Print Page | Close Window

Important Qualities in a Woman

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Men (Brothers)
Forum Description: Groups : Men (Brothers)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4300
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 11:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Important Qualities in a Woman
Posted By: Israfil
Subject: Important Qualities in a Woman
Date Posted: 07 April 2006 at 7:39pm

Salaam,

We live in a vain world.

We live in a world where money is important and not kindness.

We live in a world where culture is important and not goodness.

We live in a world where deeds are done for other than humane reasons and not for humane purposes.

In knowing this,we men should be careful of choosing our mate. Of course we have talked about this before but sometimes what we talk about we don't put them into application in our daily lives so I hope you brothers lend an ear here. In this life I personally don't think I'll find a woman who fits my qualities but here is my list

1.Intelligent

2.Sensitive

3.Open minded

4. Loving

5. Someone who sees beyond your flaws.

6. Someone who loves you for you

7. Someone who prioritizes with you

8. Communication* This is number 8 on my list because intleligence is most important because you cannot have communication without intelligence because communication is not common to everyone.

9. Someone who is diverse mentally*

I mean, a woman who is not always orthodox in the sense of the spectrum of life. A woman who can compromise some ideas with her man without compromising her ideals.

Replies:
Posted By: salman
Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 12:28am
I think a woman should also be shy.

-------------
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 2:20am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

shy? man what year is it in India? is it 1820 ?

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 6:21am

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

shy? man what year is it in India? is it 1820 ?

Don't worry salman, I'm a shy person

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 8:24am
angel, are you a woman?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 9:03am

angel, are you a woman?

yes

-------------

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 9:09am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] said every religion has its own unique predominant chrachteristic or quality and the Characteristic of my ummah is Hayah [shyness].

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 10:42am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] said every religion has its own unique predominant chrachteristic or quality and the Characteristic of my ummah is Hayah [shyness].

That's new to me.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 April 2006 at 1:16pm
That is a good point Rami brought up from Hadith. Shyness is a quality which also shows the person ability of being humble. Also being shy llows some mystery to be involved without expressing oneself entirely.

Date Posted: 09 April 2006 at 4:09am
brother Israfil, can you elaborate on this topic ' shyness '?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 April 2006 at 5:14pm

Wa alaikum Salaam Salman,

the topic is not about shyness but about the qualities that are important in a woman. Also before I answer you let me remind the brothers that I difn't mention deen as a quality here because I assume that we all know that a woman's deen and her Iman are important.

Now to answer your question Salman what do I mean by shyness? Well Rami brought up that quality and I merely commented in saying that, that too is a good quality to have. A woman who is shy is not as forthcoming about herself than a woman who is not shy. Being forthcoming is not a bad quality, but without revealing much of herself and her character it leaves a mystery which allows ambition on the man's part to exist and it gives the man more ambition ot get to know the woman better. He strives to know her. Know things about her and strives to be the things she detest.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 09 April 2006 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

That is a good point Rami brought up from Hadith. Shyness is a quality which also shows the person ability of being humble. Also being shy llows some mystery to be involved without expressing oneself entirely.

I thought taht salman was talking about point number 1.

Main Entry: shy
Pronunciation: 'shI
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): shi�er or shy�er /'shI(-&)r/; shi�est or shy�est /'shI-&st/
Etymology: Middle English schey, from Old English scEoh; akin to Old High German sciuhen to frighten off
1 : easily frightened : TIMID
2 : disposed to avoid a person or thing <publicity shy> <book-shy children>
3 : hesitant in committing oneself : CIRCUMSPECT
4 : sensitively diffident or retiring : RESERVED <a shy seclusive person>; also : expressive of such a state or nature <spoke in a shy voice>
5 : SECLUDED, HIDDEN
6 : having less than the full or specified amount or number : SHORT <just shy of six feet tall> <the stew is a little shy of seasoning>
7 : DISREPUTABLE <gambling hells and shy saloons -- Blackwood's>
- shy�ly adverb
- shy�ness noun
synonyms SHY, BASHFUL, DIFFIDENT, MODEST, COY mean not inclined to be forward. SHY implies a timid reserve and a shrinking from familiarity or contact with others <shy with strangers>. BASHFUL implies a frightened or hesitant shyness characteristic of childhood and adolescence <a bashful boy out on his first date>. DIFFIDENT stresses a distrust of one's own ability or opinion that causes hesitation in acting or speaking <felt diffident about raising an objection>. MODEST suggests absence of undue confidence or conceit <very modest about her achievements>. COY implies an assumed or affected shyness <put off by her coy manner>.   

Date Posted: 15 April 2006 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Salaam,

We live in a vain world.

We live in a world where money is important and not kindness.

We live in a world where culture is important and not goodness.

We live in a world where deeds are done for other than humane reasons and not for humane purposes.

In knowing this,we men should be careful of choosing our mate. Of course we have talked about this before but sometimes what we talk about we don't put them into application in our daily lives so I hope you brothers lend an ear here. In this life I personally don't think I'll find a woman who fits my qualities but here is my list

1.Intelligent

2.Sensitive

3.Open minded

4. Loving

5. Someone who sees beyond your flaws.

6. Someone who loves you for you

7. Someone who prioritizes with you

8. Communication* This is number 8 on my list because intleligence is most important because you cannot have communication without intelligence because communication is not common to everyone.

9. Someone who is diverse mentally*

I mean, a woman who is not always orthodox in the sense of the spectrum of life. A woman who can compromise some ideas with her man without compromising her ideals.

assalamualaikum brother israfil

you missed one very important point.

a muslim woman should be religious and pious.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 10:39am
Well Salman I left that out because I feel that it is common sense for an observant Muslim man that, hat are important qualities that he should look for in a woman.

Posted By: fistofallah
Date Posted: 16 April 2006 at 4:18pm
First and foremost, a woman needs to know her place. Allah, peace and blessings upon him, saw to it that this world will be ruled by men.

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 5:52pm
fistofallah, mayge you men need to start doing a better job, it seems to me you have really messed it up for all of us women, children and the elderly!!!

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 5:58pm
Jenni you men? Hmmm I guess I'm grouped in with these men...hmmmm

Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 6:07pm
I am saying that if you want to be in charge then do a good job, otherwise now I think women would do much better in charge of politics and world affairs. Men can be in charge of Mosques and religon, after all how are the world affairs going these days??? Pretty miserable, maybe women would do better. Less war and violence, more education and health care. Less ego and machismo, more dialouge and understanding.. Peace

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 6:36pm

Who said I wanted to be in charge? Jenni calm down on the feminist extremism the subject here is about the qualities in a woman what men should look for. maybe your comment should be directed to fistofallah and not "men."

Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 7:26pm
Its not feminism, just the truth. Nothing personal to you.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 April 2006 at 7:49pm
Well personally it is not a "men" problem either. Directing comments in the forms of generalization is a personal remark because you are generalizing men. Not all men subscribe to what you are talking about. If there are men that do so, they are individuals. Egoism is a personal issue, not a gender one.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net