Forum Description: Americas
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=448
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 9:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: US - Sexual abuse
Posted By: Rehmat
Subject: US - Sexual abuse
Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 3:41am

In the United States, a rape is reported about once every five minutes. (FBI Uniform Crime Report, 1997)

Rape is called "the most underreported violent crime in America." In a large national survey of American women, only 16% of the rapes (approximately one out of every six) had ever been reported to the police. (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation, National Victim Center, 1992)

In a study conducted by the Department of Justice and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, researchers interviewed 8,000 women and 8,000 men. Using a definition of rape that includes forced vaginal, oral, and anal intercourse, the survey found that 1 in 6 women had experienced an attempted rape or a completed rape.

At the time they were raped:

22% were under the age of twelve
54% were under the age of eighteen
83% were under the age of twenty-five

(Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women, Department of Justice, 1998)

In the Rape in America study, 60% of the women who reported being raped were under 18 years old:

29.3% were less than 11 years old
32.3% were between 11 and 17
22.2% were between 18 and 24
7.1% were between 25 and 29
6.1% were older than 29
3.0% age was not available

(Rape in America: A Report to the Nation, National Victim Center, 1992)

Acquaintance rape is much more prevalent than stranger rape. In a study published by the Department of Justice, 82% of the victims were raped by someone they knew (acquaintance/friend, intimate, relative) and 18% were raped by a stranger.

(From a report on Violence Against Women based on data from the National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1995)

In the Rape in America study, 80% of the girls and women who were raped were victimized by someone they knew. (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation National Victim Center, 1992)

Many surveys have been conducted to determine the prevalence and incidence of rape and sexual assault. The differences in findings across these various surveys are related to how rape and sexual assault are defined, characteristics of the sample selected for study, screening questions, interviewer training and techniques, and other methodological and procedural issues. However, in virtually every victimization survey conducted, the number of unreported rapes and sexual assaults far exceeds those that are reported to authorities.

-------------
Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

Replies:
Posted By: kim!
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 6:51pm

http://www.omdurman.org/whitslav.html - http://www.omdurman.org/whitslav.html

http://www.paralumun.com/issuessaudiarabia.htm - http://www.paralumun.com/issuessaudiarabia.htm

http://hrw.org/mideast/saudi/labor/ - http://hrw.org/mideast/saudi/labor/

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:03pm

It seem the US Department of Justice did not get Abe Foxman's blessings before publishing its report - "Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence Against Women, Department of Justice, 1998"

PITY!

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:24pm

It's also a pity that a place like Saudi Arabia, which is really meant to be the perfect Islamic state, isn't it (due to the fact that no other religion is allowed there), can't keep control of its people to the extent that so many of them appear to be rapists and murderers.

Gosh - they almost look as bad as any given democracy, eh?

Kim... 

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 7:37pm

You must have a 'baby memory'. You keep on forgetting that I told you before that the only country 'close' to an Islamic State is Iran - or perhaps some day Israel under HAMAS - did I scare you?

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 21 April 2005 at 9:01pm

Whatever. I said "meant to be". Just like the USA is "meant to be" a safe and free place, but as shown by your stats - it isn't.

By the way- are you obssessed with sex and violence? It appears that you are. Maybe we need to find you a nice, dominatrix Muslima for you to marry so you get a bit of everything.

Kim...

Date Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:58am

No country can be safe from the 'evil doers' - However they can be put on 'rope' if Islamic Shari'ah is applied.

Yes I am obsessed in exposing the 'evil doers', who happens to be mostly - according to my Jew professor Henry Makow, PhD. How about you - Do you LOVE those criminals?

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Rehmat Rehmat wrote:

No country can be safe from the 'evil doers' - However they can be put on 'rope' if Islamic Shari'ah is applied.

Yes I am obsessed in exposing the 'evil doers', who happens to be mostly - according to my Jew professor Henry Makow, PhD. How about you - Do you LOVE those criminals?

I don't even understand what you wrote. I assume you left some words out.

Oh yes - and killing people for crimes is SO effective! It stops ALL crime, doesn't it? And innocent people NEVER get killed by mistake, do they?

Kim...

Date Posted: 26 April 2005 at 3:32am

Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

...I don't even understand what you wrote. I assume you left some words out

I never promised to A grades!

Quote Oh yes - and killing people for crimes is SO effective! It stops ALL crime, doesn't it? And innocent people NEVER get killed by mistake, do they

Well if you dare to read the UN crime status in Saudi Arabia or Islamic Iran - you fall from your chair.

-------------
Know your enemy!

Date Posted: 26 April 2005 at 5:31pm

Really? Perhaps you better ask Saudi femal enewsreaders about the crime rates over there.

Oh yeah - women are _possessions_! It doesn't matter if you kick a _chair_.

Oh, and I imagine that reported crime rates are extremely low in SA - let's face it, if you're a slave in a house - how do you escape to tell anyone? How do you get to a police station if you can't drive?

Kim...

Date Posted: 26 April 2005 at 5:36pm
Not only I checked UN records on Saudi abuse of women - but Israel's sex-slavery too - before I posted US statistics.

-------------
Know your enemy!

Posted By: Mustafaa
Date Posted: 28 April 2005 at 2:56am
This is identical with the old IslamiCity webboard wars. They're boring, guys; do not indulge in them.

-------------
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 15 June 2005 at 2:59pm
Sad but we won't be able to quote any place as an Islamic state where force and coercion is used for holding people in line. Saudi Arabia could be used as an Islamic state just in party jokes.

Posted By: Final Miracle
Date Posted: 06 July 2005 at 3:10am

i really feel sorry for you guys .. it's really clear you envy us   i'm saudi girl and i'm the only one ( in this islamicity ?   lol )who can tell you about female in KSA

hmm so females here

1- we control our guys ( i know it's not good to control men but this is what saudi gal does)

2- we live like princesses  .. we have our own maids and drivers

3- crimes here are rare ...

Iran is a muslim? lol yeah right and they think Ali is the messenger..lol   .

so hmm  guys , try to REAd Quran if you are really muslims  and then you'll find why saudi arabia is the only islamic country..

and please stop talking ** about us

Amal, saudi girl , Mecca

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 7:05am

Like Princesses, huh? Your own drivers? And what happens to you if your men decide to take your drivers away?

And how well do your maids get paid? Do maids live like princesses too? Or are they not Muslims or Saudis so it doesn'tg matter how they live?

Princess? I'd rather make my own decisions and have men who could stand on their own without me. We don't need to depend on each other because we have no lives of our own - we choose to be together.

Kim... 

Date Posted: 07 July 2005 at 10:08pm

if men take our drivers, we will drive ...lol

well some of saudi girls depend on themselves and they still live like princesses .

most of our maids are muslims so they live in our big houses..

nowadays 97% of saudi girls can do anything they want and they make their own decitions

i'm sure you have not seen any saudi girls and you do not know how they live so if you are a muslim , come and see how saudi gals live ..

- Amal

Date Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:17am

Really? You wouldn't be imprisoned (or worse) for driving?

And yes, I do know some Saudi girls - they're the ones who float around our school like shadows, almost completely silent. But the oldest of them is intending on taking driving lessons...   :)

Kim... 

Date Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:58pm

how do you know they are real saudis?

do not be silly like the black woman( Oprah )who was talking about saudi women  and she knows nothing ...

- Amal

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 5:54am

I work at an English Langauge School. I know where the students come from.

Kim...

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 2:02pm

lol yeah but you do not know if they are real REAL saudis ( native) ok? you know some people came from other countries and became saudis so they are not Real and they will never be ....lol

anyway it's hard to explain that to you . And i'm bored to talk about this subject so have a nice day , kim

- Amal, a real saudi girl from makkah

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:24pm

".....a real saudi girl from makkah"

Makkah al Mukarramah!

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 22 November 2005 at 1:55am
why is anyone surprised by Americas crime rate?there are almost 300 million people here.that translates into opportunity.this is a violent place make no mistake.our prisons are crowded and not every criminal gets caught.every place on earth that has a large population has crime.period.thats what is so cool about our constitution.our second amendment gives everyone in this country the right to keep and bear arms.so victims can fight back.back in the 80's when the fighting was going on in Beirut.it was statistically safer in Beirut that Los Angeles.

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 22 November 2005 at 2:20am
what about the prison rapes of POW's ?

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 26 November 2005 at 10:17pm
raping pows is a topic i know nothing about.i cant speak for someone i don't know guarding people half a world away.if indeed that has happened than that is foul.

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Posted By: Ketchup
Date Posted: 13 February 2006 at 11:14am

It is impossible to compare crime rates... because americas population is much larger... ofcopurse it looks alot worse because of the numbers..

Posted By: Tim Evans
Date Posted: 17 February 2006 at 4:08pm

Kechup,

Are you drunk or on medication? Capitalism is abuse!

Get a grip and stop working for the state. We know you are an appologist for the big boys.

-------------
Tim in Britain

Posted By: ops154
Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Final Miracle Final Miracle wrote:

lol yeah but you do not know if they are real REAL saudis ( native) ok? you know some people came from other countries and became saudis so they are not Real and they will never be ....lol

anyway it's hard to explain that to you . And i'm bored to talk about this subject so have a nice day , kim

- Amal, a real saudi girl from makkah

So if your are not born in Saudi Arabia you are a sub standard human? Damn even America doesn't have such high standards, we welcome all whites to our country, well except the french. :)

I hope you all can see the sarcasim in my statement.

-------------
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!

Posted By: ops154
Date Posted: 21 March 2006 at 12:10am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

what about the prison rapes of POW's ?

Ok, simulated acts of sex is not rape, just wanted to point that out to you. I don't know of any convictions yet that involved rape of POWs so if you can show PROOF of this by all means do so.

-------------
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!

Posted By: kagenokunoichi
Date Posted: 02 August 2006 at 6:04pm
It's MIND RAPE!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net