Print Page | Close Window

Ready helper

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3157
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 11:13pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ready helper
Posted By: abubasil
Subject: Ready helper
Date Posted: 03 December 2005 at 1:34am

Hello everybody .. Alsalam alaykum..

I am muslim man from Iraq .. raised as muslim within very pure muslim family ..now I am 35 married ..four kids ... and i think I have very clear veiws regrading islam ..hope my English will help

Do you know that man can not commit a sin while he is busy with work !! in another words sins come in our free times ..

I have much time after I  finishing my work as email sender I like to give help for others ,I am lucky to find this forum to gain two aims ..help brothers and sister in islam and improve my english ..

-------------
O Allah what did find he who lost you , what did lost he who find you

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 03 December 2005 at 3:45am

Wa alaikum salaam Brother Abubasil,

Welcome to Islamicity!  Your english is already quite good .  Hope you enjoy your time here.  May Allah protect you and your family from the tragedy happening all around your country.

You are so right about a busy person not being able to sin.  The Christians have a saying, "idle hands are the devil's playground".  A real truism in any faith!

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 03 December 2005 at 4:35am

Bismillah,

Salaams, Brother from Iraq, AbuBasil!  How about if you help me with Arabic also?  I can speak Arabic, but when I watch the news, there are words and phrases that I don't know, and right now, I don't have someone to ask most of the time.  So if I could post a question, just as you can for English, that would be great.  (Right now, I can't think of any!)  I am married with kids also.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 03 December 2005 at 9:08pm

Alsalamu alaykum ..bismillah..

First I am very gratefull for Ummziba for the kind welcoming ..

DEAR herjihad ..

It will be my pleasure to help ..but arabic learning seems to be out of this forum topics ..are we allowed to use this space !!??

I will accept private messages ... besides I am online often as abubasil70 in the yahoomsngr in  my daytime ..regards

-------------

Date Posted: 04 December 2005 at 8:14am

Bismillah,

MashahAllah, Brother.  Thank you for your offer.  I was going to say more, but I think I just burnt my son's pancakes.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 12:05am

Bismillah

salaams

I couldnt  understat what you mean by "but I think I just burnt my son's pancakes"

anyway you are welcomed . just click this  ymsgr:sendim?abubasil70 - ymsgr:sendim?abubasil70

regards

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 5:45am

Bismillah,

Well, I foolishly thought I could look at the computer for just a minute, but the pancakes that I had put in a frying pan on the stove started to smoke, meaning that I had burned them.  Poor kid.  He was hungry too!

Ana harakat al-akal (pankatat) tabat ibnee.

Is that clear as mud now?

LOL (Laugh out loud).

-------------

Date Posted: 05 December 2005 at 10:33pm

Bismillah

well ... I really need someone to share me what I like to put in this forum but I am afriad that my english still weak to show what I want to say ... and you have said that you can  read and understand arabic but you you also need help to get better ... we can exchange our goods

-------------

Date Posted: 06 December 2005 at 7:20am

Bismillah,

That sounds great.  We can exchange information about Arabic and English on this forum.  There is room.  And we'll find out if there is not because they will delete or edit our posts.

HELP:  Here is a question about Arabic that I have asked many times and never gotten the answer to.  How do you say hug?  In English I say, "I hugged my son."  So in Arabic that would be, "___________ ibnee."

-------------

Date Posted: 07 December 2005 at 12:23am

Bismillah alrahman laraheem

dear sister my advice to everyone who wants to learn arabic is to learn how to hand-write it ,this is improtant, after you have learned the shapes of arabic letters (the alphabetics ) and its sounds try to read as much as you can even if you are not knowning what those words mean .... for example ask arabic-afriends how to write each one of the the name of yr friends and and the sound of each letter .. after that try to write any english word with arabic letters like the names of cities ..i think this will be intersting .. writing from right to left  

http://www.funwitharabic.com - www.funwitharabic.com

regarding yr question we say "I hug my soon"

like this "e7tadhanto ibnee" or "3anaqto ibnee" both in past tence

in present tence they will be

"a7tadhin ibnee" and "u3aaniq ibnee"

the characters I use "7,3" to show the sound of

7abeebi=habeebi ,7ub=hub

3arab=arab ...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 December 2005 at 2:33am

Bismillah,

Do you have the capability to show those words with Arabic letters because I read and write Arabic, but I need the tashkeel?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:05pm

��� ���� ������ ������

������ ����� ����� ���� �������

to say: I hug my son

����� ����  � �� ����� ����

I hope these charecters will be veiwed properly

-------------

Posted By: Amala
Date Posted: 09 December 2005 at 12:13am
Alaikum salam  my muslim bro buddy (lol)Ismael and shukran(thanks)4 the invite to this group ,and am sure not only will it be a great asset 4 sharing an learning knowledge but also for practicing and learning your english,4 all our Islam sis an bros  we ask ;Allah make my love for you the most beloved thing 2 me and my fear for you the most fearful thing to me and remove from me worldly needs and wants by instilling a passion for meeting you ....ameen ....Bara  kul lah an blesses muches from my heart 2 yours ...sis Amala

Posted By: Falcon
Date Posted: 09 December 2005 at 12:20am

Oooh - this one is a FUN message thread!  (female in USA)

I cracked up at the 'burnt pancakes' post!  That was so frank and cute.  Soo, I am 36 American - born n raised.  True as apple pie.

So, I can help out with english and good ol slang too, okay?

Falcon

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 09 December 2005 at 8:21pm

Abubasil, the characters are very clear

Teslam

Date Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:27am

Bismillah,

Not to me.  It must be my computer settings.   Or maybe my IC settings.  Anybody know offhand?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 12:31am

Bismilllah

salaams for all

sorry dear Falcon to be late i didnt notice yr offer
I would like to thank you for yr offer it is realy the  revolution of information .now I have much sources for english learning : PC internet Cds tv channel satalite ! but this forum is the most interesting .

for those who can read arabic script in proper this is a short lesson

lets begin with the shapes of arabic letters and now lets limit them into these 14 shapes ... i am sure you will recognize why .. maybe at the end

�   ��   ��   �  �   ��   ��   �   ��   ��   ��   ���   ���     ����    � 

now print these letters in a paper then try to (draw) its shape with hand from right to left

after you had have enough skill with them try to write complete words

by sticking them togather like these

���� � ��� � ���� � ��� � ��� � ���� � ���� ......

Dear herjihad do this .. in this window from view menu choose Encoding .. more .. arabic ...and find the suitable one ... wasalamu alaykum warahmatu Alllah

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 7:25am

Bismillah,

Shukran Jazeelan, AbuBasil!  I didn't change anything, but today I see Arabic letters.  Go figure!

You removed the past tense.  Would you write it completely with present, future and command forms?  Also, with my older eyes, it is hard to see the small Arabic script, so could you make it larger?  Also, the letters don't have tashkeel.

I wish I had one of those templates to put on my keyboard so that I could type in Arabic, but I don't, and it is too difficult to figure out the keys in order to make a message.

I rewrote the first transliteration of the past tense in Arabic leters(I hugged) and practised it.  I'm still practising it though!  I want to practise it in all of its forms.

My grandmother taught me how to make apple pie, and lemon meringue and chocolate meringue.  Have you ever had these pies, AbuBasil?

-------------

Posted By: ThePolarExpress
Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 8:07am

I WANT TO KNOW ARABIC TOO, BROTHERS AND SISTERS. I HAVE KNOWN BUT I FORGOT. AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN THOSE CHARACTERS BEFORE. WHAT ARE THEY? I DID NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING 

Sister in Islam

Posted By: Abeer23
Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 8:21pm

Polar express,

Those characters are (some of) the Arabic alphabet.  They're pretty much the basic forms.  The other alphabets have the same shape just a different nuber of dots above or below the alphabet.   

For some letters,  depending on it's place in a word, (beginning, middle, or end), the writing (shape) of the letter will change slightly. Abu basil has shown you the beginning forms of the letters he's chosen . 

Salaam

Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 9:07pm

Bismillah,

Dear herjihad dear brothers and sisters press control button in the keybaord and scroll the the wheel of the mouse up and down at a time for the sake of yr eyes

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 9:54pm

Bismillah

Salams

One another lesson

I would like to advise those who like to learn arabic to practice it by hand-writting and read the arabic alphabets in its original shapes do not use the english letters for that purpose  ..

Why that ? in  the English lang words are often compound of phonetic sections but in arabic each single character is a phonetic section ! more than that it has three phonetic states ( for example the letter ��  its sound is (K) in english the sound (k) is constant but in arabic ���   is one private ponetic section (ku) )

another example ( the letter ���  its sound is (t) in english the sound (t) is constant but in arabic ���   is one private phonetic section (te) )

one more example ( the letter ��  its sound is (b) in english the sound (b) is constant but in arabic ���   is one private phonetic section (ba) )

so the word ������  (kataba) means he wrote . but ������  (kuteba)  means written (the lesson was written) ������ �����   .....

-------------

Date Posted: 11 December 2005 at 10:10pm

��������� ����� � ���������� ������ � ������ ��������

I hug my son , I hugged my son , hug your son ...in success

������������ ���� ��������������� ���� � ������������ �����

=============

Sorry I didnt (see) that repast ..but as  Iraqi I like date (date palm fruit)  with the juice of sesame ..hmm tasty

-------------

Date Posted: 12 January 2006 at 2:47pm

Bismillah,

Thank you Abu Basil!  I printed the phrases you typed in just today, so I can pratice them better.  I have a lot on my mind as a busy mom, but I learn things slowly and steadily and I think I learn more than I forget in the end.

Now, I can picture eating dates, as we do for iftar.  But then you dip them in liquid sesame?

'amilt mensef lil 'akil imbarih.  zakee! (Okay.  I know the Arabic letters, but I don't have a keyboard to type them in.)

-------------

Date Posted: 12 January 2006 at 2:49pm

Bismillah,

Angela pointed out the site Beforeyouknowit.com.  It has a great beginning Arabic learning free software.

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 13 January 2006 at 5:19am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Exactly, before you know it .com is an great start for learning Arabic,thank you so much Angela!!! tho i have recently met with an friend who is an expert on Arabic,insh'Allah i will learn...

Posted By: icforumadmin
Date Posted: 16 January 2006 at 2:03pm
test

Date Posted: 16 January 2006 at 2:05pm
works...e-mail alert workssss....

Date Posted: 16 January 2006 at 3:31pm

Bismillah,

Thanks.  Shukran.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 January 2006 at 12:51pm
Jazak'Allah Khair for his works on islamicity.com,a great job doing in the name of Allah...may Allah give His benefits to him and family...wa salaam...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net