URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8209
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 12:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: On Maintaining Multiple User Ids
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: On Maintaining Multiple User Ids
Date Posted: 11 January 2007 at 7:22pm

Salaamu Alaykum,

I've noticed that some new users -- and it is an old trick that's been played here as well -- seem to have indentical opinions and manners of writing on subjects.  It seems that these users might be one and the same person.  This is against the forum rules, maybe for the reason that it's really tacky to write things up and then support your own ideas as if you were a different person, but it's really only you by yourself.

So maybe those who are doing this aren't aware that it is tacky and unethical and against the forum guidelines for those reasons I'd say.  Please stop it.  Thanks!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 11 January 2007 at 9:10pm
anyone in particular?

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 11 January 2007 at 11:30pm

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair sister herjihad for bringing this up. If you suspect anyone, kindly report to the mods/admin.

And to those who have more than one ID, please note that you risk getting banned.

Wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Date Posted: 13 January 2007 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair sister herjihad for bringing this up. If you suspect anyone, kindly report to the mods/admin.

And to those who have more than one ID, please note that you risk getting banned.

Wassalaam.

Salaams and Bismillah,

Niqaabi Sis pm'd me saying something like, do you mean me?  Yes, I mean you.  She said it was a mistake due to a lost email and sign in and stuff.  I say that it's obvious that if that happens you should tell people that you changed ids especially when you're commenting in the same thread using your "old" id as your new one.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: USA-NIQAABI
Date Posted: 13 January 2007 at 5:15pm

Assalamu'Alaikum,

JazakAllahKhair...Herjihad...I'm so glad I pm'd you did you send it to the administrator...

Alhamdulillah the administrator was able to straighten everything out for me and put my old profile as a guest they said we couldn't just delete it because the other threads I started would be orphan threads....

Thanks Again for all of your help I'm so happy to have it all straightened out...

Alhamdulillah if I ever do try to update my profile again I'll double check my email and make sure I didn't type it in wrong...I've been doing that all week trying to get used to it....Thank You Again!

I didn't update the signature but I will be very careful to double check that I'm not commenting on a thread that I had before and if I do I'll make a note of it on my post...

Insha'Allah after a few weeks I'm sure there will be new threads so I won't have to double check everything...In the mean time I'm writing down the threads on a sticky note by my pc so I'll know without having to stream thru all of the pages....

MasSalaama

Date Posted: 14 January 2007 at 6:31am
Originally posted by USA-NIQAABI USA-NIQAABI wrote:

Assalamu'Alaikum,

JazakAllahKhair...Herjihad...I'm so glad I pm'd you did you send it to the administrator...

Alhamdulillah the administrator was able to straighten everything out for me and put my old profile as a guest they said we couldn't just delete it because the other threads I started would be orphan threads....

Thanks Again for all of your help I'm so happy to have it all straightened out...

Alhamdulillah if I ever do try to update my profile again I'll double check my email and make sure I didn't type it in wrong...I've been doing that all week trying to get used to it....Thank You Again!

I didn't update the signature but I will be very careful to double check that I'm not commenting on a thread that I had before and if I do I'll make a note of it on my post...

Insha'Allah after a few weeks I'm sure there will be new threads so I won't have to double check everything...In the mean time I'm writing down the threads on a sticky note by my pc so I'll know without having to stream thru all of the pages....

MasSalaama

Salaams and Bismillah,

Very through of you.  Ma'Shah Allah.  In Shah Allah the others will see this example you have set and do the same.

-------------

Posted By: rookaiya
Date Posted: 01 February 2007 at 3:05am

i suspect someone else of doing this, but i dont have any proof yet, so im afraid to just name that person here, in case im wrong.

once i have gathered all the evidence, i will pm one of the administrators and see if they see what i think i see.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net