqqayah and Umm Kulthum, returned as divorced by there husbands. The Prophet SAWS was indeed delighted  when they came back and hoped Zaynab RA too to return to him as he had no power to compel him to do so. The law forbidding the marriage of a Muslim woman to a non believing man was not yet in force.

After few years Prophet SAWS along with other believers migrated to Madinah. Quraysh fely even more threatened by him, so confronted
him ay Badr. Here they forced Abu-i-Aas to join them. Though Abu-i-Aas did not wish to but had to go with them. Here i need to remind a point that this sahaba then did not embrace islam not because of any hatred towards islam but for the only reason that he did not want to leave his religion of forefathers. Anyways, while battle of Badr , Quraysh faced terrible defeat and few managed to escape while others  were taken as prisoners.Amongst these prisoners were Abu-I-Aas.

The Prophet SAWS fixed amounts for the ransom of priosoners according to there wealth and social standing. Quraysh messengers were moving to and fro from Mecca to Madinah bearing ransom money to free there relatives and others.
Zaynab RA sent her messenger to Madinah bearing the ransom demand to free her husband. The ransom amount included a necklace which her mother Khadijah RA had gifted her during her marriage. When Prophet SAWS, saw the neckalce, his face at once became covered with a veil of sadness.and he felt a surge of tendrness for his daughter. He turned to his companions and said .
" Zaynab has sent this amount to ransom  Abu-I-Aas. If you see fit to set freee her prisoner and return her possessions to her, then do so"

"Yes,",  his companions agreed. "We shall do whatever we can to soothe your eyes and make you happy"

The Prophet SAWS set one condition on Abu-i-Aas before he freed him, that he shud send his daughter Zaynab to him without delay"

Thus he was freed. Abu-I-Aas tried his best to carry his promise but after alot of hindrances though late, he fulfilled his promise. His story of embracing Islam shall be discussed later insha-allah. 
This incident shows us that Islam is not a religion where in enemies are forced to embrace islam. Secondly, prisoners were not ill treated, instead they were freed with a ransom amount taht too was fixed affordable according to the social status of a prisoner. There were tears in the eyes of our Prophet SAWS when he saw the Necklace of Khadijah RA and felt the tenderness of his daughter too. This shows us that a prophet is a human being and thus has emotions as we. Few people state prophet as "noor of Allah", or else.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:57am

Next set of Questions:

1. Where and why does Qur'an speak of Habil and Qabil?

2. Which nation considered itself to be the strongest on the earth?

3. What were the special blessings and favours over Sulaiman AS?

4. Who was brother of Musa {AS]

5,Apart from Umar RA, who was the other option Prophet SAWS wished to embrace islam?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 2:17am

Next set of Questions:

1. Where and why does Qur'an speak of Habil and Qabil? i dont know where. but i know that these were the sons of Adam AS and that one killed the other and didnt know how to dispose of his body. then a raven came and showed him how to bury the body.

3. What were the special blessings and favours over Sulaiman AS?. he could speak to and understand the animals. he could control the winds or something like that.

4. Who was brother of Musa {AS]  Haroon

5,Apart from Umar RA, who was the other option Prophet SAWS wished to embrace islam?

-------------

Posted By: taliyya
Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 1:23pm

1. In Surah Maidah verse 27. I think it was because after the story Allah says that because of this he ordained on the Children of Israel that who ever kills a person with out them having committed murder it's as if they killed all of the people and if they saved a person it's as if they saved all of the people.

2.I don't know. yajuj and majuj?

3.Sulaiyman had control over the jinn and he could talk to and understand animals. He also had control over the winds.

4. Haaroon

5. AbuJahl

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:50pm
Jazakallah Rookaiya and Taliyya for your answers. Both of you were near but not exact at few answers. Answers which need explanation are been discussed . Once again i thank u for ur intrest and wish u all to keep answering them.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:51pm

1. Where and why does Qur'an speak of Habil and Qabil?

Surah Maidah :-
(27. And recite to them the story of the two sons of Adam in truth; when each offered a sacrifice, it was accepted from the one but not from the other. The latter said to the former: "I will surely, kill you.'' The former said: "Verily, Allah accepts only from those who have Taqwa.)
(28. "If you do stretch your hand against me to kill me, I shall never stretch my hand against you to kill you, for I fear Allah; the Lord of all that exists.''
(29. "Verily, I intend to let you draw my sin on yourself as well as yours, then you will be one of the dwellers of the Fire, and that is the recompense of the wrongdoers.'
(30. So the soul of the other encouraged him and made fair-seeming to him the murder of his brother; he murdered him and became one of the losers.)

Several scholars among the Salaf and the later generations said that Allah allowed Adam to marry his daughters to his sons because of the necessity of such action. They also said that in every pregnancy, Adam was given a twin, a male and a female, and he used to give the female of one twin, to the male of the other twin, in marriage. Habil's
sister was not beautiful while Qabil's sister was beautiful, resulting in Qabil wanting her for himself, instead of his brother. Adam refused unless they both offer a sacrifice, and he whose sacrifice was accepted, would marry Qabil's sister. Habil's sacrifice was accepted, while Qabil's sacrifice was rejected, and thus what Allah told us about them occurred. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that Ibn `Abbas said -- that during the time of Adam -- "The woman was not allowed in marriage for her male twin, but Adam was commanded to marry her to any of her other brothers. In each pregnancy, Adam was given a twin, a male and a female. A beautiful daughter was once born for Adam and another one that was not beautiful. So the twin brother of the ugly daughter said, `Marry your sister to me and I will marry my sister
to you.' He said, `No, for I have more right to my sister.' So they both offered a sacrifice. The sacrifice of the one who offered the sheep was accepted while the sacrifice of the other ﴿the twin brother of the beautiful daughter, which consisted of some produce, was not accepted. So the latter killed his brother.''
 Ibn Jarir recorded that `Abdullah bin `Amr used to say, "The son of Adam, who killed his brother, will be the most miserable among men. There is no blood shed on earth since he killed his brother, until the Day of Resurrection, but he will carry a burden from it, for he was the first person to establish murder.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:55pm

Its the nation of Ad. Allah ta'ala mentioned their story in the Qur'an in more than one place, so that the believers may learn a lesson from their demise.  Surah Fajr says :
(As for 'Ad, they were arrogant in the land without right, and they said: "Who is mightier than us in strength'' See they not that Allah Who created them was mightier in strength than them.)
(The like of which were not created in the land) meaning, there had been none created like them in their land, due to their strength, power and their great physical stature.. They were the strongest people of their time in their physical stature, and they were the mightiest people in power. Thus, Hud reminded them of this blessing, and he directed them to use this power in the obedience of their Lord Who had created them. But they were arrogant of this blessings of Allah.

4. Who was brother of Musa {AS]

Here are few verses which tell of Musa AS  and his Brother Harun.
Musa said: My Lord! I have killed a man among them and I fear that they will kill me And my brother Harun -- he is more eloquent in speech than me : so send him with me as a helper .When Musa asked for this, Allah said to him: We will strengthen your arm through your brother.And other verses  in the Qur'an says :

And We granted him his brother Harun, (also) a Prophet, out of Our mercy (19:53)

. ("And loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue. That they understand my speech.And appoint for me a helper from my family, Harun, my brother. Increase my strength with him, And let him share my task

(Salam (peace!) be upon Musa and Harun! Verily, thus do We reward the doers of good. Verily, they were two of Our believing servants.)

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:56pm

1. Who was the sahaba whom Allah chose to host Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam when migrated to Madinah?

2. Towards which nation did Allah chose Saleh AS as His messenger?

3.Which was the first built mosque during the Prophethood of Muhammad sallal lahu alaihi wasallam?

4. What are the etiquettes while drinking water?
Though this question may sound silly , but i thought of discussing these etiquettes so as to let others know our conduct too.

5.Ayesha RA,- Was she married to our Prophet SAWS, before or after Hijrah?

-------------

Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 6:13am

Assalaamualaikum

I am too tempted to answer , but I think we should give everyone a chance .... 

One suggestion , please wait a little longer till you provide all the answers. Maybe someone might want to try? Just a suggestion. May allah reward you with good...wassalaam.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:07am

Mashallah all the answers are very well answered. Alwardah  u need some imposition as you made few guesses and they stand wrong.
 May Allah reward u all.

As Salam Alaikum

We learn from our mistakes. thanks for these questions

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:36am

As Salamu Alaikum

I am also giving this a pass for now

-------------

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 2:32pm
786/ASA;
I guess I will take a shot at:
1.Abu Ayub(r)
2. Thamud
3. Quba
4. Sitting & for Zamzam standing
5. After

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:33pm

Actually neither Amah knew those answers nor Alwardah. With the fear of impositions both of u did not answer.
Well. seriously speaking Jazakallah for your suggestion Amah. I thought of answering once when attempted by any.Sign Reader, We thank u for answering those questions.May Allah reward u too.

1. Who was the sahaba whom Allah chose to host Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wasallam when migrated to Madinah?
Yes, its Abu Ayub Ansari {RA}. who's real name was Khalid bin Zaid Its very intresting story as how he got a chance to host our Prophet {SAWS}.  Prophet SAWS was mounted over a she-camel  and it proceeded on towards the city. People were very eager to welcome
 him. They kept there doors open and wished to host The Prophet SAWS.  As the Camel was moving on by Allah's command, people, wished it to stand before there homes. With lots of hope they awaited for the Camel, but there faces turned pale and sad when it did not stop. Atlast  the camel knelt down before Ayub Ansari RA 's house and a yard between. Thus, he was those luckiest sahaba whom Allah ta'ala has chosen him to host Prophet SAWS for about seven months.

3.Which was the first built mosque during the Prophethood of Muhammad sallal lahu alaihi wasallam?
 When Prophet saws entered Madina, he stayed with Bani 'Amr Ibn Auf for ten nights and there established Mosque of
Quba which was founded on piety. Allah encouraged His Prophet to pray in Masjid Quba' which, from the first day, was built on Taqwa, obedience to Allah and His Messenger , for gathering the word of the believers and as an outpost and a fort for Islam and its people. This is why Allah the Exalted said,
(Verily, the Masjid whose foundation was laid from the first day on Taqwa is more worthy that you stand therein (to pray).) in reference to the Masjid of Quba'.
An authentic Hadith records that the Messenger of Allah said,(One prayer in Masjid Quba' is just like an `Umrah.) It is recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah used to visit Masjid Quba' while riding and walking.

4. What are the etiquettes while drinking water?
 Start up with Bismillah. Drink in three sips and then say Alhamdullilah.

5.Ayesha RA,- Was she married to our Prophet SAWS, before or after Hijrah?
Yes, its after Hijrah.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 March 2007 at 11:34pm

Next set of questions:

1.What did Salih AS's people ask to produce as a miracle?
2.Which of the Companions of Prophet SAWS, was titled as "Lion of Allah"
3.When did the first Hijrah take place ?
4.What was the other name of Medinah?
5.How was the dispute while rebuilding the sacred house of ka'ba solved?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 March 2007 at 2:23am

ill pass cos i dont know any of these

-------------

Posted By: pauline35
Date Posted: 29 March 2007 at 11:20am
Seekshidayath, just out of curiosity, for those who's converting to Islam, do they have to through these questions during convertion? What's the meaning of Bismillah? Thanks in advance.

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:17am

Bismillah means " In the Name of Allah",Bismillah is a part of an Ayah in Surat An-Naml (chapter 27).
Reciting Bismillah is recommended before starting any action or deed. If we with all our heart believe in Allah and  Muhammad SAWS is His messenger, makes us a Muslim. This information is all the  Basics which is necessary for  a muslim to know. These answers basically deal with The Life of Muhummad SAWS and also we discuss here few verses  of Qur'an. But we need to be aware of these facts inorder to understand Islam well.

Well Rookaiya, try out for these answers. Two of them are very easy.Insha-allah will post them by Sunday.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:56am

Actually neither Amah knew those answers nor Alwardah. With the fear of impositions both of u did not answer.

As Salamu Alaikum

With statements like these you will be discouraging us to take part.

There are only five or six of us responding to these questions, where are the rest.

Next set of questions:

a camel from a rock

2.Which of the Companions of Prophet SAWS, was titled as "Lion of Allah"

Hamzah (the Prophet's Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam Uncle)

not sure when i think it was after 3 or 4 years after the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam received the first revelation. It was to Abyssinia

4.What was the other name of Medinah? At Taibah or maybe you mean the original name Yahtrib

Which dispute, regarding the Black stone - the Prohet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam placed the stone on his robe and all the leaders of the tribes held on to the sides of the robe and carried it to the Kabah and the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam put the Black stone in its position.

wa Alaikum Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:03am

Originally posted by pauline35 pauline35 wrote:

Seekshidayath, just out of curiosity, for those who's converting to Islam, do they have to through these questions during convertion? What's the meaning of Bismillah? Thanks in advance.

Hi Pauline,

I said Hi because I don't know if you have already converted.

I have found that taking part in Quizzes is a great way to learn about anything subject. So try them.

One is not required to know the answers to these questions to revert to Islam, it is more for general knowledge.

Take care

Peace 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 1:56am
Thanks for added info, Alwardah. I am not a Muslim yet but I am wondering if I am to be converted to Muslim, what will happen to my name Pauline? Could I still keep my name so that Brother BMZ could spot me in other forums? Dangerous Pauline.

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:22am

Assalamu alaykum

Just a bit more detail, they asked for a 10 month pregnant she camel to emerge from a big rock or a mountain.

It was round about middle of the fifth year of revelation after Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala sent the ayah, 39:10] Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure.

Black stone was thought to be very sacred even in pre islamic time. So when the time for putting black stone in its place came. All the tribes wanted to have the honour of doing that. Things went from discussion to oath that each tribe will fight till their last man standing. Then some senior member of community interfered and came with the solution that next dawn whoever enters the makkan valey, he would decide the issue. The next morning Sayyidina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam was the first person to walk in. Seeing him every one shouted 'amin' (trustworthy) and they were happy seeing him and the matter was decided as sister alwardah has mentioned. the Prohet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam placed the stone on his robe and all the leaders of the tribes held on to the sides of the robe and carried it to the Kabah and the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam put the Black stone in its position.

Wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:52am

Thanks for added info, Alwardah. I am not a Muslim yet but I am wondering if I am to be converted to Muslim, what will happen to my name Pauline? Could I still keep my name so that Brother BMZ could spot me in other forums? Dangerous Pauline.

Hi Pauline,

A person need not change his name after accepting islam unless his name has an offensive meaning. what does pauline mean?

are you thinking of accepting islam?

regards.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:24pm
Hi, Sister Amah, I don't know yet, really about converting to Islam. Probably, it's too soon to talk about it. About my name, Pauline, it's just a Christian's name I guess.

But interestingly, I am just here to find out more about Islamic teachings. What I see in Islam is like what I see in Buddhism. There's no one who could persuade me to not learning Islam as I am learning Buddhism. My head is like being shielded with wisdom and interest to learn about Islam and no one, really no one could distract me from learning Islam.

BTW, I thank you for your guidance. I feel good and protected when some kind souls are guiding me along this learning path.

Date Posted: 31 March 2007 at 8:42pm

Hi, Sister Amah, I don't know yet, really about converting to Islam. Probably, it's too soon to talk about it. About my name, Pauline, it's just a Christian's name I guess.

But interestingly, I am just here to find out more about Islamic teachings. What I see in Islam is like what I see in Buddhism. There's no one who could persuade me to not learning Islam as I am learning Buddhism. My head is like being shielded with wisdom and interest to learn about Islam and no one, really no one could distract me from learning Islam.

BTW, I thank you for your guidance. I feel good and protected when some kind souls are guiding me along this learning path.

sorry, didnt mean to be pushy. may Allah always guide you ...and all of us.

Take care....

-------------

Date Posted: 01 April 2007 at 12:41am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Am very late this time. But Masha-allah both Fatima and Alwardah answered well.

2.Which of the Companions of Prophet SAWS, was titled as "Lion of Allah

Hamza RA, was the youngest son of Abdul Mutallib. He was a man of distinguished bravery, an intrepid warrior, generous and true, whose heroism earned for him the title of "Lion OF Allah". He became devoted adherent of islam and eventually lost his life in the cause.

It was round about middle of the fifth year of revelation after Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala sent the ayah, 39:10] Say: O my servants who believe! be careful of (your duty to) your Lord; for those who do good in this world is good, and Allah's earth is spacious; only the patient will be paid back their reward in full without measure.

Persecution by the Quraish grew fiercer every day and the sufferings of the believers became unbearable. Prophet saws , heard of the righteousness tolearance and hospitality  of neighbouring king of Abyssiniya. He recommended such of his companions who were without protection to seek refuge in the kingdom of that pious king - Al-Najashi {Negus}. Some 15 of the unprotected  adherents of islam promptly availed themselves of the advice and sailed there. Here   they were met with a very kind reception. This is first Hijrah. They were later followed by other fellow suffereers until the number reached  to 83 men and 18 women

-------------

Date Posted: 01 April 2007 at 12:45am

Next set of questions :

1. Who was the first wife of our Prophet SAWS, who was married after the death of Khadijah RA ?

2. In which of the battles did Jafar ibn talib got martryed?

3.Name the revealed books  mentioned in the Qur'an?

Only three short questions this time. SO pls be quick to answer.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 April 2007 at 2:34am

As Salamu Alaikum

Come on rookaiya, Tahiyya and Sadija give this a try.

What's about the others?

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:01am

Come on others , try it .Alwardah does n't know these answers again . She fears imposition that she did not even guess..

Alwardah lets give them clues. Third one is just easy. Second ANSWER'S clue is Jaf'ar ibn Talib was a second commander in that battle. And the first is, she was tall and active. She feared Dajjal very much, that one instance wherein once , Ayesha{ ra}  and Hafsa RA, out of humour said her that the dajjal had arrived. She took it seriously and ran into her place and hid inside. She did not come out until Prophet SAWS himself contented her saying taht there was no such dajjal. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 April 2007 at 11:39am

As Salamu Alaikum Brother,

So that's how you feel. Do you want this to be a competition between you and a few of us?

No fun - the more the merrier.

let me tell you a secret, I spend a lot of time doing online quiz. I find them very useful to test my knowledge and what aspects of Islam I need to concentrate on more.

Oops not a secret anymore

btw IC also has a quiz section:

http://www.islamicity.com/Quiz/New/selectquiz.htm - http://www.islamicity.com/Quiz/New/selectquiz.htm

Check it out.

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:35pm

Yes, the more the merrier. But i see the number of readers increasing every day. Lets see if anyone can join. And i  don't think these questions are that tough too. Khair, it was this quiz only that made me to click "discussion" section of IC  which was somewhere in the corner on the home page and thus i landed here. I know u know the answers. I were just kidding.

Coming to the answers :

1.It was Soudah RA who was married to our Prophet {saws} , after the death of Khadijah RA. She and her husband were amongst those emigrants who migrated towards Abyssinia as per the command. When they returned her husband fell ill and passed away. She was later married to our Prophet SAWS.

2. Jafar ibn Talib  was martyred during the battle of Mu'tah. As said above taht he was the second commander of the three.

3. The revealed books mentioned in the Qur'an are

Taurat - revealed to Prophet Musa AS

Zaboor - Dawood AS

Injeel - Isa AS

Holy Qur'an - Muhammad {saws}

-------------

Date Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:36pm

Next set of questions :

1. Name one of the wives of our Prophet {SAWS}, whose funeral prayers were offered by our Prophet SAWS?

2. What made Prophet SAWS to adopt Zaid ibn Harith RA, as a son.{ Though this relationship was turned void}?

3.Which is the only chapter of the Qur'an named over a woman?

-------------

Posted By: abuzaid
Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 12:23am

Let me try this time..

1. Zainab Bint Khuzaima

2. When his father came to take him back to his tribe, he refused to go with them and chose to stay with Prophet Mohammed PBUH and opted to remain slave of Mohammed PBUH rather than living a free life.

3. Chapter 19, Maryam

Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:31am

As Salamu Alaikum

I know you were kidding brother.

But correction: I don't know all the answers; I am still learning.

I would like this thread to stay alive.

Keep up the good work.

May Allah Ta'ala reward you for your efforts.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 1:38am

3. The revealed books mentioned in the Qur'an are

Taurat - revealed to Prophet Musa AS

Zaboor - Dawood AS

Injeel - Isa AS

Holy Qur'an - Muhammad {saws}

As Salamu alaikum

You forget of the Suhuf Ibrahim

The Scriptures of Ibrahim and Musa (Surah Al-Ala 87:19

According to the majority of the scholars 5 books are mentioned.

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 5:56am

salaams

sorry i havent answered in a while. been busy with my assignment

-------------

Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:52pm

Sorry, its not that i forgot, i did n;t knew that. Jazakallah Alwardah and hope u keep an eye thus and correct me if am wrong or miss out any. Most of all am surprised to see the answers from Abu Zaid. Thanks alot sir, Ur participation boosted up our spirits. Actually , i got orders from our madam Amah, to ask easy questions, and i  humbly obeyed her and asked easy questions and very soon u answered. Otherwise i would have searched and asked some gud, tough questions for u. Welcome back Rookaiya. Alwardah was missing u very much. Ha haa. Sadija let us feel your presence too.

Regarding Zainab bint Khuzaima bit of info that she led only 3 months of her marriage.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:54pm

Next set of questions :

1.Which of the  Prophets insisted to see Allah ta'ala?

2.What is the other option faciliated to those who cannot go for Ablution {Wuduh} ?

3.How did our Prophet SAWS, help his uncle Abu Talib who were in distress?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 April 2007 at 4:29am
.Which of the  Prophets insisted to see Allah ta'ala? Moosa AS

2.What is the other option faciliated to those who cannot go for Ablution {Wuduh} ?. Tayamum

3.How did our Prophet SAWS, help his uncle Abu Talib who were in distress? i dont know.

i guessed all. i hope i dont get all wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 April 2007 at 11:08pm

As'salamualaikum,

Am very sorry for the delay. May Allah ease your assignment Rookaiya. Both of your answers are correct.

And the answer to the third one is :

Abu Talib was going thru a financial crisis. Prophet saws spoke to his other uncle, Abbas, RA and they both went to there uncle. They decided to undertake the upbringing of Jafar RA ibn Talib and Ali RA respectively and thus helped his uncle. A year later Prophet SAWS adopted Abu Talib's other son Akil.

Next set of questions

Name the grand daughter of our Prophet saws whom he loved very much? - Clue- she was daughter of zainab and Abu-I-Aas RA

Anything u know of Rookaiya RA , the other daughter of our Prophet

Name the chapter in the holy Qur'an which means "Woman"

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:16am

This time i had a very big cash amount for the answerer, who atleast tries to answer them. But none of them attempted So this amount goes to  SEEKSHIDAYATH..

I don't think so, that the third one was tough.Anyways lets head towards answerd

Name the grand daughter of our Prophet saws whom he loved very much? - Clue- she was daughter of zainab and Abu-I-Aas RA?

She was Amama, daughter of Zainab and Abu-i-Aas RA. Our Prophet SAWS was very fond of her.

Anything u know of Rookaiya RA , the other daughter of our Prophet?

Rookaiya RA, as said was the second daughter of our Prophet. She was married to Osman Ghani RA. They were called as "The best couple of makkah". They were also the first couple to reach Madinah while migration. She was ill during the battle of Badr. So Osman {RA]  left Osama bin Zaid to take care of her. But when they returned after triumphant victory from Badr, Rookaiya RA was been buried. She was just 21 when she died. She had a son Abdullah who too passed away after 2 years of her death.

Name the chapter in the holy Qur'an which means "Woman"?

Its the fourth chapter of the Holy Qur'an - "An-Nisa" which means "The Women"

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2007 at 12:19am

Next set of questions

1. What are the challenges thrown by the Holy Qur'an to its disbelievers in its divine status?

2.Who was the angel thru whom Allah ta'ala conveyed the revelations to our Prophet?

3.Name the four caliphs appointed by our Prophet saws?

This time try to answer them. Don't worry if your guesses are wrong. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2007 at 5:27am

As Salamu alaikum

Sori brother, I only get a chance to read two or three thread every time I come on.

anyway I did not know the answer for the first question.

Jazakallahu Khairan for your efforts.

1. What are the challenges thrown by the Holy Qur'an to its disbelievers in its divine status?

To produce a Surah or even an Ayah like it.

2.Who was the angel thru whom Allah ta'ala conveyed the revelations to our Prophet?

Jibril (alayhi Salam)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) did not appoint any Caliphs, there are some Hadith to indicate his preferences but he did not appoint anyone. The four righteous Caliph after him (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) were Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (Radhi Allahu Anhum)

May Allah bless us with useful knowledge. Ameen

-------------

Date Posted: 13 April 2007 at 4:48am

Yes, i was wondering where were u all. Atlast i found both u and Rookaiya discussing seriosly there.

Actually am now planning to make a contract with both of u so that none of u leaves this thread . Your participation indeed will be rewarded by Allah SWT.

10:38. Or do they say: "He has forged it'' Say: "Bring then a Surah like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can besides Allah, if you are truthful!''

11:13. Or they say, "He forged it.'' Say: "Bring you then ten forged Surahs like unto it, and call whomsoever you can, other than Allah, if you speak the truth!''

17:88. Say: "If mankind and the Jinn were together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they helped one another.''

52:34. Let them then produce a recitation like unto it if they are truthful.

These challenges stand still today and will till -The Hour, It challenges that no one can even produce a single verse like that of qur'an.

Its Jibraeel AS. Just one verse right now can be quoted which supports it : (192. And truly, this is a revelation from
 the Lord of all that exists,) (193. Which the trustworthy Ruh (Jibril) has brought down.

Yes, as u said Alwardah, i confirmed it and u are right.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 April 2007 at 4:51am

Next set of questions :

1.To which of the sahabas {companions of Prophet}, was the third daughter of our Prophet  Umm Kulthum RA was married to? - Clue, he's been discussed in the earlier set of answers?

2. What does Qur'an say of Qaroon?

3. Which was the last battle participated by Prophet  SAWS?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net