Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 5:42am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Recitation of Prophet(saw) in prayers
Posted By: fatima
Subject: Recitation of Prophet(saw) in prayers
Date Posted: 19 February 2006 at 4:58am

bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Imam Ahmad recorded that `Umar bin Al-Khattab asked Abu Waqid Al-Laythi, "What did the Prophet recite during the `Id Prayer'' Abu Waqid said, "Surah Qaf and Surat Iqtarabat [i.e. Surat Al-Qamar (54)].'' Muslim and the Four Collectors of the Sunan collected this Hadith. Imam Ahmad recorded that Umm Hisham bint Harithah said, "For around two years, or a year and a part of another year, our oven and the oven of the Prophet was one and the same. I memorized Surah, (Qaf. By the Glorious Qur'an.) from the tongue of the Messenger of Allah who used to recite it every Friday while standing on the Minbar delivering the Friday sermon to the people.'' Muslim collected this Hadith. Abu Dawud also recorded that the daughter of Al-Harith bin An-Nu`man said, "I only memorized Surah Qaf from the mouth of the Messenger of Allah who used to recite it in every Friday Khutbah. Our oven and the oven of the Messenger was one and the same.'' Muslim and An-Nasa'i collected this Hadith. Therefore, the Messenger of Allah used to recite this Surah during large gatherings such as the `Ids and during Friday sermons. He did so because this Surah contains news of the beginning of creation, Resurrec- tion, the Return, Standing (before Allah), the Reckoning, Paradise, the Fire, Allah's reward and punishment, lessons of encouragement, and lessons of discouragement. Allah knows best.

Malik narrated that Jubayr bin Mut`im said, "I heard the Prophet reciting Surat At-Tur while praying Maghrib. Surely, I have never heard a more beautiful voice or recitation than his recitation.''

Imam Ahmad recorded that Zirr said that a man said [to Ibn Mas`ud]: "How is this recited: "Ma'in Ghayri Yasin or Asin'' He asked him, "Are you that proficient in reciting the whole Qur'an'' He replied, "I recite the Mufassal section in one Rak`ah.'' So he said, "Woe to you! Do you recite the Qur'an in haste, as if it is poetry I know that the Prophet used to recite two Surahs from the beginning of the Mufassal section (in one Rak`ah).''

Ibn `Abbas and Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah's Messenger used to recite Surat Al-Jumu`ah and Surat Al-Munafiqin during the Friday Prayer. Muslim collected this Hadith in his Sahih.

Sahih Muslim from Ibn `Abbas that the Messenger of Allah used to recite Surat Al-Insan in the Morning prayer on Friday

In a report from Malik on the authority of Ibn `Abbas, he narrated that Umm Al-Fadl (his mother) heard him (Ibn `Abbas) reciting (By the Mursalat `Urfa.) (77:1) so she said, "O my son! You reminded me with your recitation of this Surat. Verily, it is the last thing I heard from the Messenger of Allah . He recited it in the Maghrib prayer (i.e., before he died).''

An-Nasa'i recorded from Jabir that Mu`adh stood and lead the people in the Night prayer, and he made the recitation of his prayer long. So the Prophet said, (Are you putting the people to trial O Mu`adh Why don't you recite (Glorify the Name of your Lord the Most High) (87), (By the forenoon) (93), and (When the heaven is cleft asunder) (82))'' The basis of this Hadith is found in the Two Sahihs,

An-Nasa'i recorded that Jabir said, "Mu`adh lead the Maghrib prayer and he recited Al-Baqarah and An-Nisa'. So the Prophet said, (Are you putting the people to trial O Mu`adh! Was it not sufficient for you to recite As-Sama'i wat-Tariq, and Ash-Shamsi wa Duhaha, and something like them)

Wassalam

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net