Forum Description: Prophets Muhammad
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33443
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 7:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Majestic Muhammad (pbuhf)
Posted By: Muslim75
Subject: Majestic Muhammad (pbuhf)
Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 8:53am
The first time Jibril (peace on him) came to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), he told Muhammad: "read". He told him that 3 times. Muhammad does not know how to read.

Surah 9 starts without the Name of Allah. It starts without Bismillah Rahman Rahim. It ends with two verses in praise of Muhammad.

This is a testimony from the Qur'an of the supreme greatness of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)

Replies:
Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 9:17am
The Mosque of the Prophet. The Tomb of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is beneath the green dome, as well as those of Abu Bakr and Umar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flickr_-_omar_chatriwala_-_The_Enlightened_City.jpg - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flickr_-_omar_chatriwala_-_The_%22Enlightened%22_City.jpg

The Tomb of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) beneath the green dome, and those of Abu Bakr and Umar (may God be well pleased with them) 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tombstone_of_Umar_%28r.a%29by_mohammad_adil_rais.JPG - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tombstone_of_Umar_(r.a)by_mohammad_adil_rais.JPG

The graves of Companions of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), respectively Abu Ubayda and Abdurrahman Ibn awf, in Jordan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flickr_-_omar_chatriwala_-_The_Enlightened_City.jpg - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flickr_-_omar_chatriwala_-_The_%22Enlightened%22_City.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%89_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AF_%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%84_%D8%B6%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AD_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%84_%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86_%D8%A8%D9%86_%D8%B9%D9%88%D9%81.jpg - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%89_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%AF_%D8%AD%D9%88%D9%84_%D8%B6%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%AD_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AD%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%84_%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86_%D8%A8%D9%86_%D8%B9%D9%88%D9%81.jpg

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 9:20am
"(Prayer of Allah on the one) before whose generosity the clouds and the seas lowered themselves."

"O Allah pray on the Unlettered Prophet who is more radiant than the full moon, and more generous than the cloud carrying water and the masses of water of the sea."

"O Allah pray on him whose light made the flowers to blossom."

Imam Jazuli

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 9:25am

"If those who love the people of the household of Muhammad are called heretics, let all men and jinns bear witness that I am a heretic."

Imam Shafi

"(....)The source of the divine mercy, sparkling like diamond, certain in his truth, embracing the center of intellingences and meanings"
Ahmad Tijani talking about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) 

Rumi said that Allah Azza Wa Jall told Muhammad through inspiration: "Stay only with the lovers, from others, stay away''

"I am dust under the feet of Muhammad, the chosen one (Al Mustafa)"
Rumi

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 9:37am

"By Allah, Allah will never disgrace you, for by Allah, you keep good relations with your Kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, entertain your guests generously and assist those who are stricken with calamities."

Khadija Al Kubra, speaking to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)

"Were you to look at his facial traits
They shine like a lightning thunder blaze"

Aisha, talking about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)

Juwayria, the Mother of the Believers (may God be well pleased with her) was known for her great beauty. Aisha says the instant she saw her, she knew Muhammad would marry her. This a Hadith of Juwayria:

"The Mother of the Believers Juwayria Bint Al Harith said that the Prophet came out from her apartment in the morning as she was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found her sitting there. The Prophet said, "Are you still in the same position as I left you. She said yes. Thereupon the Prophet said: I recited four words three times after I had left you, if they were to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, they would be heavier. These are: Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

Glory and Praise to Allah, as many times as the number of His creatures, and as many times as the Good Pleasure of His Self,  and the weight of His Throne, and the ink that may be used in writing His words."  (Muslim)

The owner of the Throne is the most glorious (Ahmadu in Arabic)
And here on earth is the most praised one (Muhammadu in Arabic)

Abu Talib

Abu Bakr said: "Revere Muhammad by revering the members of his family." (Bukhari)

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 10:16am
Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) calls to him one of his most famous Companions, Ubayy Ibn Ka'b (may God be well pleased with him), but Ubayy did not respond because he was praying. When he later explained it to Muhammad, Muhammad rebuked him:

Narrated Abu Hurairah, that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) came out to Ubayy bin Ka'b, and the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "O Ubayy!" And he was performing Salat, so Ubayy turned around but he did not respond to him, so Ubayy finished his Salat quickly. Then he turned to the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) and said: 'As-Salamu 'Alaikum, O Messenger of Allah!' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'Wa 'Alaikum As-Salam - what prevented you from responding to me when I called you Ubayy?' He said: 'O Messenger of Allah! I was performing Salat.' So he said: 'Do you not find among what Allah revealed to me: Respond to Allah and to the Messenger when they call you to what gives you life?' He said: 'Of course, I shall not repeat that, if Allah wills.' He said: 'Would you like for me to teach you a Surah the likes of which has neither been revealed in the Tawrah (the Torah), nor the Injil (the Gospel), nor the Zabur (the Psalms), nor in the entire Qur'an?' He said: "Yes, O Messenger of Allah!' The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'What do you recite in your Salat?' He said: 'I recite Umm Al-Qur'an.' So the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: 'By the One in Whose Hand is my soul! The like of it has neither been revealed in the Tawrah, nor the Injil nor the Zabur, nor in the Furqan. It is the seven oft-repeated, and the Magnificent Qur'an which I was given.'"

(Tirmidhi)

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 10:31am
Hadith: "The Mother of the Believers Juwayria Bint Al Harith said that the Prophet came out from her apartment in the morning as she was busy in performing the dawn prayer. He came back in the forenoon and found her sitting there. The Prophet said, "Are you still in the same position as I left you. She said yes. Thereupon the Prophet said: I recited four words three times after I had left you, if they were to be weighed against all you have recited since morning, they would be heavier. These are: Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

Glory and Praise to Allah, as many times as the number of His creatures, and as many times as the Good Pleasure of His Self,  and the weight of His Throne, and the ink that may be used in writing His words."  (Muslim)

"(....) O Allah pray on him (Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family) as many times as the weight of Your Throne, and as many times as the summit of Your Good Pleasure, and the ink that may be used in writing Your words, and the maximum of Your mercy." 

Muhammad Al Jazuli

"O Allah pray on our leader Muhammad as You prayed on our leader Ibrahim and bless our leader Muhammad and the family of our leader Muhammad, as You blessed the family of our leader Ibrahim, in the universes, You are Praiseworthy and Glorious; as many times as the number of Your creatures, and as many times as the Good Pleasure of His Self, and the ink that may be used in writing Your words..."

Muhammad Al Jazuli

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 10:42am

There was a woman who lost a loved one (probably an uncle) at Badr, because he was executed by order of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). She composed some poetry on the occasion about the event, in which she talked about the loved one she lost. In this poetry she also praised Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family). She later became Muslim. Parts of her praise of Muhammad are:

"O Muhammad, are you not the best man begotten from a good woman
And from such a nation and your fathers were really great men"

and

"What harm would it have done if you pardoned him ?"

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) was pleased with the poem. He said that had he come to know about it, he would have pardoned that man.

Date Posted: 19 April 2015 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Muslim75 Muslim75 wrote:

The first time Jibril (peace on him) came to Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), he told Muhammad: "read". He told him that 3 times. Muhammad does not know how to read.

Surah 9 starts without the Name of Allah. It starts without Bismillah Rahman Rahim. It ends with two verses in praise of Muhammad.

This is a testimony from the Qur'an of the supreme greatness of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

Some object and argue that the Book of Allah is very clear, there is no looking for deep meanings and symbolisms, or making inferences. They say the Qur'an is very straightforward, very direct, not needing interpretations, but should rather be taken very literally. I reply that this is not so. The Qur'an is not to be taken very literally as the following excerpt gives an indication to it: "Said one who had knowledge of the Book: I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" (Surah 27, V 40)

This is not even about the Qur'an, but the Zabur. For the Qur'an it's yet greater and much greater. So yes, the Qur'an must be understood with depth and great seriousness. In addition, in the light of this fact, one must realise that the warning is very strong against those who do not recognize the most special holy status of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family): "When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed the Messenger of Allah." Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars." (Surah 63, V 1)

Vision of Allah
Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said that on the Day of Judgment the believers will see Allah Azza Wa Jall. He said this to his Companions telling them they will see Allah Azza Wa Jall the same way they were seeing the moon, for instance, in this life.

This can also be the case in this life. There is no reason why it should be only on the Day of Judgment. A proof of that is that Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) repeatedly talked about things he saw or did in the heavens. In other words, it's not restricted to the other life only.

The Qur'an said about Musa (peace on him): "By no means canst thou see me" (Surah 7, V 143). But the Qur'an says about Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family): "And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or nearer" (Surah 53, V 9) and "His sight never swerved, nor did it go wrong" (Surah 53, V 17). So seeing Allah Azza Wa Jall is possible for Muhammad (peace be upon him and family). He is most special and holy.

Date Posted: 21 April 2015 at 12:34pm
At Hudaybiya, Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) signed a treaty with the Pagans. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) had agreed to very humiliating conditions.

Urwa Ibn Mas'ud (or someone else) was delegated among the Pagans to go talk to Muhammad. Arabs were used to holding each other's beard when talking. Urwa held the beard of Muhammad while talking to him, many times. Whenever he would seize the beard of Muhammad, Al Mughira would push his hand away with the tip of his sword, saying, "avert your hand from the beard of Rasulullah". Urwa was surprised and asked who this was (since he could not recognize him because he was wearing an armour). The Companions said: "he is Al Mughira".

When the treaty was being made, it was Ali who was writing. Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) made him write "the Messenger of God" (Rasulullah), to which the Pagans objected saying they do not recognize that he is the Messenger of God; and that it should be written "Muhammad" only. Muhammad asked Ali to erase the word "Rasulullah" and write Muhammad instead. Ali said he could not do it.

So Muhammad asked him to show him where it is written and when Ali showed him, Muhammad erased it himself.

During the negociations, a Pagan told Muhammad that he was alone, that these Companions will leave him. Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) was infuriated and told him more or less: "go suck the clitoris of Al Lat. Are we the ones who will leave him ?"

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) after the treaty was signed, had problems with the Companions who were unhappy with the humiliating conditions. He told them do this or that, and they would not move. He went to see his wife Umm Salama (may God be well pleased with her) and asked her to give him and advice. She told him to just proceed with what he wanted to do. As soon as Muhammad did that, the Companions rushed to him, to follow and do like him.

Note: there may be some mistakes in my narration, as I speak from memory.

Date Posted: 22 April 2015 at 12:08pm

"Mention (O Muhammad) in the Book..."

Surah 19, V 16-41-51-54-56

Date Posted: 23 April 2015 at 12:30pm
"And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or nearer"

Surah 53, V 9

Such is Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

Date Posted: 26 April 2015 at 6:08am
The Prince of the Faithful Umar (may Allah be well pleased with him) used to give to Usama, son of Zaid, more than he would give to his own son Abdullah.

He explained it to his son saying that Muhammad(peace be upon him and his family) loved Usama more than he loved Abdullah; and he loved Zaid, the father of Usama more than he loved Umar himself, the father of Abdullah.

Date Posted: 26 April 2015 at 6:12am
Ibn Abbas (may Allah be well pleased with them both) explains that as a child he used to sleep in the same bed as Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) and Maymuna, which was Ibn Abbas's aunt. Ibn Abbas is also the cousin of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)

When Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) would rise to pray, Ibn Abbas would also rise and stand by his side. He explains that he stood to the left side of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) and Muhammad moved him to his right side. He describes how Muhammad would caress him, how Muhammad would caress his ear. This is a wonderful narrative, to be found in Bukhari.

Date Posted: 27 April 2015 at 6:02am

On one occasion the people suffered drought. The Prince of the Faithful (Amir Al Mu'minin) Umar asked Al Abbas, the uncle of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) to pray for rain.

Umar said that during the time of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family), they would go to him to ask him to pray for rain. Now that Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is not here any more, they ask his uncle to pray for rain.

Date Posted: 29 April 2015 at 6:04am
Aisha, may Allah be well pleased with her said that the personality of Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) was the Holy Qur'an.

It is exactly as Allah Azza Wa Jall said: "he does not speak out of his own desire. It is no less than inspiration sent down to him." (Surah 53, V 3-4)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net