Forum Description: Current Events
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45138
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 5:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: America's et Al withdraw from Afghanistan
Posted By: Blackangel
Subject: America's et Al withdraw from Afghanistan
Date Posted: 08 July 2021 at 11:42am
America fought for 2 decades and spent at least a trillion dollars fighting the so called war on terror in Afghanistan. The coalition vanished in the middle of the night leaving in effect a so called power vacuum. Did they not study there history i.e when the then Soviets left Afghanistan the war lord's fought each other. My friend is the son of an Afghan war lord so I say that with respect. Would it not be wise to send in the Arab League to generate security and stop a potential civil war? 

Replies:
Date Posted: 08 July 2021 at 12:00pm
Fun fact that demonstrates the idiocy of war- America is alleged to have spent a trillion dollars fighting the so called war on terror in Afghanistan. The population of Afghanistan is circa 38 million souls. Divide the population with a trillion dollars and it winds up in excess of 20 million dollars per citizen! The Americans should have bought the will of the people (for say 1 million dollars per year)- they would have saved money and senseless death!!

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 09 July 2021 at 9:51am
Perhaps the fight wasn't an American political fight, but corporate enrichment decision. Maybe now it's best to allow Afghans to decide their own way forward into the future. The "Arab League" has yet to find the wherewithal to determine their own affairs. 

Date Posted: 12 July 2021 at 2:21pm
Carlyle group and such? History has an odd way of repeating itself Different page same rythm. The Arab League COULD provide security in Afghanistan stopping a power vacuum and associated violence. As was said same history different page. Afghanistan has not known peace for decades. The point-sending in Arab League peacekeepers could stop any potential conflict from occurring. I guess if you did a stastical analysis then perhaps having Arab League peacekeepers would reduce the chances of senseless death and violence

Posted By: Rasheed 1
Date Posted: 13 July 2021 at 3:08am
Taliban have control over 84% of land in Afghanistan to date.

I suggest United Nations peace keeping force to be deployed in Afghanistan.

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 13 July 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Blackangel Blackangel wrote:

History has an odd way of repeating itself Different page same rythm.   

Indeed, I've read that China may step in to provide security, but something tells me it won't be for, and on behalf, of the Afghan government.  

Date Posted: 13 July 2021 at 12:21pm
Rumsfeld promising the taleban a carpet of gold or a carpet of bombs for a pipeline running through Afghanistan? The theoretical reserves that where meant to travel through the Afghanistan pipeline did not materialize. Waste of time! How come the Chinese would engage with Afghanistan?

Date Posted: 14 July 2021 at 10:04am
Belt and Road Initiative perhaps

Date Posted: 15 July 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Belt and Road Initiative perhaps

Like NAFTA superhighways?

Date Posted: 16 July 2021 at 3:11pm
Common media reporting taleban taking over a fair chunk of Afghanistan. I guess it's physics- if there's a vacuum then something will fill it. I proposed sending in the Arab League to fill the vacuum and keep the peace. It's reported that many ladies are worried about there human rights i.e female children being stopped from going to school by the taleban. Let's hope that Afghanistan doesn't return to the 90s and such

Date Posted: 15 August 2021 at 6:13pm
Turned into chaos which was easily predictable

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net