Forum Description: Understanding Quranic ayat and Sunnah
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31238
Printed Date: 27 April 2024 at 8:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Healing in the Quran
Posted By: DeafHeal
Subject: Healing in the Quran
Date Posted: 27 August 2014 at 8:16pm
Hi I am interested in learning the Quran mainly because I am Deaf and use sign language and have physical health issues.

My Christian pastor & congregation does not seem to be that interested in prayer and fasting according to KJV Holy Bible Mark 9:14-29.

I was at a mosque for Ramadan and I was very deeply moved by the prayers and fastings of the Muslims.

The Christian church became very hostile toward me once I started to tell them I am not interested in seeing Muslims as bad people because of 9/11/01. I could not believe the hate directed towards me from the Christian church.

At the mosque, I really wanted to pray and fast with the Muslims at the mosque but was not sure how to ask because I never had been to a mosque before.

I am waiting for a free Quran in the mail and would like to study the revelant verses from the Quran about healing please ?

Replies:
Posted By: Abu Loren
Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 7:56am
Salaam,

The Qur'an is a healing for the mind, body and soul.

Sahih International

And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.

-------------
La Ilaha IllAllah

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 9:16am
Originally posted by DeafHeal DeafHeal wrote:

Hi I am interested in learning the Quran mainly because I am Deaf and use sign language and have physical health issues.

My Christian pastor & congregation does not seem to be that interested in prayer and fasting according to KJV Holy Bible Mark 9:14-29.

I was at a mosque for Ramadan and I was very deeply moved by the prayers and fastings of the Muslims.

The Christian church became very hostile toward me once I started to tell them I am not interested in seeing Muslims as bad people because of 9/11/01. I could not believe the hate directed towards me from the Christian church.

At the mosque, I really wanted to pray and fast with the Muslims at the mosque but was not sure how to ask because I never had been to a mosque before.

I am waiting for a free Quran in the mail and would like to study the revelant verses from the Quran about healing please ?

As-salaam alaikum!  I am glad that you are interested in learning about Islam and reading the Quran. 

"O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy" (Surah Yunus, 10:57).

I am sorry to hear that you faced such hostility from the church.  Some people are just willfully ignorant.  The best thing to do is to ignore them.

It is unfortunate that you weren't able to pray and fast during Ramadan, but the great thing about Islam is that you can make them up in in other ways.  You can fast throughout the year (aside from a few days where it is forbidden, such as Eid). Of course, the best thing to do is to first go to a mosque and learn the proper way to pray and fast. 

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 3:17pm
Thank you Abu Loren and Islamispeace.

Date Posted: 28 August 2014 at 7:40pm
Are there any more healing verses in the Quran please ?

Date Posted: 29 August 2014 at 2:54pm

Thank you Abu Loren and Islamispeace.

You are welcome!  If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Date Posted: 31 August 2014 at 8:15pm

Are there any more healing verses in the Quran please ?

Here are some more:

"And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me;" (Surah As-Shu'araa, 26:80)

"Had We sent this as a Qur'an (in the language) other than Arabic, they would have said: "Why are not its verses explained in detail? What! (a Book) not in Arabic and (a Messenger an Arab?" Say: "It is a Guide and a Healing to those who believe; and for those who believe not, there is a deafness in their ears, and it is blindness in their (eyes): They are (as it were) being called from a place far distant!"" (Surah Fussilat, 41:44)

-------------

Date Posted: 01 September 2014 at 8:14pm
I saw these two positive things on Facebook when you use hashtags #islam and #quran

The first one is from " Hadith of the Day "

The great genius of our religion, and one of the great truths of our Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he came as a mercy to everyone. He created multi-ethnic and multi-cultural societies. He had all types of people: Persians, Romans, Africans, Arabs from different tribes and he brought them into a fraternity of mercy. He had Jews and Christians and he honored them, and spoke to them kindly. He was not a harsh person, he was a gentle person. He created an open society. Our religion honours people and treats them with dignity. May Allah preserve in you the tolerance of Islam. (Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) What a beautiful quote about our Prophet (peace be upon him) MashaAllah!

The second one is from " Yasir Qadhi "

Allah says, "In their hearts is a disease, so Allah has increased [the severity] of their disease" (Surah al-Baqara: 10)
From this, we learn:
1) That just as the heart has physical diseases, so too it has spiritual diseases as well.
2) That the believer should monitor the signs and symptoms of spiritual diseases (including jealousy, hatred, envy, excessive love of material wealth, and so forth), just as every healthy person monitors his heart and pulse.
3) That just as bad food intake and lack of exercise causes harm to the physical heart, so too does continuous sinning and a lack of ritual worship and dhikr harm the spiritual heart.
4) That Allah misguides those who deserve to be misguided: they had an evil in their hearts, so they deserved to be increased in that evil.
5) Therefore, the one who has a pure heart will be shown guidance by Allah (as Allah says in Surah al-Anfal;70).
6) Ibn al-Qayyim mentions that there are two primary categories of spiritual diseases of the heart: the disease of doubt, and the disease of desire.
7) The cure for both of these types of diseases is the Quran and the Quran alone: "O you who believe! A beneficial reminder has come to you from your Lord, and a cure for what is in the chest, and a guidance, and mercy, for all believers" [Surah Yunus; 57]
May Allah make us from the people of the Quran - those whose hearts are pure and disease-free!

Posted By: usman ahmed
Date Posted: 20 October 2014 at 4:49am
whole Quran is the source of healing and Recitation of Quran will leads you to peace and calmness. Here are some selected verses from Quran about healing.

"and [GOD] satisfy the breasts of a believing people." (at-Tawba, 9:14)

"Mankind there has come to you a guidance from your Lord and a healing for (the diseases) in your hearts, and for those who believe a guidance and a mercy." (Yunus, 10:57)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net