Print Page | Close Window

Wanting to convert - now what?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7724
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 12:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wanting to convert - now what?
Posted By: oregonbagpiper
Subject: Wanting to convert - now what?
Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 9:13am
My wife has given me 'permission' to follow the religion of my own choosing.  I have been a pretty devout Catholic, but I've been questioning the existence of the Trinity as an understanding of God, and the expanse and nature of God. 

I have been blessed with two wonderful 'visions' - sacred dreams whose character and nature were decidedly different.  Email me if you want the details.  Suffice it to say that these experiences have been guiding me toward Islam, despite my best efforts at squashing the idea of conversion.

I have many questions about my ability to live everything - all the Sunnah, life according to all the Hadith, etc., but the Quran to me is holy and perfect as a religious book sent down from God to man as clear guidance.

Should I convert at my local masjid or online at islamicity.com over the phone, or what?  Any ideas?

I am reluctant to convert at the masjid because I don't want to be the center of attention. 

One thing I'll have to do is to adjust my working hours to accomodate Jumma prayers at the local masjid (a 10 minute drive from my workplace)

So what are the community thoughts on this?

Peace and Blessings to all,

David

-------------
Peace,

OregonBagpiper

Replies:
Posted By: Salih88
Date Posted: 01 December 2006 at 9:41am

Greetings,

Its not a problem for someone to become Muslim at the masjid. It is good to do it at the masjid because you will meet a lot of Muslims and they will most likely be welcome to ablige. I don't know the people but if you talk to the Imaam or someone in charge they will help you a lot, and if you know a Muslim who goes there who can help that's good to. Whatever your decision may Allah guide you to what is good.

Salih

-------------
"Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, Dawud, the possessor of strenght; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back[to Allah]" Surah Sad- Ayat 17

Posted By: hat2010
Date Posted: 02 December 2006 at 5:49am
Peace David,

I am out of my depth if I try to answer your conversion question - I do want
to share with you how happy I am at your experience and the adventure that
is unfolding before you...

T'Barak Allah Alik,

Jamal Morelli

Posted By: ysimjee
Date Posted: 14 December 2006 at 2:26am

Alhamdullilah.

Its better to go to someone that can help you to convert.  Imaan or Moulana, reason being the kalimah of faith needs to be read and azaan needs to be givin in your ears.

Welcome to islam.

Inshallah everything will be easy for you.

Posted By: rookaiya
Date Posted: 14 December 2006 at 3:21am
im curious. is your wife Muslim? just that your first sentence regarding your wife giving u permission  got me wondering what religion your wife is practising.

Posted By: Salih88
Date Posted: 14 December 2006 at 11:47am

Asalamualaikum,

I've never heard of the athaan being called in the ear. Is this the Sunnah of Rasuallah(saw)?

-------------
"Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, Dawud, the possessor of strenght; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back[to Allah]" Surah Sad- Ayat 17

Date Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:43pm

It was done when i converted to islaam.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 15 December 2006 at 7:30pm
David
Assalaoalikum
If you have a masjid I will recommend that you visit with the Imam for declaration of Kalima; that way you will have lot more blessings to share with others, and will have contact if you need any further guidance in the matter of faith and practice.

Also you may want to have an experience that you can think back in future, you don't have to  do  the declaration in front of a large crowd anyway.

I would like you PM me about your visions. thanks

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: southman4b
Date Posted: 25 December 2006 at 1:10pm
As Salaamu Alaikum Brother,

I pray that by this time you have followed your course as has been pre-ordained by Allah and recited Calimah (Shahadah) in your way.  The advice of seeking out other Muslims for their assistance in your path is very wise.  The presence of other Muslims will help to ease your transition and allow for you to ask questions and receive help whenever you need it.

Please update us to your status today.

Your Brother in Islam,

Abdul Latif

Posted By: Josh_345
Date Posted: 02 January 2007 at 12:51am
I am sad to hear this. Why do you think the Koran is holy and the bible is not? These visions could be coming from Satan. The Koran has been wrong on predictions of the future.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 02 January 2007 at 4:26am

Originally posted by Josh_345 Josh_345 wrote:

I am sad to hear this. Why do you think the Koran is holy and the bible is not? These visions could be coming from Satan. The Koran has been wrong on predictions of the future.

Please discuss your concerns in Islam for non-Islam section about Islam or take part in interfaith section, and post your claims with evidence. Please don't start such matters here.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Arab
Date Posted: 20 January 2007 at 9:28am
Yes especially since they arent true. Oregon, have you became a Muslim already or not? Btw you cant convert to Islam, no one can. If you become a Muslim you would be considered a revert to Islam  Because Islam means surrendering your will and self to Allah, so by definition, everyone on earth has been born a Muslim. So you would just be returning to the right path, the path u were born on. if u need any personal help by all means ask and or PM me I can help u with anything inshAllah

Posted By: JosphMorganWild
Date Posted: 01 February 2007 at 3:51pm
You cant convert on the day. That is turning away from god.

Date Posted: 01 February 2007 at 3:59pm
Evidence.... OK.

The bible is not a book. It is a tattooed person with markings down his left side of the different religions and signs. Each tattooed body part reveals an interconnecting answer. That is what the true bible is.

He has a knife on his left arm.  dragon on his left foot. A snake on his left calf. A broken heart on his left hip, and to finish off, has a triangle on his chest with dragon writing in it. This is the last tattoo. 3 to the chest beats all.

Date Posted: 01 February 2007 at 4:03pm
If you surrender yourself to ANYTHING OR ANYONE EVER then you are more st**id than an animal. Especially selling your souls because someone told you so. Thats one easy way to get a free body though in the wheel of life. Called a freebe. Dont even have to pay for it. Cool. Keep selling yourselves out.

When the children are threatened, and the snake strikes, the ray of light will reveal all by the hand of the pharo.

Date Posted: 01 February 2007 at 4:08pm

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:44am

The point is that David has found his true God, the Lord Almighty. Satan does not lead one to God, he leads people away from God. Also, I am sure that David had the most beautiful dreams and visions and he has not seen any seven headed or five headed dragons.

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:52am

David,

Tabaarakallaho alaik, (God bless you) Ameen.

Greetings and welcome to Islam. I have always had the feeling that one day you would be a Muslim. Maa'shaAllah.

Please go to a masjid, dear David and it would be a beautiful day for you and you will cherish the sweet memories forever.

And, please do not be alarmed if you find Muslims there bursting into tears for those will be the tears of Joy, which I cannot explain and I have those right now in my eyes as I write this to you.

Best Regards & Salaam Alaikum

BMZ

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:57am

"When the children are threatened, and the snake strikes, the ray of light will reveal all by the hand of the pharo. Crockadile rock Steve Irwin. Who won? In good hands."

You are wild, Morgan Wild.

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:59am

slm

believe me, it will be the most wonderful day of your life.

two years down the line, and i can still remember exactly what i did on that day, even what i wore that day.  

Inshallah eveything work out for you david.

-------------
Y Simjee

Posted By: rookaiya
Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 3:03am

mabrouk david

i make dua that Allah SWT keeps u rightly guided and increases your level of imaan.

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 3:16am
Satan means : satURn A'ngel.
Meaning to keep the world turning.
Which means to clear the slate of time, and all spirits.
Jesus stopped time to live eternally. t. x, is to keep it turning (nazi) who hated the bible.
David is a bloodline. The lord almighty is one of david's children.
Satan the name does not exist. Merely fear factor.

You are so sure of what other people dream. How are you so knolegable.

The word Dragon in Christianity means "Dagon" which means half man half fish, as in the first christian church. To the "R", no heart. Seven headed dragon means the Jews. The Dragon stands for opium. The jews ran the opium trade from day 1.
It is meant as a test to see if the messiah can die.
"Will put the dragon under his feet".
The lord All Migh Ty means he can tie all to the devil.
No profit had visions without the use of drugs.
The real dreams are in the land of creation, dreamtime.

Turning a blind eye and ignoring anything is not what a leader does.
David was a warrior who killed men in war. That is why he wasn't allowed to rule religiously. Therefore only his off-spring could try.

Never belief a vision. That is why god gave us eyes, not a minds eye.
That is for god in the ring of fire, to reveal all.
Considering David reigned before the lord almighty, and it was the Pharo who first recognised christ and claimed him to be god after he interpreted the Pharo's dreams, which only Christ could do. The seven cows was what the Pharo dreamt, interpreted by Jesus.
Number 7 (Month of Ju'Ly) to see if the Jews are Lyers. The second coming after the star of david (5) After evil (6, one for good measure) before neverending eternity (8). An awkward number 7. It doesnt fit.
Dont take it lit-er-ally. Number before the chinese number 8 and 9 for Japan. God reaches the 10. The only number that isnt liked is 4, As in animal. I went to a christian church. Sit, stand,sit,stand, give us money. Dogs. Drove me mad. I went to a mosk and liked what I saw.
Mohammid did a great job of leading his people. You are all blessed. Maybe that is why you boys carry yourself so well. He prepared you all well. You stand for something that is a benefit to our societies. The apitimy of the family strucure. Very proud my friends. A great man was he. Rubs off still. The purpose of god in all his glory. That is what god is to me. Empowerment and rightousness. The right hand fits the heart perfectly. The left is the cover. Pharo. Rest in peace my friend.

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:08am

Thanks for coming, have a plessant stay and you are a delight, MorganWild. Amen

You remind me of a good old friend, who has a similar style but he used to write Farrow.

Best Regards

BMZ

Date Posted: 02 February 2007 at 7:14am
Kind words from a kind man. Blushing now. Look what you have done. Smile.

Posted By: pauline35
Date Posted: 05 February 2007 at 6:11am
Again, Joseph, your knowledge spelt NO LEG? It's KNOWLEDGEABLE. Please spell correctly, don't learn from Arnold Schwarnegger. Is your cough better now cos your message is getting clearer. I don't know why some could not see you are harmless.   

Posted By: nu001
Date Posted: 05 March 2007 at 1:36pm

oregonbagpiper,

Congratulations. Alhamdulillah (All Praises For Allah)

Josh,

Just Curious ! Where Quran has been wrong? If you please quote..

Peace

-------------
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"

Posted By: pauline35
Date Posted: 06 March 2007 at 6:07pm
Dear nu001, don't waste your time coz Josh has been banned.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net