Print Page | Close Window

Ann Coulter: Slander or Accurate?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7766
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 5:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ann Coulter: Slander or Accurate?
Posted By: ejdavid
Subject: Ann Coulter: Slander or Accurate?
Date Posted: 05 December 2006 at 12:40pm
Ms. Coulter is a particularly effective satirist. However, her recent columns claim to quote from the hadith various things at: http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Are these quotes acurate? If they are accurate what context has been omitted?

Replies:
Posted By: Hanan
Date Posted: 05 December 2006 at 5:06pm

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Posted By: Andalus
Date Posted: 05 December 2006 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Ms. Coulter is a particularly effective satirist. However, her recent columns claim to quote from the hadith various things at: http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Are these quotes acurate? If they are accurate what context has been omitted?

Consider the source. Ann Coulter is a necon-puppet without any real intellectual credibility. Her piece does a lot of ranting, asserting, and extremely juvenile "jabs". This single quote sums speaks volumes about who she is. 

"The spokesman for the imams � or as I believe it's phrased in their culture, "designated liar" �"

Poor Anne.

She has little credibility outside of necon circles.

Consider the source. If you have questions regarding hadiths, then please feel free to discuss them within the context of the forum rules.

Do not post links to bad polemics and use that as a question.

regards

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/

Posted By: Servetus
Date Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:01pm

Ann Coulter is a pole-dancing political exhibitionist in a Tijuana nightclub.  She never gets enough and her clients have scurvy.  Taking instructions from her on any given ahadith related to the Qiyamah is like sitting in David Duke�s Yeshiva for lessons in the Talmud or asking  Martin Luther to explain Revelations 3:9.  Perhaps it is for this or similar reasons that some Jewish Rabbis joined the Muslims in a staged protest, complain though the gyrating Ms. Coulter freely may.

Post-card to Ann (in case she�s reading):

Who (still) loves ya baby  ?

Serv

Date Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:12pm

Date Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:22pm
Hannan, Andalus, Servitus: I am a better Muslim scholar then all three of you combined. It took me about 90 seconds to answer my own question with google regarding Muslim no. 6985 ["... The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews..."]

URL for SaB (2005) [http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/07/dialogue_with_a_saudi_muslim_6.html]

"We interpret these sayings in the light of Islamic teachings about what the Qur'an refers to as 'People of the Book,' i.e., Jews and Christians. Islam never advocated their indiscriminate killing; in fact, Islam specifically permits Muslims to eat their food and marry their women. (Qur'an, 5:5) ... Those ahadith quoted above are generally understood to be about particular, specific Jews who commit acts of aggression against Muslims."

The Palestinian Authority and many other Muslims use these hadith to incite violence against Israel and Jews in general. Accordingly, Ann Coulter is entirely justified in citing them as evidence of Muslim intolerance. And the three of you seem unaware of the true meaning of these verses and jabber incoherently.

Sad state of affairs when a kaffir googles to defend Islamic teachings while Hannan issues her silly ALERT against that kaffir.

Date Posted: 06 December 2006 at 12:42pm
Hannan

Your little "bo-peep and the sheep" jpg. seems entirely appropriate from you, and to, your fellow flocksters.

Date Posted: 06 December 2006 at 3:32pm

EJDavid,

Quote:
Hannan [sic], Andalus, Servitus [sic]: I am a better Muslim scholar then all three of you combined ...

In that case, may you soon open a tax-free Washington D.C. madrassa to compete with Imam John Hagee�s and get welcoming letters and warm receptions from President Bush and Elliot Abrams.

Quote:
� And the three of you seem unaware of the true meaning of these verses and jabber incoherently...

My jabber was on the contrary absolutely coherent. 

Serv

Wage perpetual war against hatred (but only other peoples')!

Date Posted: 07 December 2006 at 8:44am
Servetus (unsic), Hannan (not so sure)

No madrassas for me. I bought one in my college days and the colors ran.

Serv, I have reviewed your earlier comments and find they were, in fact, coherent. I stand corrected. I advise caution, however, should Hannan ever invite you for a hay ride down at the farm. If you do go, though, I would like some polaroids....

Date Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:26am

Date Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:47am

Thank you for the review of at least my part, EJDavid.

You will have noticed that that is what we tend to do on this board with particularly �effective� satirists -we satirize back.  It�s one of the few arrows in our quiver.  And sometimes we do wield our weapons disproportionately, or even awkwardly, in a demonstration of our own version of shock and awe.  But unlike any given Machiavelli on crack who trains battalions of (inorganic) suicide bombers (disguised as artillery-fired cluster munitions) to target civilians and places nukes upon the moon, we do violence primarily to pretense and then to ontology.  Again, though, you will have noticed this because you, yourself, are fully capable of wielding wit as a weapon and thus are able to join us in the arena, but far, far, from Tijuana.

Best regards,

Serv

Date Posted: 07 December 2006 at 12:51pm
Serv - Nice to hear from a coherent (more or less) satirist. A couple of things of note. First, we do not target civilians for a number or reasons, not the least of which is it is a waste of good munitions that are better put to use in other ways.

Second, the only reason I can think to plant nukes on the moon is to defend against lunatics. However, Hannan is not on the moon, whatever she might actually believe. The best defense against her, I believe, is a pair of wool clippers. No cluster bombs required.

I believe the islamists target civilians for a couple of reasons. First, they seem to really enjoy it, even if it kills them. Second, they are not able to kill as many combatants as they would like, and so what the heck, a dead body is a dead body: let Allah sort them out!

Date Posted: 07 December 2006 at 9:00pm

EJDavid,

You wrote:
Nice to hear from a coherent (more or less) satirist.

Thanks.  That would, of course, be more.

Quote:
� First, we [Americans] do not target civilians for a number of reasons �

But then again, for a number of other reasons, we evidently and reportedly do.

Quote:
� the only reason I can think to plant nukes on the moon is to defend against lunatics.

That was a good one! 

Quote:
However, Hannan is not on the moon, whatever she might actually believe. The best defense [sic] against her, I believe, is a pair of wool clippers. No cluster bombs required.

Allow me to point out that Hanan is not the aggressor in this case.  She neither wrote nor provided a link to an article that, among other things, summarily calumniates Ann Coulter�s religion.  Hanan and others (Muslims) are the hosts, you and I (and other non-Muslims) are the guests.  Capisce?    

Quote:
I believe the islamists target civilians for a couple of reasons. First, they seem to really enjoy it, even if it kills them.

If you really must insist upon swimming in the Institute for Advanced Strategic & Political Studies so-called think tank (or one of its many tributaries), you might first consider using a neo-condom (thanks for the term, Gore Vidal).  I am not sure, of course, but, in the future, you could find that it saved not only your intellectual but also your ethical life.

Quote:
Second, they are not able to kill as many combatants as they would like, and so what the heck, a dead body is a dead body: let Allah sort them out!

So seems to say Imam John Hagee, one of the oft-quoted spokesmen for the American Hezbullah, or Party of God, when he lifts his languid eyelids toward Blida and other border towns of Lebanon and proclaims, to the applause of, among others, President Bush and Elliot Abrams, that �God�s foreign policy is ��

Serv 

Date Posted: 08 December 2006 at 9:14am

New thread (discussion spin-off):

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7800&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7800& ;PN=1

Serv

Posted By: Andalus
Date Posted: 08 December 2006 at 7:26pm

Hannan, Andalus, Servitus: I am a better Muslim scholar then all three of you combined. It took me about 90 seconds to answer my own question with google regarding Muslim no. 6985 ["... The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews..."]

URL for SaB (2005) [http://www.americanthinker.com/2006/07/dialogue_with_a_saudi_muslim_6.html]

"We interpret these sayings in the light of Islamic teachings about what the Qur'an refers to as 'People of the Book,' i.e., Jews and Christians. Islam never advocated their indiscriminate killing; in fact, Islam specifically permits Muslims to eat their food and marry their women. (Qur'an, 5:5) ... Those ahadith quoted above are generally understood to be about particular, specific Jews who commit acts of aggression against Muslims."

I would say that you have a few obstacles that would prevent you from being a scholar. 1) Your critical thinking skills are lacking a great deal 2) your self assumed scholarly ability still did not conjure up an actual explanation. 3) if you have a real issue to discuss, then simply state your ideas instead of presenting a cheap site with an impression of a false intention of wanting to learn. 4) the hadith is a prophecy that will take place during a time of war between Jews and Muslims.

The Palestinian Authority and many other Muslims use these hadith to incite violence against Israel and Jews in general.

Israelis use the Hebrew Scriptures to justify the acts of crime they have perpetuated on the reigonal Arabs, including the destruction of many Arab villages that had existed for centuries before racist Christians gave their land away to racist white Jewish zionists. I do not hear or read how you or Ann coutler moans about that?

You want to complain that a group of brutalized people who have been kicked around for nearly 50 years and have nearly nothing but poverty, dirt, and hunger, misuses a hadith against a group of racists who are responsible for their misery?

Accordingly, Ann Coulter is entirely justified in citing them as evidence of Muslim intolerance. And the three of you seem unaware of the true meaning of these verses and jabber incoherently.

I knew what the meaning and context was. It is obvious that you, even after your scholarly, "cursory" research of 90 seconds still remains ignorant. Keep in mind I am not here to respond to Ann Coulter. She has absolutely no credibility.

If you want to know about a Hadith, for a particualr reason, then I am sure you will find many who will discuss it. If you want to find the answer to something written by an intellectually bankrupt neocon, then you are on your own, as it would be a waste of time.

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/

Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 11:25am
Andalus, Serv, Hanna et. al

My original post was a simple test that was failed by everyone who responded. Specifically, not one person originally responded with any discussion at all of the hadith in question. To this day Hannan has offered little more then juvenile "your mother wears combat boots" type responses. Does she actually believe an Coulter's 'Adams Apple' is relevant to Islamic Hadith?

Further, my discussion has nothing to do with Jewish Scripture and Israeli behavior to the Palestinians. And I doubt anyone on this thread is even remotely aware of my harsh discussions eslewhere regarding the Talmud, among other Jewish religious documentations.

However, this fact remains: Arab and Jewish Semites are intractibly hostile to one another. I do not believe this will ever change. Accordingly, any changes in the political landscape will be determined on the military battlefield, as has generally been the case between Semites of all types, in all times and places, with a brief exception during The Prophets Day.

As I have noted elsewhere, I believe a 'small' nuclear war between peoples in the ME would provide a temporary respite from the world's endemic Semite Problem.

Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 12:50pm

EJDavid,

You wrote:
My original post was a simple test that was failed by everyone who responded.

I recognize that.  You may either demote or expel me.  I opted, quite deliberately, to address secondary issues related to your post. 

Quote:
Specifically, not one person originally responded with any discussion at all of the hadith in question.

I, being non-Muslim, do not usually make it a point to give Islamic dawah, especially to those who seem hostile at best.  But I do obviously address other issues.  In his above posts I think Andalus, rather generously, made it perfectly clear that, if you want to discuss this and related ahadith, you should start another topic, on a better footing, and leave Ann Coulter and other anti-Islamic polemicists in Tijuana, where they belong. 

Quote:
Further, my discussion has nothing to do with Jewish Scripture and Israeli behavior to the Palestinians.

But, as we are (almost) discussing issues related to prophecy, it seems to me that it does, at least by way of correlation. 

For the remainder of this discussion, I leave you in the capable care of the resident Muslims.  I won�t be too surprised, though, nor will I fault them, if they consistently refuse to bite your bait and thereby fail your tests.

Over and out ...

Serv

Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 12:58pm

Posted By: hat2010
Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 2:04pm
(copied from MSA-USC website)

"MSA-USC Hadith Database
Warning (especially for Muslims)

There are many early hadith scholars and teachers to whom we are
indebted for introducing the critical science of collecting and evaluating
ahadeeth. These teachers each collected many different ahadeeth. They
did not allow students to quote from their collections until the students
had actually come to them and learnt from them directly.

Today, the situation is different. The collections of ahadeeth have for the
most part stabilized, and with the advent of the printing press, the
collections are easily mass-produced. There is a blessing in all this of
course, but there is a real danger that Muslims will fall under the
impression that owning a book or having a database is equivalent to
being a scholar of ahadeeth. This is a great fallacy. Therefore, we would
like to warn you that this database is merely a tool, and not a substitute
for learning, much less scholarship in Islam."

Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 7:34pm
Jamal

Precisely. I used the Ann Coulter column to illustrate this. Specifically, some Muslims use these sorts of passages to promote violent political agendas. Accordingly, Coulter has a valid point that the passages can do just that. But not one Muslim here even seemed to realize that is what is going on.

And then there is Hannan who is worried Westerners plan genocide against ME Muslims. However, Iraqi Muslims killed more Muslims in the last month then they have killed Americans in the last five years. In the past the Iran/Iraq war killed, I believe, millions of Muslims, and Saydamns looting of the UN food for oil program killed, according to Muslims who blame the US, 1.5 million Muslim children.

Finally, a nuclear exchange in the ME upon Muslims will not come because the West wants it. It will come, if it comes, because of Iranian preparations for a nuclear attack on Israel, and the resultant retaliatory carnage such an exchage would entail. Yet I hear little discussion that an Iranian attack on Israel would be bad for Muslims.

All very peculiar.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 10:26pm
Bro Jamal excuse me for adding my 2 cents

>>> However, Iraqi Muslims killed more Muslims in the last month then they have killed Americans in the last five years.

Would you like more Americans killed? As matter of fact the turn coats should be counted as Americans and not Muslims.

In the past the Iran/Iraq war killed, I believe, millions of Muslims,

In whose service and interest? the Yanks, the Zionist; the Russkies and 99 other arm exporting countries enjoying the profits from the slug fest of st**idots. >>>>>
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/articles/iran_iraq_war_american_interest.php - Iraq Iran War American Interest

and Saydamns looting of the UN food for oil program killed, according to Muslims who blame the US, 1.5 million Muslim children.

Pleeeeese don't make up lies as you get carried away in polemics about the OFFP; you need to get your facts  straight instead of being a.
http://www.oilforfoodfacts.org/faq.aspx - the FACTS about OFFP

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/apr2003/iraq-a15.shtml - FACTS ABOUT LOOTING

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: amah
Date Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

ejdavid wrote: As I have noted elsewhere, I believe a 'small' nuclear war between peoples in the ME would provide a temporary respite from the world's endemic Semite Problem.

I understand the above sentence as a message to all who hate and wish death upon Muslims, to take up arms, nuclear arms if possible, and to destroy and kill Muslims in the Middle East. I am deeply offended by this statement and the unrelenting hatred for Muslims, which manifested itself in the author's statement.

Dear Hanan, let ejdavid dream on....and doesn't it happen that those who wish ill for others , ill luck comes to them?

wassalaam.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net