Print Page | Close Window

Nasreddin Hoca, aka Mullah Nasruddin

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Humour
Forum Description: "CLEAN" humour only please !
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=452
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 4:37am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Nasreddin Hoca, aka Mullah Nasruddin
Posted By: rami
Subject: Nasreddin Hoca, aka Mullah Nasruddin
Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 6:45am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

"Insha allah people are familiar with the writings of Nasreddin Hoca, aka Mullah Nasruddin, they are often quite funny and usually carry rather important messages along the way."

A man brought a letter to the Hoca:
- Hoca, could you read this letter?
Hoca looked at the letter which was all in arabic. He was unable to read and give it back to man.
- Take this to someone else, i couldn't read. said the Hoca.
- How come? you are wearing the turban of a learned man yet you can't read a letter...
The Hoca took off his turban and placed it in front of the man
- Ok, if it is skill of a turban, put it on and read your letter yourself!

------------------------------------------

While working on the roof of his house Hoca had a dizzy spell and suddenly found himself on the ground. The neighbours came running concerned and began to shout questions;
-What happened, Hoca?
-Did you hurt yourself?
-You should have paid attention...
-How do you feel, Hoca?
Hoca groaned
-Instead of standing around pestering me, you should climb onto my roof and roll over the ledge head first, then you would have all your answers.

The pot that gave birth

Hoca borrowed a large pot from his neighbor. Days and weeks went by and he did not return the pot. One day the neighbor stopped by and asked if he could have his pot back. Hoca apologized,
"I am sorry, I forgot to return it. But I have good news for you, while in my possesion your pot gave birth to a smaller pot".
So, he sent the happy neighbor home with two pots. Few weeks later Hoca knocked at his neighbor's door and asked if he could again borrow that large pot. The neighbor,after his recent gainful experience, was more than happy to lend his pot to Hoca. When days and weeks went by without a word from Hoca about the pot, the neighbor decided that he'd better go and see about his pot. When Hoca opened the door, the neighbor asked if hecould have his pot back. Hoca with a very sad face informed the man that while in his possesion, the large pot passed away. Shocked by Hoca's audacity, the man got angry and said:
"What do you think I am, an idiot to belive that the pot died?"
"Why my good man" replied Hoca with a smile, "You had no trouble believing that your pot gave birth?".

Tiger Powder

One day Molla Nasreddin was sprinkling some powder on the ground around his house.
-Molla, what are you doing? a neighbor asked.
-I want to keep the tigers away.
-But there are no tigers within hundreds of miles.
-Effective, isn't it? Molla replied

Hoja and the Blanket

Nasreddin Hoja was awakened one night by the cries of two quarreling men in front of his house. Wrapping his blanket tightly around his shoulders, he rushed outside to separate the men who had come to blows. But when he tried to reason with them, one of them snatched the blanket off Hoja's shoulders and ran away. Nasreddin Hoja, very weary and perplexed, returned to his house.

"What was the quarrel about?" his wife asked. "About our blanket," replied Nasreddin Hoja. "The blanket is gone, the quarrel is over."

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Replies:
Posted By: IslamicGirl
Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 7:00am

Yes they are funny rami!

Thanks for sharing that humor ;)

Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 10 April 2005 at 8:27am

Assalamu alaikum,

Nasreddin Hoja's fame is quite widespread; a Chinese friend of mine said these stories are popular in his homeland too.

I know a few of them as well; when I get a chance perhaps I'll add them Insha'Allah.

-------------
Yusuf

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net