Forum Description: Comments & Complaints
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=422
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 3:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Maybe goodbye!
Posted By: ummziba
Subject: Maybe goodbye!
Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:33am

Our home computer is experiencing difficulties and may break down soon.  If I seem to disappear one day, you can assume it has broken!  Husband says he doesn't think he'll buy a new one.  So...it's been nice and I'll stay as long as the old PC keeps working!  Best to everyone.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Replies:
Posted By: blond
Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Our home computer is experiencing difficulties and may break down soon.  If I seem to disappear one day, you can assume it has broken!  Husband says he doesn't think he'll buy a new one.  So...it's been nice and I'll stay as long as the old PC keeps working!  Best to everyone.

Peace, ummziba.

I am a tech.

Do you want some advise? What problems are you experiencing?

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:12am

Thanks Blond!  But I am not "computer-literite".  I think it is called a cu or cp unit?  The large box inside that contains a fan.  The fan is broken from its base and husband glued it back, so far it is sticking!  Apparently this is most expensive part to replace.  Our old computer came apart at that place which made fixing the fan easy, this one does not allow easy access at all!  But, any suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks so much.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Thanks Blond!  But I am not "computer-literite".  I think it is called a cu or cp unit?  The large box inside that contains a fan.  The fan is broken from its base and husband glued it back, so far it is sticking!  Apparently this is most expensive part to replace.  Our old computer came apart at that place which made fixing the fan easy, this one does not allow easy access at all!  But, any suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks so much.

Peace, ummziba.

A fan costs nothing and you can even by the screws just to replace that glue. Your local library will have a book and cd book showing pictures of how to change all the parts on a pc. It is called A+ certification. Its easy!

Since your pc is junk, you don't have to worry about breaking it.

By the way, what does your name mean? It is very nice to say... Ummmmmmziba!

Date Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:40am

Thanks again Blond!  I will tell my husband and we shall look into it.

My name means Ziba's mother or mother of Ziba.  Actually, Ziba is my cat.  Ziba is a Farsi name that means beautiful, umm is Arabic for mother (it is a multicultural world, after all!).  And yes, Ziba is beautiful and her name does roll off the tongue so nicely!

Thanks for your help, may Allah reward you.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: Mustafaa
Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:34am

I love the conversation in this thread.

Your brother Mustafaa

-------------
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 07 April 2005 at 4:28pm

Salam,

You can get very good brand new computer just for $250.00 (after rebate), just go to compusa, circuitcity etc, before you go there just research the pricing on this:

http://www.salescircular.com - www.salescircular.com this site shows current promotion on your local store.

Good luck.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Date Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:31am

Thanks for the advice! 

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: IslamicGirl
Date Posted: 10 April 2005 at 9:25am

ummziba,

Salams, seems like none of us want u to leave us because of a fault in ur computer.  The fan is to cool down the CPU (central processing unit) which is the 'brains' of the computer... so it does not overheat.  I suggest you just get a normal fan and stick it very close to where the cpu's fan is broken and pray it'll work a little longer.

My area is in computing, however i'm no guru.  I can suggest you can look at a few fans to replace (they are not very expensive) on the following webste: 

http://www.shopzilla.com/7S--System_Cooling_-_cat_id--491__keyword--fan - http://www.shopzilla.com/7S--System_Cooling_-_cat_id--491__k eyword--fan

I suggest you write the specifications of a few of the fans to see if they're compatible with your system (as far as space goes etc...), go to a computer hardware dealer and get them to fix it in place if you or ur hubby can't.

All the Best!

-------------
*Islamic Girl*

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:36pm

Bismillah,

Salams.  Sorry.  I'm still giggling about the cat name.  That's very sweet.

Does your library have internet?  They don't allow chat, but discussion board postings should be okay.

Fee Amanillah.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 12 April 2005 at 5:17am
I use my palm pilot phone.

Posted By: zulkharnain
Date Posted: 12 April 2005 at 11:27pm
I request and complain about anti-islamic messages not
to be published atleast for the sake of the name of
this site. COLOR=RED

-------------
May Allah bless u

Date Posted: 13 April 2005 at 6:49am

Zulkharnain,

Have you posted your message in the wrong place by mistake?  Surely you are not calling this thread un-Islamic????????

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: jalillah
Date Posted: 13 April 2005 at 8:10am

assalamulaikum sister hope to hear from u..when your comp gets fixed..

-------------
May Allah Bless those who seek the truth......Allah Stands Alone in truth..

Posted By: Daniel Dworsky
Date Posted: 18 April 2005 at 12:52pm
I say we take a collection

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 3:57pm

Bismillah,

Does anyone know how we could take up a collection as Daniel suggests for this and other important needs that have been raised here by our posters?

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 4:08pm

This is a really nice sentiment, Herjihad.  I'm sure there are some who could use the money. 

I would not wish to have any of it.  You would have to be sure the recipient(s) were wanting the charity before offering it.  For example, I cannot afford a new computer but I would never take money from others to buy one, there are too many others in the world who are in far more dire need.  I'm sure we can all find more 'local' persons in need of charity where ever we are. 

Still, a very nice thought.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: Daniel Dworsky
Date Posted: 20 April 2005 at 4:51pm

Go Sister Ummziba!!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net