Print Page | Close Window

A very funny incident with Prophet Moses

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5276
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 5:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A very funny incident with Prophet Moses
Posted By: zulqarnain
Subject: A very funny incident with Prophet Moses
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 5:16am
I read a very funny incident in the Hadith of Sahih Bukhari.
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 619:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Angel of Death was sent to Moses when he came to Moses, Moses slapped him on the eye. The angel returned to his Lord and said, "You have sent me to a Slave who does not want to die." Allah said, "Return to him and tell him to put his hand on the back of an ox and for every hair that will come under it, he will be granted one year of life." Moses said, "O Lord! What will happen after that?" Allah replied, "Then death." Moses said, "Let it come now." Moses then requested Allah to let him die close to the Sacred Land so much so that he would be at a distance of a stone's throw from it." Abu Huraira added, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If I were there, I would show you his grave below the red sand hill on the

-------------
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)

Replies:
Posted By: salman_s
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:55am

yes, i have read this incident in a book called Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir.

i found that a little funny

what i found more funny is the incident in which an Egyptian man was quarelling with another man, so Prophet Moses (pbuh) used his fist and smacked the Egyptian man on his face and the Egyptian man died on the spot. masha Allah Prophet Moses (pbuh) was very strong . later Prophet Moses (pbuh) repented to Allah for this act and Allah forgave Prophet Moses (pbuh) for his repentance.

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:46am

Ok!, If you guys enjoy that, here is something from direct from Qur'aan: V37-38

"We told Noah that there will be no more believers from his people except those who did and don't worry about what they do. Build the boat in front of Us as told and don't talk about those cruel people who would surely drown.

And Noah started building the boat and everytime the chiefs of his people passed by, they laughed at him. Noah told them,'You laugh at us but in fact we are laughing at you, the same way.' "

Note: They saw Noah building a boat on dry lands where there was no sign of any water, river or lake. The people naturally laughed and mocked at him making fun of him. Noah knew what was coming up and in his heart he was laughing at them as they did not believe and made fun of him.

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:19am
Well, I shouldn't be misunderstood, but I respect all the Prophets equally. I found the characteristic of this act funny, Moses slapping the Angel of Death in the eye. I mean Prophet Moses had a very curious personality too.

-------------
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)

Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:23am
brother bmz
your example was serious about the ark. This was just one of the minor funny acts of Prophet Moses on his part, apart from pulling the Pharoah's beard when he was a child.

-------------

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:52am
I thought there were several funny scenes in Bukhari, showing the Prophet Muhummad as a very witty individual.  I wish I had made a not of them - I have tried to search several times and can't find them anymore.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Date Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:34am
DavidC, I don't think there is anything
rong with the personalities of the Prophets, after all they were human beings- they weren't solemn-faced teachers! I think, a person without any interesting carachter is a really dull person.

-------------

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:16am

Hi Zulqarnain,

Yes, I understand that.  How did the exams go? I hope you pass with flying colours. Best wishes.

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:39am
Originally posted by zulqarnain zulqarnain wrote:

DavidC, I don't think there is anything
rong with the personalities of the Prophets, after all they were human beings- they weren't solemn-faced teachers! I think, a person without any interesting charachter is a really dull person.

I couldn't agree more.  In one of the hadith I remember the Prophet stopped someone preaching about Allah in the marketplace.  He told him to go home and give the people a break. 

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 7:21am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

i think Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) had really nice sense of humour, it is narrated that once an old lady asked him (saw) whether she is going to heaven or not, he (saw) told her that no old people don't go to heaven.  later on when she got upset Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) did clarify it to her that Allah swt blesses people of jannah with eternal youth. subhanAllah

there is another incident which i quite like, there were a group of sahabh (ra) sitting with Sayyidina Muhammad (saw), they were all eating dates, Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) started throwing his date stones infront of Ali (ra), seeing him all the companions did the same and after a while there was a big pile infront of ali (ra), Sayyidina Muhammad (saw) said to every one, look how hungry is ali today he has eaten so many dates, on which ali (ra) said am i the hungry one or you lot who ate their dates including the date stone,

wassalam

p.s. i think moderators should move it to the prophets section, it will fit there better.

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 15 June 2006 at 8:22am

My favorite hadith is when Fatima asked her father for a slave from the captives...

Volume 7, Book 64, Number 274:

Narrated Ali:

Fatima went to the Prophet complaining about the bad effect of the stone hand-mill on her hand. She heard that the Prophet had received a few slave girls. But (when she came there) she did not find him, so she mentioned her problem to 'Aisha. When the Prophet came, 'Aisha informed him about that. 'Ali added, "So the Prophet came to us when we had gone to bed. We wanted to get up (on his arrival) but he said, 'Stay where you are." Then he came and sat between me and her and I felt the coldness of his feet on my abdomen. He said, "Shall I direct you to something better than what you have requested? When you go to bed say 'Subhan Allah' thirty-three times, 'Alhamdulillah' thirty three times, and Allahu Akbar' thirty four times, for that is better for you than a servant."

I love the image of the wise father, playfully sitting between his daugther and son in law and dispensing wisdom to them in their beds, all the while propping his feet on his son in law.    It shows he had a good relationship with his family. 

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 16 June 2006 at 5:44am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

may Allah swt bless you with guidance to His pleasure, ameen, your posts make me smile almost every time

wassalam

-------------
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net