Forum Description: Understanding Quranic ayat and Sunnah
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5779
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 11:35am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Discussion - Ayah&Hadith
Posted By: amah
Subject: Discussion - Ayah&Hadith
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 11:57am

Assalaamu'alaikum Warehmatullhi Wabarakatuh!

Kindly do not post comments in the "Ayah  of the week" and "Hadith of the week" threads.

Read this!!

forum_posts.asp?TID=5764&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5764& ; ; ;PN=1

You can discuss it in this thread...
Jazakallahkhair!
Wassalaam.

Ps- I am posting the deleted posts from "ayah of the week" here, but we will not be able to do that everytime. Your comments will be deleted in those threads, please co-operate. Thank You.

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)

Replies:
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 11:59am
Suleyman wrote:  Posted: 07 July 2006 at 5:39pm

Jazak Allah Khair Sister Fatima,Seyid Qutb's tafseer is the one being referred too much by muslim students and the one i would like to buy but did not find time to do,i have just finished Maulana Maududi's tafseer and his syrah and some other books are waiting their orders,Jazak Allah Khair for your input under that thread,but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers...buth truth is truth whether they like or not...wa salaam...

-------------
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:00pm
Sister Suleyman, thats yellow card for u

Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:01pm
Fatima wrote   :   Posted: 08 July 2006 at 6:52pm |    edit_post.asp?M=Q&PID=56193&TPN=1 -

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

I am sorry but your comments along with mine will inshaAllah be moved to a new thread where the tafsir or ahadith could be discussed.

but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers

Alhamdulillah i think i have been blessed in this regard because i started my tafsir with ibn kathir. His tafsir is mashaAllah so sweet, give you so much zeal and Love and makes you cry. He gives you opinions of sahabah (ra) and salaf, then leaves you to choose which one touches your heart. With Maulana Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, i think its more informative. SubhanAllah they explain things in such detailed manner that it becomes easy. I am not sure whether you heard 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by hamza yusuf and anwar al awlaki or not. But its like that, hamza yusuf gives you passion and love while anwar al awlaki's set is more informative and thought provoking.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:02pm
Suleyman wrote:  Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:11pm |    edit_post.asp?M=Q&PID=56199&TPN=1 -

fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

I am sorry but your comments along with mine will inshaAllah be moved to a new thread where the tafsir or ahadith could be discussed.

but please take care that Maulana Maududi and Seyid Qutb are both the enemies of the hypocrites on Islam,you may take their angers

Alhamdulillah i think i have been blessed in this regard because i started my tafsir with ibn kathir. His tafsir is mashaAllah so sweet, give you so much zeal and Love and makes you cry. He gives you opinions of sahabah (ra) and salaf, then leaves you to choose which one touches your heart. With Maulana Mawdudi and Sayyid Qutb, i think its more informative. SubhanAllah they explain things in such detailed manner that it becomes easy. I am not sure whether you heard 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by hamza yusuf and anwar al awlaki or not. But its like that, hamza yusuf gives you passion and love while anwar al awlaki's set is more informative and thought provoking.

wassalam

Wa Alaykum Selam Sister no matter where the thread goes just keep on posting a great improvement in the board,i love Hamza Yusuf and his valley called Zaytuna Valley,www.zaytuna.org,please look at the pics wonderful happiness they are!!!!, i have just bought a book of him called "purification of heart",but sister please consider that if you read the Maulana Maududi's tafseer it also includes Ibn Kathir's views on ayats,but for regarding Ibn Kathir it should be in our libraries too but if you haven't got enough economy,Maulana Maududi's tafseer is enough for a intermediate reader as a first step,as we ares...

For looking on the syrahs,the one i loved to read is Muhammad Gazzali's Fiqhus Syrah then Munir Muhammed Gadban's Nabawi Movement Method then Maulana Maududi's the life of the last prophet,one we have on the list did read yet bcs it is 10 volume and so high and detailed syrah that i am unable to start right now,Insh'Allah i will...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:04pm
Fatima wrote:  Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:46pm |    edit_post.asp?M=Q&PID=56203&TPN=1 -

Assalamu alaikum

I have heard hamza yusuf's purification of heart and subhanAllah its excellent.

Sirahs i have read 'the sealed nectar' and mashaAllah was really good but i am reading 'the life of Prophet Muhammad (saw)' by ibn kathir, its got 4 volume, quite detailed how i like it. which sirah is the one wiht 10 volumes and which language is it in?

wassalam

ps. I hope sister amah moves the thread cos i cant do it due to hyperlink system not working. So i am going against what i said in announcement for these threads that no comments please.

Edited by fatima on 08 July 2006 at 8:48pm

-------------

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 1:48pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I just wanted to say what a great addition to the forum the ayat and ahadith threads are!  There never fails to be inpsiration and comfort in reading the words of Allah and hearing about the example of our Prophet!  Great idea!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 3:42pm
This has always been a "muslims only " forum for posting. 

Will that change, or are non-muslims requested to discuss elsewhere?

BTW, this is the best new IC development since Yusuf started posting one of the 99 names of God every day many years ago.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:08pm

Dear DavidC,

Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam in "Islam for non-Muslims section" or take part in dialogue in Interfaith Section.

Thanks for your input.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 09 July 2006 at 6:53am

Assalamu alaikum

JazakAllah khair amah

Just thought let every one know that after a while we will be deleting posts in the ayaat and ahadith of the week as we don't want the thread to go too long. I myself am going to save tafsir each week on a disk, thought someone else might wan2 do the same. It will be unique collection inshaAllah.

The Ahadith topic is going to change each week inshaAllah, so if members want ahadith in any particular topic. Please do tell us. 

Lastly brother suleyman, I think the book of sirah you are talking about might be ibn kathir's cos each volume in english is very big thick book and i think i read that in arabic they were more than 4volumes. 

Wassalam 

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 11 July 2006 at 4:38am

Assalamu alaikum

In the ahadith section, we are adding ahadith to the first post, so thier wont be an indication of a new post but a new hadith might be added. So keep checking, BTW i have posted a new hadith today

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Date Posted: 20 July 2006 at 3:17am

Assalamu alaikum

Realising the fact that first two posts of tafsir were quite long, we are seperating works of scholars in three posts and next time we will post fewer ayaat inshaAllah so it will be easy to concentrate.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

Realising the fact that first two posts of tafsir were quite long, we are seperating works of scholars in three posts and next time we will post fewer ayaat inshaAllah so it will be easy to concentrate.

wassalam

Alhamdulillah!  Shorter posts are easier to absorb - thanks!

Peace, (and keep up the good work), ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: lovetabuleh
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

This has always been a "muslims only " forum for posting. 

Will that change, or are non-muslims requested to discuss elsewhere?

BTW, this is the best new IC development since Yusuf started posting one of the 99 names of God every day many years ago.

I believe an alternative is available:

if you read a hadith/aya that is of interest to you within this forum, you could copy and paste it onto a new post under the 'interfaith' forum 'general discussion' forum or the 'non-muslim' forum and ask about that hadith/aya.  you could start a discussion about it.  If the moderators already set the rules down about non-muslims' input then you could probably take the same hadith/aya you that have a question about and discuss it in another relavent forum.

:)

Date Posted: 11 August 2006 at 5:35am
Assalaamualaikum,

Surah An-Naba is one surah that gives me shivers (there are many more verses in other surahs that are even more overwhelming). How do you all feel when you read the verses where Hell and punishment are mentioned?

Wassalaam.

-------------

Posted By: najamsahar
Date Posted: 16 August 2006 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaikum

wassalam

How about we start with the smaller surahs first? We say them in prayer more often.

Unless ofcourse this has already been done and I am in the middle os the semester:)

-Najamsahar

Date Posted: 17 August 2006 at 4:58am

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Assalaamualaikum,

Surah An-Naba is one surah that gives me shivers (there are many more verses in other surahs that are even more overwhelming). How do you all feel when you read the verses where Hell and punishment are mentioned?

Wassalaam.

Assalamu alaikum,

Terrified.........and extremely sorry for all those who reject Allah's message.

But, the verses describing the bliss of the jannah give such hope and comfort.

Such a clear message, such clear descriptions of reward and punishment - so many who fail to open their eyes....

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2006 at 9:02am

Assalamu alaikum

Najamsahar wrote: How about we start with the smaller surahs first? We say them in prayer more often.

Actually it was said before too but i thought as we already have started so we should carry on like this. But if more people want this then inshaAllah after Surah Nazi'at i can start from surah Naas.

I think it might be better because we would understand the surah better when we would recite it during prayer. What do other members think?

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 08 September 2006 at 4:41am

Assalamu alaikum

Tafsir is bit long this week, sorry. It was an ongoing theme and did not know how to cut it in the middle. Please take three different sittings to read if its too long.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 15 September 2006 at 5:08am

Assalamu alaikum

I am keeping the topic of tahajjud in ahadith of week for this week too because every hadith is so beautifull mashaAllah (no way i am saying that they are not in other topics but these ones just sooper dooper )

Wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 13 October 2006 at 5:42am

Assalamu alaikum

I am leaving ayaat of the week as they were bit long again  so inshaAllah have more next week.

wassalam

-------------

Date Posted: 13 October 2006 at 5:50am

Assalamu alaikum,

Sister, you deserve a break from all this posting!  May Allah reward you greatly for these most informative posts.  I (and I am sure many others) look forward to picking up again next week, insha'allah!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2006 at 4:25am

Assalamu alaikum

For people who read one of the tafasir, do read tafsir of ayaah 23 in tafheem-ul-Quran. MashaAllah it is very detailed and an eye opener.

wassalam

-------------

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 02 December 2006 at 10:33pm

As'salamualaikum,

Ayaah 23 of  which chapter?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 04 December 2006 at 5:51am

wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

Ayah 23 of Surah 'Abasa, here is the link, http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6020&PN=2&TPN=2 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6020& ; ;PN=2&TPN=2

Wassalam

-------------

Posted By: ahmed.zafar
Date Posted: 06 August 2010 at 4:38am
The Ayah and Hadith are the properties of Muslims from ALLAH which cover all the aspects of human life and give solutions for all problems. We should follow Ayah and Hadith to spend our lives under the light of Quran as ALLAH wanted us to be.

Posted By: usma
Date Posted: 01 November 2010 at 12:27pm
pls does anyone knows any surah that does not support celebrating prophets birth day

Posted By: markgibson123
Date Posted: 07 November 2010 at 1:25am
I truely agree with you guys..

Posted By: shah115
Date Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:25pm
salam

Can i ask if someone can verify a hadis in here??

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:06pm
Sala,

I don't know is there any hadith scholars or not here, however might sombody know a little bit here and there, that can give some of his/her knowledge.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: shah115
Date Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:16pm
I read a hadis more than 20 yrs ago re Prophet pbuh repent 70 times daily.A sahabah ask him why he does so. the prophet replied that he is a hell dweller if not for Allah forgiveness.

Can anyone can recall this hadis?

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 05 February 2011 at 1:47am

Imam Ahmad (6664) narrated, in a report that was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, that �Abd-Allah ibn �Amr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: �Every action starts with enthusiasm, then the enthusiasm wanes; anyone whose enthusiasm wanes but (remains within the limits of) my Sunnah will prosper, but anyone whose enthusiasm wanes and drifts away to something else, will be doomed.�

What this means is that there may be times when a person is very energetic and enthusiastic about worship and acts of obedience, then these energetic times are followed by a decrease in enthusiasm, laziness and a drop from the level previously reached. This is something natural and there is the hope that the individual will still prosper, but that is only if, during the times of decreased enthusiasm and weakness, he does not neglect the obligatory duties, because if he abandons them or takes them lightly, he will be doomed.

Doom is not caused by merely falling into sin, for we are all sinners; rather a person is doomed when sins appear in his general behaviour and that becomes his situation most of the time and he does not care or feel regret or repent; rather he persists in that sin and feels at ease with it.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: IssaEl999
Date Posted: 31 March 2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Assalaamualaikum,

Wassalaam.

El's Holy Qur'aan Chapter 78 ( Al - Nabaa'a = The News ) , And I Quote , What Are The Enosites Asking Each Other About ? Is It About The Supreme
, Nabaa , In Which They Differed In ? Did Allah /  Heavenly Host  Make The Planet Earth As A Landscape To Live On ? And The Mountains As The Mountains As Landmarks ? Didn't Allah Create The Enosites In Pairs ? And Made The Enosites Sleep A Time For Resting Verse 1 - 10 ,

Allah / Heavenly Host Made The Daytime For The Making Of Livelihood - And They Builr Seven Strong Firmaments - And They Made A Bright Light - They Also Sent Down Water . Allah / Heavenly Host Also Brought Forth Grain - And Jannat Of Thick Foliage - Day Of Judgement Is Appointed - The Trumpet Will Be Blown By Raphael - The Heavenly Skies Will Be Opened - And The Mountains Were Made To Move As They Are A Mirage Verses 11 - 20 .

Jahannam Will Be Waiting For The Humans - It Is The Final Place For Those Who Go To The Extreme / Wrong - They Will Be Staying In It For Long Periods Of Time - They Will Have Nothing To Drink . Except For Boiling Water And Plu - Enosites Didn't Anticpate The Day Of Reckoning - Enosites Denied The ( Qur'aan ) Allah / Heavenly Host Recorded Everything Enosites Do In A Book - Allah / Heavenly Host Will Increase Their Pain Verses 21 - 40

-------------
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .

Posted By: asheque
Date Posted: 30 March 2012 at 9:11pm
Did we see the ayah 30 of bakarah?Do we know us well?
Who we are?

Posted By: ahmedfarhan
Date Posted: 26 February 2016 at 3:05am
The Ayah and Hadith are the belongings of muslims from ALLAH which protection all the features of human life and give explanations for all problems. We should follow Ayah and Hadith to apply our lives below the light of Quran as ALLAH desired us to be.

Posted By: ASALDIN
Date Posted: 26 February 2017 at 7:36pm
yes, agree, we as pure muslims should submitted ourself fully to Allah and Rasulullah (peace be upon him) without reserve. All of syari'ah or Islamic law and tenet is only for ourselves, and benefitting ourselves.

Posted By: Shadab Ali
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 2:01am
Jazak Allah..

Posted By: nazri
Date Posted: 30 September 2018 at 1:54am
Salams. I need someone's help. I came across the following approximate translation of a hadith,

"Sometimes I am in a state that neither prophets nor messengers can reach there, nor angels or near ones"

Can someone, please guide me to the actual hadith and a more accurate translation, please.?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net