Print Page | Close Window

Jesus is not God

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4845
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 10:16am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jesus is not God
Posted By: AbRah2006
Subject: Jesus is not God
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 4:33pm

The Christians claim falsely that Jesus is God based on �I and the Father are one.�(John 10:30).  Out of context, this verse does imply Jesus� divinity.  However, when the Jews accused him of claiming divinity, based on that statement, �Jesus answered them, �Is it not written in your law, �I said, Ye are gods?� (Jesus is quoting Psalms 82:6 �I have said, �Ye are gods: and all of you are the children of the Most High.� �). He clarified for them, with a scriptural example well known to them, that he was using the metaphorical language of the prophets which should not be interpreted as ascribing divinity to himself or to other human beings.

In John 14:28, Jesus was saying: �The Father is greater than I.� By stating that the �Father� is greater than himself, Jesus distinguishes himself from God. Therefore Jesus is not God for Jesus is not God's co-equal so �I and the Father are one.�(John 10:30) doesn't mean that Jesus is God! After all there are no lesser gods!

If I say that your wife and you are one, does that mean your wife and you are the same person? Can you marry yourself? If I say that Sharon and Bush are one, does that mean they are the same zionist?

Another example: John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.....Question: Is Jesus God? But how could Jesus be with God in the beginning as this verse says, if, as the Watchtower teaches, Jesus was created by God? And how could Jesus be "a god" and yet be with God during the creation, if God was speaking truthfully in http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/dt/32.html#39 - Dt.32:39 when he said, "there are no gods with me"? ....Do you see how the Bible contradicts itself?

You cannot use the  Bible to prove that Jesus is God because the Bible is full of errors and contradictions ! How can the the Bible (The OT and NT) lead you to the truth of God? Impossible!

For example:

(1) Christ taught non-resistance
          Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
         Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
          Luke 22:36/ John 2:15

(2)Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
          Luke 12:4
         Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
          John 7:1
(3)Public prayer sanctioned
          1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
         Public prayer disapproved
          Matt 6:5,6

(4)The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
          Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
         The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
          Luke 2:22, 39
(5)Christ was crucified at the third hour
          Mark 15:25
         Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
          John 19:14,15
(6)Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
          Matt 12:40
         Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
          Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>
(7)Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
          Acts 1:9,12
         Christ ascended from Bethany
          Luke 24:50,51
(8)Christ is equal with God
           John 10:30/ Phil 2:5
          Christ is not equal with God
           John 14:28/ Matt 24:36
(9)Jesus was all-powerful
           Matt 28:18/ John 3:35
          Jesus was not all-powerful
           Mark 6:5
According to the Bible itself the Bible is corrupted into a  lie by its keepers (Jeremiah 8:8-9): "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie(From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

If you read Luke 1:2-3, you will learn that Luke (who was not one of the 12 disciples and never met Jesus) said that he himself was not an eyewitness, and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses, and not as words inspired by God.

How could the "inspired words" of God get the genealogy of Jesus incorrect (See Matthew 1:6-16 where it states 26 forefathers up to Prophet David, and Luke 3:23-31 says 41 in number). Or for that matter, give a genealogy to Jesus who had NO father? 

Would you attribute those errors to God? If the Bible contained conflicting verses would you still consider it to be Holy? Most likely you will say of course not. That is why God sends the Holy Quran as His final revelation to all mankind through His last messenger the prophet Muhammad to replace the  Bible, Torah etc!

Allah Himself has promised to guard the Qur�an: "We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption) [Al-Qur�an 15:9]. The Quran is Allah's greatest blessing for you . It is the fulfillment of His promise to Adam and his descendants: 'there shall come to you guidance from Me, and whatsoever follows My Guidance no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow' (Quran  al Baqarah 2:38).

Conclusion: The final scripture, the Qur�aan, clarifies the issue of worshipping or not worshipping Jesus, by quoting a conversation which will take place between Jesus and God on the Day of Judgement:  

'And behold! God will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden." '(Quran 5:119)

-------------
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

Replies:
Posted By: fredifreeloader
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 4:48pm
so what did you change in your post? and why did you put the same post up on another thread?

-------------
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net