Print Page | Close Window

what does islam mean?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=702
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 11:42pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: what does islam mean?
Posted By: jalillah
Subject: what does islam mean?
Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:10am
Islam meaning... is a way of life is a code of conduct one has tto form in one's life if its not yet attained and this code of law is most preferred by the maker which is allah....it is one's parents who makes a child a jew,christian,or a muslim and practice either to be a polytheist or practice monotheism's

-------------
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..

Replies:
Posted By: Rehmat
Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:41am

Not so simple!

�Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: 'My Lord! Bestow on them Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.' Your Lord knows best what is in your hearts: if you do deeds of righteousness, verily He is Most Forgiving to those who turn to Him again and again (in true penitence). And, render to the kindred their due rights, as (also) to those in want, and to the wayfarer: but squander not (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift. Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the Evil Ones; and the Evil One is to his Lord (Himself) ungrateful. And even if you have to turn away from them in pursuit of the Mercy from thy Lord which you do expect, yet speak to them a word of easy kindness. Make not your hand tied to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach, so that you become blameworthy and destitute. Verily your Lord does provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleases, and He provides in a just measure: for He does know and regard all His servants. Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily, the killing of them is a great sin. Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils). Nor take life - which Allah has made sacred - except for just cause. And if anyone is slain wrongfully, We have given his heir authority (to demand Qisas or to forgive): but let him not exceed bounds in the matter of taking life; for he is helped (by the law). Come not nigh to the orphan�s property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength; and fulfill (every) engagement, for (every) engagement, will be inquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Give full measure when you measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight; that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination. And, pursue not that of which you have no knowledge; for every act of hearing, or of seeing, or of (feeling in) the heart will be inquired into (on the Day of Reckoning). Nor walk on the earth with insolence: for you cannot rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height. Of all such things the evil is hateful in the sight of your Lord. These are among the (precepts of) wisdom, which thy Lord has revealed to you. Take not, with Allah, another object of worship, lest you should be thrown into Hell, blameworthy and rejected.� (Al-Isra�: 23-39)

-------------
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:56am

assalamulaikum REHMAT

lol I've mearly summed up all the statement which took you a page long to write.. but thanks for being more precise and word for word I needed someone else opinion aswell as mine anyway.. thats what we're here for wright!!!

-------------

Posted By: Rehmat
Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 9:37am
Originally posted by jalillah jalillah wrote:

lol I've mearly summed up all the statement which took you a page long to write..

But Holy Qur'an or Talmud for that matter is not 'as short as your statement'. Can I say  now - O' the learned one!

-------------
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

But Holy Qur'an or Talmud for that matter is not 'as short as your statement'. Can I say  now - O' the learned one!

WoW you can actually respond! lol ,at least I can make you smile thats a good thing..and Iam not saying that any verse is that short but its a summup of all the diferrent issue into one text as my fingers are getting quite stiffed doing to much typing I dont know about yours...??? and a' learned one'!! I dont know about that only allah knows best and that was not for you to usumptuate mr smarty' pans..lol

-------------

Posted By: sibeld61991
Date Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:21pm
If you want the EXACT word for islam it means peace. it is a way of life as the quran says: i have only created men and jinns so that they worship me". so, we are here in this life in this religion to please God and worship Him.

-------------
assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters ask me any questions about islam or your problems and i will do the best possible to answer them inshaallah

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net