Forum Description: Theories that may or maynot bear relevance
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3188
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 6:57am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Question to Moderators
Posted By: Servetus
Subject: Question to Moderators
Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:13am

It seems the thread, in this forum, entitled "Political Propositions & Aphorisms" has been closed.  If you could, kindly explain why.  Thank you.

Servetus

Replies:
Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:19am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

The USA should use its resources, including, when necessary, its military, to liberate Muslims from Islam and to liberate Islam from its antipathy to absolute pacifism.

this is not a conspiracy theory to begin with, and this proposition will not be entertained here.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:26am

Thanks for explaining, Rami, and I understand the objection, especially if the irony of the proposition is missed (which can easily happen). 

Servetus   

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:32am

Your style of writing is a little to figrative for my taste, is there a deeper conspiracy theory in there somewhere?

i guess your sense of irony is very bad

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:55am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Your style of writing is a little to figrative for my taste...

I just might work on that.

Quote ... is there a deeper conspiracy theory in there somewhere?

Probably.

Quote ... i guess your sense of irony is very bad

We can add it to my growing list of other bad, and in some cases, very bad senses.

Servetus

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 11:12am

Brother Rami, it's one of the most potent satire I have seen in years. I admire Lewis Lapham, Noam Chomeski and our good old Andhurati Roy and, any of these haven't been able to coin anything like this one.

I am a hard nut for admiring anyone. Or, for that mater, envying someone's real sharp wit.

Brother, it will be an idea to examine this line for what it is.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 5:01pm

Bismillah,

Examine away!

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 06 December 2005 at 4:08am

i dont see anyone arguing that it is a conspiracy theory which is the pupose of this section.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2005 at 10:06am

Shukran, Whisper, it was very kind of you.  As for me, I let the matter rest after this final cryptogram meant solely for the initiated (which, as it is written, obviously continues the altogether pleasant trend of placing me in illustrious company):

If Rome had its Juvenal, so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-Four - Oceania  (the USA) has its aspiring and often ill-appreciated Servetus!

Serv

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 06 December 2005 at 4:40pm

Bismillah,

Plainly:  America, conspiratorily, is using its resources and military to wipe out Muslims and any peaceful inclinations they have.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 07 December 2005 at 9:49pm

where is the theory of this conspiracy, genralised statments do not constitue a conpiracy theory something simple which you have missed becouse of your emotions and zeal.

-------------

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 15 December 2005 at 10:41am

Plainly:  America, conspiratorily, is using its resources and military to wipe out Muslims and any peaceful inclinations they have.

Really? and exactly what peaceful inclinations did the Taliban have? or Saddam?

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Posted By: kenski70
Date Posted: 15 December 2005 at 10:59am
As you can see a general statement like the one from "herjihad" could be considered a conspircy theory.and start a debate.

-------------
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net