Print Page | Close Window

Muslim & Mumin

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37711
Printed Date: 05 May 2024 at 1:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Muslim & Mumin
Posted By: rayhansharif
Subject: Muslim & Mumin
Date Posted: 12 August 2016 at 12:32am
Salam,

[49:14] The Arabs said, "We have believed." Say, "You have not believed, RATHER, YOU SHOULD SAY, `We have submitted', for belief has not yet entered into your hearts." If you obey God and His messenger, He will not put any of your works to waste. God is Forgiver, Merciful.

>>> As per the above verse, can anyone please tell me the difference between MUSLIM & MUMIN in details?

Salam

Replies:
Posted By: syed_z
Date Posted: 18 August 2016 at 8:56pm

Asalaam O Alaikum,

Jazak Allah for your question my brother. This is what I have always understood from this verse.

Muslim is the one who submits his will to the Will of Allah i.e accepts Islam and Mumin is the one who has attained to Iman i.e. Faith. In order to become a Mumin one has to become a Muslim 1st. In order to understand the difference between Muslim and Mumin we need to understand Islam and Iman.

Islam (Submission to the will of God) and Iman (Faith) complement each other. As a sheikh once said that it's a circle within a circle. The circle of Iman lies within the circle of Islam. Therefore one has to enter the circle of Islam 1st in order to enter Iman.

It also holds the position of a heart within a body. The body symbolizes as Islam but the heart inside the body is symbolized as Iman. If there was no heart the body would be lifeless and life would be meaningless.

The Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said 'There is a piece of flesh inside the body which if it is good then the whole body is good, but if it is corrupt then the whole body will suffer. That piece is the Heart.'

The emotional attachment towards anything personal in ones life is dependent upon it being closer to ones Heart. The Iman begins to enter the heart once we decide to submit our will to the Will of Allah i.e. accept Islam and begin following His Guidance.

The circle of Islam is to give Shahadah i.e. testify that LA ilaha IL Allah Muhammadur Rasool Allah (There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger). To pay Zakat (Charity), Pray 5 times salaah (prayers and worship), Fast in month of Ramadaan and perform Hajj and Umrah if one can. These are 5 pillars.

In order to taste the sweetness of Iman one has to accept the 5 pillars and follow them with sincerity. 

The following is a good example that can explain the difference between a Muslim and a Mumin.

A man came to the Prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wassallam) and chose to accept Islam on the condition that he should be allowed to pray only 2 prayers instead of compulsory daily 5, to which the Prophet allowed him. He took Shahada became a Muslim and left. Amazed the Companions inquired the reason for allowing him to shorten Salaah to which he (sallAllahu alaihi wassallam) replied that 'let him begin with 2, once he tastes the sweetness of Iman he will want to do 5'.

As in the above Verse of the Quran you shared, the background of this Verse is that some Bedouins, who had not become Muslims yet, came to the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) and  declared 'We have believed (brought faith)' to which the above Verse was revealed to correct them that they need to first humble themselves and make the intention of obeying the rules and regulations of Islam before Iman (Faith) begins to gradually enter their hearts.

The obedience is a condition for faith, as said in the above Verse   "....for belief has not yet entered into your hearts." If you obey God and His messenger, He will not put any of your works to waste......"

Rules and Regulations are given by God and His Messenger and so they needed to obey God and His Messenger first.

There is a tradition that may also shed light on this.

When asked the question 'What is Faith' the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) replied 'When your good deeds make you happy and your bad deeds make you sad, you have faith' and then he was asked 'What is Sin?' to which he replied "When anything pricks your conscience, avoid it.'

The ability to recognize good and bad implies a state of Iman. Therefore a man may accept Islam and become a Muslim but in order to become a Mumin he has to become a Muslim who wholeheartedly obeys God and His Messenger and practices Islam with sincerity.

One very important thing to mention here is that we Muslims cannot judge Iman, we can only see the effects of Islam of a Muslim and not their Iman, as Iman is something internal and hidden and the knowledge of Unseen only rests with God Al Mighty.

Date Posted: 30 August 2016 at 11:54pm
Salam,

Is, other source besides Quran, acceptable in Islam?
Salam

Posted By: asep48garut60
Date Posted: 31 August 2016 at 5:31pm
Assalaamu'alaikum,

I think what has been described by Syed Z is already complete.
To answer your second question is:
There are many Muslims but not necessarily all Mumin, their faith is nothing more than just lips service or simply written in the identity card etc.
But Mumin, it is definitely Muslim and execute the commands of Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala.

Date Posted: 01 September 2016 at 12:35am
salam,

this is not the answer of my question, which is as follows;- "Is, other source besides Quran, acceptable in Islam"?

Date Posted: 03 September 2016 at 12:08am
Wa'alaikum salaam,

OK Rayhan Sharif, I apologize for the error in the answer.

I guess that there is no other source than the Quran and shahih Hadiths.

Wassalamu'alaikum.

Date Posted: 03 September 2016 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by rayhansharif rayhansharif wrote:

Salam,

Is, other source besides Quran, acceptable in Islam?
Salam

Allah Says in the Quran:

O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and do not invalidate your deeds. (47:33)

The obedience to the messenger is mentioned several times in the Quran. Those are his sayings (Hadith) and actions (Sunnah), they have authority side by side with the Quran.

Date Posted: 05 September 2016 at 3:46am
Salam,

Excuse me. Please tell me where in the quran, it is said that shahih Hadith is the other source of Islam beside Quran?

salam

Date Posted: 05 September 2016 at 4:04am
Salam,

1. Who among the companions of the Prophet ever heard any of God's revelations directly from God? No one! Consequently, they cannot obey God except through Muhammad's delivery of the Quran. The Quran came out of Muhammad's mouth. This makes it necessary for God to command people to obey the messenger since he is the one who delivers to them God's message. Moreover, the messenger did not just deliver the Quran and vanish! The prophet spent all his years from the time he received the first revelation till his death inviting all people to believe in the Quran and to follow it. Hence it is necessary for God to command all humans to obey the messenger who is inviting them to accept the message (Quran).

2. The Quran was revealed to Muhammad in order that he would deliver it to a community which was primarily composed of idol worshippers and also some followers of the previous scripture like the Jews and the Christians (Nasara). Once again, and for the benefit of the followers of the scripture, we understand the necessity of the phrase "obey the Messenger". To make this clear, let us assume that the command in the Quran did not contain the phrase "obey the Messenger" but was only a command to "Obey God". Immediately, the Jews and the Christians (Nasara) would say: "But we already obey God! God has sent us the scripture and we obey it". Hence, the Quranic command to "obey the messenger" endorses the new message (Quran) which is delivered to all mankind by the prophet Muhammad. The Quran is the final revelation from God to all humans (33:40). The Quran was revealed to mankind so as to supersede all previous scripture:

"Then we revealed to you (O Muhammad) this scripture, truthfully, confirming previous scriptures, and superseding them." 5:48.

"And obey God and obey the messenger and be cautious; but if you turn back, then know that the sole duty of the messenger is the deliverance (of the message)" 5:92

"And obey God and obey the messenger, but if you turn back, then upon Our messenger is the sole duty of the clear delivery (of the message)" 64:12

When we look at the above Quranic words, we note that God has defined very clearly the only duty of the Messenger, that being to deliver the message (Quran).

A Messenger delivers a Message. If there was no message there would be no messenger. To Obey the Messenger would thus mean to obey the message he is delivering.

�And an announcement from ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER are free from liability to the idolaters; therefore, if you repent, it will be better for you, and if you turn back, then know that you will not weaken Allah; and announce painful punishment to those who disbelieve� (9:3)

Now, did the people hear Allah giving this announcement of immunity? The answer is �No!�. It was only from the LIPS of His Messenger, Muhammad, that they heard this announcement of immunity. Yet it is supposed to come from both Allah and His Messenger. Or do people think that one announcement came from Allah and ANOTHER came from the Messenger?

The following Ayah again establishes that Obedience to Allah and His Messenger is ONE and the SAME thing:

�O you who believe! Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger and do not turn back from HIM <anhu> while you hear� (8:20)

Here the believers are identified to be those who were listening to the Messenger who delivers the Qur�anic laws to them, as the singular pronoun �anhu� (from him) indicates. This confirms that Allah and His Messenger are not two separate sources of law to be obeyed, but that the source of Divine law to be obeyed is ONLY Allah and ONLY the people are able to hear these divine laws through the LIPS of His Messenger.

This is my understanding. If you disagree with me then please tell me with the Quranic proof.

Salam

Date Posted: 07 September 2016 at 5:12am
Wa�alaikum salaam,

Here are the answers regarding your first question: �Please tell me where in the quran, it is said that shahih Hadith is the other source of Islam beside Quran? �

Answer:

Qur'an Surah Al-Anfal (8): 20
"O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not turn away from Him while you hear the commandments"

Qur'an Surah Ali 'Imran (3): 31
"Say:" If you really love Allah, follow me (Muhammad), Allah will love you and forgive your sins ". Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. "

Explanation of the two of surah above such as follows:
Allah tells believers to obediently to Allah and to His Messenger (Prophet Muhammad).
Now how to obediently and followed the Messenger? follow the Sunnah / hadith.
Why should shahih hadith?

Qur�an surah An Najm (53): 3 & 4
�It wasn't what he said in accordance with the will of his lust, his words were nothing but revelation that revealed to him (Muhammad)�

Narrated by Imam Bukhari from Aisha r.a .:
"It�s the character of the Prophet Salallaahu 'alaihi wasallam such as the contents of the verses in the Qur'an"

Automatically, Shahih hadith is another source of Islam other than the Qur'an.

=======================================

And here is the answer regarding your second question/opinion: �This confirms that Allah and His Messenger are not two separate sources of law to be obeyed� and � This is my understanding. If you disagree with me then please tell me with the Quranic proof�

How is the Word of Allah in Qur'an surah Al Ikhlash (112) verse 4 ?
"And no one equal to him (Allah)."

It means that Allah is the holiest of all the shortcomings, while Muhammad was an ordinary person who was given the revelation by Allah, and not vice versa.
Then how Muslims can pray (shalat/shalah), fasting etc. if there is no hadith.

Hopefully this will be an afterthought.

Wassalaamu�alaikum.

Date Posted: 08 September 2016 at 4:20am
Salam,

1. <<<<<<<Qur'an Surah Al-Anfal (8): 20
"O ye who believe! Obey Allah and His Messenger, and do not turn away from Him while you hear the commandments" >>>>>>

Ans:- The singular pronoun �anhu� (from Him) indicates that Allah and His Messenger are not two separate sources of law to be obeyed, but that the source of Divine law to be obeyed is ONLY Allah and ONLY the people are able to hear these divine laws through the LIPS of His Messenger.

2. <<<<<<<<<Say: "If you do love God, then follow me." God will then love you, and forgive your sins.
     God is Forgiver, Merciful. 3:31

Allah tells believers to obediently to Allah and to His Messenger (Prophet Muhammad).
Now how to obediently and followed the Messenger? follow the Sunnah / hadith.
Why should shahih hadith? >>>>

Ans:- The only hadith to follow is the Quran which God calls the best hadith:

"These are God's revelations (Quran) that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations (Quran) do they believe?" 45:6

�Or have they not looked at the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all things which God has created? Or that perhaps their time may be drawing near? Which Hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe in?� 7:185

�God has brought down the best Hadith; a book (Quran) that is consistent in its frequent repetitions.� 39:23

�So in which hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe?� 77:50

"Or do you have some other book in which you are studying" 68:37

To state that we must follow the hadith we find in the books of Bukhari and others CLASHES with all the above verses.

The only SUNNA authorised by God is the SUNNA OF GOD Himself:

"Such was the sunna of God for those who have passed on before. You will find that there is no substitute for the sunna of God." 33:62.

---------------
If the Quran forbids us from following any hadith or sunna except those of God, then what does it mean to follow the messenger? To follow the messenger we must find out what Prophet Muhammad followed then we should follow what he followed.

However, how can we find out, with any degree of certainty, what a man who lived 1400 years ago followed? Surely, God would never give us a command without providing us with the information that enables us to obey that command in the correct manner. Indeed, the Quran tells us exactly what Prophet Muhammad followed in the following verses:

[46:9] Say (O Muhammad), "I am not any different from other messengers. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me (Quran). I am no more than a clear warner."

[10:15] When Our clear revelations are recited to them, those who do not hope to meet Us say, "Bring a Quran other than this, or replace it!" Say (O Muhammad), "It is not for me to replace it of my own accord. I only follow what is revealed to me (Quran). I fear, if I disobey my Lord, the punishment of a great day."

The words in 46:9 and 10:15 assures us of the following:
A- Muhammad did not follow anything other than the Quran.

B- Muhammad did not devise any religious rituals or regulations for his people that are not in the Quran, otherwise he would have sanctioned what is not in the Quran, which would be a violation of the command in 46:9 and 10:15.

C- Muhammad did not leave for his people a source of religion besides the Quran called his hadith and sunna. The claim that he did do so once again would imply that Muhammad disobeyed the command in 46:9 and instructed his people to do the same!

D- It follows that for us, to follow Muhammad, we must follow what Muhammad followed, which is nothing but the Quran. This matter is given with full assurance, not only in 46:9 and 10:15 but also in a number of other Quranic verses such as 45:6, 6:114, 6:115, 7:185, 5:99 and others.

---------------------
"O people, a proof has come to you from your Lord; We have brought down to you a clear light." 4:174

The believers who obey the words of God in the Quran will follow �the light� (Quran) that was brought down upon the messenger and no other source:

"Those who follow the messenger, the gentile prophet ......... Those who have believed in him, respected him, supported him, and followed the light (Quran) which was brought down with him; they are the successful ones." 7:157

To conclude, all the above Quranic words confirm that to follow the messenger is to follow the Quran and nothing else.

3.<<<<<< Then how Muslims can pray (shalat/shalah), fasting etc. if there is no hadith. >>>>

Ans:- All the details of Salat/salah, fasting, hajj are given in the Qur�n. Surely, they are not the same as follow by the most people.

Thank you brother for your opinion, which helps me to know the views of yourselves.

Salam.

Date Posted: 08 September 2016 at 9:57pm

Asalaam O Alaikum Rayhansharif,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I see that your understanding of the word �Obey the Messenger� means obedience to God Al Mighty and the Quran only. To support that you quoted the following Verses:

�And obey God and obey the messenger and be cautious; but if you turn back, then know that the sole duty of the messenger is the deliverance (of the message)" 5:92

"And obey God and obey the messenger, but if you turn back, then upon Our messenger is the sole duty of the clear delivery (of the message)" 64:12

By quoting the above Verses you mean obedience to Messenger is obedience to the word of God and since the word of God is only found in the Quran therefore that is the final meaning of this.

I would necessarily differ due to the obvious fact that the obedience according to the majority of this Ummah (Nation of Prophet Muhammad), majority of scholars and according to their understanding of the Quran is that it is obedience to his own words, i.e. Hadith and Sunnah.

The majority of the Muslims for the past 14 centuries have been understanding the above words of Allah as follows:

The verses you quoted above explicitly order us to �Obey Allah� and �Obey The Messenger�. Allah (swt) could have said �Obey Allah and His Messenger� in the above Verses. But He, Allah Al Mighty explicitly mentions �Obey the Messenger� separately and independently. Due to this the fact has been established that the order given by the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) is the same as given by Allah (Swt).

There are other Verses of the Quran as well such as the one you quoted about the farewell pilgrimage in Surah Taubah Verse 3. These Verses mention words �Obey Allah and His Messenger� which could very well mean the words of Allah (swt), which every Muslim is duty bound to follow i.e. the Holy Quran. But that does not mean that it only limits the meaning of these Quranic Words as obedience to Allah�s words only and not the words of the Messenger which are outside of the Quran. For if that was the case then there are other Verses of the Quran that support the independent authority of the Prophet (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) such as:

�And We have sent down unto You the Message (Quran) so that you may Explain clearly to mankind what was sent down to them, and so that they may give thought.� (An-Nahl, 16:44)

God revealed the Quran and the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) explained it to us. The words Explain clearly to mankind ((litu bayyaina lin�nas) means nothing but his independent words, his hadith.

�Allah did confer a great favor on the Believers when He sent among them a Messenger from among themselves, who rehearses unto them the Signs (Verses) of Allah, purifies them, instructs them in Scripture, and teaches them Wisdom, whereas previously they had been in plain error.� (Al-i-Imran, 3:164)

�the words of Allah, the Most Gracious in the above Verses �Purifies them��. �instructs them in scripture� ��teaches them wisdom� �.are all his explanation of the Quran and his living the Quran in his own life and becoming an example for those around him and the future generations to come. It his example that Allah Al Mighty orders us to follow:

There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often. (Al Ahzab, 33:21)

Not to forget that the Salaat is mentioned 67 times in the Quran yet there is no evidence of exactly how to pray. Similarly Quran mentions call to prayer (Azan) but does not mention the details.

Therefore commands come in the Quran, but the details and explanation comes from the Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam). I hope and pray that InshA�Allah this helps you to look at the greater side of the picture.

Date Posted: 12 September 2016 at 2:57am
Salam brother Syed,

Thanks for your opinion. This post will be very long. But I have to answer your questions.So brother please excuse me for sending this long post.

>>>>"Allah (swt) could have said �Obey Allah and His Messenger� in the above Verses. But He, Allah Al Mighty explicitly mentions �Obey the Messenger� separately and independently. Due to this the fact has been established that the order given by the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) is the same as given by Allah (Swt)".<<<<

Reply - Probably you could not read the verse �O you who believe! Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger and do not turn back from HIM <anhu> while you hear� (8:20)

Here the believers are identified to be those who were listening to the Messenger who delivers the Qur�anic laws to them, as the singular pronoun �ANHU� (from him) indicates. This confirms that Allah and His Messenger are not two separate sources of law to be obeyed, but that the source of Divine law to be obeyed is ONLY Allah and ONLY the people are able to hear these divine laws through the LIPS of His Messenger.

>>> There are other Verses of the Quran as well such as the one you quoted about the farewell pilgrimage in Surah Taubah Verse 3. These Verses mention words �Obey Allah and His Messenger� which could very well mean the words of Allah (swt), which every Muslim is duty bound to follow i.e. the Holy Quran. But that does not mean that it only limits the meaning of these Quranic Words as obedience to Allah�s words only and not the words of the Messenger which are outside of the Quran. For if that was the case then there are other Verses of the Quran that support the independent authority of the Prophet (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) such as:

�And We have sent down unto You the Message (Quran) so that you may Explain clearly to mankind what was sent down to them, and so that they may give thought.� (An-Nahl, 16:44)

God revealed the Quran and the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) explained it to us. The words Explain clearly to mankind ((litu bayyaina lin�nas) means nothing but his independent words, his hadith.

�Allah did confer a great favor on the Believers when He sent among them a Messenger from among themselves, who rehearses unto them the Signs (Verses) of Allah, purifies them, instructs them in Scripture, and teaches them Wisdom, whereas previously they had been in plain error.� (Al-i-Imran, 3:164)

�the words of Allah, the Most Gracious in the above Verses �Purifies them��. �instructs them in scripture� ��teaches them wisdom� �.are all his explanation of the Quran and his living the Quran in his own life and becoming an example for those around him and the future generations to come. It his example that Allah Al Mighty orders us to follow:<<<<<

Reply - Do the words in 16:44 and 3:164 authorise the Hadith as a second source of Law besides the Quran?

Verses 16:44 and 3:164 have been used to claim that since the messenger is commissioned to explain and teach the Quran, thus we need the hadith which explains the Quran.
In 16:44 we read:
�We have sent down to you the reminder (Quran) so that you make evident to the people what was sent to them�

and in 3:164 we read:
�God has bestowed favour on the believers by sending them a messenger from among them, to recite for them His revelations, and to purify them, and to teach them the scripture and wisdom. Before this, they were totally astray.�
To analyse this claim we will deal with two separate claims:
1- Do these verses authorise the hadith as an additional source besides the Quran?
2- Can the messenger really guide people to the true meaning and message of the Quran?

First: Do these verses authorise the hadith as an additional source besides the Quran?
The words in 16:44 clearly state that the messenger can only make things clear to the people by means of what is revealed to him (Quran). This is also confirmed in 6:114 which states that the only source of law is the book. In addition, the messenger is prohibited from adding his own teachings to the message he received from God. If he does he would be committing a great error that would incur a severe punishment from God (see 69:44-46).
What this means is that the messenger is authorised only in delivering the message of the Quran and nothing else. All what he preaches and which is from the Quran must be obeyed, but not any other personal teachings that do not have reference or authorisation in the Quran. To obey the messenger blindly in every word he ever uttered is the work of those who are intent on making an idol out of the messenger, and they do so by corrupting yet another Quranic verse which says �obey God and the messenger�.

In the following verse, we get a clarification from God of the correct meaning of how the Prophets were commanded to make the scripture known to the people. The word used here is the same word in 16:44 and 3:164 and it is �Yubayyin�:

�God took a covenant from those who received the scripture: "You shall �tubayyinnu�nahu� (proclaim it) to the people, and not conceal it." However, they cast it behind their backs, and traded it away for a cheap price. Miserable indeed is what they trade.� 3:187

The correct meaning of �yubayyin� here is ascertained by the fact that God gave us the opposite of �yabbayyin� to be �conceal� immediately after the word �yubbayyin�. The opposite of conceal is not to explain, but to proclaim.
Here we have further indication that the role of the messengers who deliver God�s message is to proclaim it to the people and not conceal it. This once again confirms that obeying the messenger is to obey the message which he proclaimed and which he delivered from God. Proclaiming the scripture to the people does not mean in any way that the messenger came with his own teachings that explain the Quran and which we must follow!

One of the very clear messages of the Quran is that the moment anyone upholds any kind of personal teachings which are not authorised in the Quran they immediately become guilty of idol worship and are promised severe retribution:

"They follow idols who decree for them religious laws never authorized by God. If it were not for the predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors have incurred a painful retribution." 42:21

Second: Can the messenger really guide people to the true meaning and message of the Quran?
It must also be said that a common misunderstanding arises when one or two verses are looked at in isolation. Without looking at all the relevant verses dealing with one particular Quranic topic, a misleading deduction can be arrived at.

If we read 16:44 and 3:164 on their own it may well appear that the messenger can fully explain the Quran to the people and that he is the teacher of the Quran, but what about when we read 55:1-2 which says that God is the teacher of the Quran?
Also, what about 75:19 where God is speaking to the messenger and tells him clearly that it is He (God) who will explain the Quran?
It is clear that when we read other verses we get a different picture.
As a result, we must arrive at a common meaning which would be in harmony with all the Quranic verses and not just 3:164 and 16:44.
The common meaning is that the messenger delivered the Quran to the people and that he spent all his remaining days preaching the Quran and commanding people to follow it and showing them what the Quran requires them to do.
However, the messenger cannot guide anyone or guarantee that all people will understand the true message of the Quran. It is God, and God alone, who can guide the people and truly explain the message of the book to the ones who deserve the guidance.
The Quranic verses which confirm this truth are numerous, such as:
�You cannot guide the ones you love. God is the only One who guides in accordance with His will, and in accordance with His knowledge of those who deserve the guidance.� 28:56

And in 72:21 the messenger is commanded to proclaim to all people:
�I possess no power to harm you nor to guide you� 72:21

The messenger is a tool and a medium between God and the people, but the messenger cannot change what is in the heart nor can he implant belief into any heart nor can he guide anyone, he can only pass the message:
"The sole duty of the messenger is to deliver the message (Quran)" 5:92

This duty does not only apply to the messenger, it applies to any Imam or teacher or preacher. There are thousands of such teachers all over the world today giving lectures, lessons and sermons. They all try to explain the Quran, but do all their listeners understand the message of the book?
The answer is NO!

All their teachers could not really explain the principal message of the Quran to them which is to dedicate all our worship rituals and practices to the name of God alone (6:162) and to accept the Quran as the only source of law (6:114).
It remains to remind ourselves with the clear command in 45:6:

�These are God's revelations (Quran) that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations do they believe?� 45:6

It follows that all who say that we need the hadith because the hadith explains the Quran are in fact showing their utter rejection of the command in 45:6 for not accepting any hadith other than the Quran.

To conclude, the messenger is authorised to use the Quran alone to preach to the people. The messenger will pass the message of the book to all people and invite all to accept and follow the Quran, but he cannot guide anyone nor guarantee that anyone will attain the true message of the book. And if the messenger cannot guide anyone (72:21), so much for the claim which states that the Hadith offers guidance!

>>> There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often. (Al Ahzab, 33:21)

Not to forget that the Salaat is mentioned 67 times in the Quran yet there is no evidence of exactly how to pray. Similarly Quran mentions call to prayer (Azan) but does not mention the details.

Therefore commands come in the Quran, but the details and explanation comes from the Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).<<<<

Reply - "The messenger of God has set a good example for those among you who seek God and the Last Day, and constantly think about God" 33:21.
When we consider all the words in 33:21 we find that God tells us that the prophet has set a good example in specifically two matters, they are:
1- The messenger has set a good example for those who "seek God and the Last Day".
2- The messenger has set a good example for those who "constantly think about God".
As a result, God is very specific in telling us in what capacity did the messenger set a good example. He did not set an example in everything he has ever done, nor should he be followed blindly as a person, but he set an example in specifically those two matters.
Consequently, we should also "seek God and the Last Day, and constantly think about God".
We do not need volumes upon volumes of fabricated tales from the likes of Abu Huraira or others to be able to seek God and the last day nor to constantly think of God.
But that is not all. The Quran continues to provide us with solid confirmation that the good example (usswaton hasana) set by the messenger is related specifically to the context given in the Quran.
Let us look at the following Quranic verse:
�You have been given in Abraham and those with him a �usswaton hasana� (good example) when they said to their people, "We disown you and the idols that you worship besides God. We denounce you, and you will see nothing from us except animosity and hatred until you believe in God alone." 60:4
�You have in them a �usswaton hasana� (good example) for those who seek God and the Last Day.� 60:6
From the above Quranic words we are able to derive the following key issues:
1- The same phrase �usswaton hasana� (good example) which is used in 33:21 in connection with Muhammad is used in 60:4 and 60:6 in connection with Abraham and those with him.
2- In 60:4 and 60:6 God gives us the exact context of how Abraham and those with him have set a good example, that being; in denouncing the idol worshippers and their deeds, and also in seeking God and the last day. This is identical in context to 33:21 where God gives us the exact context of how Muhammad had set a good example, that being; in seeking God and the last day, and in constantly thinking about God.
3- A very significant observation in 60:4 is in the words �laqad kana lakum� which mean: you have been given. The word �you� addresses all readers of the quran, which includes us today. What this means is that Abraham and those who were with him have set a good example for all readers of the Quran. And since we do not have any hadith and sunna for Abraham, let alone those who were with him, thus the good example can only be derived from the context given in the Quran (good example in seeking God and the last day .. etc).
4- Ultimately, if the phrase �usswaton hasana� in 33:21 constitutes a lawful duty on us to follow the hadith and sunna which are attributed to Muhammad , then the same phrase in 60:4-6 necessitates that we should also dig up any tales or stories about Abraham and his followers and copy their sunna!
5- The words �and those with him (Abraham)� indicate that God is speaking about normal believers among the followers of Abraham, and not the sons of Abraham. When God speaks in the Quran about Abraham�s offspring, who were also prophets (Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob), God always refers to them by name. Examples are found in 1:125, 2:132, 2:140, 4:163, 12:38. The prophet sons of Abraham are never referred to in the Quran as �those with him�. So what does this phrase �those with him�tell us?
Well we note that God says that �those with him� (ordinary believers) have also set a good example for us. This provides even further conclusive evidence that the phrase �usswaton hasana� (good example) is not an invitation for us to follow the hadith or sunna of anyone. Otherwise we must also follow the hadith and sunna of the ordinary folk who were with Abraham!

6- The words in 60:4 and 60:6 also confirm that any good believer who observes the righteous deeds spoken of in these verses will also set a good example and not just Abraham and those with him or Muhammad (as in 33:21). Therefore this "good example" can be set by any genuine believer.
Conclusion, the good example set by Muhammad (33:21), and by Abraham and those with him (60:4-6) must be understood specifically in the context given in the Quran; that being; in seeking God and the last day, in denouncing idolatry, and in constantly thinking of God.

>>> Not to forget that the Salaat is mentioned 67 times in the Quran yet there is no evidence of exactly how to pray. Similarly Quran mentions call to prayer (Azan) but does not mention the details.

Therefore commands come in the Quran, but the details and explanation comes from the Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).<<<

Reply :- As I said earlier, all the details of Salat are given the Qur�n, may be it differs with you,. Regarding Azan, it simply means an announcement for prayer. The words in 62:9 speak of "when the call for Salat has been announced on Friday". These words simply speak of an announcement that is made, in any shape or form, to let it be known that the time of the Salat is due.
In the days when the Quran was revealed, they only had the human voice to make such an announcement, but today the announcement for the time of the Salat can be made by means of the radio, T.V., Internet, or even phone text. Most people in any case just look at a table they downloaded or bought from a bookshop.
The Quran never specified that a human voice must be used to make the announcement and certainly the Quran does not spoke of a ritual called the Adhan!
For some reason, someone along the way invented the ritual called the Adhan, and that it must be uttered according to a specific wording!
Needless to say, none of this is found in the Quran and thus it is not a requirement from God.

Salam

Date Posted: 14 September 2016 at 10:10pm

Wa Alaikum Salaam. I hope InshA'Allah this helps you understand the topic better. Your replies are quoted between the arrows (<<>>).

>>>Reply - Probably you could not read the verse �O you who believe! Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger and do not turn back from HIM <anhu> while you hear� (8:20)

Here the believers are identified to be those who were listening to the Messenger who delivers the Qur�anic laws to them, as the singular pronoun �ANHU� (from him) indicates. This confirms that Allah and His Messenger are not two separate sources of law to be obeyed, but that the source of Divine law to be obeyed is ONLY Allah and ONLY the people are able to hear these divine laws through the LIPS of His Messenger.<<<

You know I would ask you how can you hold this position (limiting the prophethood to 23 years) yet profess belief in the Quran while it says:

�We did not send you except as Mercy for everybody in the universe. (21:107)

No doubt the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was explaining the Quran to the people before him, but to claim that he is only to be listened by them and not future generations contradict the Quran:

�And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver glad tiding and a warner to all mankind.� (Saba, 34:28)

>>>First: Do these verses authorise the hadith as an additional source besides the Quran?
The words in 16:44 clearly state that the messenger can only make things clear to the people by means of what is revealed to him (Quran). This is also confirmed in 6:114 which states that the only source of law is the book. In addition, the messenger is prohibited from adding his own teachings to the message he received from God. If he does he would be committing a great error that would incur a severe punishment from God (see 69:44-46).<<<<

The Verse 6:114 cannot be taken in isolation. If you took it in isolation, you will not understand the role that the Prophet continues to play throughout the entire Muslim history. It needs to be understood along with the following Verses:

But nay, by your Sustainer! They do not (really) believe unless they make you (O Prophet) a judge of all on which they disagree among themselves, and then find in their hearts no bar to an acceptance of your decision and give themselves up (to it) in utter self-surrender! (4:65)

Whoever pays heed to the Apostle pays heed to God thereby; and as for those who turn away � We have not sent you to be their keeper. (4:80)

They clearly indicate even for a simple mind that the Prophet needs to be obeyed even in our times as the Quran is best exemplified in his life. Once again, a claim that the Prophet was only to be obeyed by first generation would constitute a contradiction of the clear message in the Quran that the Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was sent for all generations till the end of the world.

>>>>One of the very clear messages of the Quran is that the moment anyone upholds any kind of personal teachings which are not authorised in the Quran they immediately become guilty of idol worship and are promised severe retribution:

"They follow idols who decree for them religious laws never authorized by God. If it were not for the predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately. Indeed, the transgressors have incurred a painful retribution." 42:21<<<<

The above Verse and similar to it that are mentioned in the Quran are to warn those who assign divine authority to manmade laws even though they are in clear contradiction to the revelations sent by God and made very clear through His chosen ones called the Prophets.

Our beloved Prophets instructions that have reached us through authentic chain of narrations called Hadith, contain guidance under divine inspiration like the Quran.

>>>>>It remains to remind ourselves with the clear command in 45:6:

�These are God's revelations (Quran) that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations do they believe?� 45:6<<<<

The last part of 45:6 can also be translated as such:

Then in what statement after Allah and His verses will they believe?

In what other tiding, if not in God�s messages, with they, then believe?

You in your English translation did not translate but kept the Arabic word �Hadith� in the Verses as is, just to prove your point of view. The word �Hadith� means words. They could be God�s Hadith or the Prophet�s Hadith. But by quoting the above Verses it does not mean that Gods Hadith is the only hadith to be followed and not the Prophet�s hadith for that will contradict all the other Verses of the Quran that explicitly order us to Follow and Obey the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).

>>>>And in 72:21 the messenger is commanded to proclaim to all people:
�I possess no power to harm you nor to guide you� 72:21

The messenger is a tool and a medium between God and the people, but the messenger cannot change what is in the heart nor can he implant belief into any heart nor can he guide anyone, he can only pass the message:
"The sole duty of the messenger is to deliver the message (Quran)" 5:92<<<<

Agreed. The Prophet cannot guide, guidance only comes from Allah (swt). But again, these Verses and all that you quoted in your post need to be understood against the background of the Quran as a whole and not in parts or in isolation. The Quran says that:

(20:114) (Know) then (that) God is sublimely exalted, the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth, and (knowing this) do not approach the Quran in haste

>>>>>In 60:4 and 60:6 God gives us the exact context of how Abraham and those with him have set a good example, that being; in denouncing the idol worshippers and their deeds, and also in seeking God and the last day. This is identical in context to 33:21 where God gives us the exact context of how Muhammad had set a good example, that being; in seeking God and the last day, and in constantly thinking about God.
3- A very significant observation in 60:4 is in the words �laqad kana lakum� which mean: you have been given. The word �you� addresses all readers of the quran, which includes us today. What this means is that Abraham and those who were with him have set a good example for all readers of the Quran. And since we do not have any hadith and sunna for Abraham, let alone those who were with him, thus the good example can only be derived from the context given in the Quran (good example in seeking God and the last day .. etc).
4- Ultimately, if the phrase �usswaton hasana� in 33:21 constitutes a lawful duty on us to follow the hadith and sunna which are attributed to Muhammad , then the same phrase in 60:4-6 necessitates that we should also dig up any tales or stories about Abraham and his followers and copy their sunna!<<<<<<

Agreed. All Prophet�s are good examples for all mankind, which includes the nation of Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam). Since we don�t have Abrahim�s hadith and Sunnah then what should we do? Follow tales? Let�s see what Allah (swt) says.

As the final revelation was given to the Muslims in the Quran (which remains unchanged even after 15 centuries) and the living example of that guidance is in the life of Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) we have to follow him.

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah. (3:110)

And thus We have willed you to be a community of the middle way, so that (with your lives) you might bear witness to the truth before all mankind, and that the Apostle might bear witness to it before you. (2:143)

Even though Allah (swt) refers to Abrahim (a.s) and other Prophets as an example to follow He makes it clear that final revelation i.e. Quran can distinguish how their lives truly were as their actual scriptures got corrupted long time ago. Now it is the Muslims who can truly bear witness to their messages and become the best example for mankind. And in order to achieve that goal they need to stick to the example of our Blessed Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) and follow him i.e. his Hadith and Sunnah. That is what it is meant by �Apostle might bear witness to it before you.

>>>>>Reply :- As I said earlier, all the details of Salat are given the Qur�n, may be it differs with you,. Regarding Azan, it simply means an announcement for prayer. The words in 62:9 speak of "when the call for Salat has been announced on Friday". These words simply speak of an announcement that is made, in any shape or form, to let it be known that the time of the Salat is due.
In the days when the Quran was revealed, they only had the human voice to make such an announcement, but today the announcement for the time of the Salat can be made by means of the radio, T.V., Internet, or even phone text. Most people in any case just look at a table they downloaded or bought from a bookshop.
The Quran never specified that a human voice must be used to make the announcement and certainly the Quran does not spoke of a ritual called the Adhan!
For some reason, someone along the way invented the ritual called the Adhan, and that it must be uttered according to a specific wording!<<<<<

How do you pray Salaat is in the Quran? Where? Can you shed some light over it.

The fact that the Azan is consistently being called in the cities of Makkah and Madinah, the cradle of Islam, for the past 15 centuries is as clear as a daylight that this has been ordained for this nation from the time of the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) by himself. Not to forget the fact that there are authentic hadith that explain how it was taught to us. Also there is a Unity in one Azan being called out loud so it reaches all the ears around it. The Azan being invented as a ritual outside of Islam would claimed by someone who follows the way of error as the Prophet himself said �the majority of my Ummah will never agree on an error.� The majority agrees upon the Azaan and has, regardless of whichever school of thought it is. To claim that is an innovation, you have to give proof.

I hope inshA�Allah this helps you see the entire picture of Islam and avoid focusing on bits and pieces.

Date Posted: 14 September 2016 at 10:17pm
Salaam Rayhansharif,

A Very important question that came to my mind for you. When you said false tales of Abu Huraira (r.a) and used similar words about Hadith, have you studied the Ilm Al Hadith (The Sciences of Hadith) before?

Could you prove it to me that the Hadith literatureaccording to its science, they are all false and incorrect and inauthentic?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 15 September 2016 at 4:15am
Salam brother Syed,
>>>> You know I would ask you how can you hold this position (limiting the prophethood to 23 years) yet profess belief in the Quran while it says:
�We did not send you except as Mercy for everybody in the universe. (21:107)
No doubt the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was explaining the Quran to the people before him, but to claim that he is only to be listened by them and not future generations contradict the Quran:
�And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver glad tiding and a warner to all mankind.� (Saba, 34:28)<<<<
Reply :- �And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a mercy to all the worlds.�
21:107

Muslim scholars quote 21:107 to support their claim that prophet Muhammad has been given special status and above all other messengers due to the fact that he was sent as a �mercy to all the worlds�.
This claim leads us to investigate four separate issues:

First: Does the Quran say that Muhammad was superior to other messengers?

The answer is NO. When we read the Quran we note two important matters:
1- God commands Muhammad to say that he is not any different from other messengers:
�Say (O Muhammad), "I am not different from other messengers�. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me. I am no more than a clear warner." 46:9

If Muhammad was superior to all other messengers, would God command him to say that he is not any different from other messengers?

2- God tells us in the Quran that He favoured some messengers above others. A number of names are mentioned and they include Moses, Jesus and others, but Muhammad is not one of them which once again would not support the claim that he was superior to all others. The following verses are significant:
�These messengers; we favoured some above the others, some spoke to God (Moses) and we raised some of them to higher ranks. And we gave Jesus, son of Mary, profound miracles and supported him with the Holy Spirit� 2:253

The above verse speaks of how Moses was favoured by the fact that he spoke directly to God, also the words �higher ranks�may refer to Idris (see 19:57); then we have Jesus who was also favoured among other messengers since he was constantly accompanied by the Holy Spirit Gabriel.
The same message is repeated in 17:55 without the mention of Muhammad�s name:

� �. And we favoured some prophets over others and we gave David the �zabur� (psalms).� 17:55

Second: Is the phrase �sent as a mercy� used in the Quran exclusively in connection to Muhammad?

Since God�s messengers are sent to deliver a message and guidance from God it follows that all God�s messengers are sent as an act of mercy from God to mankind.
In the following verse for example we read how Jesus was also sent as a sign of mercy from God:
�He said, "Thus said your Lord, `It is easy for Me. We will render him (Jesus) a sign for the people, and mercy from us. This is a predestined matter." 19:21

Hence, those who claim that Muhammad had the exclusive blessing of being sent as a �mercy� to the world only show their ignorance with the Quran.

Third: What is the Quranic meaning of a �mercy sent to the world�?

Every prophet brings a scripture from God. This scripture contains guidance to the people from God and it is the guidance within the scripture that provides the mercy sent from God.
Muhammad delivered the Quran from God, and it is the Quran which is an act of mercy to the people and not the person of Muhammad himself.
The same applies to all other prophets who delivered a scripture from God. The Quran tells us that the sole duty of all messengers is to deliver God�s message (5:92) and thus all mercy is embodied in the scripture they deliver. All scriptures sent from God contain guidance and healing for the souls as well as mercy for the people.
The verses 11:17 & 7:154 speak of the mercy which was sent with the Torah:

The following verses confirm that the mercy we received (through Muhammad) was in the Quran itself:

�The day will come when we will raise from every community a witness from among them, and bring you as the witness of these people. We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance, and mercy, and good news for the submitters.� 16:89
�We send down in the Quran healing and mercy for the believers. At the same time, it only increases the wickedness of the transgressors.� 17:82

Fourth: What is the significance of the words �to all the worlds� in 21:107?

The words in 21:107 address Prophet Muhammad and describes the mercy sent with him as a mercy �to all the worlds�. When we compare this to 19:21 which speaks about the mercy sent with Jesus, we find that in 19:21 the words �all the worlds� are not used.
This distinction has not escaped the eyes of those who made the above claim using it to further support their ascertain that Muhammad was superior to all other messengers since he was sent as a mercy to �all the worlds� coupled with the that the phrase has not been mentioned in the Quran in connection with other messengers.

However, after we have witnessed all the Quranic verses reviewed under the Third section above, the reason for this distinction becomes clear. We now know that the mercy sent with a messenger is embodied in the scripture he delivers and not in his person (11:17, 7:154, 16:89, 17:82).

We also know that all previous scripture were intended for specific people and for specific times. However, the Quran is the final scripture to be sent by God (33:40) and is thus for �all the worlds� and for all time. Thus the mercy spoken of in 21:107 which is contained in the scripture delivered by Muhammad, is correctly described as a mercy to �all the worlds�.
To conclude, the glorious words in 21:107 confirm the nature of the mercy which God sends to mankind and it also confirms that this mercy is sent with all messengers and not just Muhammad. Finally it confirms that the mercy is embodied in the scripture which the messenger delivers and not in the person of the messenger.

>>>>>>>The Verse 6:114 cannot be taken in isolation. If you took it in isolation, you will not understand the role that the Prophet continues to play throughout the entire Muslim history. It needs to be understood along with the following Verses: 4:65 & 4:80
They clearly indicate even for a simple mind that the Prophet needs to be obeyed even in our times as the Quran is best exemplified in his life. Once again, a claim that the Prophet was only to be obeyed by first generation would constitute a contradiction of the clear message in the Quran that the Messenger (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was sent for all generations till the end of the world.>>>>>>>>

Reply:- Brother I never said that Messenger needs not to be obeyed. I simply say that Messenger must be obeyed through his message i.e. Qur�n, which he delivered to world.
Now come to your point reg. the verses 4:65 & 4:80;-
Before analysing the words in 4:65 it is necessary to be reminded of the definition given by God for a believer. The definition is given in 2:285:

�The messenger has believed in what was brought down to him from his Lord, and so do the believers. They all believe in God, His angels, His Scripture and His messengers: "We do not distinguish between any of His messengers," and they said, "We hear and we obey. Forgive us, our Lord. To You is the ultimate destiny.� 2:285

A believer is the one who believes in God, the angels, the Scripture and the messengers of God.
Nowhere in the Quran is the belief in hadith a requirement for being a believer.
In fact, the Quran prohibits the acceptance of any hadith other than the Quran which is described as the best hadith:

"These are God's revelations (Quran) that We recite to you truthfully. In which hadith other than God and His revelations (Quran) do they believe?" 45:6

�God has brought down the best Hadith; a book that is consistent in its frequent repetitions.� 39:23

� ��. Which Hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe in?� 7:185

�So in which hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe?�77:50
With the above Quranic insight, the words in 4:65 can be looked at more closely:

1- The words�until they make you judge� clearly indicate that the instructions in 4:65 applied to the time of the Prophet and not today, for how can we seek a dead man to judge our personal disputes? Let us say two men disputed among themselves with regards to some conditions or terms of a joint business arrangement between them, how can they go to the grave of the Prophet to ask him to judge their dispute?

2- In addition, the words �the disputes which arise between them� indicate that the contemporaries of the Prophet were going to him to arbitrate in the disputes that arose on a personal level between people. The words clearly speak of everyday type of disputes that always arise between people and not only disputes of a religious nature.

Thus, the message we derive from 4:65 is that the believers who lived at the time of the Prophet were instructed to place their trust in the Prophet to judge among them regarding their personal disputes. The words continue to instruct the believers to accept the verdict of the Prophet wholeheartedly. Their faith in his verdict is a reflection of their belief in him as the messenger of God.

Reg. Verse 4:80:-

�He who obeys the messenger has obeyed God. As for those who turn away, We did not send you as a guardian over them.� 4:80

To attain the correct understanding of this verse it is necessary to read it in conjunction with three other verses:

1- The only duty of the messenger is to deliver God�s message:

�The sole duty of the messenger is to deliver the message and God knows what you reveal and what you conceal.� 5:99

2- Muhammad commanded by God to follow nothing other than the Quran which was revealed to him:

�Say (O Muhammad), "I am not any different from other messengers. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me (Quran). I am no more than a clear warner.� 46:9

3- Muhammad commanded by God to rule among the people with the Quran and nothing else:

�And We brought down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (Quran), truthfully, confirming what is present of the Scripture, and superseding it. So rule among them in accordance with what God has brought down, and do not follow their wishes away from the truth that came to you.� 5:48

With the added information of the above verses it is possible to have a better understanding of 4:80. The words in 4:80 state that the one who obeys Muhammad would have obeyed God simply because Muhammad will preach nothing other than the Quran which was revealed to him by God.

>>>> The Verse 42:21 and similar to it that are mentioned in the Quran are to warn those who assign divine authority to manmade laws even though they are in clear contradiction to the revelations sent by God and made very clear through His chosen ones called the Prophets.
Our beloved Prophets instructions that have reached us through authentic chain of narrations called Hadith, contain guidance under divine inspiration like the Quran.<<<

Information that comes to us through chain of narration does not certify that we should accept/follow it as �Religious Source of Islam�. The only religious source of Islam is �QURAN� and it is FULLY DETAILED, PERFECT & COMPLETE.(6:114). Verse 42:21 warns to those who follow any other source besides Qur�n as their religious source.

>>> You in your English translation did not translate but kept the Arabic word �Hadith� in the Verses as is, just to prove your point of view. The word �Hadith� means words. They could be God�s Hadith or the Prophet�s Hadith. But by quoting the above Verses it does not mean that Gods Hadith is the only hadith to be followed and not the Prophet�s hadith for that will contradict all the other Verses of the Quran that explicitly order us to Follow and Obey the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).<<<

Reply:- The verses in concerned clearly say that �which hadith(statement, words) OTHER THAN GOD..�
I expect that you know what does mean to say �hadith other than God�.

>>>>>Agreed. The Prophet cannot guide, guidance only comes from Allah (swt). But again, these Verses and all that you quoted in your post need to be understood against the background of the Quran as a whole and not in parts or in isolation. The Quran says that:
(20:114) (Know) then (that) God is sublimely exalted, the Ultimate Sovereign, the Ultimate Truth, and (knowing this) do not approach the Quran in haste<<<<

Reply:- The Quran tells us that God commanded Muhammad not to be impatient with the revelation but to wait until it is all revealed to him.

"Most Exalted is God, the King, the Truth. Do not rush the Quran before it�s inspiration comes to you and say, "My Lord, increase my knowledge." 20:114

The question here is: what was Muhammad to wait for, and what exactly was he impatient about?
Obviously Muhammad was not impatient to know the details of how the universe was created, nor impatient to know the full life stories of all the previous messengers!

Muhammad would have been impatient to know the correct way to conduct the religious practices and follow the law of God when he was not yet given all the details.
But God told him not to be impatient, which means that God would not hold Muhammad or the believers accountable for following any specific practices until all the details of that practice had been revealed.
The words above to Muhammad are very clear. Muhammad should just ask God to increase his knowledge and not rush the revelation of the Quran. Once again, confirming that God would not hold Muhammad or the believers with him accountable to any Quranic practice until all its details have been revealed.
We also read:

[75:16] Do not move your tongue to hasten it (Quran).
[75:17] It is We who will collect it and provide its recitation.
[75:18] Once We recite it, you shall follow such recitation.

Once again, the command not to "hasten it", and also "once We recite it, you shall follow such recitation" indicate that Muhammad is not expected to follow anything until it is revealed to him. This would naturally apply to Salat or any other Quranic command.

>>>>>Agreed. All Prophet�s are good examples for all mankind, which includes the nation of Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam). Since we don�t have Abrahim�s hadith and Sunnah then what should we do? Follow tales? Let�s see what Allah (swt) says.
As the final revelation was given to the Muslims in the Quran (which remains unchanged even after 15 centuries) and the living example of that guidance is in the life of Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) we have to follow him.
You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah. (3:110)
And thus We have willed you to be a community of the middle way, so that (with your lives) you might bear witness to the truth before all mankind, and that the Apostle might bear witness to it before you. (2:143)
Even though Allah (swt) refers to Abrahim (a.s) and other Prophets as an example to follow He makes it clear that final revelation i.e. Quran can distinguish how their lives truly were as their actual scriptures got corrupted long time ago. Now it is the Muslims who can truly bear witness to their messages and become the best example for mankind. And in order to achieve that goal they need to stick to the example of our Blessed Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) and follow him i.e. his Hadith and Sunnah. That is what it is meant by �Apostle might bear witness to it before you.�>>>

Reply: - As I had already express my opinion that the good example set by Muhammad (33:21), and by Abraham and those with him (60:4-6) must be understood specifically in the context given in the Quran; that being; in seeking God and the last day, in denouncing idolatry, and in constantly thinking of God.

Regarding Verse 2:143, Please cite the full verse, then I shall InshAllah reply to you. Regarding following Hadith & Sunnah, Nowhere it is mentioned in the Qur�an about Prophet Muhammad�s Sunnah & Hadith, that we should follow. Rather, Messenger will complain to Allah that by saying , "My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."[25:30]. He will not mention of his hadith & sunnah.

>>>>> How do you pray Salaat is in the Quran? Where? Can you shed some light over it.<<<
Reply :- The reply will be long. So I will send it in a separate post.

>>>> as the Prophet himself said �the majority of my Ummah will never agree on an error.� <<<<

Reply:- Probably you don�t see the following verses;-

[12:103] Most people, no matter what you do, will not believe.

[12:106] The majority of those who believe in GOD do not do so without committing idol worship.

So brother you please think refresh.

Salam

Date Posted: 17 September 2016 at 5:44am
Assalamu�alaikum,

Previously I apologize if I have been presumptuous to intervene in discussions between you and Syed.
Since I see that there are less fit in my mind.
I followed from beginning to end but there are still many things that I can not catch from the core you are talking about, I appreciate if you can be more specific so as not to bias in the answer?

Or what you are questioning it was only the following questions:

First: Is the Quran says that Muhammad is the messenger superior to the other?

Second: Does the phrase "sent as a mercy" that is used in the Quran exclusively in connection with Muhammad?

Third: What is the meaning of the Quran on the "mercy sent into the world"?

Fourth: What is the significance of the words "for the whole of nature" in 21: 107?
what Muhammad to wait, and what exactly he is impatient about?

Or something else?

Sometimes I feel less clear whether you wrote it a question or just information ?, Because there is a question from you, but you answer it by yourself, what's that supposed to mean?
And there is one thing that concerns me is like there is something curious about your statement as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sources of Islam". The only source of Islam is "QURAN" and it is FULL Complete, PERFECT and COMPLETE (6: 114) .. Verse 42:21 cautions to those who follow other sources besides the Quran as the source of their religion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I look at your statement that such can not believe all the hadiths, is that true ? how do we know that the maghrib prayer 3 raka'at?, Whether in the Qur�an there are verses that explain it? Al Qur'anul Kareem sent down by Allah is general because it will be in force until the Day of Judgment. Therefore, Muslims need a tool or as a means of reference to carry out acts of worship commanded by Allah Subhanahu Wata�ala. That is the hadith of the Prophet Muhammad, which position is under the Qur�an.
Hadith according to language is a tradition of speech and behavior, then to whom Muslims will imitate ?

Qur�an surah Al Ahzab (33): 21
Qur�an surah Ali �Imran (3): 31

Wassalamu�alaikum.

Date Posted: 18 September 2016 at 10:57pm
Salaam Rayhan,

My replies are below.

>>>The answer is NO. When we read the Quran we note two important matters:
1- God commands Muhammad to say that he is not any different from other messengers:
�Say (O Muhammad), "I am not different from other messengers�. I have no idea what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me. I am no more than a clear warner." 46:9

If Muhammad was superior to all other messengers, would God command him to say that he is not any different from other messengers?<<<<

The answer is yes he is the leader of all the Prophets and Messengers that have ever existed and that leadership position does make him superior to other Prophets. As to the Verses you quoted above is a warning to followers of Muhammad that however great a Prophet or a Messenger is, they are always at the Mercy of Allah (swt) and not independent of the authority of their Lord Who chose them as guides for mankind. Also the above verse expresses a true Prophetic attitude expected from a true Prophet of God to his followers that it is only obedience to God and His Mercy that will help them succeed and not descendancy nor being known as follower of such and such Prophet. The above verse in no way implies Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wassallam) being lesser.

The echo of the message in the above verse can be heard in a Hadith:

No one�s deeds will ever admit him to Paradise.� They said, �Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?� He said, �No, not even me, unless Allah showers me with His Mercy� (Bukhari and Muslim)

>>>>>>God tells us in the Quran that He favoured some messengers above others. A number of names are mentioned and they include Moses, Jesus and others, but Muhammad is not one of them which once again would not support the claim that he was superior to all others. The following verses are significant:
�These messengers; we favoured some above the others, some spoke to God (Moses) and we raised some of them to higher ranks. And we gave Jesus, son of Mary, profound miracles and supported him with the Holy Spirit� 2:253

The above verse speaks of how Moses was favoured by the fact that he spoke directly to God, also the words �higher ranks�may refer to Idris (see 19:57); then we have Jesus who was also favoured among other messengers since he was constantly accompanied by the Holy Spirit Gabriel.
The same message is repeated in 17:55 without the mention of Muhammad�s name:

� �. And we favoured some prophets over others and we gave David the �zabur� (psalms).� 17:55<<<<<<

You quoted all the above Verses in which each Messenger of Allah (swt) was honored by Allah due to some special blessings they had been given. Such as the speech to Moses (alaihi Salaam) and giving kingdom to Suleiman (alahi Salaam) etc. But Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) was given the leadership when Allah (swt) gathered all the Prophets in the spiritual realm before he sent them to earth and took covenant to support him if he arrives in their age:

(3:81) And (remember), when Allah took the covenant of the prophets, [saying], "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him." [ Allah ] said, "Have you acknowledged and taken upon that My commitment?" They said, "We have acknowledged it." He said, "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."

Ali Ibn Abi Talib and his cousin Abdullah Ibn Abbas (r.a) said �Allah never sent a Prophet but after taking his pledge that if Muhammad were sent in his lifetime, he would believe in and support him.� Abdullah Ibn Abbas (ra) was the first Quran commentator in Islamic history and he learned everything directly from the Prophet. Allah commanded each Prophet to take a pledge from his nation that if Muhammad were sent in their lifetime, they would believe in and support him. It is this reason why Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said that �If Musa was here he would have no choice but to follow me.�

Those who ignore such verses are ignorant of the fact the Prophet Muhammad was the leader of the entire chain of Prophethood. Worst is the case of those who reject authentic traditions that support the above claim.

Infact the 3:81 makes it clear that if Muhammad existed in any time period, deserves to be obeyed, rather than all other Prophets. That is why Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) led all the prophets in prayer during the night of Isra when they gathered in Bayt Al Maqdis (Jerusalem). His leading the prayer symbolized his leadership.

(17:01) Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.

The fact that Prophet Muhammad is the best example as compared to other Prophets is also due to the fact that in his life there is an example for all people. All other prophets did not succeed in all aspects of life. For example Jesus (a.s) lived all his life in celibacy, and for that reasons, there is no example in his personal life to be followed with regard to the married life. Solomon (a.s) lived a kindly life, and so there is nothing in his life to be followed by a poor man. Moreoever the other religions had separated politics and religion therefore their lifestyles are incomplete for the nations.

Even a Christian accepts the fact that Prophet Muhammad succeeded in all aspects of life. Michael H Hart wrote book called �100 Most Influential People� in which he designated Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) to be # 1.

Sadly you being a Muslim does not understand his unique Sunnah and position.

>>>>>>In fact, the Quran prohibits the acceptance of any hadith other than the Quran which is described as the best hadith:

�God has brought down the best Hadith; a book that is consistent in its frequent repetitions.� 39:23

� ��. Which Hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe in?� 7:185

�So in which hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe?�77:50<<<<,

See the following English translations of 45:6:

These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement after Allah and His verses will they believe?

Those are the signs of Allah that We recite to you with the Truth. In which discourse then, after Allah and His signs, (will) they believe?

Such are the Signs of Allah, which We rehearse to thee in Truth; then in what exposition will they believe after (rejecting) Allah and His Signs?

Where does these verses imply that the Prophet�s words should not be followed who himself was a walking Quran? Since Allah has explicitly mentioned throughout the Quran that the words of the Prophet should also be obeyed, your interpretation of the above would mean that Allah contradicted himself. Which is considered a blasphemy in Islam. Also it is quite evident that the above Verse is a warning to the disbelievers who rejects the Verses of Allah and not to the believers. To imply that they are a warning to the believers who follow the Quran and Hadith is absurd. This is an absolute example of a misinterpretation of the holy text to suit one�s own desires and wishes.

>>>>>1- The words�until they make you judge� clearly indicate that the instructions in 4:65 applied to the time of the Prophet and not today, for how can we seek a dead man to judge our personal disputes? Let us say two men disputed among themselves with regards to some conditions or terms of a joint business arrangement between them, how can they go to the grave of the Prophet to ask him to judge their dispute?

2- In addition, the words �the disputes which arise between them� indicate that the contemporaries of the Prophet were going to him to arbitrate in the disputes that arose on a personal level between people. The words clearly speak of everyday type of disputes that always arise between people and not only disputes of a religious nature.<<<<

Those who reject the hadith literature will never understand the meaning of �until they make you the judge�. It clearly implies turning towards the Quran and the Sunnah.

(49:7) And know that God's Apostle is among you: were he to comply with your inclinations in each and every case, you would be bound to come to harm [as a community].

Even a simple minded reader would agree that since the Prophet is not physically present among us, his being �among you� means his example, his Sunnah being among us is an example for our behavior towards ones another. Similarly the meaning of �until they make you the judge� (4:65) is his blessed words and actions.

>>>>>.Fourth: What is the significance of the words �to all the worlds� in 21:107?

The words in 21:107 address Prophet Muhammad and describes the mercy sent with him as a mercy �to all the worlds�. When we compare this to 19:21 which speaks about the mercy sent with Jesus, we find that in 19:21 the words �all the worlds� are not used.
This distinction has not escaped the eyes of those who made the above claim using it to further support their ascertain that Muhammad was superior to all other messengers since he was sent as a mercy to �all the worlds� coupled with the that the phrase has not been mentioned in the Quran in connection with other messengers.

However, after we have witnessed all the Quranic verses reviewed under the Third section above, the reason for this distinction becomes clear. We now know that the mercy sent with a messenger is embodied in the scripture he delivers and not in his person (11:17, 7:154, 16:89, 17:82).<<<<<

Understanding the Quran in Isolation leaves you with confusion again. Allah (swt) makes it abundantly clear that the Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) has earned the highest station in the paradise and the hereafter which none before him ever attained neither will be attained by any one!

(17:79) And from [part of] the night, pray with it as additional [worship] for you; it is expected that your Lord will resurrect you to a praised station (Al Maqam Al Mahmud).

What is Al Maqam Al Mahmud? Since those who reject hadith will never figure out. But those who Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger will always know.

It is the highest station of praise and glory of Prophet Muhammad. It is the station of intercession for the entire mankind that no Prophet will be able to do except for him. He will be chosen to intercede and many among the mankind will be forgiven by Allah because of His intercession and therefore he (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) is also a mercy for the entire creation as Allah will bestow His Mercy through His beloved.

My question to you is what do you know about Ilm Al Hadith (Sciences of Hadith).

Hazrat Ali said "A person is an enemy of what he has no knowledge of".

If you claim all Hadith literature that Muslim held on to for the past 15 centuries is not authentic then please explain how.

I believe me and brother Asep asked you questions about Salaat which we would love to hear your answers.

Salaam

Date Posted: 20 September 2016 at 3:18am
Salam,

Brother Syed, At first I request you to please sick my opinion for one or two matters at a time. Due to lack of time, It is very difficult for me to answer your all questions at a time. I am going to answer here only for two points raised by you, which are as follows;-

1.     >>>>The above verse in no way implies Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu alaihi wassallam) being lesser.<<<<

Reply :- I never said that the verse in concerned 46:9 says that prophet Muhammad was lesser than other prophets. But it is also true that you will not find any verse in the Quran, which says that Prophet Muhammad was the leader of all the prophets. If you find, please show me. Regarding verse 3:81, your understanding is not correct. Pl. See:-

"God took a covenant from the prophets, saying, "I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger will come to confirm all existing scriptures. You shall believe in him and support him." He said, "Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfil this covenant?" They said, "We agree." He said, "You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you." 3:81

Verse 3:81 provides the definitions of "Nabi" (Prophet) and "Rasoul" (Messenger). "Nabi" is a messenger of God who delivers a new scripture, while "Rasoul" is a messenger commissioned by God to confirm existing scripture. Some messengers deliver a new scripture and in that case they are also prophets, but many other messengers do not deliver a new scripture. As a result, every "Nabi" is a "Rasoul," but not every "Rasoul" is a "Nabi".

The Quranic definition of Prophet, and how all the prophets were given Scripture to deliver, is also confirmed in the following verse:

"The people used to be one community when God sent the prophets as bearers of good news, as well as warners. He sent down with them the scripture, bearing the truth, to judge among the people in their disputes" 2:213.

Whenever God mentions prophethood in the Quran, He mentions scripture. The following are some examples:

"Never would a human being whom God blessed with the scripture and prophethood say to the people, "Idolise me beside God." Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn." 3:79.

"Those were the ones to whom we have given the scripture, wisdom, and prophethood. If these people disbelieve, we will substitute others in their place, and the new people will not be disbelievers." 6:89.

"We granted him Isaac and Jacob, we assigned to his descendants prophethood and the scriptures, we endowed him with his due recompense in this life, and in the Hereafter he will surely be with the righteous." 29:27.

As we have seen (above), we are told in 3:81 that after all the prophets have come and also all the scripture sent, a messenger will come to confirm the scripture. Since Muhammad was one of the prophets who took this covenant (33:7), then he cannot be the messenger who will come after all the scripture and prophets. Muhammad would not be required to take a covenant to believe in himself and support himself! We also note from 3:81 that the messenger who will come after Muhammad (who is the last prophet) will not deliver a scripture since the Quran is the last scripture, but he will confirm the scripture.

�Muhammad was not the father of any of your men, but he was a messenger of God and the seal of the prophets. God is knowledgeable of all things� 33:40

According to 33:40, Muhammad was the last of all prophets. There will be no prophets to come after him. And since it is only the prophets who deliver the scripture, it follows that the Quran is the final scripture to be sent by God. We must also be aware that 33:40 clearly states that Muhammad was �a messenger of God� and not �the seal of the messengers�. God is very deliberate with His choice of words. If Muhammad was also the last of all messengers, then why does God call him only �a messenger of God�?
The reply is found in the following Quranic verses:

"For every nation there is a messenger. After their messenger comes, they are judged equitably, and they will not be wronged." 10:47

"They will say, �When will this promise come true, if you are truthful?" 10:48.

1- The words in 10:47 confirm that every nation will be sent a messenger, and since there will be nations on earth till the end of the world then it also follows that there will be future messengers to come till the end of the world. Thus Muhammad was not the last messenger.

2- The words 10:48 confirm that the coming of messengers is spoken of as a future event. It is an event which would happen after the revelation of the Quran and after the prophet Muhammad. This is why the ones asking in 10:48 are asking about a "future" event and saying:

�When will this promise come true?�

To conclude:

1- All prophets are also messengers, they deliver a message from God.
2- There will be messengers after Muhammad and till the end of the world (10:47)
3- Muhammad was the final prophet, no prophets after Muhammad (33:40)
4- Therefore all messengers who come after Muhammad are not prophets.

The Quran is clear that every prophet (nabi) is a messenger (rasoul) but not every messenger is a prophet.

Now that we have the definition of Prophet (Nabi) and Messenger (Rasoul) from God Almighty Himself, the Teacher of the Quran, no scholar's opinion can change that fact. However, we are all free to side with God or side with the scholars. Generations before us made the wrong choice and were described by God in the Quran as follows:

"They have set up their religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of God . . . " 9:31

This act of placing the scholars as idols besides God can lead to one place, and it is not Heaven.

2.     >>>>> That is why Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) led all the prophets in prayer during the night of Isra when they gathered in Bayt Al Maqdis (Jerusalem). His leading the prayer symbolized his leadership.

(17:01) Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al- Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.<<<<

Reply:- Where did you find here that �Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) led all the prophets in prayer during the night of Isra when they gathered in Bayt Al Maqdis (Jerusalem)�. Brother, don�t listen or believe fairy tells like this.

If we discuss on Quranic topics, then it will be fruitful to all of us.

Date Posted: 20 September 2016 at 3:30am
Salam asep48garut60,

Who are you addressed these questions? To me?

Salam

Date Posted: 20 September 2016 at 10:53pm

Salaam Rayhan,

My dear brother take your time to reply. Below is my reply only to your post that you did today. I selected each point you made today and replied to those.

>>>>Reply :- I never said that the verse in concerned 46:9 says that prophet Muhammad was lesser than other prophets. But it is also true that you will not find any verse in the Quran, which says that Prophet Muhammad was the leader of all the prophets. If you find, please show me.<<<<

The below is from your previous post.

>>>If Muhammad was superior to all other messengers, would God command him to say that he is not any different from other messengers?<<<

>>>>The above verse speaks of how Moses was favoured by the fact that he spoke directly to God, also the words �higher ranks�may refer to Idris (see 19:57); then we have Jesus who was also favoured among other messengers since he was constantly accompanied by the Holy Spirit Gabriel.
The same message is repeated in 17:55 without the mention of Muhammad�s name<<<<

In the above words you clearly implied that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was lesser or equal to them. Which according to several verses of the Quran, in fact the chore message that Quran delivers, is obviously a misunderstanding. The truth is that he is the best there ever has been and will remain the best, as Allah (swt) Himself has raised him to the Al Maqam Al Mahmud (The Raised and Praised Station) (17:79) unlike any other Prophet or Messenger.

>>>>>"God took a covenant from the prophets, saying, "I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger will come to confirm all existing scriptures. You shall believe in him and support him." He said, "Do you agree with this, and pledge to fulfil this covenant?" They said, "We agree." He said, "You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you." 3:81<<<<<<

The difference is in the underlined part of your quoted Verse (above) and mine is below (underlined) that I quoted earlier. You give your explanation based on your own understanding without keeping in mind the explanation of the best generation. But our�s i.e. Majority of the Muslims have the best generation of Muslims, the first generation of the Companions of the Prophet themselves explaining that it was a covenant made with all the Prophets/Messengers in the spiritual realm with Allah (swt) that they will support Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) if he comes in their age. Clearly honoring him above all!

(3:81) And (remember), when Allah took the covenant of the prophets, [saying], "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him." [ Allah ] said, "Have you acknowledged and taken upon that My commitment?" They said, "We have acknowledged it." He said, "Then bear witness, and I am with you among the witnesses."

Secondly such a similar covenant had been taken from all the Children of Adam (a.s) before they were even sent on earth.

�When your Lord took from the children of Adam, from their loins, their offspring and made them bear witness concerning themselves. �Am I not your Lord?�  They said, �Yes indeed�� [7:172]

The Prophetic covenant that Allah took from all the prophets about Prophet Muhammad is similar to it. You cannot overlook this fact. That is why I mentioned earlier that your approach to the Quran is bit hasty.

>>>>Verse 3:81 provides the definitions of "Nabi" (Prophet) and "Rasoul" (Messenger). "Nabi" is a messenger of God who delivers a new scripture, while "Rasoul" is a messenger commissioned by God to confirm existing scripture. Some messengers deliver a new scripture and in that case they are also prophets, but many other messengers do not deliver a new scripture. As a result, every "Nabi" is a "Rasoul," but not every "Rasoul" is a "Nabi".<<<<

Let me correct you here my dear brother. The words in the above 3:81, in Arabic I would like to add as I put in the translation for you as well:

And, when Allah took the covenant of the prophets (Nabiyyina), [saying], "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger (Rasoolun) confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him."

All the Prophets/Messengers made this promise to Allah (swt). The fact that even today if you read the Bible (though not in its original form anymore) there are indications of Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) in several places. Quran confirms this about those who are well versed in their own scriptures:

They [some Jews] know him like they know their own sons (2:146)

So the fact is that Muhammad is prophesied in all the scriptures, even non biblical, unlike any other Messenger or Prophet that has lived.

Secondly your definition that �Nabi (Prophet) delivers a scripture while Rasool (Messenger) confirms existing scripture.� Is a bit misunderstood.

Who is a Nabi (Prophet) and Who is a Messenger (Rasool)?

Every Messenger is a Prophet but every Prophet is not a Messenger. How? Because every Prophet earns Prophethood but is not necessarily given a scripture or a book. But every Messenger, who without a doubt is a Prophet by virtue of Prophethood bestowed on him, is also given a scripture. That is why he is referred to as a Rasool i.e. Messenger, one who is given a Message or a Book. For example, Musa (alaihi Sallam) was a Messenger (given Prophet hood and a Book) and Haroon (alaihi Sallam) was only a Prophet (Nabi) not a messenger, as he wasn�t given a separate book. He confirmed the message of Musa (alaihi Sallam).

Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was not only given Prophethood but was also given the final scripture that will live till the end of the world. Therefore he was a Rasoool, in that sense of the term.

The above explanation can also be understood in the following tradition of the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) in Musnad Ahmed Collection �From Adam to me, Allah sent a hundred and twenty four thousand Prophets, of whom three hundred and fifteen were Messenger (i.e. were entrusted with a Book).� (Hadith 21257)

For majority of Muslims, Hadith traditions explain the Quran very well. Those who choose to ignore that fact don�t really understand. The above Hadith itself is a factual statement that since Allah (swt) chose more Prophets than Messengers and Books is because living examples (Sunnah) is much more important than anything else. Therefore to claim that delivering a Book is only what a Prophet is chosen for is an incorrect belief.

>>>>According to 33:40, Muhammad was the last of all prophets. There will be no prophets to come after him. And since it is only the prophets who deliver the scripture, it follows that the Quran is the final scripture to be sent by God. We must also be aware that 33:40 clearly states that Muhammad was �a messenger of God� and not �the seal of the messengers�. God is very deliberate with His choice of words. If Muhammad was also the last of all messengers, then why does God call him only �a messenger of God�?<<<<

(33:40) [And know, O believers, that] Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but is God's Apostle and the Seal of all Prophets.

Muhammad Asad gives the following explanation on the highlighted word:

�the last of the prophets, just as a seal (khatam) marks the end of a document; apart from this, the term khatam is also synonymous with khitam, the "end" or "conclusion" of a thing: from which it follows that the message revealed through Muhammad the Qur'an must be regarded as the culmination and the end of all prophetic revelation�

Khatam means the seal and not what you described. In fact all scholars of the Ummah for the past 15 centuries have held on to this explanation of the term Khatam as Seal. The people in our times or those who reject hadith haven�t discovered something which Muslims for centuries were unaware of.

>>>>The Quran is clear that every prophet (nabi) is a messenger (rasoul) but not every messenger is a prophet.

Now that we have the definition of Prophet (Nabi) and Messenger (Rasoul) from God Almighty Himself, the Teacher of the Quran, no scholar's opinion can change that fact. However, we are all free to side with God or side with the scholars. Generations before us made the wrong choice and were described by God in the Quran as follows:

"They have set up their religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of God . . . " 9:31

This act of placing the scholars as idols besides God can lead to one place, and it is not Heaven.<<<<<

I hate to differ with you but I am forced to because of your incorrect understanding of the Book of Allah (swt) while claiming to be knowing it perfectly.

The fact that Quran itself orders the Muslims to go to those more knowledgeable breaks the understanding you have about following scholarship.

"So ask the people of remembrance, if you do not know" (16:43).

"A band from each community should stay behind to gain instruction in religion and to warn the people when they return to them, so that they may take heed" (9:122).

An Authentic Hadith confirms the above Verses �Prophethood will end with my departure. The children of Israel had Prophets. After me there will be no Prophets, there will be scholars.�

Surah Taubah, Verse 31 is not a warning not to obey scholars, it is a warning against following those who distort the meaning of the text.

>>>>Reply:- Where did you find here that �Muhammad (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) led all the prophets in prayer during the night of Isra when they gathered in Bayt Al Maqdis (Jerusalem)�. Brother, don�t listen or believe fairy tells like this.<<<<<

Do you even know what the words Isra means and its different shades of meaning? First understand the words of the Quran then the Hadith of Isra Wa�al Miraj. They are in agreement and that is what the Muslims have been following.

>>>If we discuss on Quranic topics, then it will be fruitful to all of us.<<<

How can I discuss when you quote Quran out of context? Your post is a clear example of how Muslims can be misled in Islam if either they take Quran out of context or/and reject hadith of our beloved Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).

You can take your time to reply to other questions that we asked including the question on what evidence do you reject the Hadith literature.

Date Posted: 21 September 2016 at 3:31am
Brother Syed,

>>> In the above words you clearly implied that Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) was lesser or equal to them. Which according to several verses of the Quran, in fact the chore message that Quran delivers, is obviously a misunderstanding. The truth is that he is the best there ever has been and will remain the best, as Allah (swt) Himself has raised him to the Al Maqam Al Mahmud (The Raised and Praised Station) (17:79) unlike any other Prophet or Messenger.<<<

Reply: - I told you earlier that �If Muhammad was superior to all other messengers, would God command him to say that he is not any different from other messengers? Then I told you that Moses was favoured by the fact that he spoke directly to God. The words �higher ranks� may refer to Idris(19:57) Jesus was favoured among other messengers because he was constantly accompanied by the Holy Spirit Gabriel..etc.etc...�

Now I ask you where did you find in my above statement brother that I opined Muhammad was lesser than other messenger? I told you that Muhammad was not superior to all other messenger. That does not mean that mean that Muhammad was lesser in rank. We are directed not to distinguish amongst the messengers.

Now come to your 2nd opinion regarding meaning of verse 17:79. You completely misunderstood brother, don�t mind. Now please read:-

"And during the night, meditate with it for your own benefit and perhaps your Lord may raise you to an honourable rank"

The traditional interpretation of Muslim scholars associate the words "perhaps your Lord may raise you to an honourable rank" to Prophet Muhammad alone, thereby stating that God raised Muhammad to a rank above all others.

The exact rank which God raised Muhammad to is the knowledge of God alone, however, it is necessary to question whether these words in 17:79 speak about Muhammad alone.

To derive the correct meaning, we should start reading from verse 17:73 where God is clearly speaking to Prophet Muhammad, this continues till verse 77 where God is still speaking to Muhammad.

However, in verse 78 God issued the command to observe the Salat at the duluk of the sun. The command to observe the Salat in the Quran is addressed to all believers and not just to Muhammad. Similarly, the invitations to read the Quran at dawn (last words in 17:78), and to meditate with the Quran at night (17:79) are addressed to all believers and not just to Muhammad. It follows that the "honourable rank" which is mentioned in 17:79 is the reward for all believers who observe these acts, and not just Muhammad.

Besides the fact that the name of Muhammad is not mentioned in 17:78 or 17:79, a closer analysis takes us to the significant Arabic word 'asa' which means "perhaps". This word joins the commands for the Salat and reading the Quran, with the reward of the "hounrable rank". This word, and its position, confirms that the "honourable rank" is a reward for the acts mentioned in these two verses, namely observing the Salat and reading the Quran. Since these two acts are decreed upon all believers, then the reward mentioned will also be granted to all believers who observe these acts.

In contrast, what the traditional interpreters are saying is that the believers are to observe the Salat mentioned in 17:78 and also read and meditate with the Quran, especially at dawn, and if they do so, only Prophet Muhammad will receive the reward mentioned in the same verse (honourable rank)!

It has been stated by some scholars that the reason that the words "honourable rank" in 17:79 address Muhammad alone is that the word "you" in the words "raise you to an hounrable rank" is in the singular tense.

However, when we look at the tense of all the other "you" in both 17:78 and 17:9, we find that they are all in the singular tense:

"You (singular) shall observe the Salat from the duluk of the sun until the darkness of the night, also the Quran at dawn; the Quran at dawn is witnessed." 17:78

"And during the night, meditate (singular) for your (singular) own benefit and perhaps your Lord may raise you (singular) to an honourable rank" 17:79.

As a result, unless the Salat and the reading of the Quran are both decreed only upon Muhammad, we conclude that all the words in 17:78 and 17:79 apply to all believers and not just Prophet Muhammad. In these verses, similar to the phrasing of many other Quranic verses, God is addressing every single believer, and the instructions apply to all.

>>>> The difference is in the underlined part of your quoted Verse (above) and mine is below (underlined) that I quoted earlier. You give your explanation based on your own understanding without keeping in mind the explanation of the best generation. But our�s i.e. Majority of the Muslims have the best generation of Muslims, the first generation of the Companions of the Prophet themselves explaining that it was a covenant made with all the Prophets/Messengers in the spiritual realm with Allah (swt) that they will support Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) if he comes in their age. Clearly honoring him above all!<<<

Reply :- It is expected brother, when you discuss about Quran, then you should give reference from Qur�n, not from anything else e.g. best generation, first generation...blaa....blaa... O.k.
Let us first read 3:81 then God willing I can answer your question:

[3:81] God took a covenant from the prophets, "I will give you the scripture and wisdom. Afterwards, a messenger will come to confirm what is with you (of the scripture). You shall believe in him and support him." He said, "Do you agree to this, and accept this responsibility?" They said, "We agree." He said, "Therefore bear witness and bear witness along with you."

1- The words in 3:81 say that a messenger will come to confirm existing scripture, and this messenger will comeafter all the prophets have come, which means after Muhammad as well. Also this messenger will come after all the scripture have been revealed which means after the Quran has been delivered.

If this messenger will come AFTER all the prophets have come and gone, this obviously means that it cannot be Muhammad since Muhammad is one of the prophets. In 3:81 God is speaking to all the prophets and telling them that AFTER they have been given the scripture, after that a messenger will come to confirm the scripture. The Arabic word used is THUMMA which means afterwards.

2- We also read in 3:81 that this messenger will confirm and prove the existing scripture. This speaks about the Quran since the Quran is the only scripture which remains in its original form, the others have been either lost (Injeel) or corrupted (Torah).

Muhammad did not have any proof that the Quran was the word of God, he only delivered the Quran. We are talking here about concrete indisputable proof.

When Muhammad was delivering the Quran, the Jews and Nasara (Christians) asked him to produce a proof or miracle like the miracles of Moses or Jesus so that they believe in him and in the book he was bringing, and he was commanded by God to say he has no miracles and that the miracles will come later and that they should be patient:

�They say, "How come no ayat (miracle or proof) came down to him from his Lord?" Say, "The future belongs to God; so wait, and I am waiting along with you." 10:20

This verse alone proves that Muhammad was not given any proof to confirm that his book (Quran) was from God.

Once again this proves that the messenger in 3:81 cannot be Muhammad because Muhammad never confirmed the Quran (to be the word of God).

There are only 2 verses in all the Quran where God speaks about the covenant God took from the prophets, they are 3:81 and also in 33:7:

�Recall that we took from the prophets their covenant, including you (O Muhammad), Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary. We took from them a solemn pledge.� 33:7

In 33:7 God tells us that Muhammad was one of the prophets who took the oath which is described in detail in 3:81. And if Muhammad was one of the prophets who took the oath to believe in and support a messenger who will come after all the prophets, then Muhammad cannot be that messenger.

We therefore cannot say that Muhammad was the messenger in 3:81, because that would mean that Muhammad took an oath to believe in himself and support himself!

It can be confirmed that 3:81 speaks about a messenger and about a duty for this messenger.

>>>>> Let me correct you here my dear brother. The words in the above 3:81, in Arabic I would like to add as I put in the translation for you as well:

And, when Allah took the covenant of the prophets (Nabiyyina), [saying], "Whatever I give you of the Scripture and wisdom and then there comes to you a messenger (Rasoolun) confirming what is with you, you [must] believe in him and support him."<<<

Reply : Your own statement above even proved that covenant was taken from the Prophetes, that means as Muhammad was a prophet, he was included in the above covenant.
>>> o the fact is that Muhammad is prophesied in all the scriptures, even non biblical, unlike any other Messenger or Prophet that has lived.<<<

Reply :- This is not the subject of the discussion.

>>> Secondly your definition that �Nabi (Prophet) delivers a scripture while Rasool (Messenger) confirms existing scripture.� Is a bit misunderstood. Who is a Nabi (Prophet) and Who is a Messenger (Rasool)?
Every Messenger is a Prophet but every Prophet is not a Messenger.<<<

Reply:- provide me a verse from the Quran, which supports your above understanding.

>>>and Haroon (alaihi Sallam) was only a Prophet (Nabi) not a messenger, as he wasn�t given a separate book. He confirmed the message of Musa (alaihi Sallam).<<<<

Reply :- Give me a Quranic proof in support of your opinion that Haroon was not a messenger.
Brother ponder on it:-

The Quranic definition of Prophet, and how all the prophets were given Scripture to deliver, is also confirmed in the following verse:

"The people used to be one community when God sent the prophets as bearers of good news, as well as warners. He sent down with them the scripture, bearing the truth, to judge among the people in their disputes" 2:213

Prophethood and scripture:
Whenever God mentions prophethood in the Quran, He mentions scripture. The following are some examples:
"Never would a human being whom God blessed with the scripture and prophethood say to the people, "Idolise me beside God." Instead, (he would say), "Devote yourselves absolutely to your Lord alone," according to the scripture you preach and the teachings you learn." 3:79
"Those were the ones to whom we have given the scripture, wisdom, and prophethood. If these people disbelieve, we will substitute others in their place, and the new people will not be disbelievers." 6:89
"We granted him Isaac and Jacob, we assigned to his descendants prophethood and the scriptures, we endowed him with his due recompense in this life, and in the Hereafter he will surely be with the righteous." 29:27
"We have given the Children of Israel the scripture, wisdom, and prophethood, and provided them with good provisions; we bestowed upon them more blessings than any other people." 45:16
"We sent Noah and Abraham, and we granted their descendants prophethood and the scripture. Some of them were guided, while many were wicked." 57:26
Messenger prophet and not, prophet messenger:
In 7:157 God described the Prophet Muhammed as, "the messenger prophet" and not as 'the prophet messenger'. This is not a coincidence, God does not do coincidences! The reason is that not every messenger is a prophet and therefore the word 'prophet' is used to further define and clarify the description of that messenger.
Moses, the messenger prophet:
In 19:51, Moses was described by God as a "messenger prophet" (Rasoulan Nabyya), and not as a prophet messenger (Nabyyan Rasoula).
Ismail, the messenger prophet:
In 19:54, Ismail is described with the same words, "Rasoulan Nabyyan".
The reason is that, not every Rasoul (Messenger) is a Nabi (Prophet), but every Prophet (Nabi) is a Messenger (Rasoul), so God defined the word Rasoul by adding to it "Nabyya". In other words, Ismail was a messenger and also a prophet. God does not make mistakes and He does not place His words in a haphazard sequence, it is meant to be in this order.
The question is: if every messenger is also a prophet, why would God need to describe Muhammad, Moses or Ismail as "messenger prophets"?
Other examples are found in the Quran to clarify this description:
Human being messenger:
"Am I more than a human messenger (Basharan Rasoula)" 17:93
Notice the words " a human messenger" and not 'a messenger human'.
The reason is that not every human is a messenger while every messenger from among us is a human (unless stated otherwise by God, such as an angel messenger).

17:94, has the same expression again, human messenger, and not not messenger human.

"Messenger nor a prophet":

Perhaps one of the strongest indications in the Quran that the words prophet and messenger do not have the same meaning, is found in the following verse:

"We did not send before you any messenger nor a prophet, without having the devil interfere in his wishes. God records what the devil has done then God perfects His revelations. God is Omniscient, Most Wise." 22:52

If the words prophet and messenger had the same meaning God would not be saying "messenger nor a prophet", would He? Had the two words had exactly the same meaning, then mentioning one of them would have been sufficient.

It can be established that the definition of a messenger is someone who delivers a message from God. As a result, all prophets are also messengers since they deliver a message from God. There is no dispute among all scholars about this truth so there is no need to elaborate.

The next step is to establish whether God makes any difference between prophets and messengers, or are they all the same?
According to all the verses presented above and in particular 22:52 where God uses the word �messenger NOR a prophet�we have clear proof that the two words (messenger and prophet) do not have identical meanings.
If these two words were identical in meaning there would be no need for God to say �messenger NOR a prophet�.

Now that we have established that some messengers are not prophets, we can inquire as to what exactly is the difference between the two. As we have seen (above), we are told in 3:81 that after all the prophets have come and also all the scripture sent, a messenger will come to confirm the scripture. Since Muhammad was one of the prophets who took this covenant (33:7), then he cannot be the messenger who will come after all the scripture and prophets. Muhammad would not be required to take a covenant to believe in himself and support himself! We also note from 3:81 that the messenger who will come after Muhammad (who is the last prophet) will not deliver a scripture since the Quran is the last scripture, but he will confirm the scripture.

So brother, pl. don�t place any tradition over Qur�n.

>>> (33:40) [And know, O believers, that] Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but is God's Apostle and the Seal of all Prophets.
Muhammad Asad gives the following explanation on the highlighted word:
�the last of the prophets, just as a seal (khatam) marks the end of a document; apart from this, the term khatam is also synonymous with khitam, the "end" or "conclusion" of a thing: from which it follows that the message revealed through Muhammad the Qur'an must be regarded as the culmination and the end of all prophetic revelation�
Khatam means the seal and not what you described. In fact all scholars of the Ummah for the past 15 centuries have held on to this explanation of the term Khatam as Seal. The people in our times or those who reject hadith haven�t discovered something which Muslims for centuries were unaware of.<<<

Reply :- Brother, I don�t know why do you beat about the bush? I said to you as per verse 33:40 that Muhammad was the LAST prophet( May I expect that you know what does mean to say �the Last� ), but not the last messenger.

>>> I hate to differ with you but I am forced to because of your incorrect understanding of the Book of Allah (swt) while claiming to be knowing it perfectly. The fact that Quran itself orders the Muslims to go to those more knowledgeable breaks the understanding you have about following scholarship.
"So ask the people of remembrance, if you do not know" (16:43).
"A band from each community should stay behind to gain instruction in religion and to warn the people when they return to them, so that they may take heed" (9:122).<<<

Reply:- Brother, you please show me at first where Quran says us Muhammad was the last messenger?

>>> Surah Taubah, Verse 31 is not a warning not to obey scholars, it is a warning against following those who distort the meaning of the text.<<<

Reply:- If you don�t want to see then I can�t help you brother. The verse clearly warns us �we should not set up any religious leaders and scholars as lords, instead of God�. Any scholars opinion should not be followed, if it is not supported by Qur�n.
>>> Do you even know what the words Isra means and its different shades of meaning?<<

Reply:- If you know well more than me then please tell me at first. The I shall, InshAllah, reply to you.

>>> First understand the words of the Quran then the Hadith of Isra Wa�al Miraj.<<<

Reply:- Brother, you please try to understand the Qur�n With the Quran. Not with the fairy tell.

>>>They are in agreement and that is what the Muslims have been following.<<<

Reply: All the Christians are in agreement that Jesus is the Lord!!! What can I do brother for them?

>>> How can I discuss when you quote Quran out of context? Your post is a clear example of how Muslims can be misled in Islam if either they take Quran out of context or/and reject hadith of our beloved Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam).<<<

Reply:- From which verse of the Quran you deduce that we should follow prophetic hadith besides Qur�n?

Date Posted: 22 September 2016 at 3:26am
Salam brother Syed,

....the reply of the rest of your question, you arose

>>>>Where does these verses imply that the Prophet�s words should not be followed who himself was a walking Quran? <<<<

Reply :- In Qur�n Almighty God clearly instructs us that we should not follow �ANY HADITH OTHER THAN GOD� (45:6, 7:185, 77:50).

Do you know brother, what does mean to say �any hadith other than God�?

You said that �Since Allah has explicitly mentioned throughout the Quran that the words of the Prophet should ALSO be obeyed�.

>>> Since Allah has explicitly mentioned throughout the Quran that the words of the Prophet should also be obeyed<<<

Reply :- Where brother it has been mentioned? Is it in Qur�n OR any other place?

>>> Those who reject the hadith literature will never understand the meaning of �until they make you the judge�. It clearly implies turning towards the Quran and the Sunnah.
(49:7) And know that God's Apostle is among you: were he to comply with your inclinations in each and every case, you would be bound to come to harm [as a community].
Even a simple minded reader would agree that since the Prophet is not physically present among us, his being �among you� means his example, his Sunnah being among us is an example for our behavior towards ones another.<<<

Reply : Brother, don�t be emotional. You should give proof/reference from Qur�n in support of your opinion without distorting the meaning of any verse.

I again say that the words �until they make you judge� clearly indicate that the instructions in 4:65 applied to the time of the Prophet and not today, for how can we seek a dead man to judge our personal disputes? Let us say two men disputed among themselves with regards to some conditions or terms of a joint business arrangement between them, how can they go to the grave of the Prophet to ask him to judge their dispute?

>>>>> Understanding the Quran in Isolation leaves you with confusion again. Allah (swt) makes it abundantly clear that the Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) has earned the highest station in the paradise and the hereafter which none before him ever attained neither will be attained by any one!
(17:79) And from [part of] the night, pray with it as additional [worship] for you; it is expected that your Lord will resurrect you to a praised station (Al Maqam Al Mahmud).
What is Al Maqam Al Mahmud? Since those who reject hadith will never figure out. But those who Obey Allah and Obey the Messenger will always know<<<

Reply:- You please understand the Qur�n with the Qur�n, not anything else.m Reg. verse 17:79, I have already replied.

>>>> My question to you is what do you know about Ilm Al Hadith (Sciences of Hadith).

Hazrat Ali said "A person is an enemy of what he has no knowledge of".

If you claim all Hadith literature that Muslim held on to for the past 15 centuries is not authentic then please explain how<<<

Reply :- It is not required to me to know the science of any fairy tell to observe Islam. I know Qur�n is the only Source of law of Islam as per Its claim and IT is also fully detailed, perfect & complete.

Regarding Muslim held on to for the past 15 centuries................... I can give you many example that other community also held there literature from many centuries ago. Then will it be acceptable brother?

Rayhan

Date Posted: 22 September 2016 at 3:35am
Brother Syed,

I want know your views regarding the following points for healthy discussions on Quran between us, which are as follows:-

1.     Do you believe that Quran is clear and comprehensible?

�A.L.R. These are the signs of the clear book.� 12:1

�We have made it (the Quran) easy to understand and in your own tongue (language) that you may take heed� 44:58

2.     Do you believe that The Quran is straightforward and without crookedness?

"An Arabic Quran, without any crookedness, that they may take heed" 39:28.

3.     Do you believe that the word of God is complete in the Quran?

�The Word of your Lord is complete in truth and in justice� 6:115

4.     Do you believe The Quran is the only source of law and fully detailed?

"We did not leave anything out of this book� 6:38

�Shall I seek other than God as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?� 6:114

�The word of your Lord is complete, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient� 6:115

�This is not fabricated �hadith�; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a guidance and mercy for those who believe� 12:111

�We have revealed to you this book to provide explanations for everything, and guidance and mercy and good news for the submitters� 16:89.

If you don�t believe on these points mentioned above, then the discussions may not give any fruitful results and this should be stopped here.

Rayhan

Date Posted: 23 September 2016 at 4:44am
Wa'alaikum salaam,

Dear brother Rayhan, yes, that is for you, my questions simple enough:

1. Do you believe hadith ?
2. To whom you imitate salah/shalat ?

Wassalaam.

Asep

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net