Forum Description: General Discussion
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5117
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 3:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Where To Buy Miswak
Posted By: Knowledge01
Subject: Where To Buy Miswak
Date Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:21pm

I would like to buy a pack of Miswak, at least 10 sticks.  Can anybody suggest a place where I can purchase them for relatively cheap? 

The only place I've seen online was Dar-Us-Salam's website but it was $1 per stick and that seems way too expensive to me

Replies:
Posted By: salman_s
Date Posted: 03 June 2006 at 10:45pm
don't you get miswaks in mosques or somewhere in the muslim shops near any mosque? enquire in mosques where you get miswak. insha Allah you will get it.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 03 June 2006 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

I would like to buy a pack of Miswak, at least 10 sticks.� Can anybody suggest a place where I can purchase them for relatively cheap?�

The only place I've seen online was Dar-Us-Salam's website but it was $1 per stick and that seems way too expensive to me

$1 for a twig ?

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 12:11am
Colgate has a teeth paste made with the essences of Miswaq,i can suggest...

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Colgate has a teet past made with the essences of Miswaq,i can suggest...

Maybe he will use it

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 12:30am
Colgate is an Canadian firm,can you realize how the firm gives value to the other culter's feelings which you might take consider?,are you a real Canadian or inside the border of NY?...

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 8:02am

are you a real Canadian or inside the border of NY?...

???

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 8:11am

Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

don't you get miswaks in mosques or somewhere in the muslim shops near any mosque? enquire in mosques where you get miswak. insha Allah you will get it.

At the time, I am living in a fairly small community and there are no Islamic shops around.

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 8:13am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

$1 for a twig ?

Yes.

http://dar-us-salam.com/store/g09.html - http://dar-us-salam.com/store/g09.html

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 8:57am
i have seen miswaks, how they look like, why don't you get it from one of the trees, pluck any one  i really am serious... you can get it from trees... i assume

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 8:59am
Salmannnnnnn....this tree is only in Arabian Peninsula...

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:09am

Salmannnnnnn....this tree is only in Arabian Peninsula...

....no brother...trees are everywhere in the world, isn't it?

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:11am
I do not think brother,bcs i only see them coming to Turkey when noble Hadj is over via visiters...i do not think so...

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:13am

I do not think brother,bcs i only see them coming to Turkey when noble Hadj is over via visiters...i do not think so...

brother what are you talking about?

i am talking about trees

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:16am

,brother i am talking about Miswaqs,if the tree were at the whole of the world why we could see them only in the hands of Hadj visiters,Brother this is not a apple,Miswaq;i think only in Arabia it grows......what a hard issue?

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:19am

,brother i am talking about Miswaqs,if the tree were at the whole of the world why we could see them only in the hands of Hadj visiters,Brother this is not a apple,Miswaq;i think only in Arabia it grows......what a hard issue?

ok, now i understood, but i have one idea to grow it everywhere other than arab peninsula.... next time anyone goes for hajj, he can bring the seeds of that tree and sow in his respective nation, isn't it?

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:22am
Yes,also Let me say more easy thing,have one M�swaq stick then dig it on February,see what comes on March?,should be tried...

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:23am

Yes,also Let me say more easy thing,have one M�swaq stick then dig it on February,see what comes on March?,should be tried...

but why only feb?

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:26am
Brother,have you had or passed your biology lessons in your intermediate years?,all plants especially trees begin seeding on February through to March....

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:29am

Brother,have you had or passed your biology lessons in your intermediate years?,all plants especially trees begin seeding on February through to March....

brother, you must know that what the seaons follow in turkey it is not the same throughout the world, isn't it?

so the trees may be growing well in those months only in turkey, but NOT all over the world ....

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:46am
Ohh man,very good shot,ok 1-0....

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 9:58am

Miswak comes from a special tree.  You can't just go cut a branch of any tree LOL.  I believe the trees are only on the Arabian Penninsula.

Anyway, none of that helps me....

Posted By: schwester
Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:01am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

i have seen miswaks, how they look like, why don't you get it from one of the trees, pluck any one �i really am serious... you can get it from trees... i assume

:)!! i can imagine this, a man standing beside the tree and plucking and chewing it, eyes are wide open. people around who doesn't know about miswaks will think that he's from time-machine came from ancient and eating trees:)! if i see such an event i will surely take a pic of him..
you guys are really funny:)!!

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:03am
...this is normal for Salman,no one can recognizes....BrotherSalman;1-1....

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:07am

Here is an large information about Miswaq,may be considered....

http://www.islam.tc/Miswaak/ - http://www.islam.tc/Miswaak/

Date Posted: 04 June 2006 at 10:09am

Salman is right,very interesting...2-1

TYPES OF MISWAAKS

It is permissible to take for a Miswaak all types of tree twigs provided these are not harmful or poisonous. It is forbidden to use a Miswaak from a poisonous tree. Miswaaks from the following trees are not permissible:

(1) Pomegranate
(2) Bamboo
(3) Raihaan
(4) Chambelie

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) FORBADE THE USE OF Raihaan as Miswaak because it causes the sickness, Juz-zaam

The following are the types of Miswaak are recommended:

(1) Peelo tree
(2) Zaitoon or Olive tree
(3) Bitam or
(4) Any bitter tree
(5) Walnut tree

Date Posted: 05 June 2006 at 12:32pm
That is interesting info suleyman.  But I am only interested in the type of tree Rasulullah used from.

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 05 June 2006 at 12:48pm
Walnut bark is the source of the original asprin.  I wonder if Birch trees would be permissible.  As a girl, when I would go on family hikes, we would always take twigs from Birch Trees and chew on them.

Date Posted: 05 June 2006 at 1:47pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

That is interesting info suleyman.  But I am only itnersted in the type of tree Rasulullah used from.

Via DHL,free...real ones....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net