URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3234
Printed Date: 10 May 2024 at 12:02pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Please advise me...
Posted By: zenib1978
Subject: Please advise me...
Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:00pm

Asslamu'alikum,
My mother passed away a month ago, I was with her in Pakitan when she died, I am originally from the UK. I hadn't been to Pakistan for 22 yrs.  I met most of my relatives for the first time.

My mum died very suddenly of a heart attack she was absolutely fine the night before and in the morning she died. when she died my mums side of the family accused me and my father of killing her, i gave them the benefit if the doubt and carried on talking to them. My mum gave them some money to look after which they denied having, and when I told them I knew they had the money they handed it over. when me and my brosthers and sisters and father came back to england, we heard they were still claimimg we had killed her.

Allah talla is my witness and knows what happened that day and He knows that nothing untoward happened and we did not kill her. It was Allahs' will that she was taken, and a test to us if we children return to the right path and mashallah my sister and i are praying 5 times for the first time in our lives and rememeber Allah in everything that we do.

But I have read we are not allowed to break ties with our relatives.  I find it really hard to talk to my relatives after they accused me of this horrible thing, it makes me want to cry just thinking of it. I couldn't ever do anything to hurt my mum never mind kill my mum I love her soo much and it hurts so much that I will never hear her voice whilst I am alive, inshallah I will continue rememebring allah and praying for the rest of my life, but what scares me is that I may not be allowed in heaven if I break ties with these realtives.

I am really finding it hard to talk to them, as within conversation the say bad things about my dad or make digs at me. My father is the only person I have now, my mother will never see my kids and I am not going to deny them their grandfather, but they want us to break ties with our dad.

What do I do, I am trying to be patient with my mothers death and not break down at every thing that reminds me of her and when I do remember her I pray for her. Please help me as my mums sister who was one of the people who accused me of this horrible thing phoned today and I couldn't talk to her so I hung up, but just now I have read i will never see heaven if i break ties with relatives, please tell me what to do. 
I am sorry to have rambled but I am so worried about this.
Wassalam

Replies:
Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:11pm
Zenib1978-I think falsely accusing someone of murder is worse than breaking ties with relatives, don't you? I think you should keep your distance from whoever is making bad remarks about you and your dad and protect yourself and your children. Peace

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:17pm

Salaam  Jenni,

thanks for responding so quick, that is what I thought but I was still worried of commiting  a sin, I'll just keep praying that they stop saying nasty things about me and my dad.

Thanks again, take care

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:31pm

there is possibility of them harming you, so the most logical thing to do right now is to keep distance

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 11:07pm

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Zenib,

Ma'ShahAllah that you are praying five times a day.  That's wonderful, hun, keep it up!

I agree with Jenni and ak.  It's your job to protect your children.  They have a right not to be exposed to vicious lies.  If those people really believed that, they should have charged you.  Since obviously they didn't report you to the authorities, they had no evidence and need to keep quiet.

With time they may see that you are not going to buckle in to their pressure.  Because they sound exactly like the kind of people who would accuse you on the one hand and then say you'll go to hell for not talking to them.

You need to grieve your dear mum.  Do they have grievance counseling in the UK?  Do you think it would help you?  Why don't you focus on getting healthy by dealing with her death and how it has impacted your life and try really hard to ignore callous people at least until you are healed.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 4:07am

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

Zenib, mabrook alal-hidayat.  It's great that you've started praying.  I'm sorry about your mother;  in sha allah, you just have to trust that she's in a better place.

As for y our relatives.   I think your heart has already told you what is right islamically (ma sha allah).  As you are already aware, cutting off relations with  family is a sin.  It's terrible that they've accused you of murder.   But just because their sinning doesn't mean you have to.  Your aunt is a part of you, as she's your mother's sister.  Hanging up on her, isn't a good idea.   It certainly won't make things better.  The prophet (s.a.w) was kind to those that were cruel to him.  He is our example.  In sha allah, your showing kindness to her will help her change her ways (and it will definitely get you Allah's pleasure).

My advice to you is keep relations with them.  You don't have to visit them.  A short and simple phone call to say salaam is enough (or even an e-mail).  And soon, Allah will open your hearts to one another.   May Allah ta'la increase you in patience and strength (ameen).   I'm praying that your love and obedience to Allah will be stronger than their transgressions against you.

Salaam

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:02am

Assalamu alaikum,

My dear Sister Abeer, your incredibly strong deen never ceases to amaze me!  You always remember to remind us of the example of our Prophet (pbuh), an example we should all strive to live up to.

Sister Zenib, surely your family has caused you much hurt.  If you look in your heart, you will find a way to keep the ties of kinship without compromising your safety or peace of mind.  May Allah give you much strength and courage to live your life in the way that is most pleasing to Him.  And may the remembrance of Allah help to ease your grief at the loss of your dear mother.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 1:45pm

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Zenib,

I know that you will not displease Allah, SWT, by avoiding the people who are accusing you of murdering your own mother.  You must be strong for your children and protect them from the evils of this world.  Why call people who have wrongly accused you of a terrible thing and have spread slander about you throughout the community?  What other things are such people capable of doing against Allah, SWT?  They are committing a grave sin with their false accusations, and Allah, SWT, will turn his Mercy away from slanderers.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 03 January 2006 at 6:35pm

Salam

thank you all for replying, sorry it took me a long time to get back to you. I have had a lot of stuff to sort out and not been able to log on.

But it is reassuring that are so many lovely people I can come to ask advise about, and insha'allah will be given sound advice.

thank you all again, peace

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 03 January 2006 at 8:58pm

but what scares me is that I may not be allowed in heaven if I break ties with these realtives.

My child, you are lucky that such "relatives" don't hold the keys to the gates of heaven. How can they when they fail even to hold themselves upright?

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 07 January 2006 at 1:27pm

As Salam Alaikum,

Sister zenib1978,

I just want to make it clear to you that in the Glorious Qur'an, it says that the person who severs the bond of kinship will not go to jannah.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net