Print Page | Close Window

another question

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35937
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 1:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: another question
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: another question
Date Posted: 10 April 2016 at 8:49pm
Greetings,

I have another question.
Do muslims learn the ten commandments?

The ten commandments of God given to Moses?  (written on tablets, kept in the ark, in the tabernacle of the Lord)

If Muhammad followed the God of Abraham, the God of Moses, does it make sense that he did not teach the ten commandments in his qur'an?  or to his people?
Did he?

Shukran for replies, and asalaam.

-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Replies:
Date Posted: 11 April 2016 at 10:34pm
I'd also like to ask:

Do muslims 'keep Holy the Sabbath'?
Is that the purpose of their Friday prayers?

-------------
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis

Posted By: iec786
Date Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:27am
Greetings,

The Ten commandments were for the Jews.Muslims need not learn the ten commandments.

Did Abraham teach the ten Commandments???

The Quran belongs to Allah and not the prophet Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.

Date Posted: 13 April 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

Greetings,

The Ten commandments were for the Jews.Muslims need not learn the ten commandments.

Did Abraham teach the ten Commandments???

The Quran belongs to Allah and not the prophet Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.

Greetings Ismail,

Hi, it's been a long time.  I pray that you have been well.

So, are you saying that muslims do not know the ten commandments of God given to Moses?

(If muslims revere Moses as a prophet (and his God), shouldn't they know the ten commandments that were given to him?)

asalaam and blessings.

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: airmano
Date Posted: 15 April 2016 at 4:40am
Quote IEC:
...Muhammad (SAW) WHO IS WAS AND WILL BE THE LAST PROPHET.

I guess you are right, the time of [self-proclaimed] prophets is probably over.
In this sense I very much hope that Mohamed was really the last one, even if this is not the sense you try to insinuate.

Airmano

-------------
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")

Date Posted: 15 April 2016 at 12:24pm
Can any muslim explain Friday prayers to me?

I know why the Jewish people 'keep the Sabbath'... the 7th day, day of rest

and I know why Christians keep Sunday Holy,

but I do not know why muslims have their prayer meetings on Friday?

Shukran and salaam.

-------------
Blessed be God forever

Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 23 April 2016 at 11:58am
In ch 62 v 9 of Quran Allah says whenever a call of prayer is announced rush to mosque to offer prayers

Posted By: AlkitabAdvocate
Date Posted: 23 August 2018 at 7:22pm
https://topicsfromquran.com/2017/12/22/al-sabt-and-companions-of-the-al-sabt-rest/" rel="nofollow - https://topicsfromquran.com/2017/12/22/al-sabt-and-companions-of-the-al-sabt-rest/

Al-Kitab concept of Al-Sabt/The rest is different than 'concept of Sabbath'. The link to above post reviews the Al-Sabt concept in Quran.

Posted By: asep garut
Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

For Muslims, Friday is the most special day among other days because on that day there are many privileges, fadhilah (virtue) and the secret behind Friday. And among the secrets behind Friday is the existence of extraordinary events, as the Prophet Muhammad said:

خَيْرُ يَوْمٍ طَلَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشَّمْسُ يَوْمُ الْجُمُعَةِ فِيهِ خُلِقَ آدَمُ وَفِيهِ �£ُدْخِلَ الْجَنَّةَ وَفِيهِ �£ُخْرِجَ مِنْهَا وَلاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ إِلاَّ فِى يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ

“A good day when the sun rises is Friday. That day was the day when Adam was created, the day when Adam was put into heaven, and the day when Adam was taken out of heaven, and Judgment Day does not occur except on Friday.” (Narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurairah)

That is why Muslims have their prayer meetings on Friday, and many more.

Posted By: MIAW
Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

For Muslims, Friday is the most special day among other days because on that day there are many privileges, fadhilah (virtue) and the secret behind Friday. And among the secrets behind Friday is the existence of extraordinary events, as the Prophet Muhammad said:

خَيْرُ يَوْمٍ طَلَعَتْ عَلَيْهِ الشَّمْسُ يَوْمُ الْجُمُعَةِ فِيهِ خُلِقَ آدَمُ وَفِيهِ �£ُدْخِلَ الْجَنَّةَ وَفِيهِ �£ُخْرِجَ مِنْهَا وَلاَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ إِلاَّ فِى يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ

“A good day when the sun rises is Friday. That day was the day when Adam was created, the day when Adam was put into heaven, and the day when Adam was taken out of heaven, and Judgment Day does not occur except on Friday.” (Narrated by Muslim from Abu Hurairah)

Yes Asep, Jazakallahu Khairan,

Friday is indeed very special to Muslims... so special that there's a chapter in the Qur'an named after it. Here is an extract from that chapter:

Qur'an [62:9]
{9} يَا �£َيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): that is best for you if ye but knew!

{10} فَإِذَا قُضِيَتِ الصَّلَاةُ فَانْتَشِرُوا فِي الْ�£َرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “We (Muslims) are the last (of the nations) but (we will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection,  although the former nations were given their scriptures before us and we were given our after them. And this (Friday) is the day concerning which they disputed. So Allaah guided us (to it), tomorrow (i.e., Saturday) is for the Jews and the day after (i.e., Sunday) is for the Christians.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Jumu’ah, 847). 

It was also narrated (by al-Bukhaari) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On this day Adam was created, on this day he entered Paradise and on this day he was expelled from it.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Jumu’ah, 1410) 

Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by MIAW MIAW wrote:

Originally posted by asep garut asep garut wrote:

Shukran and salaam.

Caringheart,

Yes Asep, Jazakallahu Khairan,

Friday is indeed very special to Muslims... so special that there's a chapter in the Qur'an named after it. Here is an extract from that chapter:

Qur'an [62:9]
{9} يَا �£َيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): that is best for you if ye but knew!

{10} فَإِذَا قُضِيَتِ الصَّلَاةُ فَانْتَشِرُوا فِي الْ�£َرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “We (Muslims) are the last (of the nations) but (we will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection,  although the former nations were given their scriptures before us and we were given our after them. And this (Friday) is the day concerning which they disputed. So Allaah guided us (to it), tomorrow (i.e., Saturday) is for the Jews and the day after (i.e., Sunday) is for the Christians.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Jumu’ah, 847). 

It was also narrated (by al-Bukhaari) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On this day Adam was created, on this day he entered Paradise and on this day he was expelled from it.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Jumu’ah, 1410) 

Yes MIAW, Jazakallahu Khairan Katsiran..

Posted By: DavidC
Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:23pm
I notice God has never picked Mondays.

-------------
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 3:15am
Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

I notice God has never picked Mondays.

Yes DavidC, the special days of the Apostles are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As for that Monday in all the history of the Prophets there is nothing specialize for them, besides that, Monday is only the beginning of the creation of trees and other types of plants.

Posted By: ovibos
Date Posted: 11 December 2018 at 7:23pm

Greetings,

If Muhammad followed the God of Abraham, the God of Moses, does it make sense that he did not teach the ten commandments in his qur'an?  or to his people?
Did he?

Shukran for replies, and asalaam.
Hi Caringheart, sorry for the late reply :D

Yes, Muhammad is follower of Abraham. 
Ten Commandments is given to Moses, not to Abraham, so it makes perfect sense that we (muslims) don't observe the Sabbath since Abraham never did too. 
We do circumcise, however, since Abraham and Ishmael circumcise too.

-------------
God commands justice, doing good, and generosity towards relatives and He forbids what is shameful, blameworthy, and oppressive. He teaches you, so that you may take heed (Quran 16:90)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net