Print Page | Close Window

Baby names for girls

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3891
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 12:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Baby names for girls
Posted By: 222dnallohc
Subject: Baby names for girls
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 8:24am

Asalamu Alaikum,

I was just wondering what are some of your favorite names for girls?

Replies:
Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 8:34am

Islamic names:

Zahira, Anisa, Leila, Noura (varient of Noor), Amena, Quettah and Cantara.

Western Names:

Jeanette, Elizabeth, Katherine, Samantha, Kaleigh, Ruth, Deborah, Mary, Eva (varient of Eve) and Alexandria

Posted By: soosoo88
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 3:01pm

Zainab, genine, Salsabeil, Saja, Sondus, amina, aisha, Aziza, Haneen, Lubna, Naima, Nima, Maysa, Isra-a, Dua, Yesmeen, Han-a, Samah, Samia, Adebia, Naydeen, Ahlam, Itab, Rasmeeya, Doonya, Samahir, Areage, Asol, Raj-a, Nidat, Watan, Reeyam, Bayan, Waf-a, Aliya, Kholood, Hasna, Nooha, Sara, Fathia, Dalal, Sommar, Saba, SAlonas, Suhail, Fatma, Heeba, Remah, Rasha, Mariam, Razan, Khaldeeya, Maha, Makkah, Phalasteen, Islam, Salam, Enas, Mabrookah, Ijjlal, Sadeeya, Samiya, Waseema, Reem, Ikhlas, Randa, Rana, Hissin, Nehla, Najwa, Nala, Shireen, Sabreen, Warda, Hilwa, Hala, Rabab.

-------------
"The strong one is not the one who overcomes people with his strengh, but the one who controls himself while in anger."

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 6:09pm

Nadia, Samina, Aneesa, Mariam, Sadia, Hina, Taniya,Nasreen, Risham, Tahira, I guess I like all these names because they are my family members and friends names too. They are really beautiful.

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 7:04pm

I noticed Nadia popped up in the arabic names, what does it mean in Arabic.

In Russia, Nadia is short for Nadezhda, or Hope in english.

Just curious?

Posted By: Khadija1021
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 10:44pm

Khadija...

Khadeeja...

Khadijah...

Khadeejah...

-------------
Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)

Posted By: ZEA J
Date Posted: 06 March 2006 at 11:55pm

zainab,mariam,fatimah,aisha,aminatta,hawwa,zahra,nadia,kadij a,nagmah

-------------
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Posted By: fatima
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 5:05am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Khadijah, Asia, Maryam, Fatimah, Ayeshah, Nusaybah, Noor,

wassalam

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 5:10am

Jasmine

Shalimar

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 6:12am

Bismillah,

Some of my favorite names:  Pearl, June, Jasmine, Yasmeen, Rifqa, Rafeeqa, Sadeeqa, Moneera, Faith, Imaan, Jennifer,  Hope, Rachel, Sarah, Stephanie, Marie, Mary, Mariam, Carey, and Lulu -- which means Pearl in Arabic.

And Zaynab, Ayda, Reema, Khadeejah, Nayyara, Amina, Nada, Nadia, Shahla, Amatullah, Dwanna, Shareefah, Malaka, and Angela!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 7:51am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

and Angela!

YEAHHHH!!!!!!

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 10:16am

Assalamu Alaikum:

I love Asia and Sharouq.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 11:10am

Bismillah,

Oh, Yes!  Shurooq means Dawn!  Very lovely names the both of them.  (And a sweet niece of mine is named that!)

I have two close friends named Angela, so I have to love the name!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:02pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Isabella, Bonita, Ziba, Ruqayyah, Jabeen, Angelica, Zahra, Rheanan, Aziza, Hanan, Siraja, Gabriella, Pilar, Juanita...seems to be a Spanish influence going on....

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:02pm

Sweet Sis Herjihad:

I just saw your list.... Jazak Allah Kheir.

I love the name Sharouq.  I think if I had ever had a girl I would have named her Sharouq.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Isabella, Bonita, Ziba, Ruqayyah, Jabeen, Angelica, Zahra, Rheanan, Aziza, Hanan, Siraja, Gabriella, Pilar, Juanita...seems to be a Spanish influence going on....

Peace, ummziba.

Assalamu Alaikum Ummziba:

You seem to have a lot of names ending in "a" you could have added mine to the list.... It could have a Spanish influence...

-------------

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:21pm
No one has answered my question on the name Nadia?

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:31pm

Salam,

Rizka, Salma, deenah, Firdausi, Rahma,

Here some more:
http://www.islamicity.com/Culture/Names/female.htm - http://www.islamicity.com/Culture/Names/female.htm

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:54pm

Don't cry Angela!

Found Nadia here: http://www.ummah.net/family/fem.html - http://www.ummah.net/family/fem.html

It says it means "the beginning, first".  Have a nice day.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Posted By: Farrah
Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 4:42pm

~Salaam!~

I love the names Aaliyah ("highly, lofty, sublime" in Arabic) and Ihsan  ("Charity" in Arabic).  Of course Farrah (Farah "Joy" in Arabic!) is nice too!  

I also love Isolde, Isys, Daysia, Arianna & Zoey!

Below is a site with Arabic names and meanings.  Good Luck!!

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/ara2.php - http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/ara2.php

Date Posted: 07 March 2006 at 8:05pm

Thanks for letting me know.  I love names that are cross cultural and with the adoption process, I'm looking for a good name to go with our last name.

Daley.....perhaps I should find a good Irish name like Katherine...Katie Daley....or Patrick Daley....hmmm

Date Posted: 08 March 2006 at 4:51am

Assalamu alaikum

baby names for girls? why not baby boys2, mumies can name their baby boys unless their is some sort of arrangement iv got to have power over this n that is part is under ur authority

wassalam

Date Posted: 08 March 2006 at 4:57am

Assalamu alaikum,

Many Arabs I know have named their first born son after their husbands father, a common cultural practice.  I also know some Indians whose daughters were named by the husbands sisters, again a cultural tradition.

Any other naming traditions out there?

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 March 2006 at 8:06am

In Russia your middle name is a derivative of your father's name.

Gregory, become Gregorovich for a boy and Gregorevna for a girl.

Ivanovich or Ivanova, for Ivan.  Etc

They also have diminutives.  Alexander and Alexandra becomes Sasha.  Ludmilla becomes Ludya.  ect.

And they almost never use their last names unless its a first time meeting or a formal business meeting.  They go by their diminutive with friends and family and aquaintences use their first name and patronimic....example   Ekaterina Igorevna Petropavloskaia would be Katya to friends.  Ekaterina Igorevna to her teachers and coworkers.

I love names.  Of course in Japan, your family name is first and your given name is second.

Date Posted: 08 March 2006 at 2:39pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Interesting naming information Angela, thanks!!

And Fatima, for you, some of my favorite boys names: Majid, Siraj, Jibril, Jalal, Nabil, Yusef, Naeem, Zubayr, Zaid, and Dominic.  (...one of these names is not like the others...)

Peace, ummziba.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 March 2006 at 4:30am

Daisy

Matilda

Kelilah

Milliana

Olivia

-------------

Date Posted: 09 March 2006 at 4:49am

Assalamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair sis ummziba for understanding hidden meaning  n starting names for baby boys, sometimes i go a bit shy, hopefuly sis 222dnallohc dont mind

well my favourite names are Muhammad Abdullah, Muhammad Ahmed, Muhammad Almujahid, Yahya, Zakariya, and basically any nice name and put Muhammad infront

i was listening to 'The life of Muhammad' by Imam Anwar al-awlaki and he mentioned that he met some1 called Muhammad the tenth and he asked him reason behind it and the person goes that his father likes the name Muhammd so much he named all his sons Muhammad with first, second, third n so forth at end, subhanAllah

wassalam

Posted By: ZEA J
Date Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:37pm

i like muhammad,insha'Allah if i ever have a baby boy i will name him muhammad.

-------------
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)

Posted By: 222dnallohc
Date Posted: 12 March 2006 at 7:49am

Asalamu Alaikum

Thanks everyone- I love this discussion about names :)  I recently found out I am having a baby girl...thats why I only asked about baby girl names

I am so happy and thankful...

Date Posted: 14 March 2006 at 2:36am
Congratulations  

-------------

Posted By: firewall3
Date Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:42pm
Salam 222dnallohc,

yes, may Allah blesses you with a healthy, beautiful, righteous baby.

Date Posted: 17 March 2006 at 10:22am

Bismillah,

Sister 222?  May Allah, SWT bless you and give you a healthy girl.  What names are you leaning toward?

If you need any baby advice, we would be glad to help.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2006 at 11:24am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Posted By: ASHI
Date Posted: 17 March 2006 at 9:57pm

Salaam sister 222

Congratulations from me tooo.....wowww...it must be a gr88 feeling i guess....

Posted By: mariamlone
Date Posted: 18 March 2006 at 4:26am

asalamu aleikum sisters.

some nmes Iman. Ayat or Aya and Rima.from mariamlone

-------------
mariamlone

Posted By: sh78
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 10:48am

Assalamu alaikum!

Here are the names of my nieces, i love them all

Safa, Simrah,Sumaiyah, Salawah, Juwarriyah, Taiybah, Hansah, Hajerah, Alizah and Alibah. 

THe spellings are probaby not all correct and do vary.

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 14 May 2006 at 8:40pm
Dear Sister

My daughters name is Lina, which means little date palm tree in Arabic. I got it from Surah Hashr.
Rana (means Danty in Persian)
My nieces are Sukayna(peaceful), Nuhayla (stream of water in Jenna), Samar(nice midnight conversation), Zahra(flower),Ayah(verse of the Quran), and one on the way (I don't know yet). Huda( enlightened)

My sisters name is Shahnaz (kings pride)
Sister in laws is Hajar ( mother of Ismail), Maryem (mother of Jesus (AS), Hala (moonlight) and Fatima Zahra.

Good friend of mine is Naila

My middle name is Shereen ( sweet in Persian)
I can go on if you wish. I love to read about names. I hope that your daughter will be a healthy beautiful baby inshallah. Sincerly Um Yasin

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)

Date Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:55am

Suri, seems alright  means Princess in Hebrew and Red rose is Persian

-------------

Posted By: naomiwatts
Date Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:55am
 For more Islamic or Muslim baby  names visit this link . It has meanings and numerology for babies too.http://www.babynology.com/islamic_babynames.html

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net