URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5375
Printed Date: 28 April 2024 at 11:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Email notification and warnings
Posted By: herjihad
Subject: Email notification and warnings
Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:50am

Bismillah,

Does anyone else care that email notification is not working and has not been for weeks? 

Sister Amah,

I just saw your warning today.  I call for your impeachment, chicita!  Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, and you are only a moderator, not an exclusive vicergerent of Allah, SWT. 

What gall!  Nobody even saw the post I made defending Angela and calling you to task because you deleted it so quickly.  Are you following me around the board censoring my posts because you disagree theologically with me or because you're angry that I won't cowtow to your heavy handed, inappropriate moderating?

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Replies:
Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:56am
In Geroge W Bush's word:

BRING IT ON!

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 8:58am
I am not 100% clear on what your talking about but I would rather not receive e-mail notifications of anything.

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 17 June 2006 at 9:06am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

In George W Bush's word: 

[EDITED]

Please take care the board guidelines,agitating the threads is not fair in Islamicity...thanks in advance for your help.

Team of Moderators of hearts

Date Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:06am

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

I am not 100% clear on what your talking about but I would rather not receive e-mail notifications of anything.

Salaamu Alaykum Brother Knowledge,

There is a check box on the bottom of the post dialog box which you check if you want to receive email notification to keep track of the threads to which you are contributing to.  That way, you can stay involved and not miss or forget a thread that you were communicating with others in.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 25 June 2006 at 8:24am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Salaamu Alaykum Brother Knowledge,

There is a check box on the bottom of the post dialog box which you check if you want to receive email notification to keep track of the threads to which you are contributing to.  That way, you can stay involved and not miss or forget a thread that you were communicating with others in.

JazakAllah for pointing this out to me.  I do not use this feature because I am usually able to visit the forum every day or two.  It is a good feature though.

Date Posted: 03 July 2006 at 6:14am

Bismillah,

K-1, wa yak.

Admin -- this feature would be useful if it were to work more consistently.  It had stopped for weeks then started then stopped.  It started working last night -- July 2.  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2006 at 6:13am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

K-1, wa yak.

Admin -- this feature would be useful if it were to work more consistently.  It had stopped for weeks then started then stopped.  It started working last night -- July 2.  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

Peace

Bismillah,

Let me quote myself and ask that you respond, moderators:  Is there something you could do to make it more reliable?

It hasn't worked for weeks.  How time consuming is it for you to fix this feature?

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net