Print Page | Close Window

Iran and social changes

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Regional
Forum Name: Middle East
Forum Description: Middle East
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32555
Printed Date: 21 September 2019 at 7:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Iran and social changes
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: Iran and social changes
Date Posted: 10 December 2014 at 4:30pm
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30391593 - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30391593

Despite Iran's strict Islamic laws, increasing numbers of young couples are choosing to live together before marriage. It has become so prevalent that the office of the Supreme Leader has issued a statement expressing deep disapproval, as BBC Persian's Rana Rahimpour reports.



I wonder too, if there are muslims also co-habitating who live in the U.K. and other parts.

All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.  :-(
God's requirement for intimacy is marriage first.


-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis



Replies:
Posted By: Emettman
Date Posted: 11 December 2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:


All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.


You say that as if it's a bad thing.
It's widely true, but not everywhere.

Quote
(God's requirement for intimacy is marriage first.

Well, that's what a fair few authorities would have ordinary folk believe, certainly.
And there are social reasons in its favour.
And a few against it being a rigid rule.
Either which way, in most places and times men have tended to have the best of it. That's a tradition that still needs some updating.


Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 11 December 2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:


All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.
It's widely true, but not everywhere.


Greetings Emettman,

It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.
Just look at the state of the world.

"As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live."

God supports the necessary structure of the family.

asalaam.


-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis


Posted By: Emettman
Date Posted: 11 December 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:


.
Greetings Emettman,It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.Just look at the state of the world.


Oh I do. The terrible state of nations with high levels of atheism: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark...
And the wonderful state of those with high levels of theism: shall we start with Nigeria and go on from there?

Canada has higher rates of atheism than the USA,
Australia and New Zealand higher rates than anywhere in the Middle East.

In the region where I live over half the existing religious buildings (chapels and churches)have become redundant or converted to other uses as houses, offices etc.
Civilization has not collapsed around here.
Art and culture thrives.

I'm not quite sure what you are seeing.








Posted By: Sufi
Date Posted: 26 October 2016 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:



Originally posted by Emettman Emettman wrote:

Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:


All people, everywhere, believe less and less in God.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.
It's widely true, but not everywhere.
Greetings Emettman,It absolutely, without a doubt, is a bad thing.Just look at the state of the world.<span ="st"="">"As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live."God supports the necessary structure of the family.asalaam.</span>

Yes its right...



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net